Best Ionizer Air Purifier – Ionic air purifiers use negative ions to get rid of common airborne pollutants such as dust and allergens, but are they effective? There has been quite a debate going on about whether ionic purifiers are even safe. What is the true science behind it? And what do the experts say?
The best ionic air purifiers use a combination of filters and an ionizer to eliminate pollutants from your air. Ionic air purifiers, also known as air ionizers, are a very popular choice today. And for good reason too; these air cleaners are highly effective but not overly expensive.
But what is the best ionic air purifier you can buy today? And what is the most effective air ionizer for your home or office space?
With this air purifier, you can enjoy almost perfect air. This machine traps and eliminates 99.97 percent of particles as small as 0.3 microns in size with a four-stage purification system. The four-stage system ensures that everything, including dust, pollen, and allergens, is zapped from the air. In fact, this system also removes germs, fungi, bacteria, and viruses.
We love that this works in small and large rooms. It has a coverage of 190 square feet, cleaning at 120 cubic feet per minute. That’s pretty speedy! So whether you’re using this for a living room, bedroom, office, or another large room — it will be a great choice for a pure home.
Pros & Cons
- 4-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION: Clean your air from 99.97% of dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and household odors. Stage 1: Activated carbon pre-filter; Stage 2: Medical-Grade true HEPA filter; Stage 3: UV-C light + Photocatalyst filter; Stage 4: Ionizer
- BUILT-IN UV-C LIGHT: Adds a deeper level of air sanitation by safely eliminating up to 99.9% of viruses and bacteria. (Staphylococcus albus (96.6%), Escherichia coli (99.3%), Aspergillus niger (99.6%), H1N1 (99.9%) independent testing)
- SMART AIR QUALITY MONITOR: PureZone Elite uses smart air quality detection technology to improve the air by automatically adjusting the fan speed in real-time and keeping you informed with our color-coded light display
- ENERGY STAR RATED: Certified by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy that this product uses less energy to help protect the environment
- WHAT YOU GET: 4-in-1 air purifier, 2-in-1 filter, UV-C light bulb, and Pure Enrichment’s guaranteed 5-Year Warranty. Our customer support team provides daily quality service and peace of mind to millions worldwide all from a brand you can trust.
If you or another person in your house is dealing with allergies or asthma, this unit may help. It features a True HEPA filter that effectively removes up to 99.97 percent of airborne pollutants and allergens. Tiny dust mites and pet dander won’t escape the fine filter.
To keep dust out of the air, the ionizer releases negative ions that make dust too heavy to float. It also produces no ozone, so you and your family will only have clean air to enjoy. The purifier is certified by Allergy Standards as well as the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, so it’s likely more trustworthy against allergies than other air ionizers.
Pros & Cons
- 4-stage hospital-type filtration: effectively purifies air in large rooms 300 - 600 square feet
- AeraSmart sensor: monitors the air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air purified
- True HEPA filter with AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment: safely removes 99.97% of viruses, germs, allergens, mold and dust
- PlasmaTrue Technology: optional setting that utilizes ionization to help safely remove airborne pollutants
- Aera+ mode: increases air change by 35% for allergy and cold/flu seasons
For medium-sized rooms, the Pure Morning APH260 is an excellent unit. It features a three-stage filtration system, plus a UV-C light and ionizer.
The display panel features seven touch-buttons to help you set the desired fan speed and mode. There are three fan speeds to choose between, and you can set a 12-hour timer if needed.
Both the UV-C light and ionizer are optional and can be activated from the panel. The ionizer will help to eliminate allergens and dust from the air, while the UV-C light kills bacteria and viruses.
Pros & Cons
- Medical Grade Filter: A True HEPA filter is able to remove up to 99.97% of airborne particles down to 0.1 microns, like dust, pollen, smoke, odors, mold spores, and pet dander.
- 3-Stage Filtration: A pre-filter traps dust and hair, a carbon filter traps and removes odors, while the HEPA H13 filter removes the tiniest of particles from the air--all so you can breathe cleaner air!
- Size Does Matter: Thanks to a larger surface area,our filter, it has a higher purification level able to capture more airborne particles.
- Longer-Lasting: Depending on the average daily use, the APH260 medical-grade filter can last up to 6-8 months. A 2 pack will provide you with 12-16 months of clean, fresh air to breathe.
- Easy to Replace: A 3-in-1 design makes replacement simple. Just unwrap the plastic packaging and put it in your air purifier. After installation, press and hold the FAN and TIMER buttons to reset the change filter reminder.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Envion Ionic Pro
If you liked the idea of our #2 recommendation, but want something more powerful, then this ionic air cleaner is a great alternative.
It handles rooms that are about two times larger than the OION, covering up to 500 square feet.
That makes this air cleaner perfect for most larger rooms in your home or apartment, such as the living room, basement, and big bedrooms, as well as an office space.
It also has 3 fan speed settings and a filter clean indicator. The main difference here is that the Envion Ionic Pro Turbo doesn’t include the activated carbon filter for reducing odors like the OION product.
Pros & Cons
- HEPA air purifier reduces airborne germs and odors from your home and discharges invigorated air without emitting ambient noise
- Made for medium rooms with 3-speed fan for desired cleaning level and up to 3 cleans in 1 hour
- Sanitize and remove 99.9-percent of airborne pollutants with ionic purification
- Germicidal chamber reduces airborne germs and bacteria; Design uses less energy than a fluorescent bulb
- Easy to clean filter limits the frequency of costly replacements; Dimensions (L x W x H): 7.7 x 9.5 x 27.2 inches
5.Greentech pureAir 50
Our final recommendation for a good ionizer is this small plug-in air purifier.
It’s designed to neutralize contaminants and odors in small rooms in the house, such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchens.
The PureAir 50 is effortless to set up and use; simply take it out of the box and plug it into a wall outlet. Then, turn the dial on the front of the unit to scale the level of air cleaning power.
Pros & Cons
- Significantly Reduces Odors and Invisible Irritants: pureAir 50 room air purifier transforms your space into a continuously fresh and clean environment, reducing impurities. The pureAir 50 is ideal for homes or offices up to 325 square feet.
- Uses Advanced Technology: We use advanced technologies such as activated oxygen or ozone, HEPA carbon filtration, and ionization. The pureAir 50 small room air purifier significantly reduces odors from pets, cooking, and more.
- Simple Operation: Our small air purifier makes an elegant addition to any space. Its dial control allows for simple purification level adjustment. Simply plug it in and turn the dial to your desired level of purification.
- Perfect for Travel: Our air filter is the perfect travel companion as it allows you to freshen the air anywhere. Plug it in the bedroom, office, kitchen, desktop, or anywhere else. The solution for stale, stinky air is just an outlet away.
- Custom Solutions for All Indoor Air Issues: Greentech creates indoor air solutions across many tough environments. Because there’s no “one-solution-fits-all” for indoor air purification, Greentech offers a complete line of commercial products to fit all air purification challenges.
6.OION Technologies B-1000
The second best ionic air purifier you can get is this device.
For less than half the price of our first recommendation, you can enjoy an environment that’s not only allergen free, but also smells fresh and reduces the exposure to illness.
In addition to ionization, the OION also helps fight against smoke, smells, bacteria, and viruses through the combination of Carbon Filtration and UV-C Lighting.
Pros & Cons
- SAVE MONEY AND THE ENVIRONMENT - With just 7.5W of ultra-low energy consumption and no costly filters to replace, the purifier is a bargain for you and the environment. Size: 17"(H) x 6"(W) x 7"(D).
- Electrostatic Ionizer Purification - Negative ions (O1) remove airborne pollutants as small as .01 micron such as allergens, pollen, mold, smoke, pet dander, unpleasant odors, dust, and other airborne irritants.
- Whisper Quiet Purification Fan and Night Light - Silently draws air in for purification and cleans and sanitizes the air around you.
- Carbon Filtration and Ozone Power (O3) < 0.05 ppm - Reduces odors, freshens the air, and absorbs volatile airborne pollutants.
- UVGI technology - Kills germs, viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms that cause disease.
7.Ivation 5-in-1 Air Purifier
If you want the best air purifier ionizer for home or office use that can handle any size space, large or small, then this is the product you want to get.
Not only is the Ivation air cleaner very affordable but it’s also adjustable to purify a space up to 3,500 square feet, which makes it perfect for apartments, homes, and offices.
This top ionic air cleaner includes an adjustable dial to increase or decrease the rate of ionization production to remove the level of airborne contaminants from the room.
Pros & Cons
- THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT MEET CALIFORNIA AIR CLEANER REGULATION REQUIREMENTS: CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA - PORTABLE HOME DEODORIZING MACHINE | All-in-One Air Purifiier, Ionizer & UV Sanitizing System Eliminates Odors in Large Rooms Up to 3,500 Square Feet | Emits 500 mg of Ozone Per Hour for Powerfully Clean, Breathable Results | Designed for Home, Office, Business, RV, Laundry Room, Bathroom, Basement, Pet Areas, Etc.
- PURIFYING FAN WITH MULTI-LEVEL FILTRATION | Unit Can Be Used Without Ozone, Enabling Occupants to Stay Safely in the Room As the Built-In Fan Passes Pollutants Through  Highly Effective Filters | Photo-Catalytic Filter [with UV Lamps] Kills Bacteria, Activated Carbon Filter Purges Bad Smells & Pre-Filter Helps Capture Dust
- OPTIONAL IONIZER W/ OZONE GENERATION | A Built-In Needle-Point Ionizer Releases Activated Oxygen & Negative Ions Into the Room, Helping to Freshen Air & Eliminate Harmful Airborne Particles | Experience a Naturally Clean, Mood- Boosting Sensation—Like After a Thunderstorm | Choose From 4 Purification Levels
- INTEGRATED TIMER WITH AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF | Treat Your Space Without Worry! | Depending on the Size of Your Room & its Purification Needs, Set the Timer to Automatically Turn Off After 1, 2, 4 or 6 Hours | NOTE: Ionizer Should Never Be Used While Adults, Kids or Pets Are Present— Run This Setting in Unoccupied Spaces Only
- COMPACT DESIGN FOR STRESS-FREE TRAVEL | Be Free to Move Your Purifier From Room to Room, Home to Work, or Wherever You Go! | Slim Styling Allows for Easy Carrying & Discreet Operation on a Coffee Table or Counter | Perfect for Targeting Odors/Particles Caused by Cigarettes, Dogs, Cats, Fumes, Mold, Pollen & More
Best Ionizer Air Purifier – However, you’re not just going to discover the top ionic air purifier reviews, but you’ll also find out how ionizers work and why they’re a great investment as compared to a HEPA air cleaner.
Having this extra bit of knowledge will make it easier for you to choose which ionic air cleaner is the best one for your needs.