Best Air Purifier for Birds – As a bird owner, you will want the absolute best for your chirpy companion. Unfortunately, our indoor air is nothing compared with the outdoor nature air quality. Bird respiratory systems are very sensitive to indoor chemicals like VOCs, perfumes, and aerosols.
We as an owner could also be allergic to bird dust, fungus from bird droppings, bird dander and so much more. An air purifier can help protect the feathered friend from succumbing to diseases while keeping the pet allergens away from us. So what is the best air purifier for birds? Let’s find out.
1.GermGuardian Air Purifier
Many people don’t realize is that the tiny bird’s dander can cause many allergic reactions. To tackle that, GermGuardian AC5250PT is perhaps the best tower air purifier for bird. With a 5-stage filtration in its slim body, the permanent mesh filter plus charcoal pre-filter will trap the initial feather dust. Continue that is the True HEPA Fresh filter that will remove dander and other allergens. Pet Pure treatment will halt microorganism growth in the filters while the UV-C Light will destroy airborne germs.
GermGuardian AC5250PT is a well-made tower air purifier that barely takes up any space. It even comes with a highly adjustable programmable timer for you to play around with. However, its purifying coverage is not the widest nor is the airflow delivery rate. Still, the all-in-one HEPA filtration is capable of trapping any airborne transmitted diseases.
Pros & Cons
- 3-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME - True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- PET PURE FILTER - An antimicrobial agent is added to the filter to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the filter's surface
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS - Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
Winix is a South Korean company. It is working for the last 40 years and truly an expert in manufacturing air purifiers. Winix HR900 is not a new model in the market, but the best air purifier for bird dander and dust. This air purifier offers superior air cleaning for Bird owners.
While talking about the air purification of Winix, it has a double pre-filtration system and dust sensor, making this air purifier more efficient in pet houses. Let’s start the review of this amazing product with key features.
Pros & Cons
- The next generation of the wildly popular Winix 9500 Ultimate Pet Air Purifier
- True HEPA filtration captures 99. 97percent of airborne pollutants, pet dander and allergens as small as 0. 3 microns
- Washable Advanced Odor Control (AOCTM) Carbon Filter captures pet odors as well as smoke, kitchen and other household odors. Also extends the life of the True HEPA filter.
- Ultimate pet pre-filter is the first line of defense against pet hair, dander, and large household particles
- Washable pre-filter extends the life of your filter by capturing pet hair and larger airborne particles
- Plasma wave technology Safely breaks apart odors, allergens, chemical vapors, and other pollutants at the molecular level
- AHAM Verified for 300 square feet capacity
- Material Type: Resin, Plastic
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
The next product in our list of best air purifiers for bird dander belongs to a well-reputed electronic brand; Honeywell. If you are looking for an air purifier, you may hear about Honeywell. Honeywell is a well-known company in manufacturing air purifiers.
Honeywell HPA 300 is their proud product. Its performance is amazing, and the price is affordable. It is the most hunted product of Honeywell. You can use it either for birds aviary or for the baby room.
Pros & Cons
- EXTRA-LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps provide cleaner, fresher air. Recommended for extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), HEPA Filtration helps capture up to 99.97% of microscopic airborne particles.
- HELPS REDUCE PARTICLES - This HEPA air purifier has 4 air cleaning levels including Turbo Clean. It helps capture the following microscopic airborne particles: pollen, pet dander, and smoke.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in Extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 4.8 times an hour.
- ALLERGEN PLUS SERIES – This Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier is part of our Allergen Plus series. This product earned the ENERGY STAR label by meeting strict energy efficient guidelines set by the U.S. EPA.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE PERFORMANCE – For best performance, use only Genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
Bissell Air is one of the leading companies in manufacturing house cleaning items. It has experience of about 140 years of in this field. These days Bissel air also introduced its air purifiers in the market.
Bissell air400 smart air purifier is one of the best air purifiers of this company and the best choice for birds owner. With an elegant design, better room coverage and satisfactory air purification performance Bissell air400 is a mid-range air purifier. Let’s check out the deep review of Bissell’s flagship air400.
Pros & Cons
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets
- 3 Stage Filtration. Includes a Pre-Filter, an Activated Carbon Filter and a HEPA Filter which captures 99.97% of 0.3 micron particles and smaller including pollen, dust, smoke, hair, and pet dander
- Honeycomb Structure Filter. Activated Carbon Filter has a unique honeycomb design filled with carbon pellets to better effectively gasses and VOCs as well as odors from cooking, pets, smoke, and more
- Automated CirQulate System. Utilizes a PM 2.5 sensor to monitor, report and respond to changes in your indoor air quality by adjusting fan speed as necessary
- Filters Included. Comes with one HEPA Filter + Pre-Filter and one Carbon Filter
- Accommodating size. Tested to the AHAM standard to have a Smoke CADR of 279 for rooms up to 432 sq. ft., making it great for bedrooms, living areas, basements, and dining rooms.
Whirlpool is a well-known brand in manufacturing home appliances. It has vast experience in this category. Whirlpool whispure air purifier WP500 (Formerly Named As AP51030K) is a nice brand in the air purifier line. It is one of the best units designed for medium to larger spaces.
The whirlpool AP51030K is an amazing air purifier with ultra-quiet operation and electronic controls. It is powerful enough to remove dust, smoke, pollen, pet hair from indoor air in your home or office. Let’s start the review of Whirlpool and see either this unit worth it or not.
Pros & Cons
- *Same as AP51030K except with improved control panel
- Reduces the amount of airborne germs/viruses by filtering and continuously cleaning airborne particles away from your space. This helps you and your family stay healthy during the flu season.
- User friendly electronic soft touch control
- Low/med/hi/turbo 4-fan speed
- Active Carbon pre-filter (8171434K)
- 99. 97% true filter (1183054K)
6.Austin Air HealthMate
When your Cockatiels are not cheeping, chirping as they used to, their respiratory systems might be compromised. You will need a powerful air purifier that works on all types of house pets. Austin Air HealthMate is a dated air cleaner that is been around for ages. Don’t let the age fool you though, its 5-stage filtration is nothing to scoff at. It comes with an outer mesh, inner pre-filter, medium filter, HEPA filter, and 15 lbs carbon filter. No dust, hair, bird dander, or germs would be too difficult to capture.
Austin Air HealthMate is not the best air purifier to start with as it is very expensive. The filtration and airflow performance depth will make up for the price tag. Not to mention the super low maintenance cost thanks to the long-life 5 years filter lifespan. If you don’t need all the autonomous purifying and fancy tech, this air purifier will suit you well.
Pros & Cons
- Everyday protection from indoor air pollutants with 4 stages of filtration
- Capable of trapping 99.97% of all polluting particulates down to 0.3 microns
- True medical grade HEPA filter removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 4 stage filter protects against a wide range of indoor air pollutants such as dust, pet dander, pollen, and gases
- Over 780 cubic inches of activated carbon and zeolite filtration removes chemicals, gases and odors
- 4 speed settings for fan; 360 degree intake system draws air into all sides of unit, passing air through a 4 stage filter
- Reduces coughing, wheezing, sneezing, dry mouth, runny nose, snoring, and helps you sleep better; reduces night time allergies and asthma attacks; strengthens the immune system.POWER RATING:120V & 135 Watts MAX
Best Air Purifier for Birds – Bird dander AKA bird dust, feather dust, parrot dandruff or wing dust is a by-product, white powder produced by the feathers closest to the skin. The sheath of a new feather is covered with fine keratin that will dry off as the feather grows.
The keratin will then break into powdery form. The function of the powder is to keep the bird’s feathers soft, silky and waterproof. Bird dander is more frequently released during molting periods and when birds preen. A simple flapping of the wings can spread the dust particles all over the room.