Best Air Purifier for Forest Fire Smoke – We hope this information about the health impacts of wildfires as well as how to protect yourself and choose the best air purifier for wildfire smoke has been valuable to you.
With the number of wildfires increasing each year and the season extending far past its usual cycle, it pays to invest in your health in any way that you can.
And using one of the best air purifiers for fire smoke is a simple way to do just that.
1.Blueair Blue Pure 211+
Pros & Cons
- SIMPLE ONE-BUTTON CONTROL: Easily adjust fan as-needed with one button to ensure optimal air quality, including lowering fan speed at night for uninterrupted sleep
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair’s HEPASilent dual filtration delivers more clean air using less noise and energy than traditional HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 540sqft large room in about 12.5 min or up to 2592sqft XL space in 60min, on high
- ONE OF THE QUIESTEST AIR PURIFIERS: Quieter (31 dB) than whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (30W) than an incandescent lightbulb on low
- COMBAT ALLERGENS: Helps reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes over 99% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, bacteria and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps light household odors from smoking, pets and cooking
- MOST AWARDED AIR PURIFIER BRAND IN THE US: Blue Pure 211+ has won Good Housekeeping – 10 Best Air Purifiers of 2021, Best Overall Air Purifier; Wirecutter Pick - The Best Air Purifier - 2019 - 2022
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR PERFORMANCE & SAFETY, ZERO OZONE: AHAM Verifide for CADR; Ozone Safety Standards Certified by CARB; Zero Ozone Verified (
The Blue Pure 211+ comes with a machine-washable fabric pre-filter available in multiple colors. The pre-filter helps to take care of the large contaminants. For example, hair, lints, and dust. This type of filter is easy to clean as you can vacuum or wash it. It’s recommended that you should wash the pre-filter occasionally.
The Blue Pure 211+ air purifier is one of the most outstanding unit from Blueair, especially when it comes to handling the particulate contaminants in the air. The particle filter is a 46 square feet pleated filter made with Polypropylene, the same material used to make a HEPA filter.
Pros & Cons
- Features an extra-deep carbon bed
- TarBarrier pre-filter to tackle tars, chemicals, and tobacco smoke
- Cleans up to 2,000 square feet
The Airpura could be the closest rival to the largest air purifier manufacturer in the U.S – the Austin Air. However, with the vast improvements upon the Central Air System, Airpura is more and more well-known, especially in the schools, offices and industrial factories. With our Airpura T600 Review, you will know about the top recommended air purifier of this brand.
The high-range market of air purifier is very different from other appliances and devices. The air purifiers representing in this segment are extremely capable of dealing with the variety of small particles. In exchange for the pure performance, these well-known brands usually ignore the flashy features.
Pros & Cons
- Unrivaled Performance: The HealthPro Plus is the #1 Rated room air purifier for homes, offices, schools, hospitals, industrial, and commercial sites. Has received more top reviews and awards than any other air purifier. Chosen by the Hong Kong Hospital Authority for both SARS-CoV-1 & SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Superior airflow with the 320-degree EvenFlow Diffuser efficiently filters all the air in large rooms and bedrooms numerous times an hour.
- Medical Grade H14 HyperHEPA Filter: Proven and certified by a third-party testing lab to remove and trap 99.995% of all airborne particles down to 0.003 microns, the HealthPro Plus supplies unequaled protection against bacteria, dust, mold, pollen, pet dander, smoke from wildfires, odors, harmful chemicals like formaldehyde, and more. True HEPA filtration.
- Long Lasting & Cost-Efficient Filters: Three different filters clean the air four different ways. Pre-filter traps coarse particles. Activated carbon adsorption and pelletized chemisorption filter odors and gasses. HyperHEPA traps fine and ultrafine particles. Long-lasting filters – 16 to18 months for the pre-filter, 2 years for the gas and odor filter, 3 years, 9 months to 4 years, 2 months for the HyperHEPA filter - helps save money over the air cleaner’s lifetime, and more eco-friendly.
- Energy Saving and Ultra-quiet Air Cleaner: The HealthPro Plus emits ultra-quiet, low-decibel sound across all four fan speeds. The fan-in-center design places the motor between sound-reducing filters. Doubled-walled housing limits sound. Rubber suspension pads isolate motor vibration from the air cleaner housing. EvenFlow Diffuser deflects sound back into the system. Powerful fan uses only as much electricity as a conventional light bulb, amounting to pennies per day to operate.
- Certified Performance: Each HealthPro Plus air purifier is made in Switzerland and individually tested for total system efficiency. If the system is not delivering 99.97% cleaner air or better, it does not get shipped. The results of the tests are detailed in a hand-signed Certificate of Performance. Every system comes with a 10-year limited warranty. Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery. CARB EO # G-10-059.
If you are looking for an air purifier to remove all kinds of air pollutants with long-lasting filters, then the IQAir HealthPro Plus might be a good fit. IQAir HealthPro Plus is effective against ultrafine particles, which float in the air for a long time. The medical-grade HyperHEPA filter can remove 99.5% of microparticles of 0.003 to 1.0 microns range.
Want to know more about the IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier?
In our IQAir HealthPro Plus review, we explore its features, pros, and cons. We also include a comparison among three HealthPro models and answer some common queries about this air purifier.
Pros & Cons
- LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Help make the air in your home cleaner with the Honeywell 50250-S HEPA Air Purifier. Recommended for large & extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), it helps capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.*
- HELPS REMOVE MICROSCOPIC PARTICLES AND MORE - This HEPA air purifier has 3 air cleaning levels. It can help remove particles like pet dander, pollen, dust, and smoke*. It can also help reduce certain bacteria, mold spores and viruses***.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION –Honeywell Air Purifier for home filters and circulates air in extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 5 times an hour – 120x per day. You can breathe easy knowing the air in your home is cleaner and has fewer allergens.
- #1 BRAND RECOMMENDED BY ALLERGISTS** – Honeywell Air Purifier, The Doctor’s Choice, is the #1 brand recommended by allergists. Backed with a 5-year warranty, Honeywell air purifiers are a trusted partner in the fight against airborne particles.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE – For best performance, use only genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
The Honeywell 50250 air purifier is a great choice for many of the most common concerns. It is a basic unit with no frills or added functions. It utilizes a basic knob for the speed controls and also offers a filter life timer.
The main advantages of this unit are its high airflow and low purchase cost. The drawbacks to this unit are its rather high noise levels and its high power consumption. This leads it to have a higher cost to operate than some other more expensive units.
Pros & Cons
- 3-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME - True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS - Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- QUIET OPERATION - The lowest setting can be used as gentle white noise at night for a quiet, restful sleep
To people with allergic conditions such as asthma, coping with polluted air can be quite a daunting challenge, but not when you have a good air purifier in the house. Air purifiers can immensely reduce the dirt, pet fur, and unpleasant odors in your home to a great extent, especially if you have the most suitable device for your home’s needs.
If you are often conscious about the air quality in your home and you already make efforts to reduce pollutants such as cigarette smoke and pet fur in your home, a good Germ Guardian air purifier could be all that you need next. Read the following GermGuardian air purifier reviews therefore and get to see which among the following models probably suit your home’s needs perfectly.
Do you want to protect yourself from the harmful effects that forest fires can have on your health?
If so, you’ve landed on the right page.
In this article, you’ll learn important information about wildfires as well as how an air purifier can help keep you safe.
You’ll also find out what the top features are to look for in the best air purifier for wildfire smoke so you can get a device that actually works.
By the end, you’ll have everything you need to keep the indoor air you breathe clean and free of forest fire smoke.