Best Air Purifier for Dog Hair – The Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier is easy to use, effective and quiet, with all the features and functions you need from an air purifier; at a reasonable price compared to what you get.
It is perfect for large spaces, and the 4-stage filtration mechanisms remove airborne pollutants, hair, dander and all kinds of particles to make the air fresh and clean. It’s an excellent choice for any dog owner looking to remove pet hair from the indoor air.
Pros & Cons
The Winix 5500-2 turned in an almost unbeatable performance in our air cleaning tests, eliminating 99.99% of measured airborne particulates in the 150 square foot testing room over the course of an hour. It backs up this stellar cleaning performance with super-quiet operation, an easy-to-use interface, and reasonable operating costs.
Its list price is higher than that of many competing models, but if you can find this unit on sale, it’s both relatively budget-friendly and high-performing. Even if you can’t find it on sale, its stellar performance warrants the high list price.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 361 sq. ft. in 12.5 minutes or up to 874 sq. ft. in 30 minutes.
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor.
- [Auto Mode] Constantly monitoring the air quality, the fan automatically adjusts to most effectively purify your space as needed providing a new level of clean in real time.
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected.
- [3-Stage Manual Fan Speed] Control your AP-1512HH's fan manually with low, medium, and high settings.
- [Air Quality Indicator] Pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. Brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. You can turn off the light for sleeping.
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced, and the pre-filter needs to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed.
- [Ultra Quiet] Ultra quiet operation with noise levels ranging from 24 dB to 53 dB.
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy.
- [Warranty] 3-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Coway is the number one Korean brand for air purifiers not without a reason. With 30 years in this industry, this brand is a symbol to life-care service sector in Korea. They also are ranked 1st in Korea Consumer Electronics Market Share & Brand Awareness.
A well-known brand is always the first reason people look at when buying a product of technology. Coway AP-1512HH, in fact, meets every demand a person would need for their home air quality. Let’s find out in our Coway AP-1512HH Review.
3.Blueair Blue Pure 211+
Pros & Cons
- SIMPLE ONE-BUTTON CONTROL: Easily adjust fan as-needed with one button to ensure optimal air quality, including lowering fan speed at night for uninterrupted sleep
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair’s HEPASilent dual filtration delivers more clean air using less noise and energy than traditional HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 540sqft large room in about 12.5 min or up to 2592sqft XL space in 60min, on high
- ONE OF THE QUIESTEST AIR PURIFIERS: Quieter (31 dB) than whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (30W) than an incandescent lightbulb on low
- COMBAT ALLERGENS: Helps reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes over 99% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, bacteria and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps light household odors from smoking, pets and cooking
- MOST AWARDED AIR PURIFIER BRAND IN THE US: Blue Pure 211+ has won Good Housekeeping – 10 Best Air Purifiers of 2021, Best Overall Air Purifier; Wirecutter Pick - The Best Air Purifier - 2019 - 2022
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR PERFORMANCE & SAFETY, ZERO OZONE: AHAM Verifide for CADR; Ozone Safety Standards Certified by CARB; Zero Ozone Verified (
The Blue Pure 211+ air purifier is one of the most outstanding unit from Blueair, especially when it comes to handling the particulate contaminants in the air. The particle filter is a 46 square feet pleated filter made with Polypropylene, the same material used to make a HEPA filter.
The efficiency is 99% at 0.1-micron particle size, which is close to HEPA performance. This particle filter will be able to capture most of the airborne particulates like household dust, mold spores, airborne bacteria, and smoke particles.
4.Austin Air HealthMate
Pros & Cons
- Everyday protection from indoor air pollutants with 4 stages of filtration
- Capable of trapping 99.97% of all polluting particulates down to 0.3 microns
- True medical grade HEPA filter removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns and 4 stage filter protects against a wide range of indoor air pollutants such as dust, pet dander, pollen, and gases
- Over 780 cubic inches of activated carbon and zeolite filtration removes chemicals, gases and odors
- 3 speed settings for fan; 360 degree intake system draws air into all sides of unit, passing air through a 4 stage filter
- Reduces coughing, wheezing, sneezing, dry mouth, runny nose, snoring, and helps you sleep better; reduces night time allergies and asthma attacks; strengthens the immune system.POWER RATING:120V & 135 Watts MAX
That is why it’s suitable for people suffering from multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS). Also, if you are an active smoker and want to remove the lingering smells from tobacco or marijuana smoke, the filter will help you a lot.
The last filter is the medical-grade true HEPA filter. With an area of more than 60 square feet, the pleated HEPA filter can efficiently remove 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. For 0.1 micron particles, the efficiency is 95 percent. The particles include tobacco smoke, traffic pollutions, airborne bacteria, and viruses.
Pros & Cons
- 3 Filtration Stages: Permanent HEPA grade filter captures dander & particles plus 2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters to target plus a pre filter for pet hair and larger particles
- High Performance Hepa Grade Filter: Captures 99 Percent of Pet Dander,, Pollen, and spores as Small as 3 Microns From the Air
- 2 Activated Carbon Zeolite Filters Help Reduce Unwanted Household From Pets, Smoke, and More
- Quiet and Powerful: Use Whisper Clean for Extra Quiet Operation at Night, the Medium Setting or the Quick Clean Setting for More Powerful Air Cleaning
- Easy to Clean: Permanent Hepa Grade Filter Can Be Vacuumed Clean; No Replacement Filters to Buy
Measuring 13.9 by 8.0 by 12.9 inches (HWD), the Hamilton Beach Smart Coffee Maker (model 49350) has a compact design that doesn’t take up too much counter space. It features a front-fill basket and water reservoir, and a glass carafe that can hold up to 12 cups of coffee.
It offers two brew strength options (regular or bold) and has a simple display panel with a clock and five buttons including Manual On/Off, Brew Strength, Wi-Fi, Time, and Ready to Brew. For safety, the machine has an auto shutoff feature that automatically powers it off after two hours.
Here’s the deal: You may have done a complete cleaning, vacuuming, and wiping of your home or a thorough cleaning and bathing of your furry family member—it doesn’t matter: Every time your dog gets up and shakes itself, a huge amount of pet hair, dust, and dander are wafted in the air.
So even if you clean meticulously, if you own a pet, chances are there is plenty of hair, dander, and other small particles in the indoor air you breathe.