Best Portable Air Purifier – A lot of the conversations surrounding air pollution revolves around the outdoors, but given that the average person spends 93 percent of their lives indoors, the quality of the air inside is just as, if not more so, important.
In fact, the air inside can be five-times more polluted than the air outside thanks to the lack of circulation in a lot of indoor spaces. If left unchecked, a lot of the pollutants hiding in the air can have damaging effects on our health, from agitating those who suffer from allergies or asthma to provoking respiratory infections.
1.KOIOS Air Purifier
This is a compact, yet effective, HEPA air purifier that is also easy to use. Featuring 360° deep purification, this air purifier has three different modes, including a quiet setting that won’t disturb your sleep if you’d like to keep it running.
I keep mine in my bedroom (which is where I also work during the day) on my nightstand; it’s so quiet, I can leave it on throughout the day while I’m on Zoom calls or composing emails without any distracting sounds. The filter only has to be replaced every six months and aren’t terribly expensive, so maintenance isn’t a draining hassle.
Pros & Cons
- KOIOS EPI153 AIR PURIFIER FOR LARGE ROOM - With the high-efficiency filtration system, the air purifier covers an area up to 861ft²(80m²). 8x air changes per hour in 215ft², 4x air changes per hour in 430ft², 2x air changes per hour in 816ft². Modern design fits in any space from small to large rooms, bedrooms, living rooms, offices, baby rooms, kitchens and basements. Perfect for pet owners, allergics, babies, children, the elderly, or anyone wanting to improve the air quality.
- HIGH CADR H13 TRUE HEPA AIR PURIFIER – The pre-filter, H13 true HEPA filter and high-efficiency activated carbon filter capture allergens, pet hair, dander, smoke, odor, and large dust particles, in addition to removing airborne contaminants as small as 0.3 microns. Powerful efficient Air filter cleaner prevents respiratory problems, allergic reactions, and asthma.
- QUIET, ENERGY-SAVING WITH SMART FILTER REMINDER - Let your purifier work unnoticed thanks to the extremely quiet but powerful motor, which will not affect your work, study or sleep. Running in low power makes it a winner for energy-saving. Filter change reminder notifies you when it's time for a fresh filter, ensuring the purifier maintains peak performance. The replacement filter should be replaced every 3-6 months depending on the environment and usage frequency (Search for B09C5CSJ4B).
- 4 TIMER SETTINGS, 4 MODES AND NIGHT LIGHT – The buttons on the panel include: power button, timer button, speed button and filter change reminder button. The 4 timer options (1H/2H/4H/8H) allow you set the air purifier to run for a specific time, helping you save energy and money, while 4 modes (Sleep/1/2/3) allow you to choose a speed based on different purification needs and size of the room. Press any button on the body for 3 seconds to turn ON/OFF the night light when the machine is running.
- WORRY-FREE PURCHASE - We love our customers and take pride in providing a pleasant shopping experience. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us. We offer 24/7 live chat or call support and try our best to solve the problems for you. Tips: please remove the plastic bag off the H13 HEPA filter before running the air purifier.
2.Pure Enrichment Genuine 2-in-1
This air purifier is compact enough to take with you on the go, or keep on a small or cramped desk without eating up precious space. But don’t let its small size fool you — it doesn’t sacrifice efficiency for size. Featuring a two-stage air purification process, this purifier promises to eliminate up to 99.7 percent of contaminants, whether that be pollen, dust or foul odors.
It’s also quiet enough to efficiently clean the air without drawing attention to itself, whether you happen to be using it on public transport, a study session or you just generally prefer to see, not hear, your air purifiers.
Pros & Cons
- 2-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION: Stage 1: Carbon Activated Pre-filter; Stage 2: True HEPA filter
- CAPTURE + ELIMINATE HARMFUL PARTICLES: Our genuine filter cleans your air from 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns like dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and household odors
- BREATHE EASIER: Only Pure Enrichment True HEPA filters improve air quality by reducing allergens and improving sleep quality
- LONG-LASTING: For optimal performance and to maintain the integrity of your air purifier, change your PureZone 2-in-1 True HEPA filter every 6 months
- COMPATIBILITY: 2-in-1 air filter designed for the PureZone Mini Air Purifier (sold separately)
Another Winix, the AM90, uses the same HEPA filter as the 5500-2 and delivered virtually identical performance in our testing. It has a more contemporary design that many people are likely to find more attractive (if you prefer white—the only color option).
It adds Wi-Fi capability and a rudimentary app, and it typically costs a few dollars more than the 5500-2. The almost identical Winix AM80 lacks the AM90’s Wi-Fi capability and comes only in dark gray.
Pros & Cons
- True HEPA filter captures 99. 97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0. 3 microns.
- Plasma wave technology safely breaks apart odors, allergens, chemical vapors, and other pollutants at the molecular level. Wattage: 65W
- AHAM verified room size of 360 sq. Ft. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kid’s bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens. CADR (Dust / Pollen / Smoke): 233 / 240 / 230
- Wi-Fi Enabled – connect with the Winix Smart App to control and monitor your air quality. Never run out of replacement filters by enabling Amazon Dash Replenishment in the Winix Smart App.
- Works with Alexa for voice commands and air Quality information.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Holmes Desktop HEPA-Type
You’d be forgiven if you gave this a quick glance and mistook it for a clock or radio, but this air purifier’s slim design makes it suited perfectly for desks and other workspaces, whether you need it to sit horizontally or vertically to accommodate laptops or other belongings.
Mold, smoke, bacteria, pet dander and other contaminants are no match for the powerful HEPA filter and ionizer duo, working in tandem to keep the air from being dirty and stale.
Pros & Cons
- REMOVES UP TO 99% OF AIRBORNE PARTICLES: The Holmes Desktop HEPA-Type Air Purifier with Optional Ionizer captures particles as small as 2 microns, removing up to 99% of airborne particles and allergens such as pollen, dust, mold, pet dander, and smoke from the air so you can breathe more comfortably
- INCLUDES IONIZER: This Holmes air purifier features an optional air ionizer that helps to bind negative ions to airborne smoke, dust, and pollen to form larger particles that are more easily captured, helping to clean air more thoroughly and tackling odors
- 70 CADR: Air purifier provides a 70 CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate)
- CUSTOMIZABLE SETTINGS: 3 speed settings to help you keep your air clean and pure
- SLIM DESIGN, IDEAL FOR SMALL ROOMS: Recommended for rooms up to 109 sq. ft.; can be placed vertically or horizontally anywhere, including a table or desktop.
- DURABLE: 3-year limited warranty
- HEPA type filter helps remove up to 99% of airborne particles as small as 2 microns from the air passing through it
- 3 speed settings provide options for different conditions, and optional ionizer assists in particle removal
- Slim dual positioning design can be placed vertically or horizontally to best fit your space
- Recommended for rooms up to 109 sq ft (10ft x 11ft), Smoke CADR 70
- Any Holmes AER1 Series HAPF30AT, HAPF30AO, HAPF30AH, HAPF300AP Filters or Holmes HAPF30D-U2 HEPA TYPE or Holmes HAPF300D-U2 TRUE HEPA Filter & a Holmes Arm and Hammer Carbon Filter AOR31
5.Molekule Air Mini
This mini air purifier by Molekule may be significantly more expensive than the others mentioned on our list, but that’s because it’s more powerful. By using a process known as Photochemical Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) nanotechnology to destroy contaminants in the air. In short, instead of trapping things like dust, mold and viruses, this air purifier actually destroys them.
But don’t worry, you don’t have to be Bill Nye the Science Guy to use this; in fact, this air purifier’s settings are extremely customizable. Though there are five pre-set speeds available, and you can automate settings to be even quieter or more powerful to match to your unique preferences.
Pros & Cons
- FDA-cleared to destroy viruses: Molekule Air Mini is FDA-cleared as a 510(k) Class II medical device to destroy viruses & bacteria, and trap 95% of particles 0.3-1 micron in size.
- Made for smaller spaces: designed for smaller spaces up to 250 sq. ft. like studio apartments, kids’ bedrooms & home offices
- PECO-powered: Uses Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) nanotechnology to destroy viruses, allergens, bacteria, mold, chemicals & more
- With 5 fan speeds to choose from, you can customize your purification needs, from whisper quiet, to boost. For home-or-commercial healthcare use, Mini should be used on fan speed 3 or higher.
- PECO-Filter status indicator: Easily track the replacement schedule for your PECO-Filter
- Ready to purify: Comes with a 6-month filter. Automatic filter refills available. See manufacturer's website.
- Whisper quiet: With a 39-decibel Silent Mode, Air Mini is sonically unobtrusive
- Portable: With its vegan-leather handle, Air Mini can be easily carried and placed anywhere in the home or business.
- App-enabled: Check filter status and change your device’s fan speed from your app, wherever you are
- Molekule PECO-Filters purify air thanks to a proprietary coating. Only Molekule-branded filters are warrantied for use with Molekule air purifiers.Lowest speed — 20 W/h Highest speed — 55 W/h
6.LEVOIT Air Purifiers
We recently featured this best-selling option on our list of the Best Air Purifiers for Smoke and Smog, but it’s just as adept at combatting everyday contaminants, such as allergens or viruses. For those looking for more power without a higher price tag, this is a perfect option.
With a powerful three-stage filtration process and several filter options available, this air purifier promises to always meet your needs and give you the peace of mind that your air is contaminant free, freeing you from excessive sneezing and debilitating congestion. The sleek design allows you to keep this pretty much anywhere without being a nuisance, perfect for a desk or side table.
Pros & Cons
- 100% OZONE-FREE: The Vital 100 is completely ozone free and never uses UV-C light, which the research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: With a CADR of 130 CFM/ 221 m3/h, the Vital 100 is perfect for living rooms, bedrooms, and kitchens. Covers 300 ft²/ 28 m² in only 18 minutes. (Only products over 6 pounds can be equipped with such powerful motors that optimize the air cleaning performance)
- 3-STAGE FILTRATION: Comes equipped with a washable pre-filter for large particles like lint and fur, a High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter for toxic fumes and unpleasant odors, and an H13 True HEPA Filter, which captures at least 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size.
- SLEEP COMFORTABLY: With noise levels as low as 23 decibels, the Vital 100 won’t keep you up at night. You can also turn off the display lights when it’s time for bed.
- USER-FRIENDLY: Set a timer for 2, 4, or 8 hours whenever you like. The Check Filter Indicator will let you know when it’s time for a fresh filter.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: It only costs dollar 1.66 a week to run the Vital 100 24/7 , allowing you to use it all day during times of high pollution, like wildfire season.
- EASY TO PLACE: The compact design and top-facing air vents let you place the Vital 100 near walls or in the corner of a room.
- FILTER REPLACEMENTS: Depending on usage, the filters should be replaced every 6–8 months. You can buy new filters by searching "B08BC5V6ZF" and "B085C22XWC". Remove the plastic wrap before installing a new filter.
Best Portable Air Purifier – The best portable air purifiers help to remove dangerous particles from the air that could affect your breathing and health. It works by using a fan that sucks in the air, where it passes through a filter that traps the pollutants before the air is expelled back into the room.
The filter allows clean air to circulate freely throughout the room, as opposed to stale air. An improvement in air quality not only leads to overall better health, but can also improve the quality of your sleep if you keep an air purifier in your bedroom.