Best Home Air Purifier for Dust – If you’ve ever returned from a day in a city and noticed that your breathing felt more laboured, you’re likely to understand how important the quality of the air around you is.
The facts are as stark and sobering as the experience of pollution on the lungs: according to the government, poor air quality is the largest environmental risk to public health in the UK.
1.Molekule Air Pro
This pick from Molekule is one of the priciest on the list, but for serious allergy-sufferers, it may be a worthwhile investment. “Air purifiers with traditional filters (like HEPA) are able to capture 99.97% of mold spores, pollen, dust, bacteria and other airborne particles with a size of 0.3 microns,” explains the brand’s co-founder, president and chief technology officer Dilip Goswami.
“What they’re not able to do is capture VOCs—airborne chemicals that mostly derive from off-gassing of building materials or products in our homes or things like everyday cleaning products. Molekule’s proprietary technology, photo electrochemical oxidation (PECO), not only tackles VOCs, but also uses oxidation to destroy indoor air pollutants at molecular levels.”
Pros & Cons
- FDA-cleared to destroy viruses: Molekule Air Pro is FDA-cleared as a 510(k) Class II medical device to destroy viruses, bacteria and mold.
- Designed to meet the needs of large residential or business spaces up to 1000 sq ft or high-traffic areas, with 3x the airflow of Molekule’s award-winning consumer devices.
- PECO-powered: Breakthrough PECO technology doesn’t just collect pollutants, it destroys VOCs, bacteria, viruses, mold, pollen, pet dander, and more.
- Particle & chemical sensors: detects VOCs and a range of air particles in three sizes, to better understand what’s in your air, from PM10 (pollen) and PM2.5 (dust), to smaller than PM1 (smoke).
- Two Auto Protect modes: Standard and Quiet automatically regulate fan speed based on particle levels, at noise levels ideal for day or night, as well as a 6-speed manual mode.
- Smart & connected: Easy-to-control touch-screen interface. For added convenience, connect it to your WiFi and control it remotely using the iPhone or Android app.
- Portable: With its vegan leather handle, Molekule Air Pro can be easily carried and placed anywhere in the home or business.
- Expanded air history stats track indoor air quality from one day to the next. Toggle between Day and Week View to see the quality of the air you breathe, with the ability to swipe back through the previous four weeks to identify pollutant trends.
- Ready to purify: Comes with a 6-month filter. Automatic filter refills available. See manufacturer's website
- Explore Air Score for an overall real-time snapshot of your air, or dive deeper into each air quality factor. Plus, see changes in 5-minute increments for real-time changes.
2.LEVOIT Air Purifier
Compact enough to fit on your desk and designed to filter up to about 129 square feet, this compact Levoit model is equipped with a HEPA filter that removes 99.97% of dust, pollen, smoke, odor, mold spores and pet dander.
It’s an excellent inexpensive option that eschews technology like UV and ionization more commonly found in this price range. Instead it features a three-stage filtration system that includes a pre-filter, a HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter. And three fan settings let you control the speed and volume of the purifier.
Pros & Cons
- OZONE-FREE FILTRATION: Safe is top priority UV-C light purification methods can produce high levels of ozone that can be harmful to children, asthma patients, and pets. This air purifier only uses premium filtration, so you can experience clean, healthy air with Levoit
- SAY GOODBYE TO POLLUTED AIR: Have you ever seen what comes out of your vents, from heating and air conditioning. Even inside, you're under attack by so many pollutants. This air purifier uses 3-stage H13 True HEPA Filtration to trap dust, pet dander, pollen, and more. End the suffering, with the finest air purifier in its class
- BEST-SELLING BRAND: Brand in the US, LV-H132 has been chosen by 958,256 customers across 9 countries. Levoit cares about your thoughts and never use fake reviews, so you can trust what you see
- Official Levoit Filters: Search for B06XD7X81D or LV-H132-RF to find the Levoit Personal True HEPA Replacement Filter. Levoit replacement filters provide the best fit and filtration, while off-brand filters are unreliable and may damage the air purifier
- ALWAYS HIGH-QUALITY: Everyone deserves to feel refreshed and safe at home.
- WHISPER-QUIET: Trying to sleep with rattling or loud humming noises coming from your air purifier. With noise levels as low as 25dB, this air purifier is so quiet, you can run it throughout the night and sleep soundly
- CLEAN AIR AROUND THE HOUSE: Quickly refresh the air in rooms as large as 129 ft² in 15 minutes. No matter where you spend the most time at home, enjoy fresh air in any room
- USTOMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE: Prefer to sleep with a night light? Select from two night light brightness settings to create your perfect sleep environment
- SAVE ENERGY, SAVE MONEY: Sticking to a budget? No problem! This air purifier filters the air without using UV-C light, reducing its energy consumption to just 28W. Operating at its highest fan speed 24/7, running this air purifier can cost less than $3 per month!
This Honeywell HPA100 might not look like much—it has all the visual appeal of a space heater—but Honeywell, no doubt, is hoping you’ll care more about what it can do. This model is designed for medium-size rooms (about 155 square feet) and features a true HEPA filter for guaranteed removal of 99.97% of airborne particles down to 0.3 microns. Honeywell says that its fan can filter the air in the room five times an hour.
It’s one of the more configurable air purifiers on this list. The control panel on the top of the unit lets you set up to four different cleaning levels (which affect the fan speed and overall noise level) and has an auto-off timer option so it doesn’t run continuously.
Pros & Cons
- MEDIUM ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HPA100 HEPA Air Purifier helps provide cleaner, fresher air. Recommended for medium rooms (155 sq. feet), HEPA Filtration captures up to 99.97% of microscopic airborne particles.
- HELPS REDUCE PARTICLES - This HEPA air purifier has 4 air cleaning levels including Turbo Clean. It helps capture the following microscopic airborne particles: pollen, pet dander, and smoke.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA100 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in medium 155 sq. ft. rooms up to 4.8 times an hour.
- ALLERGEN PLUS SERIES – This Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier is part of our Allergen Plus series. This product earned the ENERGY STAR label by meeting strict energy efficient guidelines set by the U.S. EPA.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE PERFORMANCE – For best performance, use only Genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.HATHASPACE Air Purifier
If you have pets, you need the Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier 2.0. This large capacity air purifier—it can replace the air in a 1,500-square-foot room up to 24 times per day—features a 5-in-1 filtration system that eliminates more than 99% of allergens and pollutants, like pet dander and the dust from a litter box.
It also has an activated carbon filter that removes smoke, odors and gases and a cold catalyst filter that eliminates VOCs and harmful chemicals found in cleaning products or other household items, like candles or plug-ins.
Pros & Cons
- Purify your air – Our 5-in-1 filter system targets pollen, dust, pet dander, VOC’s, smoke, and odors. Superior to standard true H11 HEPA filters, H13 HEPA filters 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns and 99.95% of particles between 0.3 – 0.1 microns.
- What you get – Large smart air purifier, H13 True HEPA composite filter, washable filter, manual, 5-year warranty, award-winning customer support 7 days a week, and the peace of mind that comes from a trusted American brand.
- Remove odors, smoke, & VOC’s – Both an air cleaner and odor eliminator, our air purifier features a unique honeycomb activated-carbon filter that absorbs odors, smoke, and VOC’s. With a state-of-the-art fan and motor, enjoy clean air delivered quietly and efficiently in your home, bedroom, office, kitchen, basement, dorm, apartment, or living room.
- Breathe easier – Nothing feels better than breathing clean air. Read our 10,000+ reviews and see just how much our air purifier can assist and support the body’s natural response during allergy season.
- Smart air purifier – In AUTO mode, a smart air quality sensor detects pollutants in your air, adjusting the fan speed in real-time. A digital display on the unit reveals your air quality level, so you always know what you’re breathing.
Looking to cover a lot of square footage? Not a problem with the Alen BreatheSmart 75i Large Room Air Purifier. This air purifier cleans up to about 1,300 square feet twice an hour without making a lot of noise. In fact, Alen claims the technology in the BreatheSmart is twice as quiet as that of its key competitors, even on Turbo speed.
The Alen BreatheSmart features a HEPA Pure filter that is certified to capture 99.97% of airborne particles down to 0.3 microns.
Pros & Cons
- RECOMMENDED FOR: Dust, dander, allergens, pet fur PLUS heavy odors from pets, litter boxes, cooking, stinky diapers, and garbage. Perfect for large rooms, offices, schools, and open spaces.
- ODORCELL FILTER: Helps relieve allergy and asthma symptoms PLUS includes a patented molecular conversion powder to eliminate strong household odors.
- TRUE HEPA: Includes a Medical Grade H13 True HEPA layer that captures 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron. True HEPA filters last 3-5 months longer than standard filters.
- AIR QUALITY SENSOR LIGHT: Blue = Excellent, Orange = Fair, Red = Bad air quality (high levels of particles). On "auto mode" the sensor will adjust the speed of the fan to clean the air more efficiently.
- PERFECT GIFT WITH A RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Alen air purifiers aim to maintain our community’s health and wellness with cleaner pure air. From back-to-school preparations for classrooms, doctor’s offices, hotels, casinos, bars, lounges, restaurants, and most importantly your home, our air purifiers offer air filtration to everyone. A great gift for smokers and pet owners who need to improve their indoor air quality caring for their loved ones.
6.Pure Enrichment PureZone
PureZone safely sanitizes the air in your home or office in a few short hours making it more breathable, enjoyable, and even healthier. The sleek, modern design complements any decor and is fully customizable with three speed settings and an automatic timer to conserve energy and extend the life of the 3-in-1 air filter.
Thanks to True HEPA filtration–which is proven to eliminate 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns–PureZone provides a perfect solution for making the air more comfortable for people who suffer from allergies, asthma or other breathing issues.
PureZone is backed by Pure Enrichment’s industry-leading 5-Year Warranty so your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Pros & Cons
- 2-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION: Clean your personal air from 99.97% of dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and odors. Stage 1: Activated carbon pre-filter; Stage 2: True HEPA filter.
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Whether upright or on its side, our innovative adjustable handle allows this portable air purifier to adapt to suit your needs
- 3 FAN SPEEDS: Find your optimal fan settings with low, medium, and high options
- IDEAL FOR TRAVEL: Weighing under 1 lb, this on-the-go small air purifier keeps your personal space clean for up to 12 hours (depending on fan speed) with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. At your final destination, plug it in for continued fresher air.
- WHAT YOU GET: Portable air purifier, 2-in-1 filter, USB charging cable, and Pure Enrichment’s guaranteed 5-Year Warranty. Our customer support team provides daily quality service and peace of mind to millions worldwide all from a brand you can trust.
While the Dyson Purifier Humidify + Cool is admittedly expensive, it replaces three different devices with its purifying, humidifying and cooling capabilities. True to the Dyson name, it performs with efficiency and cutting-edge technology, including sensors that constantly monitor the air.
In addition to containing a HEPA filter that eliminates 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns, it also has an activated carbon layer that filters odors and VOCs. It also sanitizes the water used to humidify with ultraviolet light, ensuring your air stays as pure as possible. You can set the fan to Breeze mode, which offers a cooling airstream as it purifies and humidifies, or switch to Backward Airflow mode for improving the air without a chill.
Pros & Cons
- Package Contains - 2 (TWO) Combi 360 Glass HEPA And Activated Carbon Filters
- Compare to Part # 970341-01 ( THERE IS ALSO A NEW PART NUMBER # 965432-01 WHICH IS BLACK IN COLOR) SAME FILTER.
- Compatible with Dyson Models # PH01 , PH02 , PH03 , PH04 , TP06 , HP06 , TP07 , HP07 , TP09 , HP09 .
- ⚠️ PLEASE READ ⚠️ THIS MODEL FILTER IS NOT SAME AS HP04, TP04, DP04, DP05, TP05 ⚠️ THIS ONE HAS CARBON FILTER BUILT IN WILL WORK BUT YOUR PURIFER WILL NOT RECOGNIZE CARBON FILTER .
- Compatible with New Models Listed Here.⚠️ Also You must reset Your machine by holding down Night Time Mode for five seconds Please make sure machine unplugged when replacing.⚠️
Best Home Air Purifier for Dust – It’s not just a problem for city-dwellers, though. Everything from cooking to cleaning to lighting candles to having plywood/MDF furniture to painting the walls will generate indoor pollution – some of which, unlike dust, can’t be wiped away but rather will continue to off-gas in perpetuity, continually releasing airborne chemicals.