Best Air Purifier for Chemical Sensitivity – We hope you enjoyed this guide on how to choose the best air purifier for chemicals.
As you learned, there are certain types of air filtration systems that are good for removing chemical vapors.
By choosing any one of the best chemical air purifiers reviewed here, you can rest assured that you’re getting a good quality air purifier for Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) that keeps the air around you healthier to breathe.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.Austin Air A450A1
- The Austin Air Healthmate Plus is highly efficient at removing wood burning smoke, formaldehyde and other dangerous VOC’s.
- Its broad-spectrum absorption offers the ultimate protection for people exposed to smoke from wildfires and those living close to busy highways.
- Excellent choice for people with sensitivity to certain chemicals and gases found in the home.
- First choice for people with pre-existing health concerns and people living in high particle and gas contaminated areas.
- The Austin Air Healthmate Plus eases headaches and reduces nausea related to chemical exposure. Helps reduce coughing, wheezing and sneezing. Reduces dry mouth and runny nose. Reduces night time allergies and asthma attacks. Reduces snoring and helps you sleep better. Strengthens the immune system.
back to menu ↑
2.NOMA Large Air Purifier
- AIR QUALITY INDICATOR: The air quality indicator ring will change color depending on the air quality found in your home. Blue indicates great air quality, pink indicates average air quality, and red indicates poor air quality
- TRUE HEPA AIR FILTRATION: Filters your air down to 0.3 microns with an additional washable pre-filter that assists in extending the performance and life of the True HEPA filter.
- IONIZER SWITCH: When the ionizer is turned on, voltage is applied to a series of built-in needles, creating negatively charged ions. These negative ions attach to positively charged particles which are more easily trapped by your air purifier.
- 3 SPEED SETTINGS: Three adjustable air purification speed settings are available. The lowest setting is extremely quiet and perfect for nighttime. You are also able to set three auto-shut off time modes of 2 hours, 4 hours, and 8 hours
- EASY TOUCH TECHNOLOGY: With “Secret-Until-Lit” technology the control panel lights are clear and bright when on and invisible when off, creating a beautiful streamlined design. The control panel lights are also dimmable for evenings and nighttime
back to menu ↑
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans large spaces up to 1,600 sq ft in one hour, 840 sq ft in 30 minutes (CADR 380). Ideal for homes, apartments, bedrooms, living rooms, offices, schools, universities, classrooms, hospitals, restaurants, and other businesses.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of particles including odors, smoke, pet dander, dust, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 3 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a min noise level of 46dB and max of 66dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch screen operation panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B07MTQFFNT) lasts 3,000 hours or about 6 months.
back to menu ↑
4.LEVOIT Air Purifier
- High Performance: Enjoy fresh air in 12 minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 refreshes the air 5x per hour in rooms as large as 219 ft² / 20 m²
- Find Relief: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- Multiple Filter Choices: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and VOCs. And if you’re a pet owner, try the Pet Allergy Filter to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors.
- Most Silent Air Cleaner: Choose Sleep Mode at night and then forget all about your air purifier while you sleep. QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise levels to a near-silent 24dB, ensuring the Core 300 won’t get in the way of a good night’s rest.
- Sleek Design: The Core 300 practically serves your home while blending in with your decor. Its award-winning design (Red Dot, 2020) and modern white finish help your air purifier fit anywhere in your home/bedroom/room.
- Undisturbed Operation: Display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter life time indicator for your convenience
- Full Certified for Safer: Energy Star Verified, Complies with California air resources board (CARB) for indoor cleaning devices. Also FCC certified, ETL listed, CA PROP 65 certified
- Ozone Free: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV/Ion light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
back to menu ↑
- Coway Airmega 400S is designed to accommodate large room sizes up to 1, 560 square feet and cleans the air at least two times per hour when used as recommended.
- Coway Airmega Max2 filter – combined activated carbon and True HEPA filter – captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces more than 99% of volatile organic compounds and reduces fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO. It also includes washable and permanent pre-filter to catch larger dust particles.
- Coway Airmega’s pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality testing in real-time. The brightly colored LED ring lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day.
- Coway Airmega has five fan modes: Smart, Sleep, Low, Medium and High. The noise level is nearly silent at lower speeds and the max noise it creates at the highest setting is 43. 2 dB.
- Smart mode with three settings, Coway Airmega smart air purifier adapts to its surroundings. Fan speed automatically adjusts based on the room's air quality and lighting conditions to improve air quality.
- Coway Airmega has a timer with 1, 2, 4 and 8-hour settings, plus indicators for filter lifetime for both the washable pre-filter and Max2 filter.
- Coway Airmega IoCare mobile application includes indoor and outdoor air quality monitoring, filter notification, speed, and smart mode control and scheduling. Coway Airmega also works with Alexa and Dash Replenishment.
- Coway Airmega 400S is Energy Star certified and consumes 64 watts.
- Limited manufacture’s covers any internal malfunctions for 1 year and motor and electronic parts for 5 years. Filters are excluded.
- Wattage: 66 W
back to menu ↑
Here’s a quick comparison chart showing the top air purifiers for chemicals. We’ll cover each aspect of these units in the reviews section below, but this gives you an idea of what’s available and an easy way to compare them.