Best Large Room Hepa Air Purifier – First of all, a personal insight: It’s quite a pleasure to review big air purifiers for large rooms. The reason is simple. When it comes to large room air purifiers, every air purifier brand brings its A-game.
Big air purifiers usually have the best filtration system (often H13 HEPA filters), highest CADR ratings, and higher maximal airflows. Many of these large air purifiers are the best brand models overall.
1.IQAir GC MultiGas
IQAir is a true giant in the air purifier industry, the only to claim as the World’s Best HEPA Air purifier, with the foundation to be 50 years ago. This brand is only dedicated to bringing out the luxury high-range air purifiers. IQAir GC MultiGas is currently the most powerful air purifier for large room.
So why did Breathe Quality award IQAir GC MultiGas the gold medal?
It has the highest-quality air filtration system and a powerful fan to keep your room clean fast and effectively. The IQAir GC MultiGas is the champion of big room air purifiers, with a coverage area of up to 1125 square feet.
Pros & Cons
- #1 Rated room air purifier for multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) & tobacco smoke
- Proven medical-grade air filtration: 100x more effective than HEPA air purifiers
- Only IQAir’s exclusive HyperHEPA filters stop ultrafine particles (down to 0.003 microns) EPA Establishment # 97566-CHE-1
- Powerful filtration: covers a room size up to 1,125 sq ft (104.5 sq m)
- Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery. CARB EO # G-10-059. Unable to ship to PO Boxes. Shipped in two boxes: Large box contains system with preinstalled pre-filter and post-filter sleeves. Smaller box contains GC MultiGas cartridges.
2.Blueair Classic 605
Blueair has also been a well-known name in the air purifier industry for over two decades. After years of expertise, it’s safe to say Blueair is a reliable source for air purifiers, particularly when it comes to huge air purifier machines for large rooms.
As the runners-up of best large room air purifiers list, Blueair Classic 605 can cover an extra large room of 775 square feet.
However, do not be fooled by the reduced room coverage; the Blueair Classic 605 is one of the most powerful air purifiers on the market today, with an unmatched fan power.
Pros & Cons
- Performance you can trust; Independently evaluated and third-party tested for performance as part of the AHAM Verified Program for room air cleaners
- Extra-large rooms; Filters the air at a rate of approx. 4.8x an hour (every 12.5 minutes at 698 ft²) to effectively lower and maintain particle levels
- HEPASilent technology; Removes 99.97% of airborne particles down to 0.1 microns, such as pollen, dust, mold, pet dander, bacteria, and viruses
- Wi-Fi enabled; Change settings remotely from your smartphone via the Blueair app or connect with your Amazon Alexa enabled device for voice control
- Odor removal with DualProtection filters; high-porosity coconut carbon removes gases, chemicals, VOC, and odors from pets, cooking, and smoking
- Sleep without disruption with noise-levels no louder than a whisper on low (33 dB) and equivalent to the white noise of a floor fan on high (62 dB)
3.Austin Air Healthmate
With the title of “The only Clinically Proven, Medical Grade Air Purifier”, Austin Air is always the first choice when it comes to choosing the best large room air purifier. If you could afford a high-range budget machine, Austin Air is the brand that is most frequently mentioned.
Their Austin Air HealthMate Plus is notable for large room coverage of 1500 square feet.
We can easily measure the fan power of this Austin Air flagship with a 5X ACH and 400 cfm CADR. This fan power is still extremely powerful for an air purifier, being double the CADR of the best low-range air purifiers like Coway AP-1512HH or Winix HR900.
Pros & Cons
- Compatibility: Replacement filter kit is compatible with Austin Air Healthmate FR400 Air Purifier filter. Fits Austin Air air purifier models HM400, HM402, HM405, HM410, HM450.
- Air Quality Improvement: True HEPA filtration is rated H13 and removes up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns in size including dust, smoke, pollen, pet hair and dander, and more.
- Filtration Levels: Carbon pre-filter reduces common odors as well as gases, chemicals and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) from cooking, cleaning and smoking. Particle pre-filter captures larger particles first, extending life of HEPA filter.
- Maintenance: Recommended to change this filter once every five (5) years under normal conditions, and more often under harsh air conditions. Package contains one (1) replacement HEPA filters and two (2) pre-filters.
- Approximate Measurements: 13.5 x 7.25 x 14.5 inches.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Coway Airmega 400S
As the current flagship of Coway, we have high expectations for the AIRMEGA 400S. Indeed, this air purifier maintains an excellent level of performance and functionality.
AIRMEGA 400S is a big room air purifier that can cover an area of up to 1560 square feet. Although the CADR is not stated in the documentation for this AIRMEGA, after doing several extensive testing, Breathe Quality recorded an underrated CADR of 340 Dust/ 350 Smoke/ 400 Pollen. This CADR specs is not sufficient for a large room coverage of 1560 sq ft.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 1,560 sq. ft. in 30 minutes
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor
- [APP and Voice Control] IoCare mobile app includes indoor and outdoor air quality monitoring, filter notification, scheduling, and speed and smart mode control. Coway Airmega also works with Amazon Alexa and Dash Replenishment
- [Smart Mode] With its Smart Mode feature, the Airmega automatically adapts to its surroundings by adjusting fan speeds based on the room's air quality. That means your unit is energy efficient without compromising effectiveness
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected
- [Sleep Mode] When the Airmega's built-in light and pollution sensors detect that the room has been dark and the air clean for 3 minutes, Sleep Mode reduces the purifier's noise and power consumption
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced and the prefilters need to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed
- [Air Quality Indicator] 24/7 pollution monitor air quality throughout the day, adjusting purification to the necessary level and saving energy when it's not needed
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify for 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy
- [Warranty] 5-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
5.Alen 75i Air Purifier
Alen is the first and the best air purifier brand that delivers a Forever Warranty – a policy to guarantee the rights of their customers, as well as show the absolute confidence in their products.
After many years of manufacturing the HEPA-type devices, finally we have a True HEPA flagship from Alen – the Alen BreatheSmart 75i.
With a coverage of 1300 square feet, Alen BreatheSmart 75i is the best air purifier for large rooms from this company.
Pros & Cons
- B7 PURE FILTER: Alen's Pure HEPA filter eliminates airborne allergens, dust, pollen, dust mites, dander, pet air, mold, and more. The fine mesh of an air purifier filter catches potentially harmful airborne particles.
- VERSATILE & QUIET: The Alen BreatheSmart 75i's are perfect air purifiers for the bedroom and living room. Our cleaners are dust removers for lofts, flats, workplaces, kitchens, basements, and big open-concept spaces. It is our most versatile and powerful large room air purifier that can clean a 1300 SqFt every 30 minutes. It is powerful, tranquil, and perfectly tuned to generate soothing pink noise.
- SMART SENSOR FEATURE: Using our air purifier, you can see your air quality at a glance, thanks to the LED color display. The AUTO mode is designed to run constantly. It is controlled by Smart Sensors, which detect air, dust, or pollutants and automatically speed up or slow down the fan to filter the air and change the quality.
- MEDICAL GRADE PROTECTION: This air cleaner has a medical-grade 3-Stage H13 Pure HEPA filtration that captures 99.99% of particles as small as 0.1 microns. HEPA air filtration is the third of the five stages. With the Pure HEPA filter, you'll get up to 12 months of pure air production.
- PERFECT GIFT WITH A RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Alen air purifiers aim to maintain our community’s health and wellness with cleaner pure air. From back-to-school preparations for classrooms, doctor’s offices, hotels, casinos, bars, lounges, restaurants, and most importantly your home, our air purifiers offer air filtration to everyone. A great gift for smokers and pet owners who need to improve their indoor air quality caring for their loved ones.
Sharp FP-A80UW is the last one in Breathe Quality’s best large room air purifiers list, and this air purifier comes from one of the most well-known electronics incorporation in the world – Sharp. With high fan power, Sharp FP-A80UW can cover up to 455 square feet.
This air purifier also comes with a great CADR rating of 303 Dust/ 293 Smoke/ 360 Pollen (cfm) and an ACH rating of 5X.
Pros & Cons
- [WORLD LEADING AIR PURIFIER BRAND] SHARP Plasmacluster air purifiers have been certified as “World’s Leading Air Purifier Brand” by Euromonitor International Limited. This claim is based on research conducted in May-September 2021 for Euromonitor’s Consumer Appliances 2022ed published on November 2021. A leading brand is defined as the top 3 brands by volume sales.
- [LARGE ROOMS] Effective up to 2,198 sq. ft. at one air change per hour, the FPA80UW will filter the air in the AHAM Suggested Room Size of 454 sq. ft. at 4.8 air changes per hour.
- [LONG LIFE FILTERS] Includes Activated Carbon Deodorizing Filter, and True HEPA Filter. True HEPA Filter May Last up-to 2 Years Depending on Environment.
- [3-FAN SPEEDS] Max, Med, Low Fan Speeds, Plus Quick Clean, and Auto. The Library Quiet Sleep setting as low as 23dBA is perfect for the bedroom.
- [LABORATORY TESTED CADR RATINGS BY AHAM] Smoke (293) / Dust (303) / Pollen (360).
With an unmatched fan power, together with a H13 True HEPA filter, the Medify MA-112 officially wins a slot in our list of the best large room air purifiers. This is the flagship of Medify Air, packing with the internal power that you could expect from a flagship, with much lower price than things like the IQAir GC MultiGas or Blueair Classic 605.
Medify MA-112 is suggested for a room size of 1200 to 2400 square feet by the manufacturer, and with the AHAM’s CADR rating of 400 Dust/ 450 Smoke/ 450 Pollen (cfm), this is one of the best air purifiers for fan power we’ve ever tested.
Pros & Cons
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans up to 5,000 sq ft in one hr, 2,500 sq ft in 30 min, 1,250 sq ft in 15 min. [*Based on average CADR for pollen, smoke, and dust when operating at fan setting 3. Assumes closed room with 8 ft ceiling.] Perfect for extra large rooms.
- DUAL HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 4 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a maximum noise level of 70 dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, optional ionizer, dust sensor, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, auto mode, PM2.5 pollution indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B07LFJMS2S) lasts 3,000 hours or about 6 months.
Best Large Room Hepa Air Purifier – Large rooms can accumulate large amounts of air pollutants. You could put 2 or more small air purifiers in a big room, and remove dust, pollen, smoke, and other air pollutants.
Better still, however, is to do the most obvious thing:
Get a big air purifier for a big room. A 500+ sq ft room does need an air purifier with a 500+ sq ft recommended coverage area (preferably with AHAM Verifide seal).