Best Air Purifier for Dust Removal – Indoor air quality is more important than ever. Unfortunately, dusting and cleaning alone do not eliminate dust, which means you and your loved ones breathe contaminated air. This poses significant challenges for people who already have asthma, allergies, or a respiratory illness. A dust allergy can worsen your allergies or asthma. By breathing in house dust, residents may be breathing in contaminants such as dust mites and pet dander, which can be harmful to air passageways.
Dust is not only one of the most common household contaminants but can also be hard to eliminate. Even the cleanest of homes can still contain dust, even if the dust is not noticeably present on indoor objects like furniture.
1.LEVOIT Air Purifiers
The combination of value, performance and intelligent design impressed our engineering experts during our Seal evaluation process. In particular, the unit’s three-stage filtration, including HEPA, helps it capture even the smallest airborne pollutants in rooms up to approximately 400 square feet; a built-in precision laser sensor accurately monitors particles in the room and auto-adjusts fan speeds as needed.
The purifier is also incredibly quiet, operating at a whisper-quiet (literally!) 24db, which you’ll appreciate if it’s stationed in your bedroom; one of our staff testers has been running the unit for several months in her home and says the light hum is quite peaceful at night. Then there’s the smart capabilities, including the VeSynch app, which allows you to monitor real-time air quality, view filter life and set schedules.
Pros & Cons
- LARGE COVERAGE: The top-performing Levoit Core 400S Smart True HEPA Air Purifier can purify large rooms, such as bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens, and basements. Purify a 403 ft² room 5x per hour and a 990 ft² room 2x per hour
- 3-STAGE FILTRATION: Filtration includes a Pre-Filter, H13 True HEPA Filter, which traps viruses, bacteria, pollen,dust, and pet dander, and a Custom High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter that helps neutralize odors, cooking and wildfire smoke, and VOCs
- WHISPER-LEVEL QUIET: Keep the Core 400S running throughout the night, as Sleep Mode uses the lowest fan speed (24dB) to create a sleep-friendly space that’s as quiet as falling leave
- COMBAT ALLERGIES AND ASTHMA: Powerful air purification during allergy and wildfire seasons helps capture allergens that cause sneezing, congestion, breathing difficulties, and other symptoms
- VIEW AIR QUALITY: The laser dust sensor scans the surrounding air for airborne particles, continuously updating the PM2.5 display and creating graphs in the VeSync app so you can see how your air quality has improved
- HANDS-FREE VOICE COMMAND: Hands-free control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant allows you to control settings when your hands are full with cooking, caring for babies and children, or playing with pets
- SCHEDULE SETTINGS TO MATCH YOUR ROUTINE: Program the air purifier to use different modes and fan speeds at certain times, so you can have your week planned in advance. With scheduling, you never have to worry about forgetting to change your settings
- TRUSTWORTHY AND SAFE: The Core 400S is Energy Star and FCC certified, ETL listed, and a recipient of the German Design Award (2021) and iF Design Award (2021). Only use Levoit replacement filters (search B08SQQK6K7) for best results and product performance
Using a HEPA filter, this Dyson air purifier claims to clear up to 99.97% of airborne pollutants, including smoke from wildfires, as well as various odors and toxins. Our ease-of-use tests also found a bunch of family-friendly extras on the unit: unlike other fans, it has no accessible blades, so it’s safer for small hands.
There’s also a nighttime mode and a sleep timer as part of its 10 speed settings. You can use the Dyson app to deliver real-time air quality reports that also includes temperature and humidity.
Pros & Cons
- Dual Functionality: Purifies all year, cools you as a fan in summer; HEPA filter automatically removes 99.97 percent of allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns including pollen, dust, mold spores, bacteria and pet dander from your home; Now works with Amazon Alexa
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Second layer in filter contains activated carbon to capture household odors and volatile organic compounds like paint fumes, certified asthma and allergy friendly and awarded the quiet mark accreditation
- Automatically monitors and reacts; Dyson Link app provides real time air quality reports and allows you to remotely control your machine from your smartphone standard data and messaging rates may apply
- Features include night time mode, sleep timer, and an easy to clean aperture with no fast spinning blades so it’s safe for little fingers or paws
- Other features include oscillation, 10 airspeed settings and automatic shut off if machine is tipped over; and no fast spinning blades so it’s safe for little fingers or paws; Refer to the PDF attached below in technical specification for user manual
This air purifier from Honeywell, another established brand in the home comfort space, comes in five different sizes that target rooms ranging from small (75 square feet) to extra large (465 square feet).
This model, previously the brand’s largest, claims to clean the air as often as five times an hour and remove up to 99.97% of super tiny airborne particles (including viruses). Since it’s HEPA-certified, our testers found this air purifier to be a superb choice for allergy sufferers because it can remove fine particles and common allergens from the air.
Pros & Cons
- EXTRA-LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps provide cleaner, fresher air. Recommended for extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), HEPA Filtration helps capture up to 99.97% of microscopic airborne particles.
- HELPS REDUCE PARTICLES - This HEPA air purifier has 4 air cleaning levels including Turbo Clean. It helps capture the following microscopic airborne particles: pollen, pet dander, and smoke.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in Extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 4.8 times an hour.
- ALLERGEN PLUS SERIES – This Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier is part of our Allergen Plus series. This product earned the ENERGY STAR label by meeting strict energy efficient guidelines set by the U.S. EPA.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE PERFORMANCE – For best performance, use only Genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Coway Airmega AP-1216L
With an average 4.7-star rating across over more than 10,000 reviews, Amazon customers clearly love this air purifier. Its 4-stage filtration system includes a deodorization layer that’s tough on smells. We like that the model also has an LED light that constantly indicates how clean or dirty the air is.
It’s built to purify the air in up to 361 square feet. In usability tests, our testers gave points for the fact the unit offers various fan speeds, timers and modes to choose from (like an eco mode that claims to automatically save energy when it doesn’t detect air pollution for 30 minutes).
Pros & Cons
- Coway Airmega AP-1216L is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 330 sq. ft. (CADR of Dust 235 / Pollen 262 / Smoke 213 cb. ft. ).
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures and reduces up to 99. 97% of particles 0. 3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds and reduces odor.
- Pre-filter is washable and permanent, designed to catch larger dust particles.
- Pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. Brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. Also features a timer, plus an indicator for filter lifetime.
- Energy efficient air purifier with three manual fan speeds plus Auto mode. Auto mode automatically optimizes the fan speed based on the level of indoor air quality. When no pollution is detected for 30 minutes, the fan will automatically stop and enter Eco mode to save energy.
- The timer feature allows the machine to run 1/4/8 /12 hours before automatically powering off.
- Filter replacement indicator checks both Pre-filter and HEPA filter respectively to let users be aware of when to wash or replace the filter.
- Quiet operation with noise level range from 21 dB to 52 dB.
- Coway Airmega AP-1216L consumes 49. 3 watts.
- Limited manufacturer's warranty covers any internal/functional parts for 1 year and motor and electronic parts for 3 years. Filters are excluded.
You’re seeking for the best air purifier with a high CADR rating for dust removal and dust mite removal, right? That means you’re looking for a high-quality air filtration system with superior fan power, which can only be found in a high-end premium air purifier. As clear as a brilliant sky, Medify MA-112 is the best air purifier for dust removal we could recommend.
This air purifier offers an impressive air filtration system, and the internal core fan power is marketed as the highest CADR rated.
Pros & Cons
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans up to 5,000 sq ft in one hr, 2,500 sq ft in 30 min, 1,250 sq ft in 15 min. [*Based on average CADR for pollen, smoke, and dust when operating at fan setting 3. Assumes closed room with 8 ft ceiling.] Perfect for extra large rooms.
- DUAL HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 4 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a maximum noise level of 70 dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, optional ionizer, dust sensor, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, auto mode, PM2.5 pollution indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B07LFJMS2S) lasts 3,000 hours or about 6 months.
6.Coway Airmega 400
Glitzier, flashier and far more cheaper than the previous Austin Air HealthMate Plus, the AIRMEGA 400 sits at the top of Coway’s current AIRMEGA lineup, along with its Wi-Fi Enabled AIRMEGA 400S sibling.
As the flagship of the No.1 air purifier company in South Korea could offer, the AIRMEGA 400 is one of the best air purifiers for dust removal you could get at the moment.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 1,560 sq. ft. in 30 minutes
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Dynamic combination of a washable pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and Green True HEPA Filter effectively reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles in the air, including pollen, pollutants, and other allergens; It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor
- [Smart Mode] With its Smart Mode feature, the Airmega automatically adapts to its surroundings by adjusting fan speeds based on the room's air quality; That means your unit is energy efficient without compromising effectiveness
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected
- [Sleep Mode] When the Airmega's built-in light and pollution sensors detect that the room has been dark and the air is clean for 3 minutes, Sleep Mode reduces the purifier's noise and power consumption
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced and the prefilters need to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed
- [Air Quality Indicator] 24/7 pollution monitor air quality throughout the day, adjusting purification to the necessary level and saving energy when it's not needed
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify for 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy
- [Warranty] 5-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Sharp, being a leader in Japan’s electronics sector, is extremely well-known throughout Asia and Africa.
While we haven’t heard much from this brand about air purifiers, their products are among the finest in the mid-range sector. Let’s see whether Sharp’s most recent contender – the Sharp FP-A80UW can sway your judgment.
Pros & Cons
- [WORLD LEADING AIR PURIFIER BRAND] SHARP Plasmacluster air purifiers have been certified as “World’s Leading Air Purifier Brand” by Euromonitor International Limited. This claim is based on research conducted in May-September 2021 for Euromonitor’s Consumer Appliances 2022ed published on November 2021. A leading brand is defined as the top 3 brands by volume sales.
- [LARGE ROOMS] Effective up to 2,198 sq. ft. at one air change per hour, the FPA80UW will filter the air in the AHAM Suggested Room Size of 454 sq. ft. at 4.8 air changes per hour.
- [LONG LIFE FILTERS] Includes Activated Carbon Deodorizing Filter, and True HEPA Filter. True HEPA Filter May Last up-to 2 Years Depending on Environment.
- [3-FAN SPEEDS] Max, Med, Low Fan Speeds, Plus Quick Clean, and Auto. The Library Quiet Sleep setting as low as 23dBA is perfect for the bedroom.
- [LABORATORY TESTED CADR RATINGS BY AHAM] Smoke (293) / Dust (303) / Pollen (360).
Best Air Purifier for Dust Removal – Dust consists of dead skin flakes, dirt, dander, dust mites, food debris, insect body parts, and much more. Some dust particles are so small that they float in the air, while larger dust particles settle on the floor.
These types of particles can become very harmful for residents when they are inhaled. Ultimately, residents with allergies or asthma can experience unpleasant symptoms when exposed to dust in the air. Because house dust is often the culprit of many allergic or asthmatic reactions, we recommend using an air purifier to reduce dust in your home.