Best Air Purifier for Weed Odor – As the law states you can’t smoke weed in public, you can be left with the extremely potent odor in your home. The smell can differ with different types of strains, but it will still stick to clothes, hair, and furniture that will be noticeable to visitors to your home. Or you may not even smoke but be burdened with the smell that has drifted over from a neighbor.
If you’re someone who enjoys smoking, you know how arduous it can be to get rid of the smell of smoke. This is especially true for marijuana smokers more so than cigarette smokers since weed smoke tends to be a lot more potent than tobacco.
What you need to get rid of marijuana smoke and its odor is an adequate air purifier. That said, in this article, we go over the most effective air purifiers for weed smoke, so you may want to stick around for a while.
1.Alen 45i Air Purifier
The BreatheSmart 45i by Alen has been featured before in our lists. It’s the most expensive of our picks but for good reason. This unit is ideal for rooms up to 800sq.ft. and will make easy work of cleaning air when smoking weed indoors. With four different speeds to choose from, you can crank it up when smoking with a group of friends.
There’s an option to customize the filter to get exactly what you need out of it. For weed, we suggest going for the ‘FreshPlus’ option. This three-stage True HEPA filter is packed full of activated carbon to eliminate chemical toxins and odors created by smoke, cleaning the smell of cannabis out of the air. It lasts around 10-12 months which keeps costs down.
Pros & Cons
- REPLACEMENT AIR FILTER: For BreatheSmart Flex & 45i Air Purifiers ONLY. Find your model number on the top panel below the power button to ensure you get the right HEPA filter. It purifies 800sqft every 30 minutes and is helpful for 9-12 months.
- B4-PURE FILTER: Ideal for medium, large, and extra-large spaces, including living rooms, bedrooms, nurseries, laundry rooms, bathrooms, offices, kitchens, basements, and more! It traps allergens, pollen, fur, pet dander, mildew, and aerosolized viruses.
- MEDICAL-GRADE PROTECTION: 3-Stage H13 True HEPA filtration captures 99.99% of particles as small as 0.1 microns. HEPA air filtration is the third of five stages where the air filter traps viruses, bacteria, mold spores, and smoke with activated carbon.
- 5 AIR QUALITY COLORS: A Laser Smart Sensor detects airborne particles and auto-displays the current air quality. Blue = Excellent, Green = Good, Orange = Fair, Red = Poor, Purple = Bad air quality (high particle levels).
- PERFECT GIFT WITH A RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Alen air purifiers aim to maintain our community’s health and wellness with cleaner pure air. From back-to-school preparations for classrooms, doctor’s offices, hotels, casinos, bars, lounges, restaurants, and most importantly your home, our air purifiers offer air filtration to everyone. A great gift for smokers and pet owners who need to improve their indoor air quality caring for their loved ones.
The AeraMax 300 is the flagship unit from American family company Fellowes. Working at its best in rooms from 300-600 sq.ft. this unit falls into our mid-range category. There’s an easy to navigate touch screen control panel on the front to adjust fan speed and engage its trademarked Aera+ Mode which acts like a turbo mode.
The AeraMax boasts a 4-stage “hospital-type” filtration system which contains the activated carbon filter we’re looking for, True HEPA, an antimicrobial treatment that prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria, and an ionizer that removes pollutants. We usually try to avoid ionizers as some emit harmful ozone toxins, but the AeraMax 300 is certified by the AAFA (Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America) to comply with their standards.
Pros & Cons
- 4-stage hospital-type filtration: effectively purifies air in large rooms 300 - 600 square feet
- AeraSmart sensor: monitors the air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air purified
- True HEPA filter with AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment: safely removes 99.97% of viruses, germs, allergens, mold and dust
- PlasmaTrue Technology: optional setting that utilizes ionization to help safely remove airborne pollutants
- Aera+ mode: increases air change by 35% for allergy and cold/flu seasons
3.Blueair Air Purifier
Blueair is a well-respected name in the air purifier game. For our budget option, we’ve chosen the Blue Pure 411. This smaller unit comes in around $100 and is great for portability. The 411 is most effective in rooms up to 161 sq.ft. which means it’ll be pretty ineffective in a room filled with weed smoke, but will do the job of keeping the odor out of other rooms you don’t directly smoke in.
The three-stage filter on this guy may be small, but in the right setting works really hard. There’s a fabric pre-filter on the exterior which comes in different colors to match your style, a particle filter, and the activated carbon filter for odor-causing bacteria and VOCs.
Pros & Cons
- HEPASilent technology removes particles like dust, PM 2.5 Pollutants up to 99.97%
- Small rooms like doom room and nursery (100~161 ft2)
- 3-Stage Filtration System; Washable Pre-Filter, Particle, Carbon Filter
- 360 degree air-intake
- Quiet Mode. Sound level: 17~16 decibel
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
Back to the high end of the spectrum is the RabbitAir MinusA2. This high tech unit can be both free-standing or wall mounted to suit your needs, comes in either white, black, or for the true artist you can get customized front panels. This purifier will cover an area of 815 sq.ft. but we recommend getting the best out of by using it in a room up to 600 sq.ft.
In terms of filters, the MinusA2 has six of them! As well as the usual suspects (True HEPA, activated carbon filter, etc.) this purifier comes with an option of a customized filter, which for our purposes, we would recommend going for the “Odor Remover”. Running this unit at a high speed with this combination of filters will clear the air rapidly when you’re smoking weed indoors.
Pros & Cons
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- 5 Year Warranty
- Germ Defense customized filter: Effectively traps and reduces airborne bacteria, mold spores and particles that carry viruses.
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 700 sq. ft.
TruSens units have a different design approach to most of the purifiers on the market. The tower-like cylinder almost resembles a building from the Hong Kong skyline. The top of the unit uses dual airflow to distribute the clean air evenly throughout the room. This flagship larger model covers up to 750 sq.ft and slots nicely into the mid-range.
The Z-3000 houses a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, activated carbon filter, and a UV-C light filter which helps with the odor-causing bacteria we mentioned before and because of its circular design, captures odors from 360 degrees. Combining the four-stage filter with its turbo fifth speed, the TruSens will make light work of eliminating your weed smoke smell.
Pros & Cons
- REIMAGINE CLEAN AIR: The filter is at the core of purifying your air. Filter replacement is essential for your purifier to perform at its best.
- HEPA FILTER: The TruSens combination filter has been engineered to collect microscopic particles, allergens and volatile organic components (VOC’s), and odorous gases.
- REMOVES POLLUTANTS: TruSens HEPA Type filter removes pollutants as small as 0.3 microns – that’s roughly 30 times smaller than a strand of hair. Draws in the air from all directions, collecting pollutants such basic household odors and airborne allergens. Replace every 12 - 15 months (depending on usage).
- TRUSENS COMPATIBLE: Our simple, easy to use TruSens filters are designed for you and your lifestyle. The large DuPont Standard HEPA Replacement Filter is only compatible with the Z-3000 TruSens Air Purifier.
6.SilverOnyx Air Purifier
Starting off our list of the best air filters for weed smoke is the highly popular SilverOnyx Air Purifier, with its powerful 5-stage filtration system and incredible coverage. It’s also a compact device that can be moved around with ease, and it won’t really set you back much, price-wise.
The SilverOnyx Air Purifier is equipped with a mesh pre-filter that helps capture larger particles like pet dander and hair before passing the air to the attached HEPA filter. The HEPA filter, on the other hand, helps filter out smaller particles that are smaller than 0.3 microns such as dust and allergens. It flaunts an efficacy percentage of around 99.97%, so it’s a True HEPA filter.
Pros & Cons
- Air Purifiers for Home Large Room: True Hepa H13 charcoal filter captures 99.97% of dust as small as 0.3 microns; such as airborne dust, pet hair, odors, and other household dust
- 5 Stages of Air Cleaning: Advanced purification for the cleanest air quality; A combination filter cartridge with mesh pre-filter and Hepa H13 activated carbon filter, plus a UV light and Ion generator to freshen air even further
- True Hepa Filtration: High quality air purifier with a True Hepa H13 filter that captures 99.97% of particles including ultra-fine dust, smoke, fiber and pet hair
- Clean Air Ionizer: The SilverOnyx Hepa air purifier with ionizer, UV light, and activated carbon filter; The most sophisticated air purification technologies for the freshest air; A 2.5 Pm (particulate matter) sensor automatically adjusts air flow to ensure consistently high quality air
- Air Purifiers for Home Large Room: best bedroom aire cleaner allergies h13 carbon casa clean cleaners dander dorm dust fan feet filter filters filtration h13 hair hepa living rooms machine office mold pet pets purifer purificador purifier reusable siler silver onyx silveronyx small smoke smokers square true uv
The GermGuardian AC5350B is yet another reliable air purifier that can be used to get rid of any type of smoke, whether it’s weed smoke, cigarette smoke, or wildfire smoke. This can very well be regarded as the best air purifier for smoke, but it offers less functionality than the SilverOnyx at an almost similar price point, which is why it’s our runner-up.
Like many of the products on our list, the AC5350B utilizes a 4-stage filtration setup consisting of a pre-filter, True HEPA filter, activated charcoal filter, and an optional UV-C light feature rather than an air ionization functionality. Please note that the existence of a UV-C light feature makes this a non-Ozone-free unit, so it’s not recommended for those who suffer from asthma.
Pros & Cons
- 4-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER - True HEPA air filter removes up to 99.97% of harmful dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS - Activated charcoal filter helps remove unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- QUIET MODE - Ultra-quiet sleep mode with a programmable timer helps you get a good night’s rest with cleaner air
Best Air Purifier for Weed Odor – There are ways of minimizing the odor left from smoking weed indoors. The most effective way is to introduce an air purifier into the home.
This will filter out the odor made from smoking and replace it with fresh clean air. If you’re looking for a unit to help with smoking weed indoors, you should consider investing in a high-powered purifier with a strong carbon filter. To tackle odors coming from outside, you may be able to reduce the smell with a smaller unit.