Best Air urifier for Pet Hair And Dander –
If you have allergies or cringe at the sight of cat hair floating in a sunbeam, the best air purifier can help you breathe easy. There’s a purifier for almost every budget, set of health requirements, and sense of style.
Regardless of which air purifier you choose, remember to look for one with an effective, fast filtration system, enough purification power to clean the rooms in your house, quiet operation, and no harmful emissions.
1.Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
Pros & Cons
If you still hesitate to buy the Winix 5500-2, I know, it is simply because the rivals of this air purifier are too strong. With the drop of price from the brother Winix WAC9500, there are 3 air purifiers with a top-notch performance rating in the same price range.
Both the Coway AP-1512HH and Honeywell HPA300 are the reasons to keep the users from this Winix 5500-2, but luckily, the company change with a tactical discount on this old air purifier. This air purifier is now as affordable as the tower rival device – the Coway AP-1216L.
Pros & Cons
- Unrivaled Performance: The HealthPro Plus is the #1 Rated room air purifier for homes, offices, schools, hospitals, industrial, and commercial sites. Has received more top reviews and awards than any other air purifier. Chosen by the Hong Kong Hospital Authority for both SARS-CoV-1 & SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Superior airflow with the 320-degree EvenFlow Diffuser efficiently filters all the air in large rooms and bedrooms numerous times an hour.
- Medical Grade H14 HyperHEPA Filter: Proven and certified by a third-party testing lab to remove and trap 99.995% of all airborne particles down to 0.003 microns, the HealthPro Plus supplies unequaled protection against bacteria, dust, mold, pollen, pet dander, smoke from wildfires, odors, harmful chemicals like formaldehyde, and more. True HEPA filtration.
- Long Lasting & Cost-Efficient Filters: Three different filters clean the air four different ways. Pre-filter traps coarse particles. Activated carbon adsorption and pelletized chemisorption filter odors and gasses. HyperHEPA traps fine and ultrafine particles. Long-lasting filters – 16 to18 months for the pre-filter, 2 years for the gas and odor filter, 3 years, 9 months to 4 years, 2 months for the HyperHEPA filter - helps save money over the air cleaner’s lifetime, and more eco-friendly.
- Energy Saving and Ultra-quiet Air Cleaner: The HealthPro Plus emits ultra-quiet, low-decibel sound across all four fan speeds. The fan-in-center design places the motor between sound-reducing filters. Doubled-walled housing limits sound. Rubber suspension pads isolate motor vibration from the air cleaner housing. EvenFlow Diffuser deflects sound back into the system. Powerful fan uses only as much electricity as a conventional light bulb, amounting to pennies per day to operate.
- Certified Performance: Each HealthPro Plus air purifier is made in Switzerland and individually tested for total system efficiency. If the system is not delivering 99.97% cleaner air or better, it does not get shipped. The results of the tests are detailed in a hand-signed Certificate of Performance. Every system comes with a 10-year limited warranty. Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery. CARB EO # G-10-059.
In a previous article that awarded the HealthPro Plus with a Best Buy award, titled “Air Supply: Best Buys in Air Purifiers, Humidifiers and Portable Heaters,” Consumers Digest found the HealthPro Plus to be “ideal for allergy sufferers” and praised its ability to clean air in large spaces.
IQAir air purifiers are the only HyperHEPA air cleaners made for the home market. HyperHEPA is the highest standard of HEPA filtration. While most HEPA air purifiers are only tested to filter fine particles down to 0.3 microns in size, patented HyperHEPA technology can filter particles down to 0.003 microns with a guaranteed minimum efficiency of over 99 percent, offering up to 100 times the air cleaning efficiency of traditional HEPA air purifiers.
3.Blueair Blue Pure 211+
Pros & Cons
- SIMPLE ONE-BUTTON CONTROL: Easily adjust fan as-needed with one button to ensure optimal air quality, including lowering fan speed at night for uninterrupted sleep
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair’s HEPASilent dual filtration delivers more clean air using less noise and energy than traditional HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 540sqft large room in about 12.5 min or up to 2592sqft XL space in 60min, on high
- ONE OF THE QUIESTEST AIR PURIFIERS: Quieter (31 dB) than whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (30W) than an incandescent lightbulb on low
- COMBAT ALLERGENS: Helps reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes over 99% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, bacteria and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps light household odors from smoking, pets and cooking
- MOST AWARDED AIR PURIFIER BRAND IN THE US: Blue Pure 211+ has won Good Housekeeping – 10 Best Air Purifiers of 2021, Best Overall Air Purifier; Wirecutter Pick - The Best Air Purifier - 2019 - 2022
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR PERFORMANCE & SAFETY, ZERO OZONE: AHAM Verifide for CADR; Ozone Safety Standards Certified by CARB; Zero Ozone Verified (
Blue Pure 211+ is the most popular air purifier model from Blueair. You will get almost 50 percent more air delivery rate from it compared to the Medify MA-40 at almost the same price.
Despite having a low-dense particle filter, it works well just as close to High-Efficiency (HEPA) filter air purifiers. In fact, the purifier is the #2 top-rated air purifier tested by Consumer Reports.
Pros & Cons
- High Performance Hepa Grade Filter: Captures 99% of pet dander, , pollen, and as small as 3 microns from the air.
- Easy to clean: air purifier has a permanent Hepa-grade filter that easily vacuums clean.
- Compact, stylish design: Allergen reducing air purifier is perfect in the office or in rooms up to 160 square feet
- Versatile air care that fits anywhere: Position the unit vertically or horizontally to best fit in your bedroom, den, nursery, hallway or living room at home or at the office.
- Quiet and powerful: Use whisper clean for extra quiet operation at night, the medium setting or the quick clean setting for more powerful air cleaning.
- 3 versatile speed settings: Air purifier has three versatile speed settings that give you ultimate control. Use quiet setting at night or quick setting for powerful air cleaning.
- Use how you want, where you want: this air cleaner works standing up or on its side.
You’re half asleep on a Sunday morning craving a hot cup of joe, but too comfortable to get out of bed. Fortunately, you set your Hamilton Beach Smart Coffee Maker the night before, so the only thing standing between you and a java jolt is the phrase, “Alexa, turn on my coffee maker.” Seconds after uttering those words, the aroma of freshly brewing coffee starts to fill the air.
And if talking is too much to muster first thing in the morning, you can start this 12-cup coffee maker from the Alexa app or create a Routine to have it automatically turn on at a certain time. Now, this smart kitchen appliance costs more than three times as much as a basic programmable model, which is a lot to pay for convenience. But if you’re firmly entrenched in the Alexa ecosystem and willing to pay a premium for connectivity, it works as promised.
Pros & Cons
- 3-Stage Filtration for Simply Clean Air. Includes a fabric pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and an H13 HEPA filter to capture large and fine particles, home odors, odors from pet, and VOCs.
- Medical-grade HEPA Filter. Captures 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns and smaller when on lowest fan speed, helping to remove airborne allergens and irritants like dust, pet dander, pollen, and smoke like that from wildfires, cooking, and smoking.
- Honeycomb-Structured Carbon Filter. Filter contains thousands of activated carbon pellets engineered to capture gases, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and common household odors including odors from pets, cooking and smoke.
- Large Room Coverage and AHAM Certified. Filters 1582 sq. ft. with 1 air change/hour. Filters 791 sq. ft. with 2 air changes/hour. Filters 527 sq. ft. with 3 air changes/hour. Filters rooms 327 sq. ft. providing 4.8 air changes/hour.
- Low Energy and Library Quiet. Energy Star rated and equipped with 5 fan speeds the lowest of which is as quiet as a library.
- Automated CirQulate System. PM 2.5 particle sensor monitors and provides color-coded, indoor air quality readings and adjusts to the appropriate fan speed for continuous clean air.
- Commercial-Grade Performance. Brushless, digital DC motor and powerful XL fan pulls air in through the front of the air purifier and the 3 filters, releasing clean air out of the top vent.
- Easy Filter Maintenance. Filter change indicator will inform you when it’s time for new filters. Filters should be replaced approximately every six months. Only use genuine BISSELL Replacement Filters to ensure excellent performance. Search AMAZON ASIN: B09BP3JJDM.
The Bissell Air320 comes with multi 3-stage filtration, which entails a separate fabric pre-filter, a True HEPA filter, and finally, a honeycomb activated carbon filter.
In the first line of this air purifier’s defense is the permanent fabric pre-filter. Its role is to hold back bigger particles also protect the high-efficiency filter. Other than that, it also acts as the front cover of the device. Bissell recommends vacuuming it occasionally to remove dust from the front panel.
That’s right, despite having two cats myself, their dander makes me splutter and sneeze like there’s no tomorrow! If you also suffer from pet allergies, you may wish to find the best air purifiers for cat hair.
Air purifiers are great if you or any of your family members suffer from pet allergies, but are also a fabulous solution if you’re tired of cleaning up cat hair from around your home, and to reduce the cat-like smell that can linger in the air. These nifty gadgets work by removing cat hair and other unwanted particles from the air we breathe, making it cleaner and healthier.