Best Air Purifier for Cats – Once you are able to bring your cat home and begin to alter his environment to help his allergies, it may take a few weeks before you notice a difference. Your veterinarian may recommend other types of at-home care such as hypoallergenic bedding and frequent bathing and vacuuming.
If you are giving your cat antihistamines, it will be important to follow the directions on the prescription. Only use the medication that has been prescribed by your veterinarian. Never give your cat over the counter medications for human use.
Pros & Cons
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans up to 1,600 sq ft in one hr, 840 sq ft in 30 min, 430 sq ft in 15 min. [*Based on average CADR for pollen, smoke, and dust when operating at fan setting 3. Assumes closed room with 8 ft ceiling.] Perfect for large rooms.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 3 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a min noise level of 46dB and max of 66dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch screen operation panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B07LGDYV3C) lasts 3,000 hours or about 6 months.
Modern air purifiers work pretty solid, but now manufacturers are focusing on aesthetics more. The Medify MA-40 v2.0 Air Purifier comes from a Kickstarter company based in the USA called Medify Air, which launched a bunch of good-looking yet effective air purifiers in recent years.
Medify MA-40 v2.0 is the third-highest coverage air purifier from Medify’s floor standing air purifier lineup after MA-112 and MA-50 model. The unit comes with a 3-in-1 filter plus an optional ionizer. The back-to-front air delivery design with a CADR of 224 cfm is suitable for an average bedroom or even a living room.
2.Blueair Blue Pure 211+
Pros & Cons
- SIMPLE ONE-BUTTON CONTROL: Easily adjust fan as-needed with one button to ensure optimal air quality, including lowering fan speed at night for uninterrupted sleep
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair’s HEPASilent dual filtration delivers more clean air using less noise and energy than traditional HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 540sqft large room in about 12.5 min or up to 2592sqft XL space in 60min, on high
- ONE OF THE QUIESTEST AIR PURIFIERS: Quieter (31 dB) than whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (30W) than an incandescent lightbulb on low
- COMBAT ALLERGENS: Helps reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes over 99% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, bacteria and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps light household odors from smoking, pets and cooking
- AWARDED BEST AIR PURFIER: Award-winning, Swedish design compliments your aesthetic while seamlessly cleaning your air; Good Housekeeping – 10 Best Air Purifiers of 2021, Best Overall Air Purifier; Wirecutter Pick - The Best Air Purifier - 2019 - 2022
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR PERFORMANCE & SAFETY, ZERO OZONE: AHAM Verifide for CADR; Ozone Safety Standards Certified by CARB; Zero Ozone Verified (
Packing in more power than any of the other models we tested, the Blueair Pure 211 provides high-end cleaning performance to rooms of up to 525 square feet. However, with great power comes great responsibility, and in this case, by responsibility, we mean cost. It costs quite a bit upfront, and even more over its lifetime.
This was the highest lifetime cost we calculated by far and took the Blueair out of contention for our highest honors. However, it is incredibly capable, and if you don’t mind incurring extra costs to make sure you’re large living room gets effective air cleaning, this product will serve you well.
Pros & Cons
- 3-Stage Filtration for Simply Clean Air. Includes a fabric pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and an H13 HEPA filter to capture large and fine particles, home odors, odors from pet, and VOCs.
- Medical-grade HEPA Filter. Captures 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns and smaller when on lowest fan speed, helping to remove airborne allergens and irritants like dust, pet dander, pollen, and smoke like that from wildfires, cooking, and smoking.
- Honeycomb-Structured Carbon Filter. Filter contains thousands of activated carbon pellets engineered to capture gases, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and common household odors including odors from pets, cooking and smoke.
- Large Room Coverage and AHAM Certified. Filters 1582 sq. ft. with 1 air change/hour. Filters 791 sq. ft. with 2 air changes/hour. Filters 527 sq. ft. with 3 air changes/hour. Filters rooms 327 sq. ft. providing 4.8 air changes/hour.
- Low Energy and Library Quiet. Energy Star rated and equipped with 5 fan speeds the lowest of which is as quiet as a library.
- Automated CirQulate System. PM 2.5 particle sensor monitors and provides color-coded, indoor air quality readings and adjusts to the appropriate fan speed for continuous clean air.
- Commercial-Grade Performance. Brushless, digital DC motor and powerful XL fan pulls air in through the front of the air purifier and the 3 filters, releasing clean air out of the top vent.
- Easy Filter Maintenance. Filter change indicator will inform you when it’s time for new filters. Filters should be replaced approximately every six months. Only use genuine BISSELL Replacement Filters to ensure excellent performance. Search AMAZON ASIN: B09BP3JJDM.
If you are looking for a stylish and effective air purifier for your modern interior, Bissell Air320 could be a nice choice. It is a retro-looking air purifier, suitable for medium to large-sized rooms. The intuitive design with higher-grade filters with auto mode will effectively remove dust and odors from your room.
The latest model Bissell air320 2768A is currently the air purifier with the highest price tag in Bissell family. But with the premium design, it costs less than what you’d expect. It is in the new bundle, together with the Bissell air220, and let’s see if the new flagship is great or not in the Bissell air320 Review.
Pros & Cons
- 【POWER YOU CAN FEEL】The 42" Lasko Wind Curve Tower Household Fan produces air flow at 1143 ft./min to keep you cool all day and night; With 3 adjustable speeds and a remote control, this tower fan is perfect for large rooms, bedrooms, and offices.
- 【ICONIC BLADELESS DESIGN】The 42" Lasko Wind Curve Tower Fan has a slim and sturdy design fits beautifully into any home or office décor providing all-day cooling comfort. Portable and easy-to-assemble at only 15.5 lbs, this tower fan has a molded handle.
- 【OPTIMAL WIDESPREAD OSCILLATION】While other fans promote 90 degrees of oscillation, we designed the 42" Lasko Wind Curve Tower Fan with the perfect amount of oscillation, taking less time for the fan to oscillate, so you get to feel more of the breeze.
- 【AUTOMATIC TIMER + QUIET NIGHTTIME MODE】The 42" Lasko Wind Curve Tower Fan has a 7.5-hour timer for easy on/off during the day or night; A D31quiet nighttime setting automatically dims the LED and decreases speed so you can sleep peacefully and stay cool.
- 【DESIGNED IN THE USA】Designed and engineered in the USA; Backed by our 1-yr manufacturer’s warranty, Lasko has more than 115 years of American design and manufacturing experience building high-quality, ETL, reliable fans to keep you cool at home.
The Lasko 5775 is not the most phenomenal space heater that we’ve tested, but considering its total score compared to its price we think it’s a great choice for those shopping on a budget, earning it a Best Buy award. It does an exceptional job at heating so long as you are in close proximity to the unit, and we love that this model oscillates and has a timer.
This space heater wasn’t quite as powerful or efficient as some heaters in our review and it is missing a key feature or two that kept it from scoring an Editors’ Choice or Top Pick award. Overall, this is a fantastic choice if you’re looking for a model that does a decent job but won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
5.Coway Airmega 250
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 930 sq. ft. in 30 minutes
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor
- [Air Quality Indicator] 24/7 pollution monitor air quality throughout the day, adjusting purification to the necessary level and saving energy when it's not needed
- [Rapid Mode] When air quality is in need of a boost, Rapid Mode is activated to circulate at maximum power until your air is clean
- [Smart Mode] With its Smart Mode feature, the Airmega automatically adapts to its surroundings by adjusting fan speeds based on the room's air quality. That means your unit is energy efficient without compromising effectiveness
- [3-stage Manual Fan Speed] Control your Airmega's fan manually with low, medium, and high settings
- [Filter Alerts]The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced and the prefilters need to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify for 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy
- [Warranty] 3-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
What Dyson is to vacuums, Coway is to air purifiers. The Korea-based small home appliance brand without much brand name recognition is regularly churning out some of the best air purifiers on the market. Its latest, the Airmega 250, is one of its smallest units to date, yet it touts an impressive area of room coverage with an equally high effectiveness. Does it hold true? We found out.
Air purifiers often focus more on effectiveness than looks. Just look at Coway itself, and you’ll find that it didn’t take looks into account until last year — despite being around for over 30 years — when the brand launched the Airmega 150, a rectangular box with an inoffensive design, available in more colors than just black or white.
As you shop for an air purifier, you’ll want to select one that has the capacity for the size of room where you’ll be using it. You’ll also want to decide if you need any other features, like odor or temperature control. It’s also good to pay attention to how loud the machine is when it’s turned on.