Best Rated Room Air Purifier – You will know when you’ve got one of the best air purifiers, because you will actually feel the difference at home. A good air purifier will clear the majority of pollutants from the air quickly and quietly, leaving you breathing fresh, clean air.
They’re one of those appliances that you can’t live without once you try. They can alleviate allergies, just like the best vacuum cleaners, help you sleep better at night and can help deodorize the home too — a useful feature if your kitchen constantly smells after using one of the best air fryers or one of the best instant pots.
If you treat yourself to one of the best dehumidifiers as well, you will find it can really improve the quality of your air at home.
1.Germ Guardian True HEPA
The Germ Guardian air purifier is another option that comes highly rated by thousands of Amazon shoppers. (You can also buy it from Target.) In addition to a True HEPA filter, this air purifier has a UV-C light that kills mold and other germs that come into contact with the light for long enough.
Even though the efficacy of air purifiers using UV light on mold spores is debatable, some people still prefer this added feature for peace of mind. There’s also an activated carbon filter that reduces the weird smells that are often associated with mold. The brand recommends changing the filter every six to nine months, but there’s a light indicator that tells you when it’s time for a replacement.
Pros & Cons
- 3-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME - True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS - Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- QUIET OPERATION - The lowest setting can be used as gentle white noise at night for a quiet, restful sleep
Four-state filtration includes a True HEPA filter and a washable AOC carbon filter | PlasmaWave technology | Smart sensors | 15 x 8.2 x 23.6 inches and 15.4 pounds | 27.8 decibels | Cycles up to 360 square feet per hour.
Winix’s powerful floor model uses PlasmaWave technology instead of UV light to break down certain particulates. It’s a safer way to eliminate chemical vapors, bacteria, and pollutants without producing ozone, which can irritate lungs or make asthma and allergies worse
Pros & Cons
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- Product has no extra filters
3.LEVOIT Air Purifiers
Three-phase filtration system | H13 True HEPA Filter captures airborne particles up to 0.3 microns in size | Removes 99.97% of dust, smoke, pollen and mold | Available in black or white | 8.7 x 8.7 x 16.25 inches and 7.48 pounds | Cycles air up to five times per hour in a room up to 219 square feet.
Levoit is one of the top-selling manufacturers of air purifiers, and the Core 300 is an excellent all-around option. This air purifier is smaller in size when compared to the large floor units on the market, but it can cycle the air in a room in as few as 12 minutes. The Core 300 works differently than many others, as it doesn’t use UV-C light to destroy airborne particulates (the light can produce harmful ozone). Instead, the Core 300 cleans the air using a series of filters.
Pros & Cons
- OZONE FREE: Our most popular air purifier series is back with an all-new smart model. Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, which is especially harmful for Asthma sufferers and pets
- GENUINE REPLACEMENT FILTERS: For the best performance and longest lifespan, use genuine Levoit replacement filters. Use the in-app feature to monitor your filter life. When it’s time for a fresh filter, search “Core 200S-RF”
- EFFECTIVE PURIFICATION: The compact frame and 360° design help the Core 200S purify the air wherever you put it, refreshing the air 5x per hour in rooms as large as 183 ft² / 17 m². The optimal air cleaning performance can only be delivered by powerful motors installed on products over 6 pounds
- IMPROVED FILTRATION: While the ultra-fine Nylon Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter capture large particles and absorb odors and fumes, the H13 True HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of airborne contaminants 0.3 microns in size, ridding your environment of dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and more
- QUIET OPERATION: With noise levels as low as 24dB, the Core 200S cleans your air without keeping you up at night. For a completely uninterrupted sleep, turn off all lights with the Display Off button
- ACCESS ANYWHERE: With the VeSync app, you can control your smart air purifier from anywhere. Adjust settings while you’re in the other room, at the office, or out walking the dog
- VOICE CONTROL: The Core 200S is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can use your air purifier without having to lift a finger
- SET SCHEDULES: Using the VeSync app, you can program timers or create customized schedules so you’ll always have fresh air exactly when you want it
- EASY SETUP: To get started, simply turn on the Core 200S and open the VeSync app. There you’ll find easy instructions to connect your air purifier. Once setup is complete, you’ll be able to control the air purifier with your smartphone or the display panel
- FULLY CERTIFIED: The Core 200S has been thoroughly tested for safe performance. It is ETL Listed, FCC Certified, CARB Certified, and compliant with California’s strict standards for indoor cleaning devices. Note: Power Supply: AC 120V/60Hz (Only applies to the USA and Canada.)
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Pure Enrichment PureZone
Two-stage purification | Available in five colors | 8.5 x 3.3 x 2.7 inches and 0.6 pounds | Rechargeable lithium-Ion battery with up to 12 hours of operation per charge | Cycles up to 54 square feet per hour.
The PureZone Mini is a “small and mighty” air purifier that’s easy to carry with you throughout your day. It features an integrated upper handle to hook anywhere, making it easily portable.
Pros & Cons
- 2-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION: Clean your personal air from 99.97% of dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and odors. Stage 1: Activated carbon pre-filter; Stage 2: True HEPA filter.
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Whether upright or on its side, our innovative adjustable handle allows this portable air purifier to adapt to suit your needs
- 3 FAN SPEEDS: Find your optimal fan settings with low, medium, and high options
- IDEAL FOR TRAVEL: Weighing under 1 lb, this on-the-go small air purifier keeps your personal space clean for up to 12 hours (depending on fan speed) with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. At your final destination, plug it in for continued fresher air.
- WHAT YOU GET: Portable air purifier, 2-in-1 filter, USB charging cable, and Pure Enrichment’s guaranteed 5-Year Warranty. Our customer support team provides daily quality service and peace of mind to millions worldwide all from a brand you can trust.
This air purifier from RabbitAir is best for large areas with mold issues (like open living rooms, lofts, and basements) since it’s effective at cleaning the air in rooms up to 815 square feet It has a super slim design, and it can even be mounted to the wall so it takes up no floor space.
The appliance has six layers of filtration, including the special Germ Defense filter that’s designed to trap mold spores and other airborne particles. Plus, the air purifier is Certified Asthma & Allergy Friendly so you can feel confident that it removes allergens from the air.
Pros & Cons
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- 5 Year Warranty
- Odor Remover customized filter: Traps and reduces odors from pets, cigarettes and cigars, cooking and mildew.
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 700 sq. ft.
6.Dyson Tower Purifier
This multifunctional appliance from Dyson is an air purifier and a tower fan all in one, making it a great choice for anyone looking to improve air circulation in their home (especially during the summer). Together, the HEPA filter and activated carbon filter capture 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns—and they don’t get recirculated into the air because the unit is fully sealed.
The Dyson air purifier oscillates 350 degrees, so it reaches throughout the entire room. You can even use the backward airflow mode if you want to purify the room without cooling it down. The appliance monitors the air quality in real-time and displays the results on the LCD screen and in the Dyson Link app. Plus, it’s another air purifier for mold that’s Certified Asthma & Allergy Friendly, which means it’s been tested and proven to remove allergens from the air.
Pros & Cons
- Designed to Compatible with Dyson Tower Purifier Pure Cool Link TP01, TP02, TP03, AM11 and BP01, (⚠️ Please verify the height of your filter to ensure that this is the correct filter ⚠️).
- Compatible with Dyson Tower Purifier
- Replacment Parts no. 968126-03
- Package include 1 filter + 1 brush
Best Rated Room Air Purifier – In fact, some air purifiers even claim to protect against COVID-19 coronavirus by filtering any airborne particles which are carrying the virus, according to Consumer Reports.
While air purifiers can’t catch everything and aren’t a replacement for clean, outdoor air, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, they’re still a useful addition to the home, particularly if you spend a lot of time indoors.