Best Air Purifier for Copd Patients – Many people think that shortness of breath and other difficulties in breathing are an inevitable and even normal part of aging. However, in many cases, this is simply not true. Unfortunately, it is quite common for individuals to ignore signs that they may be experiencing a serious illness.
For instance, individuals experiencing shortness of breath or a chronic cough might ignore these symptoms because they do not realize they might be suffering from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). In fact, it is important to visit your doctor if you are experiencing any difficulty in breathing as this is not a normal part of aging.
COPD is a very serious disease that causes irreversible lung damage, and it should be noted that using an air purifier instead of seeking medical treatment is not an acceptable form of treatment. That said, using an air purifier in conjunction with proper medical treatment can help make the simple act of breathing a lot more tolerable.
To understand why an air purifier can provide relief for a person with COPD, it is important to first understand that healthy lungs are very efficient at filtering out airborne particles that regularly find their way into the respiratory system. Some common airborne particles that the lungs must address daily include pet dander, dust, and allergens. Pollen and chemicals are some other common particles that must be filtered out by the lungs so as to not interfere with breathing
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.Alen BreatheSmart 75i
- PURE AIR: Recommended for dust, dander, allergens, pet fur, & odors.
- TRUE HEPA FILTER: Includes a Medical Grade H13 True HEPA layer that removes 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron. Includes a prefilter that can be vacuumed to help increase filter life.
- 6 AIR QUALITY COLORS: A Laser Smart Sensor detects airborne particles and auto-adjusts with changes in your environment. Blue = Excellent, Green = Good (low levels of particles), Orange = Fair, Red = Poor, Purple = Bad air quality (high levels of particles). Watch the sensor change color in real-time as your air is being cleaned!
- QUIETLY POWERFUL: Cleans 1300 SqFt every 30 minutes and eliminates airborne pollutants fast. Perfectly tuned to generate soothing pink noise - a frequency to help you sleep up to 25% better. At bedtime, display lighting dims or darkens completely with one touch for a perfect sleeping environment.
- BUILT TO LAST: Precisely manufactured and backed by our Forever Guarantee. CARB Certified. Includes one B7-Pure True HEPA Filter.
back to menu ↑
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans large spaces up to 3,700 sq ft in one hour, 2,500 sq ft in 30 minutes (CADR 950). Ideal for homes, apartments, bedrooms, living rooms, offices, schools, universities, classrooms, hospitals, restaurants, and other businesses.
- DUAL HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of particles including odors, smoke, pet dander, dust, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 4 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a maximum noise level of 70 dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, optional ionizer, dust sensor, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, auto mode, PM2.5 indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B07MTQKJ14) lasts 3,000 hours or about 6 months.
back to menu ↑
- #1 Rated Room Air Purifier
- Professional-Grade Air Filtration: Filters particles 100x smaller than 0.3 microns, much smaller than a virus
- IQAir exclusive HyperHEPA filters trap ultrafine particles (down to 0.003 microns)
- Powerful filtration: covers a room size up to 1,125 sq ft (104.5 sq m)
- Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery. CARB EO # G-10-059. EPA Establishment # 97566-CHE-1
back to menu ↑
4.Blueair Blue Pure 411
- Blueair Combination Particle Carbon Replacement Filter compatible with Blue Pure 411, 411, MINI, and 411 Auto air purifiers
- Genuine Blueair replacement filter; Specifically designed to maintain premium performance over time and ensures your warranty remains intact
- Particle filter; Removes airborne particles such as pollen, pet dander, bacteria, mold, viruses, and dust from your indoor environment
- Activated carbon mesh; A layer of carbon mesh traps light household odors, smoke, chemicals, and volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- Recyclable, so the only thing you're adding back into the environment is clean air; Please check your local recycling facilities for availability
- We recommend replacing your filter about every 6 months when used 24 hours a day
back to menu ↑
5.Whirlpool WPPRO 2000
- [ Best in its Class ] — Cleans air in a 508 sq. ft. space. For allergy sufferers, best use in 508 sq. ft. space. CADR rated 328. This makes the Wppro2000 the most powerful air purifier in its class.
- [ Ideal for Allergen Removal ] — True HEPA filter captures 99. 97% of dust and allergens as small as . 3 microns such as household dust, pet dander, mold spores and plant pollen.
- [ Keeps the Air Clean ] — Reduces the amount of airborne germs/viruses by filtering and continuously cleaning airborne particles away from your space. This helps you and your family stay healthy during this flu season.
- [ Reduce Odors ] — Breathe freely as the active carbon filter reduces odors from pets, smoking, and cooking.
- [ Whispure Quiet ] — Features Quiet Partner System – the quietest high efficiency air purifier technology. Leave it running while you sleep or while you work. Perfect for the bedroom or the office.
back to menu ↑
For those that suffer from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, or COPD, you know how important it is to make sure the air you breathe is as clean as possible. However, not everyone with COPD understands how air purifiers can help to improve your COPD symptoms and the transformation it can make in your quality of life. With the ability to make a real difference for those that suffer from COPD, it can create a safe and livable environment in your home. Here are a few tips and reviews to help you find the best air purifier for COPD.
COPD is a term used to describe a group of progressive lung diseases, such as chronic bronchitis and emphysema. An individual with COPD suffers from a reduction in the flow of air to the lungs, making it hard to breathe. As COPD progresses, breathing becomes more painful over time. Some common symptoms include wheezing, a chronic cough, and shortness of breath. The damage caused by these progressive lung diseases is irreversible.