Best Cadr Rated Air Purifier – When investing in an air purifier, you want to make sure that the one you choose can handle the myriad of toxins that affect our air quality. With rising pollution levels and rampant wildfires, not to mention the continuation of lockdowns worldwide, the quality of air in your home is now more important than ever. With so many purifiers out there claiming to instantly transform the air you breathe, it’s hard to know which purifier to choose.
One sure way to obtain an air purifier that will deliver on its claims is to ensure that it has a high Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR). This rating, independently provided by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM), gives the clearest indication of how well an air purifier will perform.
1.LEVOIT Air Purifier
The LEVOIT Air Purifier has a True HEPA filter that has three stages (pre-filter, True HEPA, and Activated Carbon filter). You can customize this purifier with other filters, like a pet allergy filter, mold and bacteria filter, or a toxin absorber filter system.
It has a cylindrical design with a 360-degree intake grill, which is standard for most high-end purifiers. The purifier’s quality design makes it a very compact machine. Ideal places for this purifier include your desk or a shelf. It has the standard controls that most purifiers come with: fan speed, a timer, speed indicator, filter indicator, and a display lock.
The LEVOIT purifier has a CADR that generally ranges around 118 cfm. For dust, it has a rating of 140, 145 for smoke, and 141 for pollen.
Pros & Cons
- OZONE FREE: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Enjoy fresh air in minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 cleans spaces up to 547 ft² in 30 minutes, 219 ft² in 12 minutes (CADR: 141 CFM / 240 m³/h). Only products over 6 pounds can be equipped with such powerful motors that optimize the air cleaning performance
- FIND RELIEF: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- OFFICIAL LEVOIT FILTERS: Search for B07RSZSYNC or Core 300-RF to find Levoit's Core 300 replacement filter. Levoit filters provide the best fit and filtration, while off-brand filters are unreliable and may damage the air purifier
- MULTIPLE FILTER CHOICES: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in smog, toxins, and VOCs. The Smoke Remover filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and etc. And the Pet Allergy Filter helps to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors
- WHISPER QUIET AIR CLEANER: Choose Sleep Mode at night and then forget all about your air purifier while you sleep. QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise levels to a near-silent 24dB, ensuring the Core 300 won’t get in the way of a good night’s rest
- SLEEK DESIGN: The Core 300 practically serves your home while blending in with your decor. Its award-winning design (Red Dot, 2020) and modern white finish help your air purifier fit anywhere in your home/bedroom/room
- UNDISTURBED OPERATION: The display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter lifetime indicator for your convenience
- FULL CERTIFIED FOR SAFER: Energy Star Verified, Complies with California air resources board (CARB) for indoor cleaning devices. Also FCC certified, ETL listed
2.Bissell, 2609A Air220
The Bissell Smart Purifier has a HEPA filter with three stages. One of the main selling points of this purifier is the large fabric pre-filter. It uses the most common airflow system which operates from the bottom to the top. Along with the airflow holes at the top, it contains a soft-touch dial that you can use to control the fan speeds and timers. While the purifier weighs almost 20lbs, it is still very portable.
The Bissell Smart Purifier works well in rooms up to 800 sq. ft, however it operates at optimal levels in smaller-sized rooms. In a room that’s around 320 sq. ft, the purifier cleans the air every 20 minutes. The CADR rating is rather high for pollen cleaning and dust.
Pros & Cons
- 3 Stage Filtration includes an activated carbon filter and a high efficiency + pre-filter that captures over 99% of 0. 3 micron particles or larger on the lowest fan speed, including pollen, dust, smoke, hair, and dander.
- Honeycomb-structured activated carbon filter captures gases and VOC’s, including odors from pets, cooking, smoke, and other common household odors.
- 3-in-1 filter includes pre-filter layer and a combination of an activated carbon and high efficiency filter that work to capture 99. 7% of 0. 3 micron particles or larger on sleep mode, including pollen, dust, smoke, and dander.
- Activated carbon captures common household odors, pet odors and volatile organic compounds.
3.Coway Airmega AP-1512HH
The Coway air purifier has a four-stage filtration system (pre-filter, Activated Carbon Filter, True HEPA filter, and an Ionizer that can be switched off. The purifier sports a modern and compact design. It weighs only 12lbs and has two handles for easy transport. The Coway purifier also comes with a range of Smart features, like an air quality sensor, Eco mode, and auto fan feature. However, if you’re interested in Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, this purifier does not support this function.
The ACH of the Coway is 4x. This means your room will get cleaned up to four times per hour provided it’s around 360 sq. ft. The CADR rating is very high too. It has a dust rating of 246, 233 for smoke, and 240 for pollen. The Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier is a great choice for small rooms and those looking for Smart features.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 361 sq. ft. in 12.5 minutes or up to 874 sq. ft. in 30 minutes.
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor.
- [Auto Mode] Constantly monitoring the air quality, the fan automatically adjusts to most effectively purify your space as needed providing a new level of clean in real time.
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected.
- [3-Stage Manual Fan Speed] Control your AP-1512HH's fan manually with low, medium, and high settings.
- [Air Quality Indicator] Pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. Brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. You can turn off the light for sleeping.
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced, and the pre-filter needs to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed.
- [Ultra Quiet] Ultra quiet operation with noise levels ranging from 24 dB to 53 dB.
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy.
- [Warranty] 3-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
The Medify Air purifier has a four-stage filtration system that includes an ionizer that you can switch on and off. The purifier itself has a very powerful fan that’s also fairly low on power consumption. It does have a design different from many of the new purifiers, featuring a more rectangular shape. The Medify comes packed with some Smart features like a child lock, Smart Sensor, and auto mode. However, it does lack Wi-Fi capability.
This purifier has certification from the CARB and meets the standards for safety ozone emission. It can cover a room of 400 sq. ft and has a range of ACH from 2x to 4x. The CADR rating has a very high pollen cleaning score. Dust is 186, 206 for smoke, and 246 for pollen. The Medify Air MA-40-W V2.0 Air Purifier is great for those with pollen allergies, those who want Smart features, and need to clean mid-sized rooms.
Pros & Cons
- MAINTAIN YOUR UNIT: Use ONLY genuine MA-40 replacement filters (B07MTQFFNT) to ensure your MA-40 air purifier operates as it should, keeping the air inside your home, apartment, school, or office clean.
- EASY TO CHANGE: The lightweight design makes the process of replacing filters a breeze, so you and your family can maintain healthy and pure air in every room. A fresh filter will help remove irritants and neutralize odors.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- 3 STAGES: Multi-stage filtration; pre-filter traps large pollutants, HEPA H13 for fine particles, and active carbon to remove odors. Perfect for smokers, pet owners, allergies, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and cooking smells.
- LONGER LIFETIME: Each easy-to-replace filter set lasts 4-5 months or 3,000 hours, whichever comes first. Only 2-3 filter changes per year means lower maintenance and more cost savings.
5.Blueair Blue Pure 211+
The Blueair Blue Pure 211+ has a three-stage filtration system with a unique pre-filter. The pre-filter is a washable fabric that wraps about the bottom half of the purifier. However, it’s fitted before the intake grille instead of after it. The grille of the purifier takes in the air on all sides so you don’t have to worry about complicated controls and a fancy control system. The purifier is controlled with a single button. When your filter needs changing, it will start to glow red.
This model is small and compact so you can place it on your desk or shelf. The Blueair Blue Pure 211+ has clearance for rooms up to 540 sq. ft and has three certifications from the AHAM, CARB, and Energy Star. This means it’s ozone-safe, energy-efficient, and the CADR rating is accurate. It has a CADR rating of 350 cfm for pollen, dust, and smoke.
Pros & Cons
- SIMPLE ONE-BUTTON CONTROL: Easily adjust fan as-needed with one button to ensure optimal air quality, including lowering fan speed at night for uninterrupted sleep
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair's HEPASilent technology, delivers clean air, faster, and much more quietly than traditional HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 540sqft large room in about 12.5 min or up to 2592sqft XL space in 60min, on high
- ONE OF THE QUIESTEST AIR PURIFIERS: Quieter (31 dB) than whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (30W) than an incandescent lightbulb on low
- COMBAT ALLERGENS: Helps reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES DOWN TO 0.1 MICRON: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes 99.97% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, viruses and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps light household odors from smoking, pets and cooking
- MOST AWARDED AIR PURIFIER BRAND IN THE US: Blue Pure 211+ has won Good Housekeeping – 10 Best Air Purifiers of 2021, Best Overall Air Purifier; Wirecutter Pick - The Best Air Purifier - 2019 - 2022
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR PERFORMANCE & SAFETY, ZERO OZONE: AHAM Verifide for CADR; Ozone Safety Standards Certified by CARB; Zero Ozone Verified (
- GENUINE FILTERS FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE: Replace your filter every 6 months to ensure proper functionality & only use genuine Blueair filters; Shop 211+ replacement filter: B073SKH39W; Upgrade to SmokeBlock filter for enhanced removal: B0B453ZDZ6
6.Germ Guardian Air Purifier
The Germ Guardian Air Purifier has a classic bottom-to-top airflow design. The filtration system has four stages. This purifier also features a simple control panel that includes buttons which control the fan speed, timer, and the on/off switch. It comes with an indicator for when you need to change your filter.
The Germ Guardian covers smaller rooms and has an ACH of 4x. This means your room is cleaned once every 15 minutes. The CADR rating for the purifier is 216 for dust, 216 for smoke, and 265 for pollen. It also has Energy Star certification despite the UV-C light. The Germ Guardian Air Purifier is ideal for those with pollen allergies and those who need to clean a small room with a simple control system.
Pros & Cons
- 3-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME - True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS - Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- CARRYING HANDLE - Easily carry from room to room with a sturdy handle
The TruSens Air Purifier has a four-stage filtration system. It has a more modern design and is 22 inches high and 9 inches wide. It uses a new airflow technology called DirectPure. This new system allows for dual flow streams of air. The controls for the TruSens are simple and touch-orientated. It does come with an LED indicator for air quality which displays the figure in the center of the air outlet.
The purifier has CARB certification, ensuring no ozone emission and high safety standards. The ACH of the TruSens ranges from 2x to 4x depending on the room size. This means that, on average, your room is cleaned up to four times per hour.
Pros & Cons
- One year Warranty
- 10,000 Hour rated lifetime
- Drop in Replacement bulb
- 5" Long,
- This Premium Quality Replacement lamp is Manufactured by LuTrace and is Guaranteed to Meet or Exceed the Original Manufacturers Specifications. The use of the Original Manufacturers Name is for Identification purposes only. The name TruSens is trademarked and wholly owned by TruSens . We do not sell or distribute TruSens Products
Best Cadr Rated Air Purifier – This score, therefore, allows you to make a confident and informed decision, knowing that a higher score means greater efficiency when removing harmful pollutants from your home or workplace.
It’s important to remember that each purifier works differently in a given space, which is why we have included a diverse range of air purifiers that are suitable for different-sized rooms. This list includes purifiers ideal for your bedroom or office, such as the Levoit Core 300, to whole-house purifiers like IQAir’s GC MultiGas.