Best Air Purifier for Bacteria and Viruses – We hope you enjoyed this guide on how to choose the best air purifier for bacteria and viruses.
As you discovered, there are three main types of technologies for what makes a good air purifier that can destroy airborne germs: Ultraviolet Light, Silver-infused HEPA Filter, and Heat Sterilization.
By choosing an air purifier with the level of protection you want, as well as picking the right unit that meets the room size you’re going to use the air purifier in, you can ensure that you get the best air purifier for germs that keeps the air around you clean.
Now you know how to get the best air purifier for viruses for a healthier home and office.
1.LEVOIT Air Purifier
Pros & Cons
- OZONE FREE: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Enjoy fresh air in minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 cleans spaces up to 547 ft² in 30 minutes, 219 ft² in 12 minutes (CADR: 141 CFM / 240 m³/h). Only products over 6 pounds can be equipped with such powerful motors that optimize the air cleaning performance
- FIND RELIEF: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- OFFICIAL LEVOIT FILTERS: Search for B07RSZSYNC or Core 300-RF to find Levoit's Core 300 replacement filter. Levoit filters provide the best fit and filtration, while off-brand filters are unreliable and may damage the air purifier
- MULTIPLE FILTER CHOICES: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in smog, toxins, and VOCs. The Smoke Remover filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and etc. And the Pet Allergy Filter helps to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors
- WHISPER QUIET AIR CLEANER: Choose Sleep Mode at night and then forget all about your air purifier while you sleep. QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise levels to a near-silent 24dB, ensuring the Core 300 won’t get in the way of a good night’s rest
- SLEEK DESIGN: The Core 300 practically serves your home while blending in with your decor. Its award-winning design (Red Dot, 2020) and modern white finish help your air purifier fit anywhere in your home/bedroom/room
- UNDISTURBED OPERATION: The display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter lifetime indicator for your convenience
- FULL CERTIFIED FOR SAFER: Energy Star Verified, Complies with California air resources board (CARB) for indoor cleaning devices. Also FCC certified, ETL listed
The touch control panel on the top is convenient to use, and it includes all the necessary features an air purifier needed. It featured 3 fan speeds and four different timers: 2hr, 4hr, 6r, and 8hr.
You can set it to sleep mode, where it goes to the lowest fan speed and turns of the indicator lights. It also features a display lock button to prevent unwanted touch.
Levoit Core 300 does not have any air quality sensors.
The lowest noise is only 24dB, which is below the whisper level, and the maximum noise level is around 50 dB, which looks a bit louder for a 141 cfm air purifier. So, you have to use it in your small bedroom at night but with lower fan speed.
2.PARTU HEPA Air Purifier
Pros & Cons
- 【Air Purifier With Fragrance Sponge】Add a drop of essential oil (Not Included) and some water into sponge below the purifier air outlet, then fragrance will flow with air movements.
- 【Lock Set】It's efficient to avoid error operation caused by pet or child's during their curiosity. (Keep pressing the Lock button for 3 seconds to start avoiding touching mode.) Three fan settings let you control the speed and volume of the Air purifier.
- 【Efficient Three-Stage System】Effective area 107sq.ft/ 10m² (bedroom/ office). 12 Watts; 0.8 A(A voltage converter is needed if you want to use this air purifier beyond the US.)
- 【Black Case And Sleek Design】Compact enough to fit on your desk.
- 【Note for First Time Use】Before operating the air purifier, please remove the plastic bags of the filter. The filter should be replaced every 3-6 months according to the air quality in your area and the usage of the air purifier to ensure the best results.
The PARTU HEPA air purifier cleans air in indoor spaces, easily removing smoke particles, dust, pet dander, and pollen as small as 0.3 microns. The anion function of the purifier reduces odor (and spread pleasant fragrances), all while being ozone-free. Its impressive features set makes it a stylish yet affordable air purifying solution for its price range.
It comes with a true HEPA filter used to prevent allergies, respiratory issues, and bad smells.
Pros & Cons
- Pure cool me HEPA air purifier Dyson's first personal purifying fan; Delivers a focused stream of purified air to cool you
- Captures: Fully sealed HEPA filter and activated carbon filter captures 99. 97 degree of allergens and pollutants, including pollen, bacteria, and pet dander
- Core flow technology: Allows you to precisely adjust airflow to deliver personal cooling with purified air; This makes it ideal for individuals who want to project air precisely where they need it
- Precise Airflow: Precisely control your airflow with a simple sliding mechanism; By adjusting the dome's position, you can change the airflow angle of the air purifier
- LCD Display: Built in LCD shows airflow level and filter life
- Night time mode: Night time mode monitors and purifies using quiet settings, with a dimmed display
- Low maintenance filters: Low maintenance, easily changeable filters. The filter life is 1 year if used 12 hours a day
- Asthma and allergy friendly: Certified asthma and allergy friendly by the asthma and allergy Foundation of America
- Compatible with tower EVO filter, part #: 968126 03
But to be honest, despite the complaints, for the longest time I felt reluctant in investing in an air purifier. Either because they are very tricky to buy (is it really effective?) and very hard on the pocket (is it worth the money?)
And amid all of the dilemma, Dyson launched their Pure Cool air purifier in India in July and sent me a unit of the tower model to review. It costs in India. There is also a desk variant of the air purifier, which is priced . I reviewed only the tower variant, and here’s how my last few weeks were breathing the Delhi air.
4.Pure Enrichment PureZone
Pros & Cons
- 3-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION: Perfect for medium to large rooms of up to 300 sq. ft.*, safely clean your home, bedroom, living room, nursery, or office air from 99.97% of particles dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and household odors. Stage 1: Washable Pre-Filter and Activated Carbon Filter; Stage 2: True H13 HEPA filter; Stage 3: UV-C Light
- ELIMINATES VIRUSES & BACTERIA: The built-in UV-C light adds a deeper level of cleanliness and safely eliminates up to 99.9% of viruses and bacteria. (Staphylococcus albus (95.8%), Escherichia coli (96.6%), Aspergillus niger (88.2%), H1N1 (99.9%) independent testing)
- 3 FAN SPEEDS & QUIET OPERATION: Use the easy touch-button control panel to find your optimal fan setting with low, medium, and high options. With a soothing white noise level at just 30dB, it’s quiet enough to sanitize while you sleep.
- ENERGY-EFFICIENT & EASY TO USE: PureZone has 3 timer settings for 2, 4, or 8 hours which allows you to save energy or run continuously. It also comes designed with a filter reset indicator that lets you know when it is time for a fresh filter.
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY: 3-in-1 powerful air purifier, 3-in-1 filter that lasts up to 6 months, UV-C light bulb, and Pure Enrichment’s guaranteed 5-Year Warranty. Our customer support team provides daily quality service and peace of mind to millions worldwide all from a brand you can trust.
The Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 is a quiet machine with very few other noteworthy qualities. If cost and noise are your top priorities, this unit might be a good choice. The PureZone is generally an average performer. It’s quiet and functional in small bedrooms but just doesn’t have enough power to be used in spaces larger than 100 square feet.
The PureZone 3-in-1 was an average performer in our air cleaning tests. When placed into our smokey, 150 square foot testing room, it struggled a bit to get going, removing only 83% of the airborne particulates over the first half-hour (for comparison, the top-performing Coway removed over 99% in the same time span).
5.Molekule Air Mini
Pros & Cons
- FDA-cleared to destroy viruses: Molekule Air Mini is FDA-cleared as a 510(k) Class II medical device to destroy viruses & bacteria, and trap 95% of particles 0.3-1 micron in size.
- Made for smaller spaces: designed for smaller spaces up to 250 sq. ft. like studio apartments, kids’ bedrooms & home offices
- PECO-powered: Uses Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) nanotechnology to destroy viruses, allergens, bacteria, mold, chemicals & more
- With 5 fan speeds to choose from, you can customize your purification needs, from whisper quiet, to boost. For home-or-commercial healthcare use, Mini should be used on fan speed 3 or higher.
- PECO-Filter status indicator: Easily track the replacement schedule for your PECO-Filter
- Ready to purify: Comes with a 6-month filter. Automatic filter refills available. See manufacturer's website.
- Whisper quiet: With a 39-decibel Silent Mode, Air Mini is sonically unobtrusive
- Portable: With its vegan-leather handle, Air Mini can be easily carried and placed anywhere in the home or business.
- App-enabled: Check filter status and change your device’s fan speed from your app, wherever you are
- Molekule PECO-Filters purify air thanks to a proprietary coating. Only Molekule-branded filters are warrantied for use with Molekule air purifiers.Lowest speed — 20 W/h Highest speed — 55 W/h
Air purifiers certainly come in many shapes and sizes, but the Molekule Air Mini is definitely one of the more stylish ones. This miniature cylinder is great for small spaces such as a kid’s bedroom or a home office. Its bigger siblings will be great for larger spaces, so if you’re looking for a bedside air purifier, then the Molekule Air Mini is a good starting point.
The white design will either blend in or stand out from your environment, but no matter where you set it up, you can leave the Molekule Air Mini alone to do its thing. That’s precisely what you want in an air purifier, and the fact that the Air Mini’s filter runs through a whole six months before you ever need to look at it again is another huge bonus.
Even though air purifiers are most well known for removing dust, allergens, smoke, and odors, there are some models that have been designed specifically to tackle microorganisms.
So if you’re looking to find the best air purifier for bacteria and viruses, then you’ve landed on the right page.
Below, you’ll discover what the top features are to look for the best air purifier for germs as well as a list of the best air purifier for viruses.