Best Room Air Purifier for Dust – This Comparison Table of the Top 6 Best Air Purifiers for Dust and Dust Mites in 2022 will provide you with an overview of our Top 10 Best Air Purifiers for Dust and Dust Mites. In this table, the filter types of this air purifier are compared (which must have True HEPA filter or an optional Ionic filter). Additionally, we provide the most critical elements such as CADR for dust and annual filter replacement (True HEPA filter needs to be replaced after 6 months to 1 year).
Always keep in mind to read the reviews included in this comparison table. We will offer all of our information regarding the advantages and disadvantages of each air purifier.
If you have enough research for air filter types, you may know that True HEPA filter is the highest standard of HEPA filtration to be in an air purifier. H13 is the medical grade for the True HEPA filter, to guarantee the air purifier will clean 99.97% of all airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns. Since the size of the smallest dust is around 1 micron, the Medify MA-112 can easily remove every dust and dust mites problem.
And how could we forget to highlight the powerful fan power of this Medify MA-112. You will have a perfect CADR of 400 cfm rated for dust and dust mites. Also, with 4X ACH, this air purifier can clean the dust in an area of 750 square feet.
Pros & Cons
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans up to 5,000 sq ft in one hr, 2,500 sq ft in 30 min, 1,250 sq ft in 15 min. [*Based on average CADR for pollen, smoke, and dust when operating at fan setting 3. Assumes closed room with 8 ft ceiling.] Perfect for extra large rooms.
- DUAL HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 4 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a maximum noise level of 70 dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, optional ionizer, dust sensor, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, auto mode, PM2.5 pollution indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B07LFJMS2S) lasts 3,000 hours or about 6 months.
2.Blueair Classic 605
It’s hard to know where to start with the Blueair Classic 605, because Blueair has really gone to town here, from the unmatched fan power to the exclusive Blueair HEPASilent filter technology. It’s the priciest of the Classic family from this brand, and it shows.
If you are finding the best air purifier for dust removal in 2022, you can’t skip this powerful high-end Blueair Classic 605. A well-built machine made by Blueair, this air purifier is the best line of defense you can have against dust and dust mites.
Pros & Cons
- Performance you can trust; Independently evaluated and third-party tested for performance as part of the AHAM Verified Program for room air cleaners
- Extra-large rooms; Filters the air at a rate of approx. 4.8x an hour (every 12.5 minutes at 698 ft²) to effectively lower and maintain particle levels
- HEPASilent technology; Removes 99.97% of airborne particles down to 0.1 microns, such as pollen, dust, mold, pet dander, bacteria, and viruses
- Wi-Fi enabled; Change settings remotely from your smartphone via the Blueair app or connect with your Amazon Alexa enabled device for voice control
- Odor removal with DualProtection filters; high-porosity coconut carbon removes gases, chemicals, VOC, and odors from pets, cooking, and smoking
- Sleep without disruption with noise-levels no louder than a whisper on low (33 dB) and equivalent to the white noise of a floor fan on high (62 dB)
3.Coway Airmega 400
The AIRMEGA 400 device builds on the experience of the air purifier company that’s even stronger than Samsung in the domestic market, to add even more in the way of functionality and features. It has a pre-filter to help trap the large dust and dust mites, and most importantly, the pre-filter is washable so it lasts permanently.
The True HEPA filter of AIRMEGA 400 not only removes 99.97% of all airborne particles ≥ 0.3 microns, which covers most types of dust and dust mites, it also reduces 99% of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), thanks to the combination with Activated Carbon filter. All the internal specs are remarkably premium considering its super low annual filter replacement cost, compared with the Medify MA-112 and Blueair Classic 605.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 1,560 sq. ft. in 30 minutes
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Dynamic combination of a washable pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and Green True HEPA Filter effectively reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles in the air, including pollen, pollutants, and other allergens; It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor
- [Smart Mode] With its Smart Mode feature, the Airmega automatically adapts to its surroundings by adjusting fan speeds based on the room's air quality; That means your unit is energy efficient without compromising effectiveness
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected
- [Sleep Mode] When the Airmega's built-in light and pollution sensors detect that the room has been dark and the air is clean for 3 minutes, Sleep Mode reduces the purifier's noise and power consumption
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced and the prefilters need to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed
- [Air Quality Indicator] 24/7 pollution monitor air quality throughout the day, adjusting purification to the necessary level and saving energy when it's not needed
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify for 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy
- [Warranty] 5-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
Sharp FP-A80UW is a huge deal when it comes to dust and dust mites, especially when combined with its patented Plasmacluster technology. Unlike conventional ionizers, this technology will not aggravate asthma owing to the unique way ions are used. Additionally, we will be pleased with the True HEPA filter life of the Sharp FP-A80UW, which may last up to two years without filter change.
While remaining in the mid-range market, the Sharp FP-A80UW earns an exceptional CADR rating of 303 cfm for dust-free operation. If you want to use this air purifier, bear in mind that it is most effective in rooms up to 454 square feet.
Pros & Cons
- [WORLD LEADING AIR PURIFIER BRAND] SHARP Plasmacluster air purifiers have been certified as “World’s Leading Air Purifier Brand” by Euromonitor International Limited. This claim is based on research conducted in May-September 2021 for Euromonitor’s Consumer Appliances 2022ed published on November 2021. A leading brand is defined as the top 3 brands by volume sales.
- [LARGE ROOMS] Effective up to 2,198 sq. ft. at one air change per hour, the FPA80UW will filter the air in the AHAM Suggested Room Size of 454 sq. ft. at 4.8 air changes per hour.
- [LONG LIFE FILTERS] Includes Activated Carbon Deodorizing Filter, and True HEPA Filter. True HEPA Filter May Last up-to 2 Years Depending on Environment.
- [3-FAN SPEEDS] Max, Med, Low Fan Speeds, Plus Quick Clean, and Auto. The Library Quiet Sleep setting as low as 23dBA is perfect for the bedroom.
- [LABORATORY TESTED CADR RATINGS BY AHAM] Smoke (293) / Dust (303) / Pollen (360).
If you are scrolling to this section, you may give up all 4 high-range air purifiers for dust removal above. To be efficient in removing dust, an air purifier must have the best quality filters and a strong fan capable of covering a vast area.
However, there are few but effective air purifiers in the low-end category with a high CADR rating and robust air filtration. As a Fortune-100 company, Honeywell has a reputable name in every industry it enters. Their Honeywell HPA300 is also one of the best air purifiers for the price in 2022.
Pros & Cons
- EXTRA-LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps provide cleaner, fresher air. Recommended for extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), HEPA Filtration helps capture up to 99.97% of microscopic airborne particles.
- HELPS REDUCE PARTICLES - This HEPA air purifier has 4 air cleaning levels including Turbo Clean. It helps capture the following microscopic airborne particles: pollen, pet dander, and smoke.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in Extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 4.8 times an hour.
- ALLERGEN PLUS SERIES – This Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier is part of our Allergen Plus series. This product earned the ENERGY STAR label by meeting strict energy efficient guidelines set by the U.S. EPA.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE PERFORMANCE – For best performance, use only Genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
6.LEVOIT Air Purifier
The Levoit Core 300 works with a prefilter, a HEPA filter, and a carbon filter to trap dust and other irritants. Translation: This model provides similar tech to much more expensive options at half the cost. It even comes with a 2-year warranty.
This air purifier is best in a smaller space, around 200 sq. ft. Many reviewers were especially impressed with how quiet the unit is. Other reviewers noted that the unit seemed ill-equipped to really filter smoke, gases, and scents, so the carbon technology might not be up to par with pricier models.
Pros & Cons
- OZONE FREE: Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Enjoy fresh air in minutes with the Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier. Featuring VortexAir Technology and 360° air intake, the Core 300 cleans spaces up to 547 ft² in 30 minutes, 219 ft² in 12 minutes (CADR: 141 CFM / 240 m³/h). Only products over 6 pounds can be equipped with such powerful motors that optimize the air cleaning performance
- FIND RELIEF: Ease sneezing, congestion, and other allergy symptoms caused by airborne contaminants. The H13 True HEPA Filter works alongside the Pre-Filter and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter to capture 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, such as dust, smoke, pollen, odor
- OFFICIAL LEVOIT FILTERS: Search for B07RSZSYNC or Core 300-RF to find Levoit's Core 300 replacement filter. Levoit filters provide the best fit and filtration, while off-brand filters are unreliable and may damage the air purifier
- MULTIPLE FILTER CHOICES: Choose from a variety of replacement filters to best meet your needs. The Toxin Absorber Filter specializes in smog, toxins, and VOCs. The Smoke Remover filter specializes in wildfire, smoke and etc. And the Pet Allergy Filter helps to capture pet dander and absorb unpleasant odors
- WHISPER QUIET AIR CLEANER: Choose Sleep Mode at night and then forget all about your air purifier while you sleep. QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise levels to a near-silent 24dB, ensuring the Core 300 won’t get in the way of a good night’s rest
- SLEEK DESIGN: The Core 300 practically serves your home while blending in with your decor. Its award-winning design (Red Dot, 2020) and modern white finish help your air purifier fit anywhere in your home/bedroom/room
- UNDISTURBED OPERATION: The display light can be turned off to enjoy a perfect night of sleep without the effect of light. A timer for 2/4/6/8 hours and filter lifetime indicator for your convenience
- FULL CERTIFIED FOR SAFER: Energy Star Verified, Complies with California air resources board (CARB) for indoor cleaning devices. Also FCC certified, ETL listed
Best Room Air Purifier for Dust – By 2022, we will have advanced in ways that we could never have imagined in the preceding decade. Every day, we can address hundreds of issues that 100 years ago we could only sit and be miserable about. However, we continue to face a sufficient number of daily issues.
And one among them is dust, which is comprised of microscopic particles such as textile fibers, paper, hair, pet dander, skin cells, dust mites, and filth.