Best Air Purifier for Pollen Allergies – Airborne allergens. If you have an allergy or are prone to allergies, your best bet is to reduce airborne allergens such as dust, pollen, dust mites, and animal dander as much as possible. How do you do that (if it’s even possible)? The best way to reduce indoor air pollutants is by choosing the best air purifier for allergies.
According to Mayo Clinic, the ‘Common allergy triggers include: Airborne allergens, such as pollen, animal dander, dust mites, and mold‘. The best air purifiers for allergies use filters to minimize the concentration of these allergens in indoor air.
1.Dyson Pure Cool
The Dyson Pure Cool TP01 combines a HEPA air purifier and a tower fan in one, and it can handle a large room.
It claims to remove “99.97% of allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns,” including pollen, dust, mold spores, bacteria, and pet dander.
Pros & Cons
- Captures: HEPA filter captures 99.97 0.3 microns particles including dust and pet dander
- Dyson technology helps create a healthier home
- Projects: Projects refreshed air throughout the whole room. Air Multiplier technology delivers over 77 gallons per second of smooth, yet powerful airflow.
- Multi-functionality: Tower fan and HEPA air refresher in one.
- Other features: Sleep timer, oscillation, 10 air speed settings and automatic shut-off if tipped over
- Second layer in filter contains activated carbon to capture household odors and volatile organic compounds like paint fumes
Molekule air purifiers use PECO filters, which are designed to destroy pollutants, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and mold.
The Molekule Air Mini works well for small spaces, like studio apartments, kids’ bedrooms, and home offices. It claims to replace the air in a 250-square-foot room every hour.
Pros & Cons
- Molekule Air Mini and Air Mini+ use Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) nanotechnology to destroy viruses, VOCs, allergens, bacteria & mold.
- Replacement PECO-Filter for use with Molekule Air Mini and Air Mini+. Not compatible with Molekule Air.
- Key to destroying viruses, VOCs, allergens, bacteria & mold at the molecular level
- Recommended replacement for average use: every 6 months.
- Automatic filter refills available. See manufacturer's website.
3.Honeywell True HEPA
The Honeywell True HEPA air purifier is ideal for medium-size rooms. It has a HEPA filter and claims to capture “up to 99.97 percent of microscopic allergens, 0.3 microns or larger.”
It also includes a carbon pre-filter that helps reduce unpleasant odors.
Pros & Cons
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
The RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet air purifier targets pollutants and odors and features a six-stage filtration system that includes a HEPA filter, activated charcoal carbon filter, and negative ions. It works in rooms up to 815 square feet.
You can mount it on your wall, and it can even feature a work of art and double as room decor. It can be customized for your needs to focus on the concerns in your home, such as germs, pet dander, toxins, and odor. Finally, you can use an app and Wi-Fi to control the unit when you’re away from the house.
Pros & Cons
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- 5 Year Warranty
- Odor Remover customized filter: Traps and reduces odors from pets, cigarettes and cigars, cooking and mildew.
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 700 sq. ft.
5.LEVOIT Smart Wi-Fi
The Levoit LV-PUR131S Smart True HEPA air purifier features a three-stage air filtration process that includes a pre-filter, HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter. These filters help remove pollutants, odors, pollen, dander, allergens, gases, smoke, and other particles from your indoor air.
Use a smartphone app to program the Wi-Fi enabled air purifier and put it on different automatic modes, depending on the air quality in your home, or if you want it to run quieter at night. It’s also compatible with Alexa.
Pros & Cons
- Voice Control: The Levoit Smart True HEPA Air Purifier’s VeSync app works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant; Just give a simple voice command to control your air purifier without lifting a finger; The air purifier works with a stable 2.4GHz network
- Smart Remote Control: Use your smartphone to directly control the air purifier anytime, anywhere; The VeSync app comes with advanced features including air quality monitoring, customized timers and schedules, filter life tracking, and more
- Neutralize Smoke & Odors: The rapid clean air delivery rate and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter work together to quickly neutralize airborne pollutants in your home, adsorbing pet smells, cigarette smoke, and VOCs
- Ideal for Allergies: The H13 True HEPA Filter is superior to H11, capturing at least 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, including dust, pollen, pet dander and smoke particles; This helps relieve allergy symptoms like sneezing, congestion, and difficulty breathing
- Sleep All Night: The air purifier filters the air with noise levels as low as 27dB, helping you sleep deeply with a restful and soothing indoor environment; The LED Display can be turned off so it won’t keep you awake at night
- Maximum Purification: Recommended for large rooms; Completely filters air in large living rooms, family rooms & playrooms about every 30 minutes (2 times an hour at 720 square feet) on high
6.Blueair Blue Pure 211+
While it’s a larger and bulkier model, the outcome is that it can cover rooms up to 600 feet large, which is seriously impressive. Handily though, this increase in coverage doesn’t mean that running the Blue Pure 211+ is going to break the bank. Instead, this air purifier is also economical to run and is available in a range of colors to make it a little easier to camouflage into your home.
The performance of the Blue Pure 211+ in our range of tests proves its place in the top ranks of air purifiers of its kind; it was able to absorb particles in a number of conditions in the most effective way we’ve seen.
Pros & Cons
- SIMPLE ONE-BUTTON CONTROL: Easily adjust fan as-needed with one button to ensure optimal air quality, including lowering fan speed at night for uninterrupted sleep
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair’s HEPASilent dual filtration delivers more clean air using less noise and energy than traditional HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 540sqft large room in about 12.5 min or up to 2592sqft XL space in 60min, on high
- ONE OF THE QUIESTEST AIR PURIFIERS: Quieter (31 dB) than whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (30W) than an incandescent lightbulb on low
- COMBAT ALLERGENS: Helps reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes over 99% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, bacteria and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps light household odors from smoking, pets and cooking
- MOST AWARDED AIR PURIFIER BRAND IN THE US: Blue Pure 211+ has won Good Housekeeping – 10 Best Air Purifiers of 2021, Best Overall Air Purifier; Wirecutter Pick - The Best Air Purifier - 2019 - 2022
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR PERFORMANCE & SAFETY, ZERO OZONE: AHAM Verifide for CADR; Ozone Safety Standards Certified by CARB; Zero Ozone Verified (
Best Air Purifier for Pollen Allergies – Most of us spend a significant amount of our day inside. These indoor spaces can be full of air pollutants that aggravate conditions like allergies and asthma.
Air purifiers are portable devices that you can use in an indoor space to reduce unwanted air particles. There are many types of purifiers available.
We asked an internist about what to look for in an air purifier, and what types of air purifiers she recommends for allergies. Read on to learn more.