best Air Purifier with Permanent Filter – As you may have noticed, the realm of air purifiers with washable/permanent filters is a dynamic one, with each model being as unique as the next. They all have their own sets of pros and cons, so careful consideration is needed to make an informed purchase.
In the end, we think that the Winix 5500-2 is the greatest of them all. It has managed to offer a formidable lineup of filters and technology while maintaining a reasonable price. It’s also the only air purifier on this list that handles everything: germs, particles, VOCs, odor, and smoke. It’s not perfect, but the pros massively outweigh the cons.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- OSCILLATING AIR PURIFIER: This air purifier circulates air & helps capture up to 99% of airborne particles as small as 2 microns such as smoke, dust, pollen, and pet dander from the air that passes through the filter.
- PERMANENT FILTERS: This tower air purifier features 3 cleaning levels, on/off oscillation control & washable permanent pre-filter & Clean filter. It's Energy Star-certified for energy efficiency.
- HONEYWELL QUALITY REPLACEMENT FILTERS: The included filter helps reduce odors and VOCs. Each air purifier's performance is tested as a system with the filters for best efficiency.
- FILTER & CIRCULATE: Honeywell Air Purifiers filter & circulate air in the stated room size up to 5 times an hour. Breathe easy knowing the air in your home is fresher & cleaner with fewer allergens.
- HONEYWELL QUALITY: Improve your air quality & neutralize odors for a clean & healthy breathing experience year round with Honeywell replacement filters for air cleaners & purifiers.
back to menu ↑
2.Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- Product has no extra filters
back to menu ↑
- High Performance Hepa Grade Filter: Captures 99% of pet dander, dust, dust mites, pollen, and mold / mildew spores as small as 3 microns from the air.
- Easy to clean: Allergen reducing air purifier has a permanent Hepa-grade filter that easily vacuums clean.
- Compact, stylish design: Allergen reducing air purifier is perfect in the office or in rooms up to 160 square feet
- Versatile air care that fits anywhere: Position the unit vertically or horizontally to best fit in your bedroom, den, nursery, hallway or living room at home or at the office.
- Quiet and powerful: Use whisper clean for extra quiet operation at night, the medium setting or the quick clean setting for more powerful air cleaning.
- 3 versatile speed settings: Air purifier has three versatile speed settings that give you ultimate control. Use quiet setting at night or quick setting for powerful air cleaning.
- Use how you want, where you want: this air cleaner works standing up or on its side.
back to menu ↑
4.Blueair Blue Pure 211+
- Advanced Swedish Design: Swedish Filter Technology Captures 99% of Airborne Pollutants Like Viruses, Pollen, Dust, Pet Dander, Mold, Bacteria and More
- Eliminates odors. Activated carbon filter reduces gases, VOCs, and annoying odors from pets, smoking, cooking, wildfires and more
- Colorful. Includes machine washable fabric pre-filters in diva blue and dark shadow. Leave the mesh filter housing exposed for a Scandinavian look
- Quiet. No louder than a whisper on the lowest speed (31 decibel.) and equivalent to the noise level of rainfall on the highest setting (56 decibel.)
- Low energy consumption. Rated by energy star for low energy consumption (30–60 w). Energy consumption: 30 – 61 watts. Sound level-31 - 56 dB(A)
- Independently tested. Performance Certified by Aham to filter room air 5x an hour in medium to large bedrooms, living rooms and spaces up to 540 square feet
- EPA Establishment 90081-CHN-001
back to menu ↑
5.OION Technologies B-1000
- SAVE MONEY AND THE ENVIRONMENT - With just 7.5W of ultra-low energy consumption and no costly filters to replace, the purifier is a bargain for you and the environment. Size: 17"(H) x 6"(W) x 7"(D).
- Electrostatic Ionizer Purification - Negative ions (O1) remove airborne pollutants as small as .01 micron such as allergens, pollen, mold, smoke, pet dander, unpleasant odors, dust, and other airborne irritants.
- Whisper Quiet Purification Fan and Night Light - Silently draws air in for purification and cleans and sanitizes the air around you.
- Carbon Filtration and Ozone Power (O3) < 0.05 ppm - Reduces odors, freshens the air, and absorbs volatile airborne pollutants.
- UVGI technology - Kills germs, viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms that cause disease.
back to menu ↑
Air purifiers are some of the most valuable products to keep in the home–but their recurring costs with filters can be a big problem.
Air purifier filters accumulate debris and pollutants and lose their effectiveness over time to the point where they become completely unusable. That means that if you want an air purifier that keeps working indefinitely, you will need to consider replacement filters.
This article explores air purifier options with at least one permanent/washable filter. This means that some of them may come with a reusable filter along with conventional ones that still need to be replaced, but they nevertheless will offer lower costs in the long run by being cheaper to maintain.