Best Air Purifier for Smog – From the above list of air purifiers, it is evident that the best air purifier for anyone living close to a high traffic road should come with at least 3 filters. Part of the filter assembly should be activated carbon filters, useful in removing bad odors and fumes. A HEPA filter, preferably a medical-grade one, should be part of the filter assembly.
It is useful in the elimination of microorganisms and other smaller particles measuring 0.3 microns thick. Pre-filters and medium filters help in removing large-sized and medium-sized particles, respectively. With such a machine, no smoke particle or odor would escape back into the air.
All the reviewed product are best for traffic pollution but the list wouldn’t be complete without including Dyson air purifier. That is why it was included after all.
Dyson is the best of them all when it comes to picking the best technology oriented to fight traffic pollution but it fails the use in car. its actually meant for residential areas closer to busy road that is often traffic congestedback to menu ↑
1.Coway Airmega 300
- Coway Airmega 300 room air purifier is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 1,256 square feet and cleans the air at least two times per hour when used as recommended.
- Coway Airmega Max2 filter – combined activated carbon and True HEPA filter – captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces more than 99% of volatile organic compounds and reduces fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO. It also includes washable and permanent pre-filter to catch larger dust particles.
- Coway Airmega’s pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED ring lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day.
- Coway Airmega has five fan modes: Smart, Sleep, Low, Medium and High. The noise level is nearly silent at lower speeds and the max noise it creates at the highest setting is 43.2 dB.
- Smart mode with three settings, Coway Airmega smart air purifier adapts to its surroundings. Fan speed automatically adjusts based on the room’s air quality and lighting conditions to improve air quality.
- Coway Airmega has a timer for 1, 2, 4 and 8 hours and filter lifetime indicator for both washable pre-filter and Max2 filter.
- Coway Airmega 300 is Energy Star certified and consumes 56 watts.
- Limited manufacture’s warranty covers any internal malfunctions for 1 year and motor and electronic parts for 5 years. Filters are excluded.
- Included Components: Manual
back to menu ↑
- EXTRA LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – The Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps to make the air you breathe cleaner. Recommended for extra-large rooms (465 square feet), it helps capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- HELPS REDUCE ALLERGENS & CERTAIN GERMS - This HEPA air purifier has 3 air cleaning levels + Turbo Clean. It helps capture particles like pet dander, pollen, dust and smoke. It reduces up to 99.9% of certain airborne viruses, bacteria and mold spores.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in extra-large 465 square feet. Rooms up to 5 times an hour – 120x per day. You can breathe easy knowing the air in your home is cleaner with fewer allergens.
- No.1 BRAND RECOMMENDED BY ALLERGISTS – Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier, the Doctor’s Choice, is the No.1 brand recommended by allergists. Backed with a 5-year warranty, Honeywell air purifiers are a trusted partner in the fight against airborne particles.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE – For best performance, use only Genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
- DIMENSIONS: 10.83" D x 20.08" W x 22.32" H; WEIGHT: 17.26 pounds. Control panel adjustable lighting (bright/dim/off)
back to menu ↑
- The next generation of the wildly popular Winix 9500 Ultimate Pet Air Purifier
- True HEPA filtration captures 99. 97percent of airborne pollutants, pet dander and allergens as small as 0. 3 microns
- Washable Advanced Odor Control (AOCTM) Carbon Filter captures pet odors as well as smoke, kitchen and other household odors. Also extends the life of the True HEPA filter.
- Ultimate pet pre-filter is the first line of defense against pet hair, dander, and large household particles
- Washable pre-filter extends the life of your filter by capturing pet hair and larger airborne particles
- Plasma wave technology Safely breaks apart odors, allergens, chemical vapors, and other pollutants at the molecular level
- AHAM Verified for 300 square feet capacity
- Material Type: Resin, Plastic
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric
back to menu ↑
- The Dyson Pure Hot Cool purifies, heats, and cools you delivering multi functionality, without compromise.Automatically detects airborne particles and gases, then diagnoses and reports them in real time.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- CAPTURES: The sealed HEPA filter captures 99; 97 Percent of allergens as small as 0; 3 microns makes this an ideal air purifier for allergies, pets, dust, pollen and mold spores
- PROJECTS: Projects purified air throughout the whole room; Air Multiplier technology delivers over 77 gallons per second of smooth, yet powerful airflow; Up to 350 degree of oscillation directs airflow where you need it
- HEATING: Can be used for long range personal heating or fast, even room heating
- MULTI FUNCTIONALITY: Space Heater; Tower Fan; and HEPA Air Purifier; In 1 backward airflow mode purifies without cooling or heating you
- OTHER FEATURES: Sleep timer, oscillation, 10 Air Speed settings and automatic shut off if tipped over
- Certified asthma and allergy friendly and awarded the quiet Mark accreditation
- Other product listings for non authorized 3rd party sellers are not covered by official Dyson
- Night-time mode:Monitors and purifies using the quietest settings, with a dimmed display
back to menu ↑
- Recommended for medium rooms, completely filters air in master bedroom, living room or playroom about every 12 mins (5x an hour at 388 square feet) on high
- Intuitive Auto mode, automatically adjusts to real-time conditions reported by the particle sensor to maintain a comfortable home environment
- Combination filter, carbon traps light odors, HEPASilent technology removes 99.97 percentage of airborne particles down to 0.1 micron, like pollen, dust, and viruses
- Low noise and energy, Cleans the air with noise levels equivalent to a soft whisper on low (23-53 dB)
- Customize freely, washable fabric pre-filter in Arctic Trail (gray) included, Additional pre-filter colors inspired by Scandinavian nature sold separately
- Regulatory Model Number 3431101000
back to menu ↑
- Molekule Air Mini uses Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) nanotechnology to destroy viruses, VOCs, allergens, bacteria & mold.
- Designed for small rooms up to 250 sq. ft. Ideal for studio apartments, kids’ bedrooms & home offices.
- Smart & Connected – Molekule Air Mini is easy to control using its one-touch interface. For added convenience, you can connect it to your WiFi and control it remotely using the iPhone or Android app.
- Optimal – With 5 fan speeds to choose from, you can customize your purification needs, from whisper quiet, to boost.
- Portable – With its natural wool felt handle, Molekule Air Mini can be easily carried and placed anywhere in the home.
- No ozone. No worries – Not only does Molekule Air Mini not emit ozone, it destroys it.
- Molekule PECO-Filters purify air thanks to a proprietary coating. Only Molekule-branded filters are warrantied for use with Molekule air purifiers.
- Recommended replacement for average use: every 6 months. Automatic filter refill delivery available. See manufacturer's website.
- Includes 1 PECO-Filter to last about 6 months with average use.
back to menu ↑
- Four stage filter provides complete spectrum of air cleaning, helping remove sub-micron particles, noxious gases and chemicals.
- Stage 1: Large Particle Pre filter removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g.dust, hair and pet dander)
- Stage 2: Medium Particle Pre filter helps remove small to medium size particles (e.g.molds, spores and pollen)
- Stage 3: About 15 lbs. of Activated Carbon and Zeolite. Helps removes chemicals, gases and odors.
- Stage 4: 60 sq.ft.of Certified HEPA Removes 99.97 percent of all particles larger than 0.3 microns.
back to menu ↑
- High Performance: Enjoy fresh air in 12 minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 refreshes the air 5x per hour in rooms as large as 219 ft² / 20 m²
- Find Relief: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- Multiple Filter Choices: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and VOCs. And if you’re a pet owner, try the Pet Allergy Filter to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors.
- Most Silent Air Cleaner: Choose Sleep Mode at night and then forget all about your air purifier while you sleep. QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise levels to a near-silent 24dB, ensuring the Core 300 won’t get in the way of a good night’s rest.
- Sleek Design: The Core 300 practically serves your home while blending in with your decor. Its award-winning design (Red Dot, 2020) and modern white finish help your air purifier fit anywhere in your home/bedroom/room.
- Undisturbed Operation: Display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter life time indicator for your convenience
- Full Certified for Safer: Energy Star Verified, Complies with California air resources board (CARB) for indoor cleaning devices. Also FCC certified, ETL listed, CA PROP 65 certified
- Ozone Free: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV/Ion light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
back to menu ↑
- RECOMMENDED FOR: Dust, dander, allergens, pet fur PLUS heavy odors from pets, litter boxes, cooking, stinky diapers, and garbage. Perfect for large rooms, offices, schools, and open spaces.
- ODORCELL FILTER: Helps relieve allergy and asthma symptoms PLUS includes a patented molecular conversion powder to eliminate strong household odors.
- TRUE HEPA: Includes a Medical Grade H13 True HEPA layer that captures 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron. True HEPA filters last 3-5 months longer than standard filters.
- AIR QUALITY SENSOR LIGHT: Blue = Excellent, Orange = Fair, Red = Bad air quality (high levels of particles). On "auto mode" the sensor will adjust the speed of the fan to clean the air more efficiently.
- ULTRA QUIET: Cleans 1100 SqFt every 30 minutes and eliminates airborne pollutants fast. Perfectly tuned to generate soothing pink noise - a frequency to help you sleep up to better.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE: Designed by NASA airflow engineers and built with high precision. The BreatheSmart Classic has a long service life with a lifetime warranty. CARB Certified. Includes one BF35-MP True HEPA filter
back to menu ↑
- ESSENTIAL AIR PURIFIER - Engineered to generate a positive pressure bubble to keep bad air out. Wynd personal portable air purifier traps particles such as pollen, pet dander, dust, and pollution in a silver infused, medical grade air filter. This system automatically adjusts itself to clean air fast or slow based on your local official air quality stations.
- APP INTEGRATED - Remotely monitor your air quality, control your WYND devices, and observe air quality trends for optimal health and comfort. Wynd personal air purifier includes the Wynd app to control multiple modes and purifier settings as well as check the air quality from thousands of stations globally. (Note: Essential does not come with a built-in Wynd Tracker)
- POWERFUL DESIGN - Speed and power in the palm of your hand. Designed by engineers from NASA and MIT, Wynd air purifiers are powerful enough to remove 99.99% of pollutants in a car cabin in under 15 minutes by purifying up to 8 liters of air per second.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE - Breathe clean air no matter where life takes you. Wynd Essential is as small as a water bottle and can fit in a cup-holder, so you can use it anywhere: airplane, car, office, small rooms, inside baby strollers, and more. When it's not plugged in, Wynd Essential lasts for about 8 hours on normal use.
- FILTRATION TECHNOLOGY - With a large purification rate to size ratio and a filter that lasts up to 3 months, Wynd is ready to clean your air literally anywhere. Through the app, we can calculate the filter life and track air pollution around the filter—as well as airflow level and usage duration. We can also tell you how used up the filter is and alert you when it’s time to order a replacement.
back to menu ↑
Best Air Purifier for Smog – BUYER’S GUIDE
The first thing to think when selecting your car purifier for traffic pollution is the portability. Most vehicles are not as big as a room, hence the need for a smaller air cleaner. In fact, it must come in handy in such a way that the car movement doesn’t affect its stability in your vehicle.
- Air contamination removal capacity:
One of the primary attribute to bear in mind when choosing the best traffic air purifier in a polluted atmosphere, is its ability to deal with the contaminations released from pollutants.
Firstly, there are tiny particles that are released from the exhaust fumes of cars in traffic zones, and for these particles to be successfully filtered off, the air purifier must contain a HEPA filter.
The next type of air contamination to be dealt with are gases released from exhaust fumes such as Nitrogen Dioxide, these are actually more difficult to filter out because they are not particles and cannot be trapped in the HEPA filter. The molecules of gases are so small that they go through the HEPA filter easily and unobstructed. To remove these gases, the air filter you go for must also contain an activated carbon filter.
Activated Carbon filters are the only types that can absorb harmful gases. You should beware, however, because many air purifiers which claim to have these filters inside has just a little amount activated and isn’t really efficient in dealing with the gases.
In summary, for a purifier to be considered as a HEPA, it must be able to filter 99.97% of particles that have a greater size ≥ 0.3µm. This is one of the considerations for picking our best air purifier for car pollution.
Another thing to consider when making a choice on the type of air purifier for traffic pollutions is the design and portability. The design of the air cleaner should be pleasant and add a decorative factor when placed in your vehicle, in such a way that it can confidently be displayed instead of having to be removed and kept at various locations.
It should also be really small in size for an easy handle and convenience, mobility is also a factor to consider because it would be better if your air purifier could be removed and fixed at any time as opposed to being attached permanently.
- Made of top quality base materials:
The base material used in making an air Purifier must be one which can absorb pollutants from the air in an efficient manner. For example, air cleaners with pleated paper as their base would not be a good option to go for because the pleated paper does very little to absorb pollutants from the air unlike air purifiers made with polyester as their base, which absorbs pollutants easily.
- Filter quality:
The filter of the Air purifier must be such that after absorbing pollutants, it keeps them trapped and not re-release them into the air. For excellent filtering attributes, a sticky adhesive is mostly used in order to ensure that particles absorbed are not going to come back to bite you. The filter should also be able to a trap and contain nasty odors, it does this mostly using a particular carbon layer that absorbs smells and purifies them.
- Extra-value qualities:
Depending on your choice of preference, you could go for air purifiers with low noise of operation for comfort or decide to get one with an easy to disassemble body, for the sake of replacing the filters in the future. There are so many other qualities that you check out before getting an Air purifier based on design, most of them are stated in the product description.back to menu ↑
Do you live close to a busy road? Are you tired of having to remember closing the windows and doors all the time to keep the smoke and dust at bay? Are you tired of allergic reactions or throat irritants? If one or all of these are your situations, you certainly need to make some adjustments to your life, but that doesn’t include moving out of your roadside property.