Best Air Purifier for Fire Smoke – Smoke can travel hundreds of miles from the source, so even if you live far away from a fire and are in no immediate danger, you could still have harmful smoke coming into your house. Using an air purifier helps, but there’s more you can do to keep your home as smoke-free as possible:
Pros & Cons
- RECOMMENDED FOR: Dust, dander, allergens, pet fur, and odors. Perfect for large rooms, offices, schools, and open spaces.
- PURE FILTER: Standard filter that helps relieve allergy and asthma symptoms including runny nose, congestion, shortness of breath, and sneezing.
- TRUE HEPA: Includes a Medical Grade H13 True HEPA layer that captures 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron. True HEPA filters last 3-5 months longer than standard filters.
- AIR QUALITY SENSOR LIGHT: Blue = Excellent, Orange = Fair, Red = Bad air quality (high levels of particles). On "auto mode" the sensor will adjust the speed of the fan to clean the air more efficiently.
- PERFECT GIFT WITH A RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Alen air purifiers aim to maintain our community’s health and wellness with cleaner pure air. From back-to-school preparations for classrooms, doctor’s offices, hotels, casinos, bars, lounges, restaurants, and most importantly your home, our air purifiers offer air filtration to everyone. A great gift for smokers and pet owners who need to improve their indoor air quality caring for their loved ones.
Alen is really good at releasing armfuls of confusingly-named air purifiers and essentially leaving us to work out the differences. The Alen BreatheSmart is one of those, slotting in between the Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 and Alen BreatheSmart 75i – the flagship.
Since the FIT50 range is Alen’s mid-tier offering, that places the Alen BreatheSmart in the middle of… the high. Let’s find out in our Alen BreatheSmart Review to see if the air purifier is unremarkable or not.
Pros & Cons
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- Product has no extra filters
Through the years, the battle in the low-range segment never show a slightest sign of down. More and more manufacturers have enrolled into the playground, with the famous names like Levoit, Winix, Coway and Honeywell. To keep a place in this market segment, Winix has launched Winix 5300-2 and 5500-2.
These two devices will guarantee one of the most progressive technologies within an affordable price tag.
The Korean brands always have the tradition to make several devices for people who can’t afford the flagship air purifiers. First Coway, then Winix also takes away some of the flashy extras, without all that much of a day-to-day compromise in this Winix 5500-2.
Pros & Cons
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans up to 1,600 sq ft in one hr, 840 sq ft in 30 min, 430 sq ft in 15 min. [*Based on average CADR for pollen, smoke, and dust when operating at fan setting 3. Assumes closed room with 8 ft ceiling.] Perfect for large rooms.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 3 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a min noise level of 46dB and max of 66dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch screen operation panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B07LGDYV3C) lasts 3,000 hours or about 6 months.
Medify MA-40 v2.0 is the third-highest coverage air purifier from Medify’s floor standing air purifier lineup after MA-112 and MA-50 model. The unit comes with a 3-in-1 filter plus an optional ionizer. The back-to-front air delivery design with a CADR of 224 cfm is suitable for an average bedroom or even a living room.
In this post, we review the Medify MA-40 v2.0 air purifier, its specs, top features, pros, and cons. We also give you some maintenance tips and answers to some FAQs on this air purifier.
4.Austin Air B450B1
Pros & Cons
- Specializes in the reduction of harmful chemicals, noxious gases, VOC’s, formaldehyde, and sub micron particles for individuals in the most contaminated of settings
- Broad spectrum adsorption offers protection for people exposed to smoke from wildfires, those living close to busy highways, and people with sensitivity to certain chemicals and gases found in the home
- True medical grade HEPA filter removes 99.97% of all particles larger than 0.3 microns; over 780 cubic inches of activated carbon impregnated with potassium iodide and zeolite filtration removes odors, gases and chemicals including formaldehyde and benzene
- 3 speed settings for fan; 360 degree intake system draws air into all sides of unit, passing air through a 4 stage filter
- Eases headaches and reduces nausea related to chemical exposure; helps reduce coughing, wheezing and sneezing, dry mouth, runny nose; reduces night time allergies and asthma attacks, snoring, and helps you sleep better; strengthens the immune system
The Austin Air HealthMate Plus is the top-sold air purifier of this brand. It is a simple mind trick, putting it aside the popular Austin Air HealthMate with a huge upgrade for a small extra, and how can you resist buying this definitely great air purifier? If you still consider, you need to read our Austin Air HealthMate Plus Review right now.
Do you know that the Austin Air is the only air purifier brand selected by the U.S government in lots of campaign to deal with the chemical weapons, gas leak and natural wildfire smoke events?
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 1,560 sq. ft. in 30 minutes
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor
- [APP and Voice Control] IoCare mobile app includes indoor and outdoor air quality monitoring, filter notification, scheduling, and speed and smart mode control. Coway Airmega also works with Amazon Alexa and Dash Replenishment
- [Smart Mode] With its Smart Mode feature, the Airmega automatically adapts to its surroundings by adjusting fan speeds based on the room's air quality. That means your unit is energy efficient without compromising effectiveness
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected
- [Sleep Mode] When the Airmega's built-in light and pollution sensors detect that the room has been dark and the air clean for 3 minutes, Sleep Mode reduces the purifier's noise and power consumption
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced and the prefilters need to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed
- [Air Quality Indicator] 24/7 pollution monitor air quality throughout the day, adjusting purification to the necessary level and saving energy when it's not needed
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify for 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy
- [Warranty] 5-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
There is one reason the Korean giant – Samsung is not successful at air purifier industry over the world, and that reason is this brand – Coway. With nearly 30 years in air purifier industry, Coway is a true symbol to life-care service sector in Korea.
AIRMEGA is the result of years of extensive research and development that Coway put this name aside their traditional air purifiers, so they can improve and develop it better. Now, because you are here, let’s see if we should consider this air purifier at home in this AIRMEGA 400S Review.
Every year raging wildfires create hazardous air-quality conditions across the U.S. As of late September, wildfires have burned more than 3.8 million acres across the country, including more than 2 million acres in California alone, according to the National Interagency Fire Center.