Best Air Purifier for Large Rooms – When I was choosing an air purifier for my house, I felt overwhelmed by the number of models and types of air purifiers available. To be honest, I had no idea what suited my needs best and what type of device would do a solid job without destroying my budget.
After hours of research, I found these factors crucial in selecting the best air purifier for large rooms for your needs.
All of the products are quality devices that will help you get rid of indoor pollutants, but the one device that clearly stands above others is the IQAir HealthPro Plus, it is by far the best large room air purifier with the most advanced HyperHEPA filter that will eliminate an amazing 99.5% of pollutants larger 0.003 microns.
The filters are extra durable and need changing anywhere from 18 to 48 months. You will need to change filters on other devices at least 3-4 times in that timespan, so it’s important to consider maintenance costs.back to menu ↑
1.Blueair Blue Pure
- Advanced Swedish Design: Swedish Filter Technology Captures 99% of Airborne Pollutants Like Viruses, Pollen, Dust, Pet Dander, Mold, Bacteria and More
- Eliminates odors. Activated carbon filter reduces gases, VOCs, and annoying odors from pets, smoking, cooking, wildfires and more
- Colorful. Includes machine washable fabric pre-filters in diva blue and dark shadow. Leave the mesh filter housing exposed for a Scandinavian look
- Quiet. No louder than a whisper on the lowest speed (31 decibel.) and equivalent to the noise level of rainfall on the highest setting (56 decibel.)
- Low energy consumption. Rated by energy star for low energy consumption (30–60 w). Energy consumption: 30 – 61 watts. Sound level-31 - 56 dB(A)
- Independently tested. Performance Certified by Aham to filter room air 5x an hour in medium to large bedrooms, living rooms and spaces up to 540 square feet
- EPA Establishment 90081-CHN-001
back to menu ↑
2.LEVOIT Air Purifier
- High Performance: Enjoy fresh air in 12 minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 refreshes the air 5x per hour in rooms as large as 219 ft² / 20 m²
- Find Relief: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- Multiple Filter Choices: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and VOCs. And if you’re a pet owner, try the Pet Allergy Filter to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors.
- Most Silent Air Cleaner: Choose Sleep Mode at night and then forget all about your air purifier while you sleep. QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise levels to a near-silent 24dB, ensuring the Core 300 won’t get in the way of a good night’s rest.
- Sleek Design: The Core 300 practically serves your home while blending in with your decor. Its award-winning design (Red Dot, 2020) and modern white finish help your air purifier fit anywhere in your home/bedroom/room.
- Undisturbed Operation: Display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter life time indicator for your convenience
- Full Certified for Safer: Energy Star Verified, Complies with California air resources board (CARB) for indoor cleaning devices. Also FCC certified, ETL listed, CA PROP 65 certified
- Ozone Free: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV/Ion light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
back to menu ↑
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Coway Airmega AP-1512HH's 1-Year replacement filter pack.
- A package includes 1-set: 1 HEPA filter and 2 carbon filters for odor control.
- HEPA Filtration: Designed to capture 99.97% of airborne allergens as small as 0.3 microns in size.
- Odor Eliminator: 2 carbon pre-filters are designed to eliminate bad odors and harmful gases from the air.
back to menu ↑
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- Product has no extra filters
back to menu ↑
- Genuine Winix brand replacement for the Winix 5500-2 air Purifier
- Includes a 99. 97Percent efficient true HEPA, capturing particles to 0. 3microns
- With an advanced odor control aoc Carbon filter for blocking VOCs, fumes and odors
- Winix original filter providing correct airflow
- Filters last ONE YEAR! Change filters when check filter indicator turns on.
back to menu ↑
- #1 Rated room air purifier for multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) & tobacco smoke
- Proven medical-grade air filtration: 100x more effective than HEPA air purifiers
- Only IQAir’s exclusive HyperHEPA filters stop ultrafine particles (down to 0.003 microns)
- Powerful filtration: covers a room size up to 1,125 sq ft (104.5 sq m)
- Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery.
back to menu ↑
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans small spaces up to 660 sq ft in one hour, 330 sq ft in 30 minutes (CADR 150). Ideal for homes, apartments, bedrooms, living rooms, offices, schools, universities, classrooms, hospitals, restaurants, and other businesses.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of particles including odors, smoke, pet dander, dust, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 3 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a min noise level of 35dB and max of 51dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets. Dual filters allow this compact unit to efficiently clean the air in any room.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B089CNPW7D) lasts 2,500 hours or about 3-4 months.
back to menu ↑
8.MOOKA Air Purifier
- MOOKA B-D02L AIR PURIFIER FOR LARGE ROOM - With the high-efficiency filtration system, the air purifier covers an area up to 430ft²(40m²). 6 air changes per hour in 215ft², 3 air changes per hour in 430ft². Modern design fits in any space from small to large rooms, bedrooms, living rooms, offices, nurseries, kitchens and basements. Perfect for pet owners, allergics, babies, children, the elderly, or anyone wanting to improve the air quality.
- H13 TRUE HEPA AIR PURIFIER – The pre-filter, H13 true HEPA filter and high-efficiency activated carbon filter capture allergens, pet hair, dander, smoke, mold, odor, and large dust particles, in addition to removing 99.97% of airborne contaminants as small as 0.3 microns. Powerful efficient Air filter cleaner prevents respiratory problems, allergic reactions, and asthma.
- ULTRA-QUIET, ENERGY-SAVING & SAFE - Thanks to the new brushless motor, the 20dB noise level is almost voiceless. It cleans your air, doesn't affect your work, study or sleep. Running in low power makes it extremely energy-saving. Child lock prevents error operations caused by pets or children. The replacement filter should be replaced every 3-6 months depending on the environment and usage frequency (Search for B08PK4WM4W).
- 4 TIMER SETTINGS, 4 FAN MODES, AND NIGHT LIGHT – 4 timer options (1H/2H/4H/8H) allow you set the air purifier operating time. Adjust the required fan speed mode (Sleep/Low/Med/High) to capture as much air pollutants as required. Soft night light, that prevents falls, can be turned off to enjoy the perfect dreaming. Press the top power button for 3 seconds to turn ON/OFF the night light when the machine is running.
- WORRY-FREE FOR LONG USE - We love our customers and take pride in providing a pleasant shopping experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We will do our best to resolve your problem quickly and effectively. Tips: Please remove the new filter plastic bag before running the air purifier.
back to menu ↑
- MEDIUM ROOM AIR PURIFIER – The Honeywell HPA100 HEPA Air Purifier helps to make the air you breathe cleaner. Recommended for medium rooms (155 sq. feet), it helps capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.*
- HELPS REDUCE ALLERGENS & CERTAIN GERMS - This HEPA air purifier has 4 air cleaning levels, and helps capture particles like pet dander, pollen, dust and smoke*. It reduces up to 99.9% of certain airborne viruses, bacteria and mold spores ***.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA100 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in medium 155 sq. ft. rooms up to 5 times an hour – 120x per day. You can breathe easy knowing the air in your home is cleaner with fewer allergens.
- #1 BRAND RECOMMENDED BY ALLERGISTS** – Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier, The Doctor’s Choice, is the #1 brand recommended by allergists. Backed with a 5-year warranty, Honeywell air purifiers are a trusted partner in the fight against airborne particles.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE PERFORMANCE – For best performance, use only Genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
back to menu ↑
- COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER: Uses the power of ultrasonic vibration to turn water into a cool hydrating mist that runs for up to 12 hours. Mist adjuster goes from gentle mist to tropical rainforest with a twist of the knob. The water tank is BPA free
- DIFFUSER: Add Breath Frida Vapor Drops or any aromatherapy-grade essential oil for easier breathing - it covers up to 320 square feet with a 0.5 gallon tank.
- COLOR CHANGING NIGHTLIGHT: Equipped with a range of nightlight colors for even more control over the dreamy ambiance.
- AUTO-STOP FEATURE: Designed to automatically turn off when the water runs out or the tank is removed.
- 3-IN-1: Use humidifier, diffuser and nightlight all together, or individually.
back to menu ↑
Best Air Purifier for Large Rooms – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
Type of Best Large Room Air Purifier
This should always be the starting point in your decision. What kind of pollutants are present in your home? Does your house suffer from odors? Are you worried about pollution from nearby industrial facilities? By identifying the type of pollutant that is affecting your air quality, you can decide what the type of air purifier technology you need.
Most large households will do just fine with a HEPA filter air purifier that will eliminate 99.97% particles up to 0.3 microns, but if your house is full of strange odors and gases, you might need an air purifier with an activated carbon filter.back to menu ↑
True HEPA filter vs HEPA-like and HEPA-type Best Large Room Options
This is a trap you have to avoid. True HEPA filters meet the previously mentioned criteria and have lab certification. Manufacturers sometimes use sales language for their devices, promoting HEPA-like and HEPA-type filters that have no certification. Stay away from those devices.back to menu ↑
Room Size and Capacity – Air Purifiers Coverage Area
The room size you are trying to purify plays a key role in choosing the best air purifiers for your needs. Most air purifiers are rated for room size in square feet (for example, 900 square feet.) Make sure to get the right device for your needs.
The capacity of air purifiers is measured in air changes an hour. The higher the number of air changes an hour, the bigger the capacity the device has. Bear in mind that this only takes into account the rate at which all the air makes its way through the air purifier and does not reflect the efficiency of purification.back to menu ↑
Best Air Purifiers CADR Rating Review
Because air changes an hour do not take into account the efficiency of air filters in the air purifiers, a CADR rating is a compound rating that solves this issue. CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) takes into account the following:
- Air recirculation rate of the air purifiers in CFM (cubic feet per minute)
- The efficiency of the air purifier (as a percentage)
The CADR rating is a number given by multiplying a CFM capacity of the device and the efficiency of air filtration. For example, a 400 CFM device with a filtration system of 80% efficiency will give a 320 CADR rating. A 300 CADR rating is the bare minimum you should consider for your home. Anything above 350 CADR is a great unit.back to menu ↑
Air Purifier Features
Many air purifiers have other handy features, so think about which features fit your needs. Do you need an air purifier that supports smart home features? Would you like to use your smartphone to adjust its operation? Are energy savings (3) a priority for you? How sensitive are you when it comes to noise?
Each device will have its pros and cons, so make sure that you purchase one that has the features that are important to you and fit the needs of your home.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Large Room Air Purifier?
As we have seen, there are many valid choices with the best one being the Alen BreatheSmart 75i. It’s a perfectly balanced air purifier, specifically designed for large bedrooms.
It has powerful airflow, a high CADR rating, and the quietest operation (below 50 dB). You might find bigger air purifiers or even ones with better filtration systems, but the 75i model is the very embodiment of the specification you want in a large room air purifier.
Can An Air Purifier Be Too Big For A Room?
This is a common concern. An air purifier can be too big for a room. However, what really matters are the consequences of that: there are practically none.
Even if you big a very large air purifier that would be overkill for the room you put it in, it will do you no harm.
Of course, the unit price, replacement filters, and electricity bills will be higher, which is unpleasant but there are no documented real problems that would occur if you have an oversized air purifier in a room.
Will A Small Air Purifier Work In A Large Room?
Doubtfully. If you’ve miscalculated the size of an air purifier and bought one that’s too small, it will not properly increase the indoor air quality in that room.
Putting a small air purifier in a large room is better than nothing, obviously, but’s a job half done. The smaller air purifier will have a shorter lifespan, the replacement filters will have to be changed more frequently, and so on.
The smartest thing to do is to buy a large air purifier for a large room. Simple.back to menu ↑
As I have become more aware of air pollution, I was surprised to learn that it’s not just an outdoor problem. Indoor air quality can also affect our health and quality of life. When I set out to try to solve this problem using an air purifier, I was unprepared for the overwhelming amount of air purifier products and solutions that make bold claims about purifying the air in the home using a HEPA filter.