Best Air Purifier for Mold and Viruses – There are different types of air purifier, each using different technology, sometimes in combination. Some air purification technology is very effective at removing mold spores from the air, some are not and some could actually do more harm than good.
1.Pure Enrichment PureZone
Pros & Cons
- 3-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION: Perfect for medium to large rooms of up to 300 sq. ft.*, safely clean your home, bedroom, living room, nursery, or office air from 99.97% of particles dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and household odors. Stage 1: Washable Pre-Filter and Activated Carbon Filter; Stage 2: True H13 HEPA filter; Stage 3: UV-C Light
- ELIMINATES VIRUSES & BACTERIA: The built-in UV-C light adds a deeper level of cleanliness and safely eliminates up to 99.9% of viruses and bacteria. (Staphylococcus albus (95.8%), Escherichia coli (96.6%), Aspergillus niger (88.2%), H1N1 (99.9%) independent testing)
- 3 FAN SPEEDS & QUIET OPERATION: Use the easy touch-button control panel to find your optimal fan setting with low, medium, and high options. With a soothing white noise level at just 30dB, it’s quiet enough to sanitize while you sleep.
- ENERGY-EFFICIENT & EASY TO USE: PureZone has 3 timer settings for 2, 4, or 8 hours which allows you to save energy or run continuously. It also comes designed with a filter reset indicator that lets you know when it is time for a fresh filter.
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY: 3-in-1 powerful air purifier, 3-in-1 filter that lasts up to 6 months, UV-C light bulb, and Pure Enrichment’s guaranteed 5-Year Warranty. Our customer support team provides daily quality service and peace of mind to millions worldwide all from a brand you can trust.
The Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 is a quiet machine with very few other noteworthy qualities. If cost and noise are your top priorities, this unit might be a good choice. The PureZone is generally an average performer. It’s quiet and functional in small bedrooms but just doesn’t have enough power to be used in spaces larger than 100 square feet.
The Pure Enrichment PureZone‘s tech may not be class-leading in every respect but this is one of the most expensive looking air purifiers you can get at the price. With more than 10480 reviews and 4.5/5 rated, this air purifier is also one of the most purchased air purifiers at the moment, a very impressive device from a great air purifier brand.
Pros & Cons
- PATENTED TECHNOLOGY — Patented Silver screen technology utilizes TiO2 media and UV light that attacks viruses, bacteria, harmful gases and VOC's that True HEPA and carbon filters cannot capture.
- TRUE HEPA + CARBON FILTRATION — Captures 99. 97% of particles 0. 3 microns or larger such as dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, mold spores and more while an advanced carbon filter absorbs odors and gases.
- EASY TO USE — Adjust the 8 speed settings with Quick Clean option, sleep mode, and control safety lock utilizing the touch sensitive controls with indicator lights letting you know when your filters and/or UV bulb needs replaced.
- ADVANCED SENSORS — Monitors dust and odor levels and adjusts output automatically while providing a visual air quality indicator that is color driven (Green - Good, Orange - Moderate, Red - Poor) to give you visual feedback of the air quality in your room.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose one of our Vornado Air Purifiers, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 10 years.
The Standard HEPA air purifiers work like most every other air purifier that’s manufactured today. They include a True HEPA filter that captures 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size which includes dust, allergens, pet dander, bacteria, mold spores, and visible smoke. That’s why it’s always found in the best air cleaner for allergies and sinuses.
Standard HEPA air purifiers also contain an Activated Carbon filter for removing airborne odors and gases from cooking, pets, mold, cleaning agents, etc.
The Advanced Silverscreen + HEPA air purifiers have a third layer of protection you won’t find in many other competitor products. Vornado’s Silverscreen technology contains patented TiO2 Media + UV Light to attack viruses, bacteria, harmful gases, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that the True HEPA filter and Activated Carbon filters cannot capture.
Pros & Cons
- High Performance Air Filtration – Easy to replace medical grade H13 True HEPA 99.98% filter and activated carbon pre-filter for dust mites, pollen, and pet dander as well as cooking and household odors. Filter included and replacement filters are available on Amazon.
- Designed For Large Rooms & Saving Energy - Powerful low EMF radiation DC motor with four speeds and delivers more than DOUBLE the air output using up to 85% LESS electricity than other air purifiers. Lowest setting will use less than 50 cents a month in electricity. Covers 1,500 sq ft (1 air change per hour) and 375 sq ft (4 air changes per hour). CADR rated at 200CFM / 340m³/h (AHAM standard).
- Real-Time Air Quality Monitor - Advanced PM 2.5 sensor measures and detects changes in air quality. In auto mode, the fan speed will auto adjust to clear the air quickly and automatically. Displays real-time PM 2.5 levels, temperature, and humidity.
- Advanced Features - Four fan speeds, optional ionizer and UV-C light, real-time air quality / temperature / humidity display, filter / UV bulb change indicator, a timer to shut off automatically, and sleep mode to run in complete darkness. Ultra quiet operation, perfect for baby rooms and nurseries.
- Support - InvisiClean is a US company with customer support in the USA. California Air Resources Board [CARB] certified compliant for sale in California. Power: 110V Only.
The InvisiClean Claro (IC-4524) wants to be your Coway AP-1512HH and Honeywell HPA300 replacement. It is even less expensive than the best flagship air purifiers, yet it looks and performs like a top-tier one. We are looking at the flagship of InvisiClean, but can it challenge the mighty best air purifiers? We will see in this InvisiClean Claro Review.
InvisiClean is putting all their effort in developing the InvisiClean Claro, which is also the newest product available that aims higher range than things like InvisiClean Aura or InvisiClean Sensa. So far, it is also the most powerful device this American company can give to us, and we’re happy to give it a full check in our InvisiClean Claro Review.
4.Molekule Air Mini
Pros & Cons
- FDA-cleared to destroy viruses: Molekule Air Mini is FDA-cleared as a 510(k) Class II medical device to destroy viruses & bacteria, and trap 95% of particles 0.3-1 micron in size.
- Made for smaller spaces: designed for smaller spaces up to 250 sq. ft. like studio apartments, kids’ bedrooms & home offices
- PECO-powered: Uses Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) nanotechnology to destroy viruses, allergens, bacteria, mold, chemicals & more
- With 5 fan speeds to choose from, you can customize your purification needs, from whisper quiet, to boost. For home-or-commercial healthcare use, Mini should be used on fan speed 3 or higher.
- PECO-Filter status indicator: Easily track the replacement schedule for your PECO-Filter
- Ready to purify: Comes with a 6-month filter. Automatic filter refills available. See manufacturer's website.
- Whisper quiet: With a 39-decibel Silent Mode, Air Mini is sonically unobtrusive
- Portable: With its vegan-leather handle, Air Mini can be easily carried and placed anywhere in the home or business.
- App-enabled: Check filter status and change your device’s fan speed from your app, wherever you are
- Molekule PECO-Filters purify air thanks to a proprietary coating. Only Molekule-branded filters are warrantied for use with Molekule air purifiers.Lowest speed — 20 W/h Highest speed — 55 W/h
That’s precisely what you want in an air purifier, and the fact that the Air Mini’s filter runs through a whole six months before you ever need to look at it again is another huge bonus.
The downside of the Molekule Air Mini is that this particular model lacks smart integration or a companion app, which are features only found in the Molekule Air Mini+ (among other improvements). If you want to see any kind of feedback on just how good your air purifier is, you’re going to have to fork out the extra $100 to pick up the Molekule Air Mini+ instead. But if you just want to set up an air purifier and trust that it’s doing its job well, then the Molekule Air Mini is just what you need.
5.SilverOnyx Air Purifier
Pros & Cons
- Air Purifiers for Home Large Room: True Hepa H13 charcoal filter captures 99.97% of dust as small as 0.3 microns; such as airborne dust, pet hair, odors, and other household dust
- 5 Stages of Air Cleaning: Advanced purification for the cleanest air quality; A combination filter cartridge with mesh pre-filter and Hepa H13 activated carbon filter, plus a UV light and Ion generator to freshen air even further
- True Hepa Filtration: High quality air purifier with a True Hepa H13 filter that captures 99.97% of particles including ultra-fine dust, smoke, fiber and pet hair
- Clean Air Ionizer: The SilverOnyx Hepa air purifier with ionizer, UV light, and activated carbon filter; The most sophisticated air purification technologies for the freshest air; A 2.5 Pm (particulate matter) sensor automatically adjusts air flow to ensure consistently high quality air
- Air Purifiers for Home Large Room: best bedroom aire cleaner allergies h13 carbon casa clean cleaners dander dorm dust fan feet filter filters filtration h13 hair hepa living rooms machine office mold pet pets purifer purificador purifier reusable siler silver onyx silveronyx small smoke smokers square true uv
In a world of low-range air purifiers, we can see tons of microbrands that may only be recognized by the U.S residents. The SilverOnyx is one air purifier from a brand like that, a brand that they apply their name for their most popular air purification device, instead of thinking a new cool name to call it.
If you need a pause from the big air purifier brands, we are happy to introduce to you the SilverOnyx Review, which is for the amazing 5-in-1 air purifier of a company in Utah.
There are spores everywhere, floating in the air outside, in your office and in your house. There is no way to completely avoid them. But inhaling mold spores could lead to medical problems. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) found that people with mold sensitivity can experience upper respiratory symptoms, increased asthma symptoms and even skin irritation when exposed to mold and mold spores. The World Health Organization (WHO) examined multiple studies and found that the presence of mold was associated with respiratory symptoms and exacerbated asthma symptoms.