Best Large Room Air Purifier – To find the best large room air purifiers, you’ll need to examine a list of criteria to determine what is most important. We recommend the best large room air purifiers with a minimum 3-stage filtration system, which combines a pre-filter for large particles, a true HEPA filter for ultrafine particles, and a combination of the activated carbon layer and ionizer for smoke and odors.
We are big fans of healthy digital controls that include sleep mode, auto mode (fan speed adjustment), and real-time air quality updates. These are some of the features that make up the highly-rated air purifiers.
The main advantage is the advanced H13 HEPA filters. If you look at the filter-by-filter, the Medify MA-112 3-filter system doesn’t look all that extraordinary; pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and HEPA filter are all there.
However, the main filter – HEPA filter – is not a standard HEPA filter (H10-H12, 99.7%, 0.3-micron specs). Medify uses the H13 filter; capable of removing 99.9% indoor air pollutants with 0.1-microns in size. This is the kind of filter that is used in hospital settings to maximize indoor air quality.
Pros & Cons
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans up to 5,000 sq ft in one hr, 2,500 sq ft in 30 min, 1,250 sq ft in 15 min. [*Based on average CADR for pollen, smoke, and dust when operating at fan setting 3. Assumes closed room with 8 ft ceiling.] Perfect for extra large rooms.
- DUAL HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 4 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a maximum noise level of 70 dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, optional ionizer, dust sensor, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, auto mode, PM2.5 pollution indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B07LFJMS2S) lasts 3,000 hours or about 6 months.
If you look at the Alen BreatheSmart 75i specification, you can see how outstandingly well-balanced numbers it has. First of all, it has a big 350 CADR rating with 347 CFM maximal airflow; an almost 1:1 perfect ratio.
It has a coverage area of 1300 sq ft at 2 ACH, and 520 sq ft at 5 ACH. You can pretty much use it in any room between these two square footages. It’s not an extra-large room air purifier; it’s the essence of an air purifier for a large room.
Pros & Cons
- B7 PURE FILTER: Alen's Pure HEPA filter eliminates airborne allergens, dust, pollen, dust mites, dander, pet air, mold, and more. The fine mesh of an air purifier filter catches potentially harmful airborne particles.
- VERSATILE & QUIET: The Alen BreatheSmart 75i's are perfect air purifiers for the bedroom and living room. Our cleaners are dust removers for lofts, flats, workplaces, kitchens, basements, and big open-concept spaces. It is our most versatile and powerful large room air purifier that can clean a 1300 SqFt every 30 minutes. It is powerful, tranquil, and perfectly tuned to generate soothing pink noise.
- SMART SENSOR FEATURE: Using our air purifier, you can see your air quality at a glance, thanks to the LED color display. The AUTO mode is designed to run constantly. It is controlled by Smart Sensors, which detect air, dust, or pollutants and automatically speed up or slow down the fan to filter the air and change the quality.
- MEDICAL GRADE PROTECTION: This air cleaner has a medical-grade 3-Stage H13 Pure HEPA filtration that captures 99.99% of particles as small as 0.1 microns. HEPA air filtration is the third of the five stages. With the Pure HEPA filter, you'll get up to 12 months of pure air production.
- PERFECT GIFT WITH A RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Alen air purifiers aim to maintain our community’s health and wellness with cleaner pure air. From back-to-school preparations for classrooms, doctor’s offices, hotels, casinos, bars, lounges, restaurants, and most importantly your home, our air purifiers offer air filtration to everyone. A great gift for smokers and pet owners who need to improve their indoor air quality caring for their loved ones.
3.Blueair Classic 680i
Blueair, in general, is one of the most reliable and beloved Swedish brands of air purifiers. The Blueair Classic 680i has pretty much everything you would wish for in a 1,000 sq ft room air purifier. At 2 ACH, has a 1745 sq ft coverage area, and a 698 sq ft coverage area at 5 ACH. That makes it about 40% bigger than the Alen BreatheSmart 75i.
It has air quality sensors that monitor indoor air quality. That’s the requirement for Auto Mode; a setting that automatically adjusts the fan speed setting to capture as much air pollutants as it’s currently required to either maintain or improve air quality.
Pros & Cons
- HEPASilent technology leverages electrostatic charge and mechanical filtration to deliver true HEPA performance capturing 99.97% of airborne pollutants including dust, mold, pet dander, and pollen for relief from allergies and asthma
- Dual protection filters with activated coconut carbon, naturally remove gaseous pollutants and smoke without the need for chemical additives
- Air quality sensors monitor air quality in real time and adjust fan speed accordingly when set to auto mode
- Wi-Fi enabled for control through the Blueair friend app and Alexa compatible
- For large rooms between 700 square feet and 800 square feet (AHAM rated at 698 square feet) such as large bedrooms living rooms and kitchens
- Most independent certifications; Blueair is the only major brand to verify 100% of models with AHAM for performance, Energy Star, and safe ozone
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
Its filtration system makes it very medical-friendly. It has special and exclusive HyperHEPA air filters that can filter out incredibly small particles. HEPA filters can capture 0.3-micron particles; HyperHEPA can capture 0.003-micron particles. That’s 100x better than a HEPA filter.
Due to the HyperHEPA filtration system, the IQAir HealthPro Plus is usually rated as the best air purifier for allergies.
Pros & Cons
- Unrivaled Performance: The HealthPro Plus is the #1 Rated room air purifier for homes, offices, schools, hospitals, industrial, and commercial sites. Has received more top reviews and awards than any other air purifier. Chosen by the Hong Kong Hospital Authority for both SARS-CoV-1 & SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Superior airflow with the 320-degree EvenFlow Diffuser efficiently filters all the air in large rooms and bedrooms numerous times an hour.
- Medical Grade H14 HyperHEPA Filter: Proven and certified by a third-party testing lab to remove and trap 99.995% of all airborne particles down to 0.003 microns, the HealthPro Plus supplies unequaled protection against bacteria, dust, mold, pollen, pet dander, smoke from wildfires, odors, harmful chemicals like formaldehyde, and more. True HEPA filtration.
- Long Lasting & Cost-Efficient Filters: Three different filters clean the air four different ways. Pre-filter traps coarse particles. Activated carbon adsorption and pelletized chemisorption filter odors and gasses. HyperHEPA traps fine and ultrafine particles. Long-lasting filters – 16 to18 months for the pre-filter, 2 years for the gas and odor filter, 3 years, 9 months to 4 years, 2 months for the HyperHEPA filter - helps save money over the air cleaner’s lifetime, and more eco-friendly.
- Energy Saving and Ultra-quiet Air Cleaner: The HealthPro Plus emits ultra-quiet, low-decibel sound across all four fan speeds. The fan-in-center design places the motor between sound-reducing filters. Doubled-walled housing limits sound. Rubber suspension pads isolate motor vibration from the air cleaner housing. EvenFlow Diffuser deflects sound back into the system. Powerful fan uses only as much electricity as a conventional light bulb, amounting to pennies per day to operate.
- Certified Performance: Each HealthPro Plus air purifier is made in Switzerland and individually tested for total system efficiency. If the system is not delivering 99.97% cleaner air or better, it does not get shipped. The results of the tests are detailed in a hand-signed Certificate of Performance. Every system comes with a 10-year limited warranty. Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery. CARB EO # G-10-059.
5.Coway Airmega 400
The performance Coway Airmega 400 Smart displays has to do with two things: powerful 340 CFM airflow and, even more importantly, the Max2 HEPA filters that ramp up the CADR rating to 350. Coway Airmega 400 Smart is the only large area air purifier besides the Alen BreatheSmart 75i that has a bigger CADR rating than the airflow.
In translation, that means it’s exceptionally efficient at removing air pollutants such as smoke, pollen, dust in the recommended coverage area. With 1560 sq ft at 2 ACH and 624 sq ft at 5 ACH, the Coway Airmega 400 Smart has an ample coverage area that can cover even the very large rooms.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 1,560 sq. ft. in 30 minutes.
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens; It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor.
- [Smart Mode] With its Smart Mode feature, the Airmega automatically adapts to its surroundings by adjusting fan speeds based on the room's air quality; That means your unit is energy efficient without compromising effectiveness.
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected.
- [Sleep Mode] When the Airmega's built-in light and pollution sensors detect that the room has been dark and the air clean for 3 minutes, Sleep Mode reduces the purifier's noise and power consumption.
- [Air Quality Indicator] 24/7 pollution monitor air quality throughout the day, adjusting purification to the necessary level and saving energy when it's not needed.
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced and the prefilters need to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed.
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify for 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy.
- [Warranty] 5-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Honeywell HPA300 is the best Honeywell air purifier. However, compared to the top-rated large room air purifiers, the Honeywell HPA300 is painfully ordinary.
It has a decent 1163 sq ft coverage area at 2 ACH and 465 sq ft at 5 ACH, thanks to the 320 CADR rating. But that’s pretty much it.
Honeywell HPA300 uses an ordinary True Hepa filter, pre-filter, and activated carbon filter. It does a decent job in a large room but it’s nothing to brag about.
Pros & Cons
- EXTRA-LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps provide cleaner, fresher air. Recommended for extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), HEPA Filtration helps capture up to 99.97% of microscopic airborne particles.
- HELPS REDUCE PARTICLES - This HEPA air purifier has 4 air cleaning levels including Turbo Clean. It helps capture the following microscopic airborne particles: pollen, pet dander, and smoke.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in Extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 4.8 times an hour.
- ALLERGEN PLUS SERIES – This Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier is part of our Allergen Plus series. This product earned the ENERGY STAR label by meeting strict energy efficient guidelines set by the U.S. EPA.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE PERFORMANCE – For best performance, use only Genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
7.Molekule Air Pro -PECO Filter
The NASA-level PECO filtration technology. Instead of using the standard HEPA-based filtration system, all Molekule air purifiers use PECO filters that use photoelectric catalytic oxidation to destroy air pollutants. The additional benefit of that is the often disputed inactivation or destruction of certain bacteria and viruses.
Molekule Air PRO is the biggest Molekule air purifier with a 1000 sq ft coverage area at 2 ACH. Due to the novel filtration system, we don’t have max. airflow or CADR rating specifications.
Pros & Cons
- Molekule Air Pro uses Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) nanotechnology to destroy viruses, VOCs, allergens, bacteria & mold.
- Breakthrough PECO technology doesn’t just collect pollutants, it destroys them.
- Replacement PECO-Filter for use with Molekule Air Pro. Not compatible with Molekule Air, Mini or Mini+.
- Key to destroying viruses, VOCs, allergens, bacteria & mold at the molecular level
Best Large Room Air Purifier – This best air purifier for allergies comes with three filtration layers, including a pre-filter for large particles, a true HEPA filter for ultrafine particles (e.g. airborne pollutants), and an activated carbon filter for smoke, odors, and gases.
One unique feature with this large room, an air purifier is its option to use three replacement filters (labeled original for multi-purpose, pet allergy, and toxin absorber), which serve different purposes based on your situation.