Best Air Purifier for Office – Although our goal with this guide was to provide you with reviews on the best air purifier for office spaces, the truth is that the top machine is one that suits your individual needs.
While we hope that you found the best office air purifier for your work environment on this list, there are literally hundreds of other options out there for you to choose from.
And fortunately, you now have the knowledge on how to pick the best air purifier for a workplace because the information explained here taught you how to find and compare the most important features.
We hope you enjoyed this guide and find the perfect air purifier for your office needs. Every one of the models recommended on this page can be hard to beat.back to menu ↑
- 5-in-1 air purifier for home - electrostatic hepa media air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- PET PURE FILTER - An antimicrobial agent is added to the filter to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the filter's surface
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS - Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
back to menu ↑
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- 3 Stage Filtration. Includes a fabric pre-filter, an activated carbon filter and a HEPA filter which captures 99.97% of 0.3 micron particles and smaller including pollen, dust, smoke, hair, and pet dander.
- Honeycomb-Structured Filter. Activated carbon filter captures gases and VOC’s including odors from pets, cooking, smoke, and other common household odors.
- Automated CirQulate System. Monitors and provides indoor air quality readings in real-time and adjusts to the appropriate fan speed.
- Peaceful Sleeping Environment. Whisper-quiet fan speed option and automated night mode make it the perfect addition for bedrooms.
- Integrated and Functional Design. Complements any living space with front panel filter access, convenient and discreet cord wrap, and intuitive controls.
- Accommodating size. Tested to the AHAM standard to have a Smoke CADR of 199 for rooms up to 308 sq. ft., making it great for bedrooms, living areas, basements, and dining rooms.
back to menu ↑
- Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft (CADR: Dust 246 / Pollen 240 / Smoke 233 cb. ft.).
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds and reduces odor.
- Coway Mighty pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. And it features a timer, and filter lifetime indicator.
- Fan speeds available in 1, 2, 3 stages by manually setting up. While auto mode automatically optimizes the speed setting 1 through 3 based on the level of indoor air quality. When no pollution is detected for 30 minutes, the fan will automatically stop and set as Eco mode to save energy.
- Timer feature allows the machine to run 1/4/8 hours before automatically powering off.
- Filter replacement indicator checks both Pre-filter and HEPA filter respectively to let users be aware of when to wash or replace the filter.
- 77 W power consumption and quiet operation with noise level ranging from 24.4 dB to 53.8 dB.
- Limited manufacturer's warranty covers any internal/functional parts for 1 year and motor and electronic parts for 3 years. Filters are excluded.
- Won the Best Air Purifier of 2018 at Wirecutter and ranked 1st place at the TopTenReviews.
back to menu ↑
4.Blueair Blue Pure
- Advanced Swedish Design: Swedish Filter Technology Captures 99% of Airborne Pollutants Like Viruses, Pollen, Dust, Pet Dander, Mold, Bacteria and More
- Eliminates odors. Activated carbon filter reduces gases, VOCs, and annoying odors from pets, smoking, cooking, wildfires and more
- Colorful. Includes machine washable fabric pre-filters in diva blue and dark shadow. Leave the mesh filter housing exposed for a Scandinavian look
- Quiet. No louder than a whisper on the lowest speed (31 decibel.) and equivalent to the noise level of rainfall on the highest setting (56 decibel.)
- Low energy consumption. Rated by energy star for low energy consumption (30–60 w). Energy consumption: 30 – 61 watts. Sound level-31 - 56 dB(A)
- Independently tested. Performance Certified by Aham to filter room air 5x an hour in medium to large bedrooms, living rooms and spaces up to 540 square feet
- EPA Establishment 90081-CHN-001
back to menu ↑
5.LEVOIT Air Purifier
- High Performance: Enjoy fresh air in 12 minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 refreshes the air 5x per hour in rooms as large as 219 ft² / 20 m²
- Find Relief: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- Multiple Filter Choices: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and VOCs. And if you’re a pet owner, try the Pet Allergy Filter to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors.
- Most Silent Air Cleaner: Choose Sleep Mode at night and then forget all about your air purifier while you sleep. QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise levels to a near-silent 24dB, ensuring the Core 300 won’t get in the way of a good night’s rest.
- Sleek Design: The Core 300 practically serves your home while blending in with your decor. Its award-winning design (Red Dot, 2020) and modern white finish help your air purifier fit anywhere in your home/bedroom/room.
- Undisturbed Operation: Display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter life time indicator for your convenience
- Full Certified for Safer: Energy Star Verified, Complies with California air resources board (CARB) for indoor cleaning devices. Also FCC certified, ETL listed, CA PROP 65 certified
- Ozone Free: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV/Ion light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
back to menu ↑
6.Kloudi HEPA Air
- Efficiency Filtration System: Our HEPA Air Purifier features an efficient filtration system, powerful enough to captures up dust, pollen, smoke, odor, pet dander. It can filter particles as small as 0.3 microns and air pollution of PM 2.5, eliminate 99.97% of tiny objects in an indoor environment of 215sq.ft (20m³).
- Make Life Healthier: We clearly understand your concerns and we have conducted countless experiments on our air pretreatment system. After experiments, we found that as long as the ultraviolet wavelength is greater than 200nm does not produce ozone and other harmful substances.
- Ultra-Quiet: Thanks to the new brushless motor, the air purifier can operate at a decibel as low as 22db when working. It makes air cleaner lightweight and quiet, with no annoying sound. Choose us, and you will discover a new way of life.
- Air Filter With Fragrance Sponge: Add a drop of essential oil (Not Included) and some water into the sponge below the filter air outlet, then fragrance will flow with air movements. (Such as Citrus, Honeydew Melon, Musk, Vanilla, Orris or Vetiver)
back to menu ↑
7.HEPA Air Purifier
- This HEPA Air Purifier has an efficient filtration system, it can filter particles as small as 0.3 microns and air pollution of PM 2.5. This hepa air purifiers can eliminate 99.97% of tiny objects in an indoor environment of 215 ft² (20m²), makes it perfect for home, bedroom, living room, kitchen and office.
- With sleep mode quiet operation, this air cleaner can operate as low as 22db. Doesn’t make any annoying noise, doesn’t affect your work, study or sleep. A perfect hepa air purifier for bedroom or living room, also suitable for using at night.
- An energy-efficient air purifier! There are 3 timer settings, allows the air purifier turn off automatically. The operating power is as low as 15W, makes it save up to 35% on electricity than other air purifiers.
- An Air Filter With Fragrance Sponge! This hepa air filter feature add fragrance design, you can add your favorite essential oils (not included) to help you relax, meanwhile the air filter is cleaning the air.
back to menu ↑
- H13 TRUE HEPA FILTER：PUURVSAS HEPA air purifier sets as 3-stage filtration system including Fine Preliminary filter, H13-grade True Filter, and Active Carbon Filter; This effectively captures large particles like hair and pet fur, fine particles like PM2.5, and household odors.
- 24dB ABSOLUTE SILENCE:PUURVSAS air purifier filters the air with 24dB noise level and three modes for satisfying your different needs, do not disturb your work or study; The sleep mode is especially suited for deep sleeping at night, no annoying sound & light disturb, enjoy a beauty sleep.
- ♻️15㎡/161ft² 10MINS PURIFICATION♻️: Designed as Light (3.3lb) and small(6.7in x 6.7in x 10.4in), but powerfully clean the air with 15㎡/161ft² coverage；PUURVSAS air purifier can rapidly circulate the air to different dimensions room for office, bedroom, small apartment, and kid’s room, improving indoor air quality.
- PREVENT 99.97% HIDDEN DANGERS: People face the threat of viruses, haze(PM2.5) & harmful bacteria in their daily lives, and are troubled by pollen, kitchen odors, allergens, pet dander & dust; PUURVSAS HEPA air purifier is 99.97% helpful to filter out these unpleasant odors and polluted air.
- ✅SMART REMINDER FOR FILTER REPLACEMENT✅: PUURVSAS HEPA filter is equipped with 2 filters for removing efficiently pollutants in the air. When the filter is used for 3-6 months, the indicators will remind you to replace the new filter when the light changes from blue to red. To ensure best experience, please search for "B092YFYKW1" for HM669A Air purifier filter.
back to menu ↑
9.InvisiClean Aura II
- Get Relief From Allergies - Eliminates common allergy triggers including dust mites, pollen, and pet dander. Covers 1,276 sq ft (1 air change per hour) and 319 sq ft (4 air changes per hour). CADR: 170CFM / 289m³/h.
- Best In Class Performance & Energy Saving - Utilizes low EMF radiation DC motor to deliver DOUBLE the air output using up to 82% LESS electricity than other air purifiers in its class. UV light kills harmful bacteria, viruses, and mold spores.
- Complete Filtration & Germ Disinfection - Easily replaceable H13 99.985% true HEPA filter and activated carbon prefilter with optional ionizer and disinfecting UV-C light.
- Whisper Quiet & Effective – Quiet at low speed and turbo mode for maximum air cleaning.
- Support - InvisiClean is a US company with customer support in the USA. California Air Resources Board [CARB] certified compliant for sale in California. Power: 110V-220V.
back to menu ↑
- ❃【Matching for Models】Only Compatible with COLZER KJ800 Air Purifier
- ❃【Easy to Replace】First remove the Old Filter before starting the purifier, then Replace the New Filter, finally complete the install to continue the purify
- ❃【Material】The use of a scientifically formulated special activated carbon can further purify the air and have a good effect on the freshness of the air. Compared with ordinary activated carbon, the adsorption effect is better and the use time is longer
- ❃【True HEPA + Active Carbon Layer】The use of a scientifically formulated special activated carbon can further purify the air and have a good effect on the freshness of the air. Compared with ordinary activated carbon, the adsorption effect is better and the life is longer
- ❃【Note】To ensure good sealing and reduce the effects of filtration, the product is sealed after packaging. Before replacing, remove the filter plastic bag and then replace the filter. In addition, the filter life must be reset after replacing the filter (see product description for specific operation). It is recommended to replace the filter every 3 to 6 months
back to menu ↑
Best Air Purifier for Office – BUYER’S GUIDE
Room Size Suitability
This is listed first for good reason — the capacity of your air purifier should be suitable for the room or space you are putting it in. Generally, smaller air purifiers are for smaller areas, and larger air purifiers are for larger areas. Makes sense right?
There is very little use in using a small air purifier for a big area because it just won’t have the ‘oompf’ to get the job done. Conversely, if you get an air purifier that is unnecessarily powerful, you’re probably spending more money than you need to.
For our purposes, we’ll list each air purifier by the following sizes:
- Small — for small rooms or personals spaces under 300 square feet
- Medium — for rooms or spaces between 300 and 699 square feet
- Large — for rooms or spaces between 700 and 1,900 square feet
- Whole House — for very large spaces or whole houses.
Air Exchanges Per Hour
This is a reasonably simple one, in that it measures how many times an air purifier will exchange (or clean) the air in the room per hour. The more times per hour the air is exchanged, the harder the air purifier works to keep the air clean.
Remember that this rating is only applicable to its room size suitability as above. If you put an air purifier designed for a small room into a large room, it’s ability to exchange the air per hour will be greatly reduced.
Filter Type and Capability
This one can get confusing, so we’ll try and keep it simple. The reason that it can be confusing is that there are many different types of filters, and sometimes manufacturers will try and have their own names for filtration to make it sound better than others.
In saying that, we will try our best to translate things for you — here are the main filter types to look out for:
- HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) Filtration This is the one most people look for, as it’s tried and true. It uses a high-density paper filter to trap the dirt from the air. The specific term you’ll want to look out for is ‘True HEPA Filter’. If it says something like ‘HEPA Like’ or HEPA Type’, we’d generally suggest you stay away because it is just not as efficient as the real deal.
- Carbon Filtration This air filter uses carbon panels that absorb fumes in the air. Note it just traps fumes; that is to say, it will not trap contaminants, only bad smells from the air in the room. For that reason, carbon filtration is usually used in addition to HEPA filtration.
- Ionic Filtration This one is a bit more complicated, as it sends out charged ion particles into the room that then latch onto contaminants in the room. These contaminants then fall to the floor or other surfaces with gravity. Some of the more expensive ionic filtration devices will have a collection area that ‘suck in’ the contaminants from the air with electrostatic energy, so it reduces what falls on the ground or surfaces.
Then of course, more expensive options will have combinations of these filters or other filter technologies which we’ll explain as they arise.
This means that the air purifier will have sensors that can sense certain smells or contaminants, and automatically adjust to get rid of them as they arrive. Automatic monitoring is really handy for a set and forget arrangement.
All air purifiers will make a noise, usually a quietish humming sound. Generally, the more powerful the air purifier, the louder the sound, but more expensive models will have systems to keep them quiet. This may not be an issue for you at all, but it is for some. In our reviews, we’ll cover if they are exceptionally quiet, or louder than normal.
The best way to use an air purifier is to have it on all the time, and that can sometimes mean unpleasant surprises in your energy bill. Obviously the more energy an air purifier needs to run, the more expensive it will be to use.
Most air purifiers will have an eco mode, or be Energy Star certified to try and keep running costs down. In general, air purifiers are pretty energy efficient, costing not much more than $50 a year. But we will let you know whether any of our reviewed air purifiers will cost too much in energy!
Filter Change Indicator
It can be easy to forget exactly how long you have left your air purifier on, and therefore difficult to know when to change the filter. A filter change indicator is really handy for knowing when the filter needs replacing.
The bigger an air purifier gets, the more cumbersome it might be to move from room to room. We’ve stated how easy each air purifier is to move.
By no means a necessity, but you might find Wi-Fi capability handy to track the usage of your air purifier, or to see if it’s currently working, etc. This is also closely related to whether the air purifier has a mobile app, for which we’ll make clear.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questionsback to menu ↑
How Many Air Purifiers Do I Need for an Office?
The number of air purifiers you need depends on how many rooms your office has.
The general rule of thumb is to have one air purifier per room. That’s because air purifiers can’t work through walls.
If your office has a very large open area with lots of cubicles or desks, then you can quite possibly get away with buying just one air purifier.
As long as the air purifier you choose can cover the square footage size of the space, then it should be fine for that location.
However, if your office is divided up into individual rooms that have their own doors, then it’s best to put a separate air purifier in each of those areas.
Doing this will allow each person in your work environment to have their own personal bubble of clean, fresh air to breathe.back to menu ↑
Where Should an Air Purifier Be Placed in the Office?
The best placement for an air purifier in an office is to get as close to the central point of the room as possible.
This will allow the air purifier to draw air in equally from the full volume of space.
You also want to give your air purifier enough clearance around the machine to function well.
The general rule of thumb is to allow 24 inches of clearance on all sides and the top of the machine.
But always check your owner’s manual for the exact measurements because it may recommend a larger or smaller radius for your particular air purifier.
Placing your air purifier in an optimal position is crucial for peak performance and is what makes air purifiers worth it.back to menu ↑
Do Air Purifiers Remove Office Dust?
Yes, air purifiers do remove office dust if they contain a True HEPA filter.
A True HEPA filter is the only kind of air filter that can trap microscopic dust particles.
An Activated Carbon filter can trap some large dust particles but they’re not made for that type of work.
Air purifiers also get rid of dust mites and their waste which can help with with indoor allergies while you’re at work.back to menu ↑
Will an Air Purifier Reduce Office Odors?
Yes, an air purifier will reduce office odors if it has an Activated Carbon filter.
An Activated Carbon filter is the only type of air filter that can reduce airborne odors.
Activated Carbon filters are made of a special type of material that adsorbs gases and chemical vapors.
Other types of filters like HEPA filters cannot trap airborne vapors, and therefore, those molecules just float right through them.
More details on this topic can be found here: do air purifiers remove smells.back to menu ↑
Will an Air Purifier Kill Bacteria and Viruses?
Yes, an air purifier will kill bacteria and viruses if it has an Ultraviolet light.
An Ultraviolet light (or UV-C light) emits a beam of radiation that destroys the DNA structure of microbes and pathogens.
This radiation is completely safe for humans but kills bacteria and viruses.
If you want to have sterile air that’s less contaminated with particles that can make you sick, then a UV-C light is a must-have feature to look for on the best air purifier for your needs.back to menu ↑
Do Air Purifiers Harm Office Plants?
No, air purifiers do not harm office plants.
In fact, air purifiers and plants can work well together to create the healthiest air possible in your workplace.
There’s nothing an air purifier does that can harm your plants and vice versa.
So feel free to add as many plants as you want to the office while running an air purifier in the same location.
We also have a page on the differences between air purifier vs plants if you want to understand how they compare for indoor air quality improvement.back to menu ↑
Do you want to reduce the amount of dust, allergens, bacteria, or viruses that may be floating around?
If so, this guide can help.
Below, you’ll find a complete buying guide on how to find the best air purifier for office spaces—large to small.
If you’re looking for the best office air purifier that can keep the air around you clean and fresh, then you’ll find everything you need on this page.