Best Air Purifier for Pet Odor – Air purifiers for pet odors come in all sizes and shapes. The devices use different types of technologies to filter the air and remove pet smells. When it comes to choosing a unit, consider the factors below.
1.Alen BreatheSmart FIT50
Pros & Cons
- COMPACT AND MIGHTY: Cleans 900 SqFt every 30 minutes at a whisper-quiet level. A compact workhorse fits in any space from bedrooms, living rooms, gyms, offices, nurseries, kitchens, basements, and open concept areas.
- RECOMMENDED FOR: Dust, allergens, pollen, fur, pet dander, household odors PLUS smoke from cigarettes, cigars, cooking, wildfires, and VOC fumes from chemicals & aerosol sprays.
- FF50-VOC FILTER: Has 3 lbs of activated carbon to absorb smoke and toxic smells to help prevent respiratory issues.
- TRUE HEPA: Includes a Medical Grade H13 True HEPA layer that removes 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron. Includes a vacuumable prefilter to help increase filter life.
- PERFECT GIFT WITH A RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Alen air purifiers aim to maintain our community’s health and wellness with cleaner pure air. From back-to-school preparations for classrooms, doctor’s offices, hotels, casinos, bars, lounges, restaurants, and most importantly your home, our air purifiers offer air filtration to everyone. A great gift for smokers and pet owners who need to improve their indoor air quality caring for their loved ones.
You don’t need to spend a fortune on an air purifier, even with a lifetime warranty. We’ve said it a hundred times before, but top-end air purifiers like the IQAir HealthPro Plus or Blueair Pro L still seem to be most people’s dream air purifiers. Fair enough, we can understand why. But the Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 is an altogether more practical proposition.
After all, the mid-range air purifiers are the one many can afford to buy outright, or without a contract that costs as much as a good gym membership. Welcome to our Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 Review to know why this air purifier and Alen BreatheSmart were once the two aces for the brand at the moment.
2.Hamilton Beach TrueAir
Pros & Cons
- 3 Filtration Stages: Permanent HEPA grade filter captures dander & particles plus 2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters to target plus a pre filter for pet hair and larger particles
- High Performance Hepa Grade Filter: Captures 99 Percent of Pet Dander,, Pollen, and spores as Small as 3 Microns From the Air
- 2 Activated Carbon Zeolite Filters Help Reduce Unwanted Household From Pets, Smoke, and More
- Quiet and Powerful: Use Whisper Clean for Extra Quiet Operation at Night, the Medium Setting or the Quick Clean Setting for More Powerful Air Cleaning
- Easy to Clean: Permanent Hepa Grade Filter Can Be Vacuumed Clean; No Replacement Filters to Buy
The Hamilton Beach TrueAir is the lowest-performing compact air purifier. It struggles with air cleaning performance, has low-quality controls, and to top it off, requires expensive filters. Its one redeeming quality is how little noise it makes while operating, but this hardly makes up for its overall poor performance.
If you’re seeking a compact air purifier for a smaller space, we’d suggest going with the GermGuardian AC4100 instead, as it offers higher performance at a lower cost.
3.Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
Pros & Cons
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- Product has no extra filters
The purifier has a dedicated button for activating PlasmaWave. To activate the feature, press the button only once.
You need to know that PlasmaWave often produces a traceable amount of ozone. Use this feature intermittently as the ozone can cause lung irritation. If you have breathing difficulties, avoid it completely.
Winix recommends that you replace the filters every 12 months. To know when to replace the filters, check the filter replacement indicator.
4.GermGuardian True HEPA
Pros & Cons
- 3-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME - True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- PET PURE FILTER - An antimicrobial agent is added to the filter to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the filter's surface
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS - Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
This process is repeated several times per hour to ensure the air remains clean. Air purifiers with HEPA filters can remove at least 99.97 percent of dust, pollen, mold, bacteria, and any airborne particles with a size of 0.3 microns, like tobacco smoke.2
While high-end air purifiers can cost hundreds of dollars, there are some options that are just as effective (maybe even more so) and won’t break the bank. Read on for our assessment of the GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Purifier—a mid-range model with a great warranty.
Pros & Cons
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans up to 1,600 sq ft in one hr, 840 sq ft in 30 min, 430 sq ft in 15 min. [*Based on average CADR for pollen, smoke, and dust when operating at fan setting 3. Assumes closed room with 8 ft ceiling.] Perfect for large rooms.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 3 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a min noise level of 46dB and max of 66dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch screen operation panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B07LGDYV3C) lasts 3,000 hours or about 6 months.
Modern air purifiers work pretty solid, but now manufacturers are focusing on aesthetics more. The Medify MA-40 v2.0 Air Purifier comes from a Kickstarter company based in the USA called Medify Air, which launched a bunch of good-looking yet effective air purifiers in recent years.
Medify MA-40 v2.0 is the third-highest coverage air purifier from Medify’s floor standing air purifier lineup after MA-112 and MA-50 model. The unit comes with a 3-in-1 filter plus an optional ionizer. The back-to-front air delivery design with a CADR of 224 cfm is suitable for an average bedroom or even a living room.
As a pet owner, you know by now that a pet can cause a big mess in your home.
Hairs, odors, dust, and dirt will always find their way into your house if you have a pet. Pets also shed lots of dander that contaminate the air.
The contaminants can cause or worsen allergic reactions. An effective way of controlling dust and pet dander at home is to buy a good air purifier and use a good vacuum cleaner.
Regardless of how you clean your pet or your house, some areas will always have lingering pet smells. The best way to eliminate these smells is to use the best air purifier for pet odor.