Best Air Purifier for Cats – Once you are able to bring your cat home and begin to alter his environment to help his allergies, it may take a few weeks before you notice a difference. Your veterinarian may recommend other types of at-home care such as hypoallergenic bedding and frequent bathing and vacuuming.
If you are giving your cat antihistamines, it will be important to follow the directions on the prescription. Only use the medication that has been prescribed by your veterinarian. Never give your cat over the counter medications for human use.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans large spaces up to 1,600 sq ft in one hour, 840 sq ft in 30 minutes (CADR 380). Ideal for homes, apartments, bedrooms, living rooms, offices, schools, universities, classrooms, hospitals, restaurants, and other businesses.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of particles including odors, smoke, pet dander, dust, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 3 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a min noise level of 46dB and max of 66dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch screen operation panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B07MTQFFNT) lasts 3,000 hours or about 6 months.
back to menu ↑
2.Blueair Blue Pure 211+
- 3-Part Filtration System Captures 99% of Common Airborne PM 2.5 Pollutants Such As Allergens, Odors, Smoke, Mold Spores, Dust Mites and Pet Dander
- Activated carbon filter removes common odors caused by smoke, pets, cooking, dorm room smells and gases (VOCs) as well as smoke caused by wildfires.
- Two washable pre-filters come with each unit to capture large particles such as dust and pet hair and can be changed to match any décor. Dark blue and grey pre-filters are included and other colors can be purchased separately
- Quiet operation enabled by advanced filters that allow for a higher air flow at a lower noise level
- Designed for medium to large rooms between 400 and 600 square feet. (aham rated at 540 square feet.), this purifier is ideal for large bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms and offices
- Energy star rated for best in class energy performance. All filters are recyclable and suggested to be replaced every 6 months depending on use
back to menu ↑
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- 3 Stage Filtration. Includes a fabric pre-filter, an activated carbon filter and a HEPA filter which captures 99.97% of 0.3 micron particles and smaller including pollen, dust, smoke, hair, and pet dander.
- Honeycomb-Structured Filter. Activated carbon filter captures gases and VOC’s including odors from pets, cooking, smoke, and other common household odors.
- Automated CirQulate System. Monitors and provides indoor air quality readings in real-time and adjusts to the appropriate fan speed.
- Peaceful Sleeping Environment. Whisper-quiet fan speed option and automated night mode make it the perfect addition for bedrooms.
- Integrated and Functional Design. Complements any living space with front panel filter access, convenient and discreet cord wrap, and intuitive controls.
- Accommodating size. Tested to the AHAM standard to have a Smoke CADR of 199 for rooms up to 308 sq. ft., making it great for bedrooms, living areas, basements, and dining rooms.
back to menu ↑
- 3 quiet speeds
back to menu ↑
5.Coway Airmega 250
- Coway Airmega 250 room air purifier is designed to accommodate large room sizes up to 930 square feet and cleans the air at least two times per hour when used as recommended.
- Coway Airmega Max2 filter—combined activated carbon and Green True HEPA filter—captures and reduces up to 99.99% of 0.01 micron particles in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds by more than 99% and reduces fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO. Includes washable and permanent pre-filter to catch larger dust particles.
- Coway Airmega’s pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality testing in real-time. The brightly colored LED bar lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is, every minute of the day.
- Coway Airmega 250 has six fan modes: Smart, Sleep, Low, Medium, High, and Rapid. Noise level is nearly silent at lower speeds.
- Coway Airmega is a smart, energy efficient air purifier with a three-setting smart mode to adapt to its surroundings. Fan speed automatically adjusts based on the room’s air quality and lighting conditions to improve air quality.
- Coway Airmega 250's Rapid Mode is activated to circulate it, running at maximum power until it’s deemed clean when the air quality is in need of a boost . It’s a much-needed quick burst of fresh air in the form of high-energy circulation.
- Coway Airmega has a timer with 1, 4 and 8 hour settings, plus indicators for filter lifetime for both the washable pre-filter and Max2 filter.
- Coway Airmega 250 is Energy Star certified and max consumes 61 watts.
- Limited manufacture’s warranty covers any internal malfunctions for 1 year and motor and electronic parts for 5 years. Filters are excluded.
back to menu ↑
As you shop for an air purifier, you’ll want to select one that has the capacity for the size of room where you’ll be using it. You’ll also want to decide if you need any other features, like odor or temperature control. It’s also good to pay attention to how loud the machine is when it’s turned on.