Best Air Purifier for Baby Nursery – Did you know that not all air purifiers are safe for babies? Or that some air purifiers are actively dangerous for a baby?
If not, don’t worry. We’ve researched the best air purifiers for a baby’s nursery and found a variety of safe options we would be happy to have in our own homes.
We’ve also included a helpful guide with all you need to know about air purifiers.
1.Storebary Air Purifier
With five fan speeds, a whisper-quiet sleep mode, and a three-stage HEPA filtration system, the Storebary air purifier has all the features you need in an air purifier for your baby’s nursery.
Depending on the room’s size, the top fan speed will clean the air up to five times an hour, and you can run the smoke eater 24/7.
This purifier has an air quality indicator at the center of the digital display. You can see at a glance exactly how good, or otherwise, the air is. Just for reference, any reading of 12 or under is considered healthy.
You can turn the display on or off if your baby is sensitive to light at night, and there is a child lock, so curious littles ones can’t change any of your favored settings.
Pros & Cons
- 【Activated Carbon】 A layer of carbon mesh designed to improve your indoor environment.
- 【Easy to Replace】 Storebary air purifier replacement is easy to be replaced, no tools required, we recommend replacing the air filter every approx 3,000 Hours depending on the air quality and frequency of using the purifier.
- True HEPA technology, ensure your family is breathing clean air.
- It can ensure you get fresh air and wake up peacefully every morning.
- 【Warm Tips】 Please use only for Storebary C350 model air purifier to ensure superior product performance; Please remove the plastic bag before use; It can’t be washed and reused.
The RabbitAir air purifier can be used freestanding on the floor or wall-mounted. The Artists series allows you to choose a decorative front panel with mood lighting or images, including Monet, Van Gough, Hello Kitty, and Peanuts.
You can control the purifier from anywhere with an internet connection. You can set a daily schedule where the purifier turns on, increases or decreases purification rates, or turns off at specific times.
You can customize the five-stage filtration system to your family’s needs.
It includes a washable pre-filter, a medium filter for pollen and pet dander, and the HEPA filter, which removes 99.97% of particles 03 microns or bigger.
Pros & Cons
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- 5 Year Warranty
- Odor Remover customized filter: Traps and reduces odors from pets, cigarettes and cigars, cooking and mildew.
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 700 sq. ft.
3.LEVOIT Air Purifiers
The Levoit Core 400S is just over 20 inches high and weighs 11 pounds. This makes it a sturdy air purifier that is not easily knocked over but is light enough to move from place to place. There are even handles for easy transport.
A third-party app by VeSync allows you to monitor the air quality, set the timer, and turn the purification speed up or down from anywhere in the world via a smart device. You can use voice control when you are at home with voice assistants like Google or Alexa.
A clean air delivery rate of 260 cubic feet per minute cleans the air in a 403 square foot room five times per hour. If you enable the auto mode, the Levoit will monitor the air and increase or decrease the fan speed in response to the current air quality.
Pros & Cons
- LARGE COVERAGE: The top-performing Levoit Core 400S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier can purify large rooms, such as bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens, and basements. Purify a 403 ft² room 5x per hour and a 990 ft² room 2x per hour
- 3-STAGE FILTRATION: Filtration includes a Pre-Filter, H13 True HEPA Filter, which traps viruses, bacteria, pollen,dust, and pet dander, and a Custom High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter that helps neutralize odors, cooking and wildfire smoke, and VOCs
- WHISPER-LEVEL QUIET: Keep the Core 400S running throughout the night, as Sleep Mode uses the lowest fan speed (24dB) to create a sleep-friendly space that’s as quiet as falling leave
- COMBAT ALLERGIES AND ASTHMA: Powerful air purification during allergy and wildfire seasons helps capture allergens that cause sneezing, congestion, breathing difficulties, and other symptoms
- VIEW AIR QUALITY: The laser dust sensor scans the surrounding air for airborne particles, continuously updating the PM2.5 display and creating graphs in the VeSync app so you can see how your air quality has improved
- HANDS-FREE VOICE COMMAND: Hands-free control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant allows you to control settings when your hands are full with cooking, caring for babies and children, or playing with pets
- SCHEDULE SETTINGS TO MATCH YOUR ROUTINE: Program the air purifier to use different modes and fan speeds at certain times, so you can have your week planned in advance. With scheduling, you never have to worry about forgetting to change your settings
- TRUSTWORTHY AND SAFE: The Core 400S is Energy Star and FCC certified, ETL listed, and a recipient of the German Design Award (2021) and iF Design Award (2021). Only use Levoit replacement filters (search B08SQQK6K7) for best results and product performance
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
The PureZone air purifier is a compact air cleaner for mid-sized rooms. At 11 by 7 by 12 inches, it takes up minimal space and can clean an area of up to 200 square feet, so it’s perfect for most nurseries.
With three stages of filtration, this little unit first uses activated carbon to trap odors and impurities. The true HEPA filter then eliminates 99.97% of allergens such as dust, mold, pollen, dander, and smoke. The UV-C light, which Pure Enrichment claims will destroy germs and virus-causing bacteria, can be switched off if you prefer not to use it.
Pros & Cons
- 4-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION: Clean your air from 99.97% of dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and household odors. Stage 1: Activated carbon pre-filter; Stage 2: Medical-Grade true HEPA filter; Stage 3: UV-C light + Photocatalyst filter; Stage 4: Ionizer
- BUILT-IN UV-C LIGHT: Adds a deeper level of air sanitation by safely eliminating up to 99.9% of viruses and bacteria. (Staphylococcus albus (96.6%), Escherichia coli (99.3%), Aspergillus niger (99.6%), H1N1 (99.9%) independent testing)
- SMART AIR QUALITY MONITOR: PureZone Elite uses smart air quality detection technology to improve the air by automatically adjusting the fan speed in real-time and keeping you informed with our color-coded light display
- ENERGY STAR RATED: Certified by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy that this product uses less energy to help protect the environment
- WHAT YOU GET: 4-in-1 air purifier, 2-in-1 filter, UV-C light bulb, and Pure Enrichment’s guaranteed 5-Year Warranty. Our customer support team provides daily quality service and peace of mind to millions worldwide all from a brand you can trust.
The Honeywell HPA060 is specifically designed for small rooms and can clean all air in a 70 square foot room up to five times in an hour.
The downside of this product is the relatively loud fan. You can clearly hear it running at night, even on the lowest setting, which had us debating whether to include the purifier on the list at all.
However, you can choose to run the Honeywell in your baby’s nursery with the door closed during the day, then turn the cleaner off overnight.
Pros & Cons
- AIR PURIFIER FILTER REPLACEMENT – This Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier H Filter helps capture up to 99.97% of the following molecules: pollen, pet dander, debris and smoke.
- WORKS WITH HONEYWELL AIR PURIFIERS FOR HOME – These Honeywell HEPA Filters are designed exclusively to fit Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier models HPA050 150, HPA 060 160 and HHT055 155 Series.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING & CIRCULATION – A Honeywell Air Purifier with a Honeywell Certified filter will filter and circulate air up to 4.8x an hour in stated room size. Replace HEPA Filters 1x per year. Pre-filters used with this filter are sold separately.
- COMPATIBLE DOESN’T MEAN COMPARABLE – For best performance, use only genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST – Improve your air quality and neutralize unpleasant smells for a cleaner breathing experience year round with Honeywell air cleaners, purifiers and humidifiers.
Best Air Purifier for Baby Nursery – Air purifiers with true HEPA filters are the best for children’s rooms. The addition of activated carbon filters provides an extra layer of air filtering for optimal protection. A quiet machine is also advisable for a nursery; although a soft and gentle rumble is quite nice for them, a loud buzzing or busy fan can potentially serve as a sleep hindrance.
It’s also good to note that the EPA advises to stay away from air purifiers that produce ozone, as these have been declared unsafe for adults as well as children.