Best Rated Home Air Purifier – You will know when you’ve got one of the best air purifiers for home, because you will actually feel the difference at home. A good air purifier will clear the majority of pollutants from the air quickly and quietly, leaving you breathing fresh, clean air.
They’re one of those appliances that you can’t live without once you try. They can alleviate allergies, just like the best vacuum cleaners, help you sleep better at night and can help deodorize the home too — a useful feature if your kitchen constantly smells after using one of the best air fryers or one of the best instant pots.
1.Coway Airmega AP-1512HH
The Coway AP-1512 HH Mighty is consistently ranked among the best air purifiers on the market — and with good reason. It’s also one of the quickest to sell out at online and brick-and-mortar stores.
It’s reasonably priced for how well it works and it has most of the features we’d want in an air purifier, including a programmable timer, four fan speeds and a filter indicator light. As a result, it’s a bit hard to find in stock right now.
Replacement filters are fairly cheap and energy costs relatively low, which makes the Coway one of the least expensive air purifiers of its caliber to maintain year to year.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 361 sq. ft. in 12.5 minutes or up to 874 sq. ft. in 30 minutes.
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor.
- [Auto Mode] Constantly monitoring the air quality, the fan automatically adjusts to most effectively purify your space as needed providing a new level of clean in real time.
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected.
- [3-Stage Manual Fan Speed] Control your AP-1512HH's fan manually with low, medium, and high settings.
- [Air Quality Indicator] Pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. Brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. You can turn off the light for sleeping.
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced, and the pre-filter needs to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed.
- [Ultra Quiet] Ultra quiet operation with noise levels ranging from 24 dB to 53 dB.
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy.
- [Warranty] 3-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
2.Blueair Blue Pure 211+
The Blue Pure 211+ is highly rated for its solid performance in removing dust, smoke and pollen from room air.
The Blueair’s filters aren’t true HEPA-certified, but they are still effective. They work by giving particles an electric charge, which causes those particles to stick to filter fibers.
The Blue 211+ pre-filter comes in five different colors, from eye-popping yellow to low-key gray, so you can customize the look for your space. The machine also has a filter indicator light to let you know when it’s time to replace your main filter.
Pros & Cons
- AUTO ADJUSTS SO YOU CAN REST EASY: One touch auto mode uses a particle sensor to monitor pollutant levels and adjusts fan to ensure optimal air quality; LED indicator displays air quality status as excellent (blue), moderate (orange) or polluted (red)
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair’s HEPASilent dual filtration delivers more clean air using less noise and energy than traditional HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 550sqft large room in about 12.5 min or up to 2640sqft XL space in 60min, on high
- RATED BEST FOR LOWEST ANNUAL ENERGY CONSUMPTION: Quieter (23 dB) than whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (4W) than an LED lightbulb on low so it’s kind to your wallet and the planet
- REMOVES 99.99% OF COMMON ALLERGENS: Helps reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES DOWN TO 0.1 MICRON: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes 99.97% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, viruses and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps light household odors from smoking, pets and cooking
- MOST AWARDED AIR PURIFIER BRAND IN THE US: Blue Pure 211+ Auto has won Good Housekeeping – 10 Best Air Purifiers of 2021, Best Overall Air Purifier; Rolling Stone – Best Air Purifiers for Smoke & Smog 2021
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR PERFORMANCE & SAFETY, ZERO OZONE: AHAM Verifide for CADR; Ozone Safety Standards Certified by CARB; Zero Ozone Verified (
3.Blueair Pure 411
The Blue Pure 411 is like the 211+’s much smaller sibling. It uses similar filtering technology and features and comes in a variety of colors.
Where the Blue Pure 411 stands out is in price and efficiency. The purifier is inexpensive to buy and maintain (around $20 annually for replacement filters), and it uses significantly less energy than most other air purifiers we researched. The machine is also small and quiet, making it a great choice for your bedroom. In addition, it’s compact size is ideal for smaller spaces or apartments.
Pros & Cons
- HEPASilent technology removes particles like dust, PM 2.5 Pollutants up to 99.97%
- Small rooms like doom room and nursery (100~161 ft2)
- 3-Stage Filtration System; Washable Pre-Filter, Particle, Carbon Filter
- 360 degree air-intake
- Quiet Mode. Sound level: 17~16 decibel
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Austin Air HealthMate
The Austin Air Healthmate HM-400’s main selling point is its high-performing and long-lasting filters, which handle everything from mold and pet dander to gas and chemical contaminants.
It isn’t CADR-tested, but it gets high marks from reviewers for filtering volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that come from household products such as paints, pesticides and air fresheners better than most other machines on the market. What’s more, many users with extreme allergies reported a significant reduction in their symptoms.
Pros & Cons
- The Austin Air Healthmate is the best choice for people looking for everyday protection from indoor air pollutants.
- Highly efficient at removing a wide range of indoor air pollutants such as dust, pet dander, pollen and gases from the home.
- Over 780 cubic inches of activated carbon and zeolite filtration removes chemicals, gases and odors
- The Austin Air Healthmate reduces coughing, wheezing and sneezing. Reduces dry mouth and runny nose. Reduces snoring and helps you sleep better. Strengthens the immune system.
Honeywell air purifiers get decent reviews across the board, and the HPA300 is a good unit for a fairly reasonable price.
It has among the highest CADR ratings for smoke, dust and pollen of the units we recommend, and it can filter slightly larger rooms effectively. It also has four speeds (compared with three on most units), a programmable timer and adjustable control panel lights. Customer with severe allergies have recommended this air purifier, while others have mentioned how quiet it is on higher speeds than some other units
Pros & Cons
- MEDIUM/LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HPA030 HEPA Air Purifier helps provide cleaner, fresher air. Recommended for medium/large rooms (200 sq. feet), HEPA Filtration helps capture up to 99.97% of microscopic airborne allergens and particles.
- HELPS REDUCE ALLERGENS – This quiet air purifier has 3 levels of cleaning power to capture 99.7% the following microscopic airborne allergen and particles: dust, pollen, pet dander, dust mite debris and smoke.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING & CIRCULATION – A Honeywell Air Purifier filters and circulates air in a 200 sq. ft. room up to 4.8x an hour. The activated carbon pre-filter helps capture large airborne particles and reduces odors and VOCs.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT – This Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier earned the ENERGY STAR label by meeting strict energy efficient guidelines set by the U.S. EPA.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE – For best performance, use only genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
The Levoit LV-H132 is an Amazon best-seller and the most budget-friendly purifier on our list. Reviewers said it does a decent job for the price, especially with pet odors. It’s also a sleek machine that’s lightweight, compact and portable, so you can easily move it around your home.
At this price, you can’t expect bells and whistles — and the Levoit LV-H132 doesn’t have any. There is no programmable timer, and the device’s filter indicator light reminds you to check your filters but does not tell you when it’s time to actually replace them.
Pros & Cons
- OFFICIAL REPLACEMENT FILTER: Using official Levoit True HEPA Replacement Filters guarantees the best performance for your air purifier and ensures what you're buying is worthy of your investment. Search B07V23KX9K to buy straight from Levoit.
- Use only genuine LEVOIT lv-h132 replacement filters to keep your air purifier at its best working condition and capacity
- Fine preliminary, H13 true hepa filter and activated carbon filter. It removes 99.97% of dust, pollen, smoke, odor, mold spores, and pet dander
- Perfect for those who are sensitive to the surrounding air quality. It will not release hazardous substances or ozone
- Filters are sealed to protect their lifetime. It is recommended to replace air filters every 6 months. Remove filters from plastic packaging before placing them into air purifier
7.IQAir HealthPro Plus
Let’s state the obvious: the IQAir HealthPro Plus is expensive. At around $900, it’s several times the price of many other picks on our list.
But if you’re serious about air purification, this machine is well worth your consideration. It uses HyperHEPA filters, which reportedly retain particles at a rate 100 times higher than standard HEPA filters, as well as a secondary filter for odors and gases.
The IQAir HealthPro Plus also covers a huge area (1,125 square feet) at two air changes per hour, and can do six per hour in a smaller room. Plus, it has six speeds, programming options, filter indicators and a remote control.
Pros & Cons
- Unrivaled Performance: The HealthPro Plus is the #1 Rated room air purifier for homes, offices, schools, hospitals, industrial, and commercial sites. Has received more top reviews and awards than any other air purifier. Chosen by the Hong Kong Hospital Authority for both SARS-CoV-1 & SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Superior airflow with the 320-degree EvenFlow Diffuser efficiently filters all the air in large rooms and bedrooms numerous times an hour.
- Medical Grade H14 HyperHEPA Filter: Proven and certified by a third-party testing lab to remove and trap 99.995% of all airborne particles down to 0.003 microns, the HealthPro Plus supplies unequaled protection against bacteria, dust, mold, pollen, pet dander, smoke from wildfires, odors, harmful chemicals like formaldehyde, and more. True HEPA filtration.
- Long Lasting & Cost-Efficient Filters: Three different filters clean the air four different ways. Pre-filter traps coarse particles. Activated carbon adsorption and pelletized chemisorption filter odors and gasses. HyperHEPA traps fine and ultrafine particles. Long-lasting filters – 16 to18 months for the pre-filter, 2 years for the gas and odor filter, 3 years, 9 months to 4 years, 2 months for the HyperHEPA filter - helps save money over the air cleaner’s lifetime, and more eco-friendly.
- Energy Saving and Ultra-quiet Air Cleaner: The HealthPro Plus emits ultra-quiet, low-decibel sound across all four fan speeds. The fan-in-center design places the motor between sound-reducing filters. Doubled-walled housing limits sound. Rubber suspension pads isolate motor vibration from the air cleaner housing. EvenFlow Diffuser deflects sound back into the system. Powerful fan uses only as much electricity as a conventional light bulb, amounting to pennies per day to operate.
- Certified Performance: Each HealthPro Plus air purifier is made in Switzerland and individually tested for total system efficiency. If the system is not delivering 99.97% cleaner air or better, it does not get shipped. The results of the tests are detailed in a hand-signed Certificate of Performance. Every system comes with a 10-year limited warranty. Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery. CARB EO # G-10-059.
Best Rated Home Air Purifier – In fact, some air purifiers even claim to protect against COVID-19 coronavirus by filtering any airborne particles which are carrying the virus, according to Consumer Reports.
While air purifiers can’t catch everything and aren’t a replacement for clean, outdoor air, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, they’re still a useful addition to the home, particularly if you spend a lot of time indoors. Not sure which to buy? We’ve rounded up the best air purifiers to help you choose.