Best Hepa Air Purifier for Covid 19 – Products featured are independently selected by our editorial team and we may earn a commission from purchases made from our links; the retailer may also receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.
From disinfecting sprays to face masks to even touchless garbage cans, there’s no shortage of “essential products” being pushed in the fight against Covid-19. According to medical experts, one additional item that people should be adding to their arsenal is an air purifier.
Dolphin Hammes recommends the IQAir Atem Desktop Air Purifier, which uses the company’s exclusive HyperHEPA filters to remove ultra-fine particles down to 0.003 microns. Hammes says the filters are effective enough to remove airborne viruses and particles that are ten times smaller than a virus.
What you get: 99% purified air to your personal breathing zone. The unique circular design is great for airflow and everything can be easily monitored and adjusted through the MyAtem app.
Pros & Cons
- #1 Rated personal air purifier (Winner of 2019 Global Innovations Award)
- Only IQAir’s exclusive HyperHEPA filters stop ultrafine particles (down to 0.003 microns)
- Stops the smallest particles that exist: 10x smaller than a virus
- HyperHEPA filtration delivers up to 99% purified air to your personal breathing zone for up to 150 sq ft room coverage
- Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery. CARB EO # G-18-064. EPA Establishment # 97566-CHE-1. Unable to ship to PO Boxes
2.Coway Airmega 150
Clean and compact, Coway’s newest air purifier uses a three-stage filtration process to get rid of 99.97% of particulates in the air. The shoebox-sized unit contains a pre-filter, a deodorization filter, and a True HEPA filter to better reduce and eliminate airborne contaminants. An air quality indicator gives you real-time monitoring of the air in your room, and lights on the unit also let you know when the filter needs replacing. The reusable filter slides out easily for cleaning and drying.
Though it’s small in size, Coway says the Airmega 150 can cover up to 214 square feet of space, making it great for a bedroom, office or small studio. We like the “sage green” colorway too, which makes this air purifier a nice alternative to the basic black and white units on the market.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 214 sq. ft. in 12.5 minutes or up to 518 sq. ft. in 30 minutes
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor
- [Catridge Design] Some purifiers make a dusty mess when trying to replace or clean your filters. With Coway's cartridge design, it's easier and cleaner than ever to remove and replace filters since they are contained on one portable cartridge
- [Easy Touch Display] You have control with a touch of a button-including fan speed, power, light on/off, and filter reset
- [Auto Mode] Constantly monitoring the air quality, the fan automatically adjusts to most effectively purify your space as needed providing a new level of clean in real time
- [3-Stage Manual Fan Speed] Control your Airmega 150's fan manually with low, medium, and high settings
- [Air Quality Indicator] Pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. Brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. You can turn off the light for sleeping
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced, and the pre-filter needs to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed
- [Ultra Quiet] Ultra quiet operation with noise levels ranging from 19 dB to 48 dB
- [Warranty] 3-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
The Max uses a Japanese high-efficiency motor and unique cylindrical design to cover a 600 square-foot room with use. Monitor your settings via the intuitive swipe-touch glass control system.
The Max is Energy Star-certified for efficiency, and has a super-quiet motor too — the company says the air purifier’s four fan speeds never go above a 53 dB noise level, making it one of the quietest units on the market.
This is the most powerful and effective air purifier we’ve tested, strong enough to help improve air quality in large rooms and even entire apartments.
Pros & Cons
- Pure Air Purifier for Home – real HEPA & Carbon Filter for Large Rooms - Ideal for the home, large bedrooms, office, classroom, church, business, apartments, basements and large living spaces. Indoor room coverage of 1,312 Square Feet with 2 air changes per hour. Industry-Standard no air by-pass so all the air is filtered. One reason we have superior air filtration performance. Ozone free air cleaner preventing harmful secondary pollution.
- Real HEPA filter (MERV17) - Tested to remove 99.4% at 0.02 microns (20 nanometers) and 0.10 microns. COVID is around 0.125 microns where the removal rate is 99.6% with each air pass. Odor eliminating real HEPA filter Effective for fine particles, allergies, smoke, pet hair, mold and gases (methane gas, sulfur gases, and many others.) Ease sneezing, congestion and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants.
- Quiet Large Air Purifier - Only 20 db at lowest fan speed for near silent and variable fan speeds with no motor hum thanks to the latest EC motor technology. Easy automatic control by touch, simply slide a finger along the plug in air purifier to control the fan speed arc to set the precise air flow. Compact and lightweight air cleaners for home at just 23 lbs, Mod is easy to move, it’s only 14 inches wide and deep by 25 inches high – making it the best air purifier for home.
- Energy Star Certified with up to 90% Less Power - Using the latest engineered EC (Electrically Commutated) motors for increased airflow efficiency at a fraction of the power. One thousand two hundred fifty square feet is about the size of a small house, retail store, warehouse, commercial space, first or second floor in a large house or 30 feet wide by 60 feet deep room.
- 10-Year Warranty, Rated #1 in Clemson University Study - Effective for fine particles, smoke and gas, as well as common allergens eliminating pets dander, allergen and pollen. Real HEPA filter air quality media 99.97% (equivalent to H13). Available for CMP grant for COVID in-person visitation aid. Operates at 120V/60 (North America).
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.AirSoap Home Air Purifier
Now the company is getting into the air purifier game with the introduction of AirSoap, which swaps a traditional filter for a “high-energy ‘Electric Wind’ technology,” that PhoneSoap says is more effective at cleaning the air.
The company says the AirSoap’s advanced purification system — which uses a high-energy plasma field to trap and ionize the air particles that flow through — can trap and kill even the smallest viruses, down to 14.6 nanometers (most disposable HEPA filters can only filter down to 300 nanometers).
Pros & Cons
- Filters and Kills 99.99% of viruses that HEPA filters can't - HEPA filters simply trap pollutants and if not replaced regularly, can cause additional pollution in the home from bacteria and mold growing in the filters themselves. AirSoap uses Electric Wind Technology to kill germs before they are captured for safer, purer air. No filter replacement needed.
- Earth-friendly technology that uses washable, reusable, graphene collecting plates - Electric Wind technology generates a high energy plasma field that kills bacteria and polarizes airborne particles. Washable, reusable, graphene collecting plates then remove the polarized particles from the air, all the way down to 14nm - smaller than any virus.
- Whisper-quiet with a slower and quieter fan than comparable systems - With our revolutionary technology, we've been able to design a air purifier that is consistently quieter than competing fan systems. No more noisy hums or whines, just clean air and a healthy home.
- Save money with no need to buy replacement filters or parts, ever - Because the parts of AirSoap that clean are washable, you never need to buy replacement parts or filters. This cuts the cost of owning a home air purifier down over the lifespan of the product, and results in you saving money now, and down the road.
- Included one-year warranty - All AirSoaps come with a full one-year warranty, to ensure your home stays clean and free of viruses and unhealthy airborne bacteria. We want you to love your purchase. If you’re not completely satisfied, we’ll make it right.
For an effective and gentle clean, you’ll want to pick up the Samsung Cube. Backed by Samsung’s years of research in both technology and design, the Cube uses a three-stage filtration process to reduce and remove irritants like pollen and smoke, while eliminating up to 99.97% of ultra-fine dust.
Samsung says the device is certified to reduce allergies, and it’s safe enough to use in a child’s room or nursery as well. The Cube is whisper-quiet and doesn’t release any wind. Its air quality sensor, meantime, uses a laser to monitor air particles, with instant feedback on the front digital display.
Pros & Cons
- TRUE HEPA FILTRATION – A 3-layer True HEPA filtration system effectively removes 99.97% of ultrafine dust and reduces pet dander and allergens from the air, while an activated carbon filter removes toxic gases like formaldehyde and deodorizes air of odors
- QUIET & WIND-FREE — The Cube’s purification system is virtually silent and releases clean air without creating a cold draft throughout your bedroom
- VOICE CONTROL & WIFI — This smart air purifier can be voice-controlled through your mobile device using Bixby, Amazon Alexa, or Google Assistant
- AIR QUALITY SENSOR — An easy-to-read digital display provides air quality feedback through best-in-class lasers that monitor air particles in your room
- LONG-LASTING FILTER — The powerful filter lasts up to one year, even when used 24/7 in normal conditions
6.EnviroKlenz Air Purifier
This EnviroKlenz air purifier harnesses the power of HEPA filters and UVC bulbs to provide both germicidal irradiation and removal of harmful bacteria from the air. The company says recent tests have show that the EnviroKlenz Air System Plus “is able to capture and filter droplets in the air, which is mainly how the Covid-19 virus is transmitted from person-to-person.” What’s more, the company says results showed a 99.9% reduction rate for viruses as small as 0.025 microns in size (about 1/4 the size of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and influenza particles).
Though the FDA has not yet verified these claims, the results suggest that the EnviroKlenz air cartridge could be effective in warding off pathogens similar in size to the coronavirus.
Pros & Cons
- IMPROVE YOUR AIR with an easy-to-use, easy-to-fit, portable air purifier. The EnviroKlenz Home Air System cleans the air in any space up to 1000 square feet with minimum noise and up to four-speed options.
- INCLUDES HEPA FILTRATION captures any harmful particulates, like dust, allergens, pet dander, and others. Our system also provides additional germicidal irradiation and internal cleaning of the system. It’s ideal during seasonal events, such as wildfire season and spring allergies.
- ELIMINATES AIRBORNE TOXINS going beyond standard air filtration, thanks to our patented technology that neutralizes airborne toxins and unpleasant odors and destroys them safely. The EnviroKlenz Air Purifier does not release anything back into the environment nor uses any harmful chemicals.
- ANY SPACE UP TO 1000 SQUARE FEET can be free of air pollution with maximum coverage and 3 to 5 air exchanges per hour. That’s why we’re present in over 100,000 classrooms in the US, nursing homes, dental offices, and office spaces in general.
- WITH A 5-YEAR WARRANTY, all of our products are 100% made in the USA and use our patented technology: we’ve created a safe, chemical-free technology by using the natural capabilities of earth’s minerals compounds.
7.LEVOIT Air Purifier
It was impressive in our tests, reducing particulates by more than 97% on its high setting in 30 minutes in a 135-square-foot New York City office. On medium, it reduced them by more than 92%. It’s attractive and compact, measuring just 14½ inches tall and 8½ inches in diameter, and its display-shutoff feature means it won’t interrupt sleep with bright lights.
In a new section, we cover a few other purifiers that fit specific needs, including a purifier for handling VOCs, a super-energy-efficient small-space purifier, and a truly smart air purifier. We also discuss the much-hyped IKEA Förnuftig.
Pros & Cons
- OZONE FREE: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Enjoy fresh air in minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 cleans spaces up to 547 ft² in 30 minutes, 219 ft² in 12 minutes (CADR: 141 CFM / 240 m³/h). Only products over 6 pounds can be equipped with such powerful motors that optimize the air cleaning performance
- FIND RELIEF: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- OFFICIAL LEVOIT FILTERS: Search for B07RSZSYNC or Core 300-RF to find Levoit's Core 300 replacement filter. Levoit filters provide the best fit and filtration, while off-brand filters are unreliable and may damage the air purifier
- MULTIPLE FILTER CHOICES: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in smog, toxins, and VOCs. The Smoke Remover filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and etc. And the Pet Allergy Filter helps to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors
- WHISPER QUIET AIR CLEANER: Choose Sleep Mode at night and then forget all about your air purifier while you sleep. QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise levels to a near-silent 24dB, ensuring the Core 300 won’t get in the way of a good night’s rest
- SLEEK DESIGN: The Core 300 practically serves your home while blending in with your decor. Its award-winning design (Red Dot, 2020) and modern white finish help your air purifier fit anywhere in your home/bedroom/room
- UNDISTURBED OPERATION: The display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter lifetime indicator for your convenience
- FULL CERTIFIED FOR SAFER: Energy Star Verified, Complies with California air resources board (CARB) for indoor cleaning devices. Also FCC certified, ETL listed
Best Hepa Air Purifier for Covid 19 – The best air purifiers (sometimes known as “air cleaners”) help to eliminate dust, pollen, smoke and other irritants from the air, but a good air purifier could also go a long way towards eliminating dangerous airborne germs and bacteria too.
The CDC says air purifiers “can help reduce airborne contaminants, including viruses, in a home or confined space.” The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) adds that air purifiers are helpful “when additional ventilation with outdoor air is not possible” (say, when you can’t crack open a window at home or work).