Best Room Air Purifier for Pet Dander – As much as we love our cats and dogs, pets can often negatively affect the air quality in our homes. In addition to the unpleasant smells (think: accidents on the carpet and litter box odors), all the pet hair and dander floating around can be almost unbearable for allergy sufferers. That’s where air purifiers come in.
These appliances generally use multiple layers of filtration to remove particles from the air. But the best air purifiers for pet owners capture everything from tiny flecks of dander to clumps of loose fur.
Stores can barely keep the recently launched Honeywell HEPA InSight Series in stock; its powerful HEPA filtration is that good. Why? It circulates and cleans the air five times every hour in rooms up to 500 square feet, removing up to 99.7 percent of even the tiniest microscopic allergens (looking at you, pet dander) as well as certain airborne viruses, bacteria, and mold spores.
Used in conjunction with the Honeywell Enhanced Pet Odor Reducing Air Purifier Filter (sold separately, view at Walmart), which is loaded with activated carbon and zeolite, pet odors will be captured and absorbed. We only wish the air purifier came in white in addition to black.
Pros & Cons
- EXTRA-LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps provide cleaner, fresher air. Recommended for extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), HEPA Filtration helps capture up to 99.97% of microscopic airborne particles.
- HELPS REDUCE PARTICLES - This HEPA air purifier has 4 air cleaning levels including Turbo Clean. It helps capture the following microscopic airborne particles: pollen, pet dander, and smoke.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in Extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 4.8 times an hour.
- ALLERGEN PLUS SERIES – This Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier is part of our Allergen Plus series. This product earned the ENERGY STAR label by meeting strict energy efficient guidelines set by the U.S. EPA.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE PERFORMANCE – For best performance, use only Genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
2.Hamilton Beach TrueAir
The small but mighty Hamilton Beach TrueAir Compact Pet Air Purifier is affordable to start with, plus it comes with a reusable, permanent filter (simply vacuum to clean), making it a doubly smart buy for the money. The air purifier has three different speed settings to meet your needs and the HEPA-grade filter captures 99.97 percent of pet dander, along with dust mites and pollen.
It also comes with two replaceable carbon zeolite filters to eliminate pet odors. It works for rooms up to 140 square feet and can be set horizontally or vertically to fit in any space.
Pros & Cons
- High Performance Hepa Grade Filter: Captures 99% of pet dander, , pollen, and as small as 3 microns from the air.
- Easy to clean: air purifier has a permanent Hepa-grade filter that easily vacuums clean.
- Compact, stylish design: Allergen reducing air purifier is perfect in the office or in rooms up to 160 square feet
- Versatile air care that fits anywhere: Position the unit vertically or horizontally to best fit in your bedroom, den, nursery, hallway or living room at home or at the office.
- Quiet and powerful: Use whisper clean for extra quiet operation at night, the medium setting or the quick clean setting for more powerful air cleaning.
- 3 versatile speed settings: Air purifier has three versatile speed settings that give you ultimate control. Use quiet setting at night or quick setting for powerful air cleaning.
- Use how you want, where you want: this air cleaner works standing up or on its side.
While most air purifiers work on pet dander only, the Alen Breathesmart Classic claims to also filter out pet fur from the air, potentially preventing it from landing on your furniture, carpet, and clothing. Given that this beauty is designed by NASA airflow engineers, we’re inclined to believe them. Outfitted with a medical grade H13 True HEPA layer that removes 99.99 percent of airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron (most other air purifiers only remove particles larger than 0.3 microns), including dander, bacteria, and aerosolized viruses, you’ll definitely get your money’s worth.
It’s super quiet even as it cleans the air in a room up to 1,100 square feet every 30 minutes. We also like the air quality sensor light that’s easy to read from across the room and that it comes in your choice of eight finishes.
Pros & Cons
- RECOMMENDED FOR: Dust, dander, allergens, pet fur, and odors. Perfect for large rooms, offices, schools, and open spaces.
- PURE FILTER: Standard filter that helps relieve allergy and asthma symptoms including runny nose, congestion, shortness of breath, and sneezing.
- TRUE HEPA: Includes a Medical Grade H13 True HEPA layer that captures 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron. True HEPA filters last 3-5 months longer than standard filters.
- AIR QUALITY SENSOR LIGHT: Blue = Excellent, Orange = Fair, Red = Bad air quality (high levels of particles). On "auto mode" the sensor will adjust the speed of the fan to clean the air more efficiently.
- PERFECT GIFT WITH A RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Alen air purifiers aim to maintain our community’s health and wellness with cleaner pure air. From back-to-school preparations for classrooms, doctor’s offices, hotels, casinos, bars, lounges, restaurants, and most importantly your home, our air purifiers offer air filtration to everyone. A great gift for smokers and pet owners who need to improve their indoor air quality caring for their loved ones.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.BISSELL MYair Air Purifier
This Bissell MyAir purifier doesn’t just clear pet dander and other small particles from the air, with an activated carbon filter, it also works to remove pet odors (along with cooking and smoke odors, too). It has three levels of fan speeds and runs fairly quietly even on high, or set it to “sleep” at nighttime to engage its whisper-quiet mode. It even has a soft night light.
The small, portable unit works in rooms up to 100 square feet and moves the air 5 times every hour. Set it right next to your dog’s crate or bed or cat’s litter box to stop the odors as close to the source as possible.
Pros & Cons
- Captures indoor smoke and outdoor smoke that gets indoors.
- 3-in-1 filter includes pre-filter layer and a combination of an activated carbon and high efficiency filter that work to capture 99.7% of 0.3 micron particles or larger on sleep mode, including pollen, dust, smoke, and dander.
- Activated carbon captures common household odors, pet odors and volatile organic compounds.
- Operates at a whisper-quiet level to contribute to a peaceful sleeping environment.
- Choose between high or low fan speed, as well as a sleep fan speed that operates at a whisper quiet sound level.
- Recommended for spaces around 100 sq. ft. , so it's great for home offices or bedrooms.
5.Lasko Pure Platinum
With its air quality sensor, auto-clean function, and three-stage filtration, you can rest assured that the air you’re breathing in your home is clean. This small HEPA air purifier removes pet dander, dust, and other common allergens from the air around you.
It also has a carbon filter to remove odors from the air and a UV-A light to tackle mold, bacteria, and viruses. Its slim silhouette looks attractive and it works for rooms up to 160 square feet.
Pros & Cons
- Features 3-Speeds, Remote Control, Fresh Air Ionizer, 7-hour Timer, Sleep Mode, Child Lock Mode, Easy-Carry Handle and Quick Access Filter Panel
- Includes a 1-Year Filter Supply and the Filter Replacement Reminder Light lets you know when the filters need to be replaced
- The Air Quality Sensor will automatically turn the unit on when it senses poor air quality
- Space-Saving, Slim Profile Design (16.6" L x 7.25"W x 25.2"H)
6.LEVOIT Air Purifiers
In small rooms where space is at a premium, the Levoit LV-H132 Air Purifier will only take up a small space on your bedside table or desk—its base is 8.5 inches around. Using a three-stage filtration process, its HEPA filter screens pet dander, pollen, mold, and other dog and cat allergensfour times per hour in a space that’s up to 129 square feet.
It’s quiet enough to sleep through, even on high speed, and has a sleek design that looks attractive anywhere you place it. The only downside to this affordable unit is that it can be hard to tell if it’s working.
Pros & Cons
- OZONE-FREE FILTRATION: Safe is top priority UV-C light purification methods can produce high levels of ozone that can be harmful to children, asthma patients, and pets. This air purifier only uses premium filtration, so you can experience clean, healthy air with Levoit
- SAY GOODBYE TO POLLUTED AIR: Have you ever seen what comes out of your vents, from heating and air conditioning. Even inside, you're under attack by so many pollutants. This air purifier uses 3-stage H13 True HEPA Filtration to trap dust, pet dander, pollen, and more. End the suffering, with the finest air purifier in its class
- BEST-SELLING BRAND: Brand in the US, LV-H132 has been chosen by 958,256 customers across 9 countries. Levoit cares about your thoughts and never use fake reviews, so you can trust what you see
- Official Levoit Filters: Search for B06XD7X81D or LV-H132-RF to find the Levoit Personal True HEPA Replacement Filter. Levoit replacement filters provide the best fit and filtration, while off-brand filters are unreliable and may damage the air purifier
- ALWAYS HIGH-QUALITY: Everyone deserves to feel refreshed and safe at home.
- WHISPER-QUIET: Trying to sleep with rattling or loud humming noises coming from your air purifier. With noise levels as low as 25dB, this air purifier is so quiet, you can run it throughout the night and sleep soundly
- CLEAN AIR AROUND THE HOUSE: Quickly refresh the air in rooms as large as 129 ft² in 15 minutes. No matter where you spend the most time at home, enjoy fresh air in any room
- USTOMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE: Prefer to sleep with a night light? Select from two night light brightness settings to create your perfect sleep environment
- SAVE ENERGY, SAVE MONEY: Sticking to a budget? No problem! This air purifier filters the air without using UV-C light, reducing its energy consumption to just 28W. Operating at its highest fan speed 24/7, running this air purifier can cost less than $3 per month!
7.Pure Enrichment PureZone
You and your pet don’t stay in the same place all the time, so it follows that you’ll want an air purifier you can take with you. This mini option from Pure Enrichment weighs under 1 pound and has a rechargeable battery with up to 12 hours of battery life.
It’s sized just right to fit in your car’s cup holder, making it perfect to take on road trips with your best four-legged friend. It offers two-stage air purification with an activated carbon pre-filter and a True HEPA filter.
Pros & Cons
- 2-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION: Clean your personal air from 99.97% of dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and odors. Stage 1: Activated carbon pre-filter; Stage 2: True HEPA filter.
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Whether upright or on its side, our innovative adjustable handle allows this portable air purifier to adapt to suit your needs
- 4 FAN SPEEDS: Find your optimal fan settings with low, medium, and high options
- IDEAL FOR TRAVEL: Weighing under 1 lb, this on-the-go small air purifier keeps your personal space clean for up to 12 hours (depending on fan speed) with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. At your final destination, plug it in for continued fresher air.
- WHAT YOU GET: Portable air purifier, 2-in-1 filter, USB charging cable, and Pure Enrichment’s guaranteed 5-Year Warranty. Our customer support team provides daily quality service and peace of mind to millions worldwide all from a brand you can trust.
Best Room Air Purifier for Pet Dander – Because there are so many types of air purifiers available online, it can be difficult to figure out which ones are the most effective for households with pets.
To help, we scoured the Internet to find the best air purifiers that thousands of pet owners swear by. When shopping for air purifiers for pets, there are a few things to keep in mind. Most importantly, you’ll want to make sure that you have the approximate square footage of the room you want to place it in.