Best Air Purifier for Cat Hair – The Alen Breathesmart is an excellent choice. But, it’s doesn’t beat out the competition by a landslide. That’s why we included some other options. All of which will help you remove pet hair and dander from the air in your home. They will also help with other allergens (like pollen), remove stubborn odor, and dust.
If you want to remove pet hair from there are some purifiers that will help a lot. But, to be honest, you will need to do your part and clean up some of the pet hair that settles behind furniture or gets stuck on carpet. If you don’t it will eventually get kicked up into the air; of you’re lucky the purifier will snatch it before it settles. If not it will probably find another spot to rest until you stir t up again.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.Austin Air FR410B
- STAGE 1 – Large Particle Pre-filter. Removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)
- STAGE 2 – Medium Particle Pre-filter. Removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)
- STAGE 3 – Over 780 cubic inches of Activated Carbon, Specially Impregnated Carbon and Zeolite. Removes ammonias, pet odors and dander, chemicals, and gases
- STAGE 4 – 60 sq. ft. of True Medical Grade HEPA. Removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of all particles larger than 0.1 microns.
back to menu ↑
- The next generation of the wildly popular Winix 9500 Ultimate Pet Air Purifier
- True HEPA filtration captures 99. 97percent of airborne pollutants, pet dander and allergens as small as 0. 3 microns
- Washable Advanced Odor Control (AOCTM) Carbon Filter captures pet odors as well as smoke, kitchen and other household odors. Also extends the life of the True HEPA filter.
- Ultimate pet pre-filter is the first line of defense against pet hair, dander, and large household particles
- Washable pre-filter extends the life of your filter by capturing pet hair and larger airborne particles
- Plasma wave technology Safely breaks apart odors, allergens, chemical vapors, and other pollutants at the molecular level
- AHAM Verified for 300 square feet capacity
- Material Type: Resin, Plastic
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
back to menu ↑
3.Alen BreatheSmart FIT50
- COMPACT AND MIGHTY: Cleans 900 SqFt every 30 minutes at a whisper-quiet level. A compact workhorse fits in any space from bedrooms, living rooms, gyms, offices, nurseries, kitchens, basements, and open concept areas
- RECOMMENDED FOR: Dust, allergens, pollen, fur, pet dander, household odors PLUS smoke from cigarettes, cigars, cooking, wildfires, and VOC fumes from chemicals & aerosol sprays
- FF50-VOC FILTER: Has 3 lbs of activated carbon to absorb smoke and toxic smells to help prevent respiratory issues
- TRUE HEPA: Includes a Medical Grade H13 True HEPA layer that removes 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron. Includes a vacuumable prefilter to help increase filter life
- 3 AIR QUALITY COLORS: The power button changes colors as the sensor detects the particles in the air. Blue = Excellent air quality, Orange = Fair air quality, Red = Poor air quality (high levels of particles)
- AUTO MODE: Sensor will adjust the speed of the fan to clean the air more effectively when a higher number of particles are present
back to menu ↑
4.Blueair Blue Pure 211+
- Advanced Swedish Design: Swedish Filter Technology Captures 99% of Airborne Pollutants Like Viruses, Pollen, Dust, Pet Dander, Mold, Bacteria and More
- Eliminates odors. Activated carbon filter reduces gases, VOCs, and annoying odors from pets, smoking, cooking, wildfires and more
- Colorful. Includes machine washable fabric pre-filters in diva blue and dark shadow. Leave the mesh filter housing exposed for a Scandinavian look
- Quiet. No louder than a whisper on the lowest speed (31 decibel.) and equivalent to the noise level of rainfall on the highest setting (56 decibel.)
- Low energy consumption. Rated by energy star for low energy consumption (30–60 w). Energy consumption: 30 – 61 watts. Sound level-31 - 56 dB(A)
- Independently tested. Performance Certified by Aham to filter room air 5x an hour in medium to large bedrooms, living rooms and spaces up to 540 square feet
- EPA Establishment 90081-CHN-001
back to menu ↑
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- 3 Stage Filtration. Includes a fabric pre-filter, an activated carbon filter and a HEPA filter which captures 99.97% of 0.3 micron particles and smaller including pollen, dust, smoke, hair, and pet dander.
- Honeycomb-Structured Filter. Activated carbon filter captures gases and VOC’s including odors from pets, cooking, smoke, and other common household odors.
- Automated CirQulate System. Monitors and provides indoor air quality readings in real-time and adjusts to the appropriate fan speed.
- Peaceful Sleeping Environment. Whisper-quiet fan speed option and automated night mode make it the perfect addition for bedrooms.
- Integrated and Functional Design. Complements any living space with front panel filter access, convenient and discreet cord wrap, and intuitive controls.
- Accommodating size. Tested to the AHAM standard to have a Smoke CADR of 199 for rooms up to 308 sq. ft., making it great for bedrooms, living areas, basements, and dining rooms.
back to menu ↑
Now, while a good vacuum will help keep fur off the couch and floor, it won’t do much for the hair floating around your living room. Fortunately, with the help of the best air purifier for pet hair the air you breathe will be clean and fresh.
So before you go out and buy a purifier to pull animal hair from the atmosphere, there are a few things you should consider. First do you also want to remove dust, mold, and other pollutants from the air? If you do you’ll need a good HEPA filter. Second where are you going to put the purifier? If it’s in a laundry room near the litter box you’ll want something small. If you want to put it in a large room you’ll need something more powerful; but you’ll also want to think about where you’re going to place it.