Best Air Purifier for Pet Allergies and Asthma – We hope you enjoyed this guide on the best air purifier for asthma and allergies and found the information outlined above to be useful
As you learned, the best air filter for asthma comes in two types: a True HEPA filter and a PECO filter to extract the widest range of asthma triggers from the air.
You also discovered that it’s good to stay away from ionizers since those types of air cleaners can cause irritation to an asthmatic’s lungs.
Out of all of the reviews on asthma air purifiers above, we hope you found one particular device that meets your needs. And most importantly, that it will help you live a healthier and more symptom-free life.
1.RENPHO Air Purifier
For medium to large rooms, we highly recommend this air purifier from Renpho. It’s fitted with a four-stage filtration system and a True HEPA filter.
Its filters capture allergens and asthma triggers and you won’t have to deal with them anymore. You can also use this unit during the night for a peaceful sleep. It’s very quiet and even features a sleep mode.
To save energy, you can set the timer to shut the unit off automatically when needed. If you have young exploring children, set the unit to child lock mode to protect your clean air from curious fingers.
Pros & Cons
- 【HEPA High-Efficient Air Purifier】3 Stage filtration system (Pre-Filter, True HEPA Filter and Activated Carbon Filter) effectively eliminates small airborne particles such as pet hair, dander, smoke, pollen, dust and so on. 4 different fan speeds can be selected according to your preference.
- 【Small, Lightweight But Powerful】RENPHO air purifier exclusively designed for small spaces - High-Efficiently purify the air in bedrooms, kitchens, offices, dorm rooms and living rooms etc with True HEPA Technology. The lightweight design makes it easy for you to put it anywhere, and it's enough for this portable air cleaner to purify any spaces up to 206 Ft² in 24 minutes.
- 【Deep-Sleep Quiet Mode】In the quiet mode, the noise of Renpho air cleaner is controlled under 22dB. The air cleaner is ozone-free and its display light can be turned off, perfect for the restful and soothing indoor environment. Let's embrace a good deep sleep from now on!
- 【Smart Filter Replacement Indicator】Replacement Indicator flashes to remind you to replace the filter. It is recommended to replace your filter every 3-6 months depending on the use and air quality.
- 【Genuine Replacement Filter】Search for B07RLR27MX / B07RPLFF49 / B0836P8Z98 for Replacement filter. Use genuine RENPHO replacement filters to maintain the best performance and to ensure what you're buying is worthy of your investment.
2.LEVOIT Air Purifier
If you’re looking to purify your air while saving energy, this is for you. This air purifier by Levoit is certified by Energy Star and uses only 33 watts.
Choose between three fan speeds to suit your air quality. This air purifier uses a tower structure with 360-degree filtration instead of flat filters.
It’s sleek and can easily be placed on the floor next to a sofa or table without looking out of place. You also get multiple smart features such as sleep mode and a filter replacement indicator.
Pros & Cons
- OZONE FREE: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Enjoy fresh air in minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 cleans spaces up to 547 ft² in 30 minutes, 219 ft² in 12 minutes (CADR: 141 CFM / 240 m³/h). Only products over 6 pounds can be equipped with such powerful motors that optimize the air cleaning performance
- FIND RELIEF: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- OFFICIAL LEVOIT FILTERS: Search for B07RSZSYNC or Core 300-RF to find Levoit's Core 300 replacement filter. Levoit filters provide the best fit and filtration, while off-brand filters are unreliable and may damage the air purifier
- MULTIPLE FILTER CHOICES: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in smog, toxins, and VOCs. The Smoke Remover filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and etc. And the Pet Allergy Filter helps to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors
- WHISPER QUIET AIR CLEANER: Choose Sleep Mode at night and then forget all about your air purifier while you sleep. QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise levels to a near-silent 24dB, ensuring the Core 300 won’t get in the way of a good night’s rest
- SLEEK DESIGN: The Core 300 practically serves your home while blending in with your decor. Its award-winning design (Red Dot, 2020) and modern white finish help your air purifier fit anywhere in your home/bedroom/room
- UNDISTURBED OPERATION: The display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter lifetime indicator for your convenience
- FULL CERTIFIED FOR SAFER: Energy Star Verified, Complies with California air resources board (CARB) for indoor cleaning devices. Also FCC certified, ETL listed
3.IQAir GC MultiGas
If you’re dealing with severe allergies or asthma, you need the right kind of air purifier. We highly recommend this one from IQAir, which features a HyperHEPA filter.
It removes the tiniest of particles while reducing viruses and eliminating irritating odors. This unit was made to cover large rooms and even whole floors.
To prevent any impurities from escaping the filter, the unit is equipped with a triple-seal technology. The filtered air will be evenly distributed throughout the room so you can enjoy an allergen-free atmosphere.
Pros & Cons
- #1 Rated room air purifier for multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) & tobacco smoke
- Proven medical-grade air filtration: 100x more effective than HEPA air purifiers
- Only IQAir’s exclusive HyperHEPA filters stop ultrafine particles (down to 0.003 microns) EPA Establishment # 97566-CHE-1
- Powerful filtration: covers a room size up to 1,125 sq ft (104.5 sq m)
- Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery. CARB EO # G-10-059. Unable to ship to PO Boxes. Shipped in two boxes: Large box contains system with preinstalled pre-filter and post-filter sleeves. Smaller box contains GC MultiGas cartridges.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Honeywell True HEPA
For larger rooms of up to 465 square feet, we recommend this air purifier from Honeywell. Although it’s a large unit, it’s highly effective and made to remove allergens.
You get three levels of air purification to choose between depending on the room. The filter includes a True HEPA filter that removes up to 99.97 percent of airborne particles.
Maintaining the Honeywell purifier is fuss-free and the filters are long-lasting. A light indicator will let you know when it’s time for a replacement, so you don’t have to guess.
Pros & Cons
5.Blueair HealthProtect 7770i
When you look for an air purifier to solve your health problems (allergies and asthma), you must get the best air filters possible out there. Normally, the HEPA filter is the most efficient air filter being used to capture allergens as small as 0.3 microns. However, Blueair HEPASilent technology can capture particles as small as 0.1 microns in diameter, including viruses, germs, and microplastics, while also eliminating bigger particles such as dust, pollen, smoke, and pet hair. Electrical charging and rapid air movement together may eliminate 99 percent of bacteria.
Moreover, such high efficiency doesn’t require any trade-off. Electrostatic filtration enables the mechanical filtering to be less dense, resulting in an unmatched flow rate of clean air.
Pros & Cons
- 24/7 PROTECTION: Against viruses and bacteria with GermShield technology that kills 99% of germs caught by the filter; Proactively monitors conditions and prevents growth on the filters on standby
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair’s HEPASilent dual filtration delivers more clean air using less noise and energy than traditional HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 674sqft large room in about 12.5 min or up to 3,235sqft XL space in 60 min, on high
- IN-APP FEATURES: Auto adjusts to maintain optimal air conditions; 3 advanced sensors; Real-time updates track clean air progress
- SMARTFILTER: RFID chip in SmartFilter monitors and tracks pollutant levels in real-time to calculate filter life and alert on replacement needs; automatically resets the replace filter reminder when new filter is installed; Maximum 1-year filter life
- ONE OF THE QUIETEST AIR PURIFIERS: Quieter (25 dB) than a whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (8W) than an LED lightbulb on low so it’s kind to your wallet and the planet
- REMOVES 99.99% OF COMMON ALLERGENS: Asthma Allergy Nordic Recommended - helps reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES DOWN TO 0.1 MICRON: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes 99.97% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, viruses and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps light household odors from smoking, pets and cooking
- MOST AWARDED AIR PURIFIER BRAND IN THE US: Protect 7770i has won the 2021 RedDot - Product Design and IF - Product Design awards
6.Coway Airmega AP-1512HH
Likewise, the Coway AP-1512HH Deodorization Filter, or Activated Carbon filter, is excellent. It can assist in removing tiny particles, hence extending the life of the True HEPA filter; also, it can absorb the majority of chemicals, smoke, home aromas, and dangerous gases.
With this level of performance, it’s understandable why the Coway AP-1512HH has received several certificates and honors, including the British Allergy Foundation Seal of Approval.
Plus, the sound is quite quiet, if not the quietest for an air purifier. Additionally, the Eco Mode (Coway’s Smart Sensor) ensures that the Coway AP-1512HH always operates at a low level with almost little noise. You may use this air purifier continuously throughout the night to help keep allergies and asthma at bay.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 361 sq. ft. in 12.5 minutes or up to 874 sq. ft. in 30 minutes.
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor.
- [Auto Mode] Constantly monitoring the air quality, the fan automatically adjusts to most effectively purify your space as needed providing a new level of clean in real time.
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected.
- [3-Stage Manual Fan Speed] Control your AP-1512HH's fan manually with low, medium, and high settings.
- [Air Quality Indicator] Pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. Brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. You can turn off the light for sleeping.
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced, and the pre-filter needs to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed.
- [Ultra Quiet] Ultra quiet operation with noise levels ranging from 24 dB to 53 dB.
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy.
- [Warranty] 3-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
When shopping for an air purifier to treat your health problems (allergies and asthma), you must consider both the amount and quality of the air filters contained in this device. Generally, the more filters, the more steps there are for removing allergens from the air. A typical air purifier has three or four steps of air cleansing, however the Rabbit Air MinusA2 features six stages and five mechanical layers of air filters.
Regarding the air filters, they are of the high quality that we have come to expect from Rabbit Air. In addition to the standard pre-filter, Rabbit Air MinusA2 has an extra medium filter (a HEPA-type filter) to remove as many airborne toxins as possible.
Pros & Cons
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- 5 Year Warranty
- Odor Remover customized filter: Traps and reduces odors from pets, cigarettes and cigars, cooking and mildew.
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 700 sq. ft.
RENPHO Air Purifier – This Comparison Table of the Top 6 Best Air Purifiers for Allergies and Asthma in 2022 will provide you with an overview of our Top 10 Best Air Purifiers for Allergies and Asthma in 2022. In this table, the filter types of this air purifier are compared (which are always including of True HEPA filter). Additionally, we address the most critical elements such as room coverage and air purifier size.
Bear in mind that you should read the comparison table’s evaluations. We will offer all of our information regarding the advantages and disadvantages of each air purifier.