Best Air Purifier for Dogs – As you discovered, an air purifier is one of the top investments you can make as a pet owner.
Not only does it help reduce pet allergies, dander, hair, and odors, but it also creates an overall better home environment with fewer dust mites, allergens, mold spores, bacteria, etc.
Hopefully, this information has helped you understand more clearly why a home air purifier for pets is a great investment, as well as guide you on making the right decision on which product to choose.
The best air purifiers for pets listed above are your top options as a pet owner and should serve you well for a lifetime of use.
We hope you enjoyed our reviews of air purifiers with the best air filter for pets and found the tips on how to use them to be beneficial.
1.LEVOIT Air Purifier
Pros & Cons
- Neutralize Stinky Smells: Cute as they are, pets can smell sometimes. Now introducing Custom High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter - the effective odor eliminator for pet odors, litter box smells, and cooking smoke.
- Perfect for Pet Parents: Experiencing coughing, congestion, or breathing difficulties caused by pets. Levoit Core P350 provides H13 True HEPA Filtration to reduce sneezing, itchiness, and stuffy nose by purifying the air you breathe.
- Cleaner House: Did you know an air purifier can help you spend less time cleaning. It's possible with P350. The fine Non-Woven Fabric Pre-Filter traps large floating particles such as pet fur, hair, dust, and lint, helping to reduce the amount of debris on your floor and furniture.
- Sleep Safe & Sound: Don't ever worry about your furry friend being disturbed by the air purifier - Sleep Mode turns display indicators to half-brightness and keeps noise levels as low as 24dB, so you can sleep while cuddling with your cute little one.
- Safety First: Unlike other air purifiers, the Core P350 doesn't use ions to purify the air, keeping your pets safe from harmful exposure to certain particles.
- Pet Lock: Let your children and pets play freely while the Pet Lock prevents them from changing the settings—it’s worry-free family time.
- Powerful, In Many Ways: Large house with a lot of pets. No problem—the Core P350 can purify a 219 ft² room in just 12 minutes.
- We’ve Got Your Back: Levoit is full of people who love their pets, just like you do. Based in California and always innovating, we create products that care for our customers and their homes.
- How to Find Replacement Filters: Search for B087R7ZFPB or Core P350-RF to find the official Levoit True HEPA 3-Stage Pet Allergy Filter. Levoit replacement filters provide the best fit and filtration, while off-brand filters are unreliable and may damage the air purifier.
The company’s aim with the Levoit LV-H132 is to bring the famous True HEPA filter you would normally expect on high-end air purifiers to a cheaper device. It’s never going to be the same experience as buying a genuinely high-end air purifier, but it does allow you to get a taste of this verified True HEPA filter.
Also, as the prior of the shift in design for compact air purifier, there is still plenty of value in Levoit LV-H132. Whatever the competition, Levoit LV-H132 is still a great budget air purifier with True HEPA filter, for anyone buying this kind of device for the first time.
2.Coway Airmega 300
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 1,256 sq. ft. in 30 minutes.
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor.
- [Smart Mode] With its Smart Mode feature, the Airmega automatically adapts to its surroundings by adjusting fan speeds based on the room's air quality. That means your unit in energy efficient without compromising effectiveness.
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected.
- [Sleep Mode] When the Airmega's built-in pollution sensor detects that the air is clean for 3 minutes, Sleep Mode reduces the purifier's noise and power consumption.
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced and the prefilters need to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed.
- [Air Quality Indicator] 24/7 pollution monitor air quality throughout the day, adjusting purification to the necessary level and saving energy when it's not needed.
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify for 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy.
- [Warranty] 5-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
This is the “lowest” range model in its stable: Coway Airmega 300 air purifier. Let’s be clear, it is not cheap despite being the lowest range in its series. In return, 300 combines modern design and outstanding airflow delivery output.
The ideal choice for the majority of city folks that stays in a more polluted environment. Can the lower selling price still offer the competitiveness edge in its own group? Read about the air purifier review or compare it with other Airmega models.
Pros & Cons
- The next generation of the wildly popular Winix 9500 Ultimate Pet Air Purifier
- True HEPA filtration captures 99. 97percent of airborne pollutants, pet dander and allergens as small as 0. 3 microns
- Washable Advanced Odor Control (AOCTM) Carbon Filter captures pet odors as well as smoke, kitchen and other household odors. Also extends the life of the True HEPA filter.
- Ultimate pet pre-filter is the first line of defense against pet hair, dander, and large household particles
- Washable pre-filter extends the life of your filter by capturing pet hair and larger airborne particles
- Plasma wave technology Safely breaks apart odors, allergens, chemical vapors, and other pollutants at the molecular level
- AHAM Verified for 300 square feet capacity
- Material Type: Resin, Plastic
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
The Winix HR900 Ultimate Pet Air Purifier is one of the best air purifiers on the market, and its strong features set makes it a formidable cleaning tool for those who share their homes with furry friends. It may now be superseded by the Winix HR950 and Winix HR1000 air purifiers, but in terms of value, the cheaper Winix HR900 has both models licked.
An innovative design enable the Winix HR900 to pull in air for purification from the front and sides through a perforated grill – giving it a 360-degree intake around the front plate – before pushing the air back out through the top.
Pros & Cons
- EXTRA-LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps provide cleaner, fresher air. Recommended for extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), HEPA Filtration helps capture up to 99.97% of microscopic airborne particles.
- HELPS REDUCE PARTICLES - This HEPA air purifier has 4 air cleaning levels including Turbo Clean. It helps capture the following microscopic airborne particles: dirt, pollen, pet dander, and smoke.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in Extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 4.8 times an hour.
- ALLERGEN PLUS SERIES – This Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier is part of our Allergen Plus series. This product earned the ENERGY STAR label by meeting strict energy efficient guidelines set by the U.S. EPA.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE PERFORMANCE – For best performance, use only Genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
Honeywell HPA300 also has an activated carbon pre-filter to trap larger pollutants and adsorbing light odors. They include lint, pet dander, fibers, dust, and pet fur. By doing so, it protects the HEPA filter from being clogged up.
Besides capturing the large particles, it also captures odors and VOCs. However, this type of activated carbon filter is less effective than the granular or pelletized activated carbon filters. Don’t select the model if you need some active odor control in your room.
Pros & Cons
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans up to 1,600 sq ft in one hr, 840 sq ft in 30 min, 430 sq ft in 15 min. [*Based on average CADR for pollen, smoke, and dust when operating at fan setting 3. Assumes closed room with 8 ft ceiling.] Perfect for large rooms.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 3 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a min noise level of 46dB and max of 66dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch screen operation panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B07LGDYV3C) lasts 3,000 hours or about 6 months.
Modern air purifiers work pretty solid, but now manufacturers are focusing on aesthetics more. The Medify MA-40 v2.0 Air Purifier comes from a Kickstarter company based in the USA called Medify Air, which launched a bunch of good-looking yet effective air purifiers in recent years.
Medify MA-40 v2.0 is the third-highest coverage air purifier from Medify’s floor standing air purifier lineup after MA-112 and MA-50 model. The unit comes with a 3-in-1 filter plus an optional ionizer. The back-to-front air delivery design with a CADR of 224 cfm is suitable for an average bedroom or even a living room.
An air purifier can be useful for any pet owner—especially for cats and dogs.
But to be considered one of the best air purifiers for pets, it has to be powerful enough to clean the air of pet hair, dander, and odors; all of which you’ll find below.
Disclosure: Home Air Guides is reader-supported. As an Amazon associate and affiliate for independent brands, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links on our site.