Best Air Purifier for Dog Dander – The easiest way of removing pet hair in the air is to set the air purifier at max speed and place it near your cat or dog. The strong airflow will quickly pull in surrounding air into the filter before anyone has a chance to breathing in. It can be very loud thus it is not possible to run it in the bedroom at night. So limit your pet activity space especially during night time. Also, pet hair is not microscopic, you don’t need a top-end air purifier or the best HEPA filter to get rid of pet hair.
Pros & Cons
- RECOMMENDED FOR: Dust, dander, allergens, pet fur, and odors. Perfect for large rooms, offices, schools, and open spaces.
- PURE FILTER: Standard filter that helps relieve allergy and asthma symptoms including runny nose, congestion, shortness of breath, and sneezing.
- TRUE HEPA: Includes a Medical Grade H13 True HEPA layer that captures 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron. True HEPA filters last 3-5 months longer than standard filters.
- AIR QUALITY SENSOR LIGHT: Blue = Excellent, Orange = Fair, Red = Bad air quality (high levels of particles). On "auto mode" the sensor will adjust the speed of the fan to clean the air more efficiently.
- PERFECT GIFT WITH A RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Alen air purifiers aim to maintain our community’s health and wellness with cleaner pure air. From back-to-school preparations for classrooms, doctor’s offices, hotels, casinos, bars, lounges, restaurants, and most importantly your home, our air purifiers offer air filtration to everyone. A great gift for smokers and pet owners who need to improve their indoor air quality caring for their loved ones.
But back to the price, you can imagine how Alen BreatheSmart costs when I compare it with the top-class air purifiers. For the standard bundle with White color, and HEPA-Pure air filter, the Alen BreatheSmart starts . The price is, again, more than the previous FIT50. However, it deserves the price for a much better performance as well as a broader air filter.
The Alen BreatheSmart is the ideal air purifier for anyone who relies on a long-term investment and isn’t satisfied with an average lifetime of 2 years for one air purifier. The warranty of Alen is truly superior, that defeats even the 5-year warranty from Rabbit Air, Honeywell or IQAir. It’s not cheap, but still far away from the price of the top luxury high-end devices.
Pros & Cons
- Pet Allergy Filter - The Pet Allergy Filter is specially engineered to trap and eliminate dander, germs and odors from your pet.
- BioGS HEPA filter traps airborne allergens and contaminants down to 0.3 microns in size, 99.97% of the time.
- Eliminates many common household odors, VOC's(volatile organic compounds) and household chemical smells.
- Long Life Filters - Lasts up to 2 years based on 12 hours daily operation. 8,700 hours of filter life (approximately 1 year of continuous operation).
- Includes all filters needed for replacement. Kit includes (1) Medium Filter, (2) Rabbit Air HEPA filter, (3) Customized Filter: Pet Allergy, (4) Activated Carbon Charcoal Filter.
After the pre-filter, you have the medium filter to remove particulate pollutants. The filter not only catches particles but also protects the main HEPA filter.
At the third stage, you have BioGS HEPA Filter. It traps pollutants 0.3 microns in size with a 99.97% efficiency. Unlike the traditional HEPA filter, the electrostatically-charged BioGS HEPA filter prevents any growth of microorganisms inside.
Pros & Cons
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans up to 660 sq ft in one hr, 330 sq ft in 30 min, 165 sq ft in 15 min. [*Based on average CADR for pollen, smoke, and dust when operating at fan setting 3. Assumes closed room with 8 ft ceiling.] Perfect for small rooms.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 3 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a min noise level of 35dB and max of 51dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets. Dual filters allow this compact unit to efficiently clean the air in any room.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B089CNBSW6) lasts 2,500 hours or about 3-4 months.
Air quality is getting worse and worse. According to the World Health Organization, 9 out of 10 people breathe air containing high levels of contaminants. Such pollutants include allergens, PM2.5, PM10, VOCs, and chemicals.
EPA recommends using an air purifier when source control is limited. Air purifiers have robust filtration systems that trap, remove, and even kill microorganisms. By cleaning the air in your home, you and your family can breathe fresh, clean air, day and night.
Pros & Cons
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- Product has no extra filters
You need to know that the pre-filter is permanent and washable. To get a better output, clean the pre-filter twice a month.
The second stage of the filtration system is the activated carbon filter. Made of activated carbon pellets, the filter helps to reduce household VOCs and odors.
The good news is, this honeycomb carbon filter is also washable. Winix suggests washing the carbon filter every 3 months and replace it after 12 months. Use tap water, and don’t use strong detergents or soaps. Dry the filter well before re-install.
Pros & Cons
- 3 Filtration Stages: Permanent HEPA grade filter captures dander & particles plus 2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters to target plus a pre filter for pet hair and larger particles
- High Performance Hepa Grade Filter: Captures 99 Percent of Pet Dander,, Pollen, and spores as Small as 3 Microns From the Air
- 2 Activated Carbon Zeolite Filters Help Reduce Unwanted Household From Pets, Smoke, and More
- Quiet and Powerful: Use Whisper Clean for Extra Quiet Operation at Night, the Medium Setting or the Quick Clean Setting for More Powerful Air Cleaning
- Easy to Clean: Permanent Hepa Grade Filter Can Be Vacuumed Clean; No Replacement Filters to Buy
Hamilton Beach set out to create a brew station and coffee maker that offers a level of flexibility to customize how and what you brew. The way they go about this is by providing a two-way brewing option.
This allows you to choose between brewing coffee from single-use pods or by using coffee grounds. This means you can choose which coffee you want and use the additional options to further customize and tailor your drink to your tastes.
Pet dander isn’t the only allergen that your dog or cat increases in your home. If they spend any time outdoors they may bring in pollen, along with dirt, germs, and untold grime from the streets. While a quick cleaning of their paws with a wet cloth can help, if you really want to keep your home—and the air you breathe—as clean as possible, an air purifier is the way to go.