Best Air Purifier for Bedroom – You put effort into keeping a clean home, but it’s easy to overlook the indoor air quality, which can be more polluted than the air outdoors.
Contaminants like dust, smoke, organic compounds, allergens, bacteria and dander from your beloved pet might be swirling around without you even realizing it. Good ventilation helps, but the best air purifiers can make an enormous difference in the quality of the air in your home.
1.Blueair Blue Pure 311
The air purifier is remarkably quiet, operating at a decibel level of only 23. (db). While the air purifier cannot entirely shut down like last year’s champion, we feel that the lowest speed produces no sound.
Plus, the Blue Pure 311 Auto offers the best room coverage on our list, easily handling rooms up to 388 square feet. For a reliable outcome, the air purifier is approved by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM).
Pros & Cons
- AUTO ADJUSTS SO YOU CAN REST EASY: One touch auto mode uses a particle sensor to monitor pollutant levels and adjusts fan to ensure optimal air quality; LED indicator displays air quality status as excellent (blue), moderate (orange) or polluted (red)
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair’s HEPASilent dual filtration delivers more clean air using less noise and energy than traditional HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 388sqft medium room in about 12.5 min or up to 1862qft XL space in 60min, on high
- ONE OF THE QUIETEST AIR PURIFIERS: Quieter (23 dB) than whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (3W) than an LED lightbulb on low so it’s kind to your wallet and the planet
- ASTHMA & ALLERGY: Removes 99.99% of pollen, helping reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES DOWN TO 0.1 MICRON: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes 99.97% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, viruses and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps light household odors from smoking, pets and cooking
- MOST AWARDED AIR PURIFIER BRAND IN THE US: Blue Pure 311 Auto has won Wirecutter Pick – The Best Air Purifier 2021, 2020, 2019; The Spruce Recommends – Top Pick
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR PERFORMANCE & SAFETY, ZERO OZONE: AHAM Verifide for CADR; Ozone Safety Standards Certified by CARB; Zero Ozone Verified (
Levoit is a leading air purifier manufacturer, well known for their best-selling Levoit Core 300. However, as of 2022, we have a new model that serves the same role but in a more compact form – the Levoit Core 200S. This air purifier has swiftly become a new Amazon’s Choice in less than six months, with over 5600 favorable ratings at the time of writing.
Levoit Core 200S features an incredible design that is ideal for your bedroom, both in terms of weight and size. You can simply place this tiny air purifier on your side table, and with a 180-square-foot coverage area, it will keep the air surrounding your bed fresh.
Pros & Cons
- OZONE FREE: Our most popular air purifier series is back with an all-new smart model. Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, which is especially harmful for Asthma sufferers and pets
- GENUINE REPLACEMENT FILTERS: For the best performance and longest lifespan, use genuine Levoit replacement filters. Use the in-app feature to monitor your filter life. When it’s time for a fresh filter, search “Core 200S-RF”
- EFFECTIVE PURIFICATION: The compact frame and 360° design help the Core 200S purify the air wherever you put it, refreshing the air 5x per hour in rooms as large as 183 ft² / 17 m². The optimal air cleaning performance can only be delivered by powerful motors installed on products over 6 pounds
- IMPROVED FILTRATION: While the ultra-fine Nylon Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter capture large particles and absorb odors and fumes, the H13 True HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of airborne contaminants 0.3 microns in size, ridding your environment of dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and more
- QUIET OPERATION: With noise levels as low as 24dB, the Core 200S cleans your air without keeping you up at night. For a completely uninterrupted sleep, turn off all lights with the Display Off button
- ACCESS ANYWHERE: With the VeSync app, you can control your smart air purifier from anywhere. Adjust settings while you’re in the other room, at the office, or out walking the dog
- VOICE CONTROL: The Core 200S is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can use your air purifier without having to lift a finger
- SET SCHEDULES: Using the VeSync app, you can program timers or create customized schedules so you’ll always have fresh air exactly when you want it
- EASY SETUP: To get started, simply turn on the Core 200S and open the VeSync app. There you’ll find easy instructions to connect your air purifier. Once setup is complete, you’ll be able to control the air purifier with your smartphone or the display panel
- FULLY CERTIFIED: The Core 200S has been thoroughly tested for safe performance. It is ETL Listed, FCC Certified, CARB Certified, and compliant with California’s strict standards for indoor cleaning devices. Note: Power Supply: AC 120V/60Hz (Only applies to the USA and Canada.)
AeraMax is a young name from a very old-history brand with lots of inventions – Fellowes.
In a very competitive bedroom-centric air purifier market, AeraMax doesn’t show off much, but it does provide one of the best performance True HEPA filter under $100 price tag. Behold the AeraMax 100, the ace of bedroom-centric air purifier from the US brand.
Pros & Cons
- Carbon Filter removes odors, VOC's and captures large airborne particulates
- Compatible with Fellowes AeraMax 100 Air Purifier. This item's packaging will indicate what is inside and cannot be hidden
- With normal usage, it is recommended that you change your filter every 3 months to keep your air purifier running at peak performance
- A filter change indicator on your Fellowes AeraMax 100 Air Purifier conveniently notifies you when it's time to replace your carbon filter
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
GermGuardian AC4825 is currently Amazon’s top HEPA air purifier, owing to a big price decrease in 2022. With that increased pricing, it clearly outperforms the previous Honeywell HPA060, utilizing the same methodology that has proven successful with other GermGuardian air purifiers.
While it may not have the feel or performance of a flagship air purifier, it is not attempting to be one. The GermGuardian AC4825 is equipped with a slew of useful features, most notably the combination of True HEPA and UV-C light air filters that effectively remove even the tiniest pollution particles.
Pros & Cons
- 3-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME - True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS - Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- QUIET OPERATION - The lowest setting can be used as gentle white noise at night for a quiet, restful sleep
5.Coway Airmega AP-1512HH
We examined hundreds of air purifiers and found that the Coway AP-1512HH is unquestionably one of the finest in terms of performance and pricing. It’s safe to say that if you’re looking for a true bargain in the low-price market, the Coway AP-1512HH is your finest option for the bedroom.
Unlike other air purifiers that run 24/7 even when the air is clean, this gadget automatically turns off the fan when it detects no air pollution, which is ideal for energy conservation. Additionally, this feature reduces the noise level of the Coway AP-1512HH to 4.9 decibels (db), the lowest level ever recorded for an air purifier.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 361 sq. ft. in 12.5 minutes or up to 874 sq. ft. in 30 minutes.
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor.
- [Auto Mode] Constantly monitoring the air quality, the fan automatically adjusts to most effectively purify your space as needed providing a new level of clean in real time.
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected.
- [3-Stage Manual Fan Speed] Control your AP-1512HH's fan manually with low, medium, and high settings.
- [Air Quality Indicator] Pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. Brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. You can turn off the light for sleeping.
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced, and the pre-filter needs to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed.
- [Ultra Quiet] Ultra quiet operation with noise levels ranging from 24 dB to 53 dB.
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy.
- [Warranty] 3-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
6.Dyson Pure Hot
As a mid-range air purifier from one of the world’s most prominent air purifier manufacturers, the Dyson Pure Cool Me is capable of dealing with any airborne problems in small bedroom, thanks to the high-quality air filter.
Moreover, you will have a new method of controlling your air purifier. Apart from the standard remote control, the innovative mechanism in the dome of the Dyson Pure Cool Me allows you to precisely guide the air flow.
Pros & Cons
The Alen air purifiers are no longer the only ones with Lifetime Warranty anymore, as Medify Air offers the same for their air purifiers at half the price.
The Medify MA-25 is even just half the price of the previous Alen BreatheSmart 45i, while it has nearly same performance to clean any small bedrooms.
Pros & Cons
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans up to 1,000 sq ft in one hr, 500 sq ft in 30 min, 250 sq ft in 15 min. [*Based on average CADR for pollen, smoke and dust when operating at fan setting 3. Assumes closed room with 8 ft ceiling.] Perfect for medium size rooms.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 3 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a min noise level of 35dB and max of 51dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch screen operation panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B081NWVMCH) lasts 2,500 hours or about 3-4 months.
Best Air Purifier for Bedroom – A great air purifier can really improve your life—reducing allergens such as pollen and mold spores, and protecting against wildfire smoke and other kinds of smoke.
But to qualify as great, an air purifier needs to be powerful enough to clean the air in a large living room or playroom, quiet and dark enough for you to sleep near it in a bedroom, and inexpensive enough that it’s reasonable to have several spread throughout your home.