Best Air Purifier for Smoke Under 100 – The market is flooded with cheap air purifiers and it can seem to the untrained eye that there is a lot of choice in the market.
The reality is that at this end of the market is full of poorly built products that are unlikely to do anything for cigarette smoke.
Even the brands that we love some products like Levoit have some stinkers – We love the H13 at $99 but the slightly cheaper LV-H132 is an absolute stinker that should be avoided.
So it really is a minefield to choose a purifier that will actually help.
Most of these cheap air purifiers are generally very small so they can be used in spaces that more expensive units couldn’t such as a shed or in trendy speak, the “man cave.”
If your budget is stuck at the $100 then I hope my list of 3 air purifiers under $100 is useful and as always let me know if you have any other recommendations or if you have had any issues with the air purifiers mentioned.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.LEVOIT Air Purifier
- Designed in California. The UVC Light and Anion that other Brands adopt to purify air could produce a kind of air pollutant-Ozone, which is especially harmful for the children, Asthma sufferers and pets. Levoit air purifiers never use these for 100% Ozone free
- Advanced 3-Stage Filtration System: The Pre-Filter, True HEPA Filter, and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter capture allergens, pet hair, dander, smoke, mold, odor and large dust particles, in addition to removing 99. 97% of airborne contaminants as small as 0. 3 microns
- Genuine Replacement Filters: Search for B06XD7X81D for Replacement filter. Use genuine Levoit replacement filters to maintain the best performance and to ensure what you're buying is worthy of your investment
- Adjustable Speeds with Silence: Three speed settings (low, medium, high) to meet different air quality and personal needs. Purify the air with only 25 dB on low level, suitable for restful environment and sleep time
- High-Efficiency Air Purifier: Circulates room air over 4 times per hour to achieve rapid purification. Unique size and contemporary design make the Levoit air purifier suitable for small or medium-sized rooms, like offices and dorms
- Smart Filter Change Reminder: Built-in Replacement Indicator reminds you when you need to replace your filter. It is recommended to replace your filter every 6-8 months depending on the use and air quality
- Night Light: Choose between two brightness settings at night to help you see in the evening or turn the light off entirely to create your ideal sleep environment for an undisturbed slumber
back to menu ↑
2.PARTU HEPA Air Purifier
- 【Air Purifier With Fragrance Sponge】Add a drop of essential oil (Not Included) and some water into sponge below the purifier air outlet, then fragrance will flow with air movements.
- 【Lock Set】It's efficient to avoid error operation caused by pet or child's during their curiosity. (Keep pressing the Lock button for 3 seconds to start avoiding touching mode.) Three fan settings let you control the speed and volume of the Air purifier.
- 【Efficient Three-Stage System】Effective area 107sq.ft/ 10m² (bedroom/ office). 12 Watts; 0.8 A(A voltage converter is needed if you want to use this air purifier beyond the US.)
- 【Black Case And Sleek Design】Compact enough to fit on your desk.
- 【Note for First Time Use】Before operating the air purifier, please remove the plastic bags of the filter. The filter should be replaced every 3-6 months according to the air quality in your area and the usage of the air purifier to ensure the best results.
back to menu ↑
3.RENPHO HEPA Air Purifier
- Allergies Relieved with Upgraded 5-Stage Filtration: Compared with the 3-stage filtration system of other brands, RENPHO air purifiers for home upgrades to 5-stage filtration system (pre-filter, intercept bacteria coating, H13 true HEPA filter, carbon filter, net filter) can effectively relieve sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants by capturing particles as small as 0.3 micros in the air to such as dust, smoke, pollen, odors, pet hair, mold, VOCs.
- Rapid Purification for Rooms: With a CADR rate of 100 CFM (170㎡/h) and 360° air intake, this air purifier for allergies circulates an entire room's air in spaces up to 720 sq.ft (66m³) 1x per hour, 240 sq.ft (22m³) 3x per hour. Air purifier for mold perfect for bedrooms, living rooms, nurseries, kitchens, dorms, offices, etc. Fan speeds of air cleaner for bedroom are adjustable in 1, 2, 3 stages.
- Quiet Sleep Operation & Timer: With the lowest 26db white noise, this air purifier for bedroom won't affect your sleep, work or study. It is perfect for a restful and soothing indoor environment. 3 timers options (2h/4h/8h) enables the air cleaner for mold to run only when you need it. The lock function avoids error operation.
- Filter Change Indicator: The replacement indicator flashes in red to remind you to replace the air filter. We highly recommend replacing the filter every 6-8 months depending on the usage frequency and the air quality to ensure the best results. 2 kinds of genuine RENPHO replacement filters for your selection. Search "RP-AP088-f1" for pet allergy (pre-installed), and "RP-AP088-f2" for mold and bacteria (sold separately).
- Soothing Night Light: With the white light and multi-color changing light mode, Renpho air purifier for pets offer a gentle and calming glow for children and pets, accompany them through bedroom time.
back to menu ↑
- Purify Your Air – Protect your family from home air pollutants like dust, pollen, pet dander, pet hair, odors, smoke, and VOC’s. Our 5-in-1 true HEPA air purifier captures particles you can’t see, filtering 99.97% of pollutants as small as 0.3 microns.
- Breathe Easier – Nothing feels better than breathing clean air. Read our 9,000+ reviews and see just how much our air purifier has helped with common allergy symptoms like sneezing, coughing, and irritated eyes.
- Remove Odors, Smoke, & VOC's – Both an air cleaner and odor eliminator, our air purifier features a unique honeycomb activated-carbon filter that absorbs odors, smoke, and VOC’s. Ozone-safe and fully approved by CARB, an anion generator can be separately turned on to target the most stubborn odors like litter boxes, cigarettes, and old homes.
- Smart Air Purifier – In AUTO mode, a smart air quality sensor detects pollutants in your air, making adjustments to the fan speed in real-time. A digital display on the unit reveals your air quality level, so you always know what you’re breathing.
- What You Get – Smart air purifier, 4-in-1 true HEPA filter set, remote control, manual, 2-year warranty, award-winning customer support 7 days a week, and the peace of mind that comes from a trusted American brand.
back to menu ↑
- Have A Great Air Day: The Vremi premium air purifier utilizes a True HEPA H13 with 99.97% efficiency to purify the surrounding air in your bedroom, living room, home office, and other medium to large size indoor spaces.
- Powerful 3-Stage Filtration: Includes ultra-fine pre-filter, True HEPA filter and activated carbon filter for enhanced odor reduction. Features a long-lasting filter with a whopping 4320 hour run-time (~180 days). Important: The included filter (located inside the air purifier) ships with a protective plastic sleeve. Please remove the plastic sleeve from the filter before use.
- Smart Air Quality Monitor and Filter Change Indicator: Features a built-in sensor that measures and displays air quality level (blue, green, orange or red) and automatically adjusts the fan speed (low, medium or high) in real-time. This compact and clean white appliance also includes a helpful reset indicator that flashes to let you know it’s time to replace the HEPA filter.
- Modern Design with Sleep Friendly Features: Measures 15.5 inches high and 8.7 inches in diameter, and features a 360-degree aerodynamic air intake to maximize purification. Operates more quietly than other air purifiers, with a max noise of 52 dB on its highest setting. Includes warm night light with customizable brightness levels, as well as a built-in timer for added convenience.
back to menu ↑
Getting a decent air purifier for cheap is always tricky and let’s be honest, less than $100 is super cheap in the world of air purifiers which can be up to 1000 dollars for medical units.
One of the most challenging smells and a big issue for any air purifier system is smoke, this could be cigarette smoke, cigars, or second-hand smoke from neighbors. If you are interested in non-smoke causing devices like vaping, then be sure to check out our recently updated guide as the advice is very different.
When we are looking at air purifiers for cigarette smoke we are looking for a large charcoal filter which are generally expensive. The reason is that carbon filters work by capturing tobacco smoke and work best when they have a large surface area – the more carbon the more $$.