Best Hepa Air Purifier for Allergies – A high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter is a pleated device that can remove particles from surrounding air. A number of devices use these filters, such as air purifiers, which are designed to remove a host of particles and pollutants from the air in your home.
There is no federal certification or regulation for HEPA filters in the United States, but the Environmental Protection Agency offers some advice on how to choose efficient filters. Keep reading to learn some tips for choosing HEPA filters and how to find the best air purifier for your home.
This device can usually be found in many brick-and-mortar stores and on sale, making it an easy choice to buy in a hurry — when it’s in stock. This machine is made to be portable and easy to move between rooms. It’s quieter than some of its competitors but still delivers great filtration.
Models built for smaller rooms or for moving a smaller volume of air can also be found, bringing price tags down. Consumers love this product, according to ratings, listing it as an affordable and effective device.
Pros & Cons
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- 5 Year Warranty
- Germ Defense customized filter: Effectively traps and reduces airborne bacteria, mold spores and particles that carry viruses.
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 815 sq. ft.
2.LEVOIT Air Purifiers
Levoit is a favorite on consumer-driven sites like Amazon, and offers a variety of models to fit every price range. The Core 400s is priced just below the range of other high performers, so it’s affordable but also does the job.
Named for the room size it’s designed to filter (400 square feet), the Core 400s features a large HEPA filter. Options for bells and whistles like voice control are also available, and the device is easily portable.
Pros & Cons
- 【Compatible With】The filter kit is perfectly compatible with Rabbit Air MinusA2, SPA-700A, SPA-780A/N.
- 【True HEPA Filter】The true HEPA filter can capture 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns to help you enjoy a healthier life.
- 【Activated Carbon Filter】High efficiency activated carbon reduces odors from pets, cooking, and smoke.
- 【Value Kit】Package includes medium filter, HEPA filter, odor filter and activated carbon filter. The filters will bring you great value.
- 【Buy With Confidence】The filter is easy to replace and install, If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we will reply you within 24 hours, 100% satisfied with the service for you.
The Winix line also offers several models, but the 5500-2 is a performer for the budget conscious. There are no smart sensors or fancy apps with this model, but you can use automatic settings.
AHAM Verifide, a manufacturers’ association and product testing program, certified this air purifier’s performance for rooms up to 360 square feet.
Pros & Cons
- The BioGS SPA-550A air purifier will filter all the air in a room up to 550 sq. ft. twice in an hour on the highest setting.
- BioGS HEPA Filtration with 4 stages of purification and deodorization. The BioGS HEPA and Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filters will last up to three years, based on 12 hours daily operation. The Pre-Filter is washable.
- An ultra quiet BLDC motor operates at five different speeds. It’s virtually silent at low speed.
- Energy Star certified units will not run up your energy bill.
- Backed by industry leading five-year warranty and 24/7 lifetime technical support. Won several prestigious product design awards including Germany Red Dot award, Good Design Award by Chicago Athenaeum and Japan Good Design Award (G-Mark).
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
Medify Air is another popular brand, especially among those who need air purifiers for medical reasons. While it promises to be “quiet,” the quietest setting is about half the volume of a vacuum cleaner, making its noise level a matter of opinion.
This large unit could be difficult to move due to its design and size, but it delivers high levels of filtration for the price. There are a variety of models from this manufacturer to choose from.
BISSELL is a well-known name in filtration and the air320 purifier evokes the feeling of nostalgia with a retro furniture look.
While the device can be portable, this might be difficult due to its size. The 20-pound device does come with a carrying handle, though. BISSELL offers a number of other models as well.
For people looking for style and function, Rabbit Air offers a well-reviewed — albeit expensive — option. These devices come in black and white, or a few famous art prints like Monet’s “Water Lilies” and Van Gogh’s “Starry Night.”
Extremely quiet on the lowest settings, you may sacrifice some function for volume and appearance with this model. CADR ratings are lower than some cheaper models, but if you’re looking for function and appearance with high-tech options, this model could suit your needs.
7.Coway Airmega 400
This line features a variety of styles and colors, but the real draw is its filtering power. While the filtration power is high, though, so is the price.
One of the pricier options on our list, the Coway devices feature extras like Wi-Fi connectivity, a mobile app, and voice control.
Best Hepa Air Purifier for Allergies – HEPA filters remove tiny particles from dust, mold, pollen, bacteria, viruses, and more from the air. Thin glass fibers are randomly arranged into a dense, paperlike material that is folded into pleats to create the filter.
As air particles pass through these filters, pollutants are trapped in the fibers. Then, as larger particles stick to the filter, they keep other smaller particles from passing through. A HEPA filter can trap particles as small as 0.3 microns.