Best Air Purifier With Washable Filter – Using an air purifier with a reusable filter can save you money and time in the long run. However, these tend to be less effective compared to replaceable filters as they’re of lower quality.
When searching for the best air purifier with permanent washable filters, consider the room it will cover. We also recommend that you look for good CADR ratings to ensure effectiveness.
Pros & Cons
- OSCILLATING AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietCleanOscillating Air Purifiermakesthe air in yourhome cleaner. It circulates air in a medium room(up to 170 sq. ft)&helps capture up to 99% of airborne particles as small as 2 microns
- HELPS REMOVE DUST AND MORE -This quietair purifierhas 3 air cleaning levels that can help remove particles like pet dander, pollen, dustandsmoke. Also hasan on/off oscillation control and LED touch button control panelfor easy adjustment
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION –Honeywell Air Purifiers for homefilter and circulate air up to 5 times an hourin the stated room size–120x per day. You can breathe easy knowing the air in your home is fresher, cleaner and has fewer allergens
- PERMANENT FILTERS –This home air purifierincludes a permanent washable filterand 2 pre-filters to choose from.One is installed and washable, or the other pre-filter helps reduce odors and VOCs.For washable filters,simply rinse with water and let dry
- A BRAND YOUCAN TRUST–Backed with a 5-year warranty, Honeywell air purifiersare a trusted partner in the fight against airborne particles
As one of the first air purifiers from Honeywell, the Honeywell HFD-120-Q is exactly what this brand needs to respond to the trending of tower air purifiers creating by Guardian Technologies and Coway.
The upgrade to the HFD-010 is an Amazon’s Choice for air purifier, which is recommended by more than 1000 customers. So, are you ready for our honest Honeywell HFD-120-Q Review today?
2.Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
Pros & Cons
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- Product has no extra filters
You need to know that the pre-filter is permanent and washable. To get a better output, clean the pre-filter twice a month.
The second stage of the filtration system is the activated carbon filter. Made of activated carbon pellets, the filter helps to reduce household VOCs and odors.
The good news is, this honeycomb carbon filter is also washable. Winix suggests washing the carbon filter every 3 months and replace it after 12 months. Use tap water, and don’t use strong detergents or soaps. Dry the filter well before re-install.
3.Blueair Blue Pure 411
Pros & Cons
- SIMPLE ONE-BUTTON CONTROL: Easily adjust fan as-needed with one button to ensure optimal air quality, including lowering fan speed at night for uninterrupted sleep
- CLEAN AIR IN A MATTER OF MINUTES: Blueair’s HEPASilent dual filtration delivers more clean air using less noise and energy than HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 161sqft small room in about 12.5 min or up to 772sqft XL space in 60min, on high
- CERTIFIED QUIETEST AIR PURIFIER: Quiet Mark approved - quieter (17 dB) than a whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (1.5W) than an LED lightbulb on low so it’s kind to your wallet and the planet
- ASTHMA plus ALLERGY: Removes 99.99% of pollen, helping reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES DOWN TO 0.1 MICRON: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes 99.97% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, viruses and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps light household odors from smoking, pets and cooking
- MOST AWARDED AIR PURIFIER BRAND IN THE US: Blue Pure 411 has won Wirecutter Pick The Best Air Purifier 2019 -2021; Good Housekeeping Lab Pick Best Value Air Purifier 2021; Apartment Therapy Best List Air Purifiers 2020
The Blueair Blue Pure 411 review for people who can’t be bothered to read reviews: one small box with a button on top could be all you need in an air purifier.
While it’s not the best air purifier in the world, Blueair Blue Pure 411, from the people who brought you the T3 Award-winning Blueair Classic 480i, is probably the simplest and least obtrusive. For smaller rooms, or just for carrying around with you from room to room – it’s very light – it’s great.
The Blue Pure 411 is at the exact opposite end of the spectrum from the enormous and industrial-looking Classic 480i. Made in Scandinavia, it’s got a distinctly IKEA vibe – including feeling rather cheap and flimsy, which is of course the negative side of being light-weight and colourful.
4.ENVION – Therapure TPP240
Pros & Cons
- High-performance air purifier that provides ideal air purification for medium to large rooms such as nurseries, bedrooms, or home offices
- Cleanable HEPA-Type filter removes PM 2.5 particles from the air including pollutants such as smoke and other impurities
- Main voltage: 120 V; Capacity: 343 square feet
- Photocatalyst filter reduces VOCs (volatile organic compounds), found in paint or carpet fumes; Sleek design with built-in handle for portability
- Digital control panel with a 24-hour timer function, clean filter indicator, ionizer option, night mode, and 3 fan speed options
For some people, choosing between an air conditioner and an air purifier can be something that’s pretty difficult to do, especially if you’re not very sure about the kind of benefits that each option has to offer. An air conditioner is more readily used for cooling the air, while air purifiers actively eliminate particles from the air.
You should go for the best air purifier if you happen to be particularly sensitive to breathing in low air quality, or you have respiratory issues. The Envion Therapure TPP240 air purifier is a decent option to start out with if you decide to go this route, and with the diverse filtration options, it does have the potential to be the best air purifier with washable filter, as well as the best uv air purifier for you.
5.Oreck Response Air Purifier
Pros & Cons
- RECOMMENDED FOR SMALL TO LARGE SIZED ROOMS: This sleek, modern design makes this air purifier part of any home. It is highly effective capturing 99% of dust and odors in small, medium, or large sized rooms. The Air Quality Indicator Bar lets you know the air quality in the room and will change colors as the air quality increases throughout its use.
- DUSTSENSE TECHNOLOGY: DustSense monitors, detects and responds to deliver cleaner air.
- AIR QUALITY INDICATOR BAR: The Air Quality Indicator Bar changes colors based on the number of particles in your air. The more particles in the air the worse the air quality is. It uses 3 different colors, red for poor air, purple for moderate air, and blue for good air quality.
- POWERFUL 2-STAGE FILTRATION: HEPA Media captures 99% of particles such as dust, pet dander, and cooking smoke. The activated carbon removes offensive odors.
- REPLACEMENT FILTER INDICATOR: Reminds you when it’s time to replace your filters.
- BUILT-IN TIMER: Set the timer for 2, 4 or 8 hours and the air purifier will automatically shut off.
- 2-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: We confidently back our Air Response Air Purifier with a 2-year limited warranty.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: To guarantee an authorized purchase, ensure your product ships from Amazon, Floorcare Direct or Galaxy Vacuum
The Oreck Air Response Medium (WK16001) is an affordable smart air purifier, but its low performance is really a problem. In our today Oreck Air Response Medium Review, we will see if we should upgrade from Oreck Air Response Small to this air purifier or not.
The Oreck Air Response Medium is only for small to medium rooms. If you want an air purifier for larger spaces, you should aim at the Oreck Air Response Large or Oreck Air Response Turbo.
Air purifiers are an excellent way to ensure clean indoor air, but they aren’t cheap. Although the initial price may be pleasing, over time, they can become too expensive to run.
Most air purifiers are fitted with HEPA and activated carbon filters, which require regular replacement. These can quickly become costly. So, having an air purifier with a washable, reusable permanent filter can save you money in the long run.