Best Air Purifier for Formaldehyde – Picking the best air purifier for formaldehyde and VOCs can be a little bit tricky if you are a first-time purchaser. There are less known VOCs air purifiers in the market compared with a HEPA air purifier. To help you choose the already limited option out there, here are some of the features you should look into when purchasing an air purifier for chemicals.
We hope you enjoyed this guide on how to choose the best air purifier for VOCs and formaldehyde.
As you learned, there are two main types of air filtration technologies that can meet the demands of airborne gases and chemicals: Activated Carbon and PECO technology.
By choosing any one of the best air purifiers for VOC removal reviewed here, you can rest assured that you’re getting a good quality air purifier that keeps the air around you clean to breathe.back to menu ↑
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- Product has no extra filters
back to menu ↑
- High Performance: Enjoy fresh air in 12 minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 refreshes the air 5x per hour in rooms as large as 219 ft² / 20 m²
- Find Relief: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- Multiple Filter Choices: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and VOCs. And if you’re a pet owner, try the Pet Allergy Filter to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors.
- Most Silent Air Cleaner: Choose Sleep Mode at night and then forget all about your air purifier while you sleep. QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise levels to a near-silent 24dB, ensuring the Core 300 won’t get in the way of a good night’s rest.
- Sleek Design: The Core 300 practically serves your home while blending in with your decor. Its award-winning design (Red Dot, 2020) and modern white finish help your air purifier fit anywhere in your home/bedroom/room.
- Undisturbed Operation: Display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter life time indicator for your convenience
- Full Certified for Safer: Energy Star Verified, Complies with California air resources board (CARB) for indoor cleaning devices. Also FCC certified, ETL listed, CA PROP 65 certified
- Ozone Free: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV/Ion light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
back to menu ↑
- ✔️ REMOVES 99. 97% OF PARTICLES: This air filtration system contains a pre-filter, HEPA-13 filter, active carbon and cold catalyst filters that work together to remove 99. 97% of particles as small as 0.1 micron such as dust, odors, smoke, VOC, pollen pet dander odors and the list goes on!
- ✔️ EFFECTIVE IN ROOMS UP TO 500-SQ-FT IN SIZE: Proven to refresh air in just 10-minutes, this air purifier can clean air in the rooms up to 500-square-feet in size. 2 wireless remote controls included for convenient control.
- ✔️ AIR QUALITY MONITOR: The LEMARC Air Purifier can read the air quality and temperature in the surrounding room using a i-Sense detection system and showing it on display in real time. OZONE FREE.
- ✔️HEPA-13 MEDICAL GRADE FILTER: HEPA-13 filter pass up 0.03% of 0.1 micron particles per liter of air. With smart response technology, the air cleaning system works according to the quality of the room’s air. CARB Certified.
- ✔️3 YEARS WARRANTY: US based fast-responsive support. 3-years warranty included with this LEMARC air purifier. We recommend replacing the air filter every 6 to 8 months. Only original replacement filter can guarantee performance. To order replacement filter please search on Amazon for (B083DBC3KV). Please remove the plastic air filter bag before starting the air purifier.
back to menu ↑
4.Blueair Blue Pure 411
- Third-party tested for performance by the AHAM Verifide Program for a Clean Air Delivery Rate of Smoke 123, Pollen 96, Dust 107
- Recommended for small rooms; Completely filters air in a nursery, guest bedroom, or home office about every 12 mins (5x an hour at 190 square feet) on high
- Intuitive Auto mode; Automatically adjusts to real-time conditions reported by the particle sensor to maintain a comfortable home environment
- Combination filter; Carbon traps light odors; HEPASilent technology removes 99.97% of airborne particles down to 0.1 micron, like pollen, dust, and viruses⁰
- Low noise and energy; Quieter than a soft whisper on low speed (18-48 dB) and Energy Star rated to consume less energy than an LED lightbulb (2-10 W)
- Customize freely; Washable fabric pre-filter in Arctic Trail (gray) included; Additional pre-filter colors inspired by Scandinavian nature sold separately
- Regulatory Model Number 3231101000
back to menu ↑
- #1 Rated room air purifier for multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) & tobacco smoke
- Proven medical-grade air filtration: 100x more effective than HEPA air purifiers
- Only IQAir’s exclusive HyperHEPA filters stop ultrafine particles (down to 0.003 microns)
- Powerful filtration: covers a room size up to 1,125 sq ft (104.5 sq m)
- Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery.
back to menu ↑
- Molekule Air uses Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) nanotechnology to destroy viruses, VOCs, allergens, bacteria & mold.
- Designed for large rooms up to 600 sq. ft. Ideal for master bedrooms, living rooms & family rooms.
- Smart & Connected – Molekule Air is easy to control using its touch-screen display. For added convenience, you can connect it to your WiFi and control it remotely using the iPhone or Android app.
- Clean Design – Made from machined aluminum, Molekule Air is beautifully designed to fit seamlessly into your home.
- Portable – With its natural leather handle, Molekule Air can be easily carried and placed anywhere in the home.
- No ozone. No worries. – Not only does Molekule Air not emit ozone, it destroys it.
- Molekule PECO-Filters purify air thanks to a proprietary coating. Only Molekule-branded filters are warrantied for use with Molekule air purifiers.
- Recommended PECO-Filter replacement for average use: every 6 months. Recommended Pre-Filter replacement for average use: every 3 months. Automatic filter refill delivery available. See manufacturer's website. Includes a 6-month filter pack containing 1 PECO-Filter & 2 Pre-Filters.
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric /Voltage: 110 Volts
back to menu ↑
- True HEPA replacement filter for Philips Air Purifier Series 1000 and 1000i
- Captures up to 99.7% of particles that pass through the filter as small as 0.3 microns - the size of most common airborne allergens, particles, bacteria and viruses
- Also removes ultrafine particles as small as 20 nanometers or 0.02 microns - 2500 times smaller than a human hair - from the air that passes through the filter
- Needs to be replaced approximately every 12 months, based on an average usage of 12 hours per day
- This is a Philips replacement part for model number FY1410/40
back to menu ↑
- HealthMate Air Purifier Color: Black
back to menu ↑
- HEPA air purifier from Honeywell: Recommended for x-large rooms (465 square feet) this air purifier helps capture up to 99. 97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, like pet dander, pollen, dust, mold & smoke. Also helps capture certain germs & odors.
- Reduce allergens: Do you or your kids have allergies? Do you have pets, or live with a smoker? Using an air purifier that helps remove allergens from the air may help you breathe easier, so you can enjoy sleeping & relaxing more comfortably in your home. Uses pre-filter HRF-AP1 and True HEPA filter HRF-R3
- Filter and circulates air 5 times an hour: Honeywell air purifier filter and circulate air in the stated room size up to 5 times an hour, so you can relax and breathe easy, knowing the air in your home is fresher, cleaner, and contains fewer allergens.
- Honeywell air purifiers: Use Certified HEPA filters in your air purifier to remove allergens, dust & other particles from your air. If you have allergies or pets, air purifiers don't just freshen air, but remove airborne particles to improve air quality.
- Honeywell quality: Improve your air quality with Honeywell air cleaners, odor reducers, and air purifiers.
back to menu ↑
- Purify Your Air – Protect your family from home air pollutants like dust, pollen, pet dander, pet hair, odors, smoke, and VOC’s. Our 5-in-1 true HEPA air purifier captures particles you can’t see, filtering 99.97% of pollutants as small as 0.3 microns.
- Breathe Easier – Nothing feels better than breathing clean air. Read our 9,000+ reviews and see just how much our air purifier has helped with common allergy symptoms like sneezing, coughing, and irritated eyes.
- Remove Odors, Smoke, & VOC's – Both an air cleaner and odor eliminator, our air purifier features a unique honeycomb activated-carbon filter that absorbs odors, smoke, and VOC’s. Ozone-safe and fully approved by CARB, an anion generator can be separately turned on to target the most stubborn odors like litter boxes, cigarettes, and old homes.
- Smart Air Purifier – In AUTO mode, a smart air quality sensor detects pollutants in your air, making adjustments to the fan speed in real-time. A digital display on the unit reveals your air quality level, so you always know what you’re breathing.
- What You Get – Smart air purifier, 4-in-1 true HEPA filter set, remote control, manual, 2-year warranty, award-winning customer support 7 days a week, and the peace of mind that comes from a trusted American brand.
back to menu ↑
Best Air Purifier for Formaldehyde – BUYER’S GUIDE
The size of the purification device is a significant factor to consider. Small units, although portable, can be moved around quickly, but they don’t have enough capacity most of the time to counter formaldehyde in the home. If your home is fairly large, you shouldn’t consider buying a small unit because it won’t even purify the air in one room properly let alone when you have a formaldehyde odor problem.
- Noise level:
The level of noise that the device produces should be considered for the sake of comfort in the home. It should be at a low level for maximum enjoyment and benefits especially at nights when the sound could hinder sleep.
- Cost efficient:
Some devices are cost-efficient and save energy in the home during usage. This can help you save a few hundred dollars on your energy bill in the process. A cost-efficient unit will allow you to stay healthy, protect yourself, ease your bills along the way.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should I run an air purifier for VOC and formaldehyde removal?
Most purifiers come with a Smart mode, which means the machine will determine when to kick on and off based on the current air quality. However, it’s important to keep in mind that removing VOCs is much more complicated than removing pet dander and other pollutants, so the purifier typically needs to run for a while for complete VOC/formaldehyde removal.
What are the best ways to improving the air quality inside the home?
The first step is investing in an air purifier, but there’s more that you can be doing for cleaner air. Here are a few of the simplest ways to improve your home’s air quality:
- Change out your AC filter
- Use your cooking vents, especially when cooking with oils/fats
- Get your rugs and carpets professionally cleaned
- Keep your home at the ideal humidity
- Buy plants for inside the house (this is a great decorative tip, too!)
How long do these air purifiers last?
It depends on how often you use it and how well you treat it. But as long as you keep up with maintenance and filter replacements, your air purifier could potentially last for decades. Filters, on the other hand, typically only last a maximum of 1 year (but more realistically 3-6 months).
Are you concerned about the level of toxic chemicals in your indoor air?
Are you looking for the best air purifier for VOCs and formaldehyde to get rid of these unhealthy pollutants?
If so, you’ve landed on the right page.
Below you’ll find the most in-depth guide and expert reviews on air purifiers that are designed to remove VOCs and formaldehyde gases.