Best Non Ozone Air Purifier – An air purifier cleans the air in your home or office and improving your air quality. Pet dander and hair, dust, and even food odors can be unpleasant, and Ozone Free Air Purifiers will clean all these and more out of your air, without adding additional Ozone.
That’s right, some air purifiers actually make ozone, which when you think about it is really counterproductive. Ozone can actually be just as bad for you as cigarettes. If you don’t let people smoke cigarettes around you, why would you want an ozone generator masked as an air purifier around you? There are a lot of different kinds of air purifiers, and they are not all healthy. Some are even ozone generators, which is why it is so important to find a purifier for your home or office that reduces your ozone exposure.
1.Blueair Blue Pure 211+
This is one of the ozone-free air purifiers that comes with a bit more premium price tag, but it is an attractive model that is aesthetically pleasing. It has a black and white theme, with the top half being white, the bottom black, and a white button logo dead center. Just like our number one choice, it has a carbon filter. This air purifier not only is ozone free but can help to remove existing ozone particles in your interior area.
It will filter particles like pet dander, pet hair, dust mites, allergens and irritants, mold, smoke, and odor-causing bacteria particles. If you are not a fan of black and white, you can order a different color fabric filter. This customizable purifier is definitely a must for those who prefer to constantly change their interior design and style. There is grey, black, blue, yellow and pink available. The features and performance make this the second-best air purifier we have found.
Pros & Cons
- AUTO ADJUSTS SO YOU CAN REST EASY: One touch auto mode uses a particle sensor to monitor pollutant levels and adjusts fan to ensure optimal air quality; LED indicator displays air quality status as excellent (blue), moderate (orange) or polluted (red)
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair’s HEPASilent dual filtration delivers more clean air using less noise and energy than traditional HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 550sqft large room in about 12.5 min or up to 2640sqft XL space in 60min, on high
- RATED BEST FOR LOWEST ANNUAL ENERGY CONSUMPTION: Quieter (23 dB) than whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (4W) than an LED lightbulb on low so it’s kind to your wallet and the planet
- REMOVES 99.99% OF COMMON ALLERGENS: Helps reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES DOWN TO 0.1 MICRON: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes 99.97% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, viruses and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps light household odors from smoking, pets and cooking
- MOST AWARDED AIR PURIFIER BRAND IN THE US: Blue Pure 211+ Auto has won Good Housekeeping – 10 Best Air Purifiers of 2021, Best Overall Air Purifier; Rolling Stone – Best Air Purifiers for Smoke & Smog 2021
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR PERFORMANCE & SAFETY, ZERO OZONE: AHAM Verifide for CADR; Ozone Safety Standards Certified by CARB; Zero Ozone Verified (
2.SilverOnyx Air Purifier
This small and lightweight model can easily be moved from room to room if desired. With five stages of filtering, this air purifier with a true H13 HEPA filter is a great option for a home with pets or for those who have allergies. It will clean your air with a high-efficiency particulate air rate with its multiple air filters. It has UV c light and ionizers to fully clean your home.
It could also be a good choice for an office space that is near a dusty work area, with this lightweight and easy to transport model the possibilities are endless! It has a sleek black silo shape, and the filter is easy to change with only a counterclockwise turn and an upwards pull. These reasons are why we chose this as the third-best air purifier.
Pros & Cons
- Air Purifiers for Home Large Room: True Hepa H13 charcoal filter captures 99.97% of dust as small as 0.3 microns; such as airborne dust, pet hair, odors, and other household dust
- 5 Stages of Air Cleaning: Advanced purification for the cleanest air quality; A combination filter cartridge with mesh pre-filter and Hepa H13 activated carbon filter, plus a UV light and Ion generator to freshen air even further
- True Hepa Filtration: High quality air purifier with a True Hepa H13 filter that captures 99.97% of particles including ultra-fine dust, smoke, fiber and pet hair
- Clean Air Ionizer: The SilverOnyx Hepa air purifier with ionizer, UV light, and activated carbon filter; The most sophisticated air purification technologies for the freshest air; A 2.5 Pm (particulate matter) sensor automatically adjusts air flow to ensure consistently high quality air
- Air Purifiers for Home Large Room: best bedroom aire cleaner allergies h13 carbon casa clean cleaners dander dorm dust fan feet filter filters filtration h13 hair hepa living rooms machine office mold pet pets purifer purificador purifier reusable siler silver onyx silveronyx small smoke smokers square true uv
3.IQAir HealthPro Plus
This elite air purifier is a work of art. It would be ideal for someone fascinated with architecture or construction. It almost resembles a fancy office building with a curved bridge-like base. This model has six speeds and comes with a handy remote control, or can be used with the built-in panel on top. If purchased from the manufacture’s website, you can set up a payment plan making it a very affordable purifier.
Although this model is quite heavy, it does have wheels that can be put on which will make it easier to move unless you have a heavily carpeted house. This is an investment, but especially if you have children with health issues this is a worthwhile investment with along warranty that will last you since it removes particulates like odors, allergens, and other common irritants.
Pros & Cons
- Unrivaled Performance: The HealthPro Plus is the #1 Rated room air purifier for homes, offices, schools, hospitals, industrial, and commercial sites. Has received more top reviews and awards than any other air purifier. Chosen by the Hong Kong Hospital Authority for both SARS-CoV-1 & SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Superior airflow with the 320-degree EvenFlow Diffuser efficiently filters all the air in large rooms and bedrooms numerous times an hour.
- Medical Grade H14 HyperHEPA Filter: Proven and certified by a third-party testing lab to remove and trap 99.995% of all airborne particles down to 0.003 microns, the HealthPro Plus supplies unequaled protection against bacteria, dust, mold, pollen, pet dander, smoke from wildfires, odors, harmful chemicals like formaldehyde, and more. True HEPA filtration.
- Long Lasting & Cost-Efficient Filters: Three different filters clean the air four different ways. Pre-filter traps coarse particles. Activated carbon adsorption and pelletized chemisorption filter odors and gasses. HyperHEPA traps fine and ultrafine particles. Long-lasting filters – 16 to18 months for the pre-filter, 2 years for the gas and odor filter, 3 years, 9 months to 4 years, 2 months for the HyperHEPA filter - helps save money over the air cleaner’s lifetime, and more eco-friendly.
- Energy Saving and Ultra-quiet Air Cleaner: The HealthPro Plus emits ultra-quiet, low-decibel sound across all four fan speeds. The fan-in-center design places the motor between sound-reducing filters. Doubled-walled housing limits sound. Rubber suspension pads isolate motor vibration from the air cleaner housing. EvenFlow Diffuser deflects sound back into the system. Powerful fan uses only as much electricity as a conventional light bulb, amounting to pennies per day to operate.
- Certified Performance: Each HealthPro Plus air purifier is made in Switzerland and individually tested for total system efficiency. If the system is not delivering 99.97% cleaner air or better, it does not get shipped. The results of the tests are detailed in a hand-signed Certificate of Performance. Every system comes with a 10-year limited warranty. Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery. CARB EO # G-10-059.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
This is a mid-level type of air cleaners that are sleek and stylish. It has an all-black color and is a reasonable weight. If purchased from the manufacturer’s website, white is also a color choice. This air purifier can clean a large area in a short amount of time, giving you almost instantly cleaner air quality.
It has a built-in handle to make it easier to move from room to room if you have a larger house. This air purifier, like many of the other air purifiers, cleans your air of particles like germs, pollen, mold, nasty odors, smoke, and dust with its three-stage filter.
Pros & Cons
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans up to 1,600 sq ft in one hr, 840 sq ft in 30 min, 430 sq ft in 15 min. [*Based on average CADR for pollen, smoke, and dust when operating at fan setting 3. Assumes closed room with 8 ft ceiling.] Perfect for large rooms.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 3 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a min noise level of 46dB and max of 66dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch screen operation panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B07RSC6C46) lasts 3,000 hours or about 6 months.
5.COLZER Air Purifier
This air purifier is a great choice for smaller spaces in the home such as a nursery, bathroom, or laundry room. It has a modern design and is small and compact. This would be ideal to take to work for a small office area, or even used in a home office situation.
The activated carbon later can actually help reduce the amount of ozone in your area. The sleep mode makes it a great option for a smaller bedroom because it is about equivalent in noise to a rural area at night. This is a great choice if you want to breathe easily and sleep soundly at night.
Pros & Cons
- ❃【High-Efficiency Filtration】HEPA air purifier with large CADR, rating at 220 m³/h (130 CFM) for a home large room, which is powerful enough to refresh the air up to 300 sq ft rooms in 10 minutes , 900 sq ft in 30 minutes , 1800 sq ft in 60 minutes. Best serves a helper when you have pets or when smoke and in a new apartment.
- ❃【3-Stage Filter in Air Purifier】 Air cleaner with pre-filter, HEPA efficient filter, and activated carbon filter to purify home odors. Pre-filter prevents > 0.2 mm fiber particles like hair in air,efficiency up to 99.9%. HEPA filter for the second purify, prevent and remove dust pollution, provide an air quality standard of PM2.5. Activated carbon filter could powerfully absorb and solidify as well as crystallize, so it can absorb bad smell from the air to release clean air to people.
- ❃【Air purifiers for home with Auto Mode】In Auto (A) mode, this odor eliminator with HEPA filter will automatically adjust the fan speed according to the air quality it detects, best clean your living air.
- ❃【Air Cleaner with ultra-quiet Sleep Mode】Get a great night's rest in your bedroom, air purifier operates with noise levels low to 23 dB in Sleep (S) Mode, allowing you to enjoy a quiet and soothing indoor environment help you fall asleep. Also save energy with fan rotating of about 480 RPM and rated power of 50W.
- ❃【Reliable Quality】Apart from the quality test while manufacturing, this portable room air purifier is FCC certificated, CARB and ETL listed, and comes with a 2-year free warranty. If you meet any question, please feel free to contact our service department.
6.Bissell Smart Purifier
This is a three-stage filtration device that catches all the gross stuff in your air; particles like pollen, pet dander, dust, and smoke, and even traps odors such as pet, smoke, and even the occasional cooking mishap we all try to avoid. It has both auto and sleep modes.
This is a great choice for much larger spaces such as basements or dining rooms. If you are a pet lover, proceeds of sales of this item go to an organization that saves pets. Another perk is that the cord for this is six feet long, so you have some options on where to place it in relation to your wall outlets. With a three-year warranty, you can have peace of mind that your air purification system will last. It is available in both black and grey options.
Pros & Cons
- 3-Stage Filtration for Simply Clean Air. Includes a pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and an H13 HEPA filter to capture large and fine particles, home odors, odors from pet, and VOCs.
- Medical-grade HEPA Filter. Captures 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns and smaller when on lowest fan speed, helping to remove airborne allergens and irritants like dust, pet dander, pollen, and smoke like that from wildfires, cooking, and smoking.
- Honeycomb-Structured Carbon Filter. Filter contains thousands of activated carbon pellets engineered to capture gases, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and common household odors including odors from pets, cooking and smoke.
- Large Room Coverage and AHAM Certified. Filters 1252 sq. ft. with 1 air change/hour. Filters 626 sq. ft. with 2 air changes/hour. Filters 417 sq. ft. with 3 air changes/hour. Filters rooms 258 sq. ft. providing 4.8 air changes/hour.
- Low Energy and Library Quiet. Energy Star rated and equipped with 5 fan speeds the lowest of which is as quiet as a library.
- Automated CirQulate System. VOC sensor monitors and provides colored-coded, indoor air quality feedback and adjusts to the appropriate fan speed for continuous clean air.
- Whisper Quiet Sound Level. Equipped with 5 fan speeds the lowest of which is whisper quiet. Perfect for bedrooms and contributes to a peaceful sleeping environment.
- Optimized Airflow. Powerful XL fan draws air in through the front of the air purifier and through 3 filters, releasing clean air through the top of the machine.
- Easy Filter Maintenance. Filter change indicator will inform you when it’s time for new filters. Filters should be replaced approximately every 6 months. Only use genuine BISSELL Replacement Filters to ensure excellent performance. Search AMAZON ASIN: B09BP4FW9F.
7.Coway Airmega 300
This upscale designed Airmega 300 air purifier removes airborne particles like allergens, fungi, and pollen; as well as odors, gasses, and VOCs. The Airmega 300 has three modes: the smart mode that automatically adjusts its fan speed and room coverage based on the number of particles in the air surrounding the air purifier, the eco mode to save energy when it detects very few harmful particles in the surrounding air, and the sleep mode to reduce noise at night.
It has a modern design and can be incorporated into most décor schemes in any home. The Airmega 300 also has a standard five-year warranty to give you peace of mind that your investment for the healthiest air will be worthwhile.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 1,256 sq. ft. in 30 minutes.
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor.
- [Smart Mode] With its Smart Mode feature, the Airmega automatically adapts to its surroundings by adjusting fan speeds based on the room's air quality. That means your unit in energy efficient without compromising effectiveness.
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected.
- [Sleep Mode] When the Airmega's built-in pollution sensor detects that the air is clean for 3 minutes, Sleep Mode reduces the purifier's noise and power consumption.
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced and the prefilters need to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed.
- [Air Quality Indicator] 24/7 pollution monitor air quality throughout the day, adjusting purification to the necessary level and saving energy when it's not needed.
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify for 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy.
- [Warranty] 5-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Best Non Ozone Air Purifier – Air purifiers sanitize air by removing allergens, pollutants, and toxins from small to large rooms. Some personal air purifiers fit this bill on a smaller scale.
If you enjoy the use of air purifiers at home, you may wish to gain the same benefits when you’re on-the-go and in different indoor environments.
Personal air purifiers come in different sizes and rely on varying technologies. Some are small and portable. Others are wearable.