Best Small Air Purifier – A lot of the conversations surrounding air pollution revolves around the outdoors, but given that the average person spends 93 percent of their lives indoors, the quality of the air inside is just as, if not more so, important.
In fact, the air inside can be five-times more polluted than the air outside thanks to the lack of circulation in a lot of indoor spaces. If left unchecked, a lot of the pollutants hiding in the air can have damaging effects on our health, from agitating those who suffer from allergies or asthma to provoking respiratory infections.
1.KOIOS Air Purifier
I’ve had this air purifier for over a year now; I originally purchased it to help with my seasonal allergy symptoms flaring up, but have found it to be effective no matter what season it is. This is a compact, yet effective, HEPA air purifier that is also easy to use. Featuring 360° deep purification, this air purifier has three different modes, including a quiet setting that won’t disturb your sleep if you’d like to keep it running.
I keep mine in my bedroom (which is where I also work during the day) on my nightstand; it’s so quiet, I can leave it on throughout the day while I’m on Zoom calls or composing emails without any distracting sounds. The filter only has to be replaced every six months and aren’t terribly expensive, so maintenance isn’t a draining hassle.
Pros & Cons
- KOIOS EPI153 AIR PURIFIER FOR LARGE ROOM - With the high-efficiency filtration system, the air purifier covers an area up to 861ft²(80m²). 8x air changes per hour in 215ft², 4x air changes per hour in 430ft², 2x air changes per hour in 816ft². Modern design fits in any space from small to large rooms, bedrooms, living rooms, offices, baby rooms, kitchens and basements. Perfect for pet owners, allergics, babies, children, the elderly, or anyone wanting to improve the air quality.
- HIGH CADR H13 TRUE HEPA AIR PURIFIER – The pre-filter, H13 true HEPA filter and high-efficiency activated carbon filter capture allergens, pet hair, dander, smoke, odor, and large dust particles, in addition to removing airborne contaminants as small as 0.3 microns. Powerful efficient Air filter cleaner prevents respiratory problems, allergic reactions, and asthma.
- QUIET, ENERGY-SAVING WITH SMART FILTER REMINDER - Let your purifier work unnoticed thanks to the extremely quiet but powerful motor, which will not affect your work, study or sleep. Running in low power makes it a winner for energy-saving. Filter change reminder notifies you when it's time for a fresh filter, ensuring the purifier maintains peak performance. The replacement filter should be replaced every 3-6 months depending on the environment and usage frequency (Search for B09C5CSJ4B).
- 4 TIMER SETTINGS, 4 MODES AND NIGHT LIGHT – The buttons on the panel include: power button, timer button, speed button and filter change reminder button. The 4 timer options (1H/2H/4H/8H) allow you set the air purifier to run for a specific time, helping you save energy and money, while 4 modes (Sleep/1/2/3) allow you to choose a speed based on different purification needs and size of the room. Press any button on the body for 3 seconds to turn ON/OFF the night light when the machine is running.
- WORRY-FREE PURCHASE - We love our customers and take pride in providing a pleasant shopping experience. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us. We offer 24/7 live chat or call support and try our best to solve the problems for you. Tips: please remove the plastic bag off the H13 HEPA filter before running the air purifier.
2.Pure Enrichment PureZone
This air purifier is compact enough to take with you on the go, or keep on a small or cramped desk without eating up precious space. But don’t let its small size fool you — it doesn’t sacrifice efficiency for size. Featuring a two-stage air purification process, this purifier promises to eliminate up to 99.7 percent of contaminants, whether that be pollen, dust or foul odors.
It’s also quiet enough to efficiently clean the air without drawing attention to itself, whether you happen to be using it on public transport, a study session or you just generally prefer to see, not hear, your air purifiers. The filter should be replaced every six months and is very inexpensive.
Pros & Cons
- 2-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION: Clean your personal air from 99.97% of dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and odors. Stage 1: Activated carbon pre-filter; Stage 2: True HEPA filter.
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Whether upright or on its side, our innovative adjustable handle allows this portable air purifier to adapt to suit your needs
- 3 FAN SPEEDS: Find your optimal fan settings with low, medium, and high options
- IDEAL FOR TRAVEL: Weighing under 1 lb, this on-the-go small air purifier keeps your personal space clean for up to 12 hours (depending on fan speed) with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. At your final destination, plug it in for continued fresher air.
- WHAT YOU GET: Portable air purifier, 2-in-1 filter, USB charging cable, and Pure Enrichment’s guaranteed 5-Year Warranty. Our customer support team provides daily quality service and peace of mind to millions worldwide all from a brand you can trust.
3.Holmes True HEPA Air Purifier
You’d be forgiven if you gave this a quick glance and mistook it for a clock or radio, but this air purifier’s slim design makes it suited perfectly for desks and other workspaces, whether you need it to sit horizontally or vertically to accommodate laptops or other belongings.
Mold, smoke, bacteria, pet dander and other contaminants are no match for the powerful HEPA filter and ionizer duo, working in tandem to keep the air from being dirty and stale.
Pros & Cons
- 99.97 percent EFFICIENT AT REMOVING ALLERGENS: True HEPA Air Purifier is 99.97 percent efficient in removing airborne allergens as small as 0.3 microns from air passing through the filter
- 55 CADR: Air purifier provides a 55 CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate)
- INCLUDES IONIZER: This Holmes air purifier features an optional air ionizer that helps to bind negative ions to airborne smoke, dust, and pollen to form larger particles that are more easily captured, helping to clean air more thoroughly and tackling odors
- CUSTOMIZABLE SETTINGS: 3 speed settings to help you keep your air clean and pure
- Air purifier with space saving tower design for rooms up to 80 square feet
- True HEPA filter removes up to 99.97% of airborne particles
- Traps smoke, dust, pollen, mold spores, and pet dander; CADR of 55
- 3 speed settings; optional ionizer; washable pre-filter; quiet operation
- Measures 11-2/5 by 8-1/5 by 15-2/3 inches; 5-year limited warranty
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
This mini air purifier by Molekule may be significantly more expensive than the others mentioned on our list, but that’s because it’s more powerful. By using a process known as Photochemical Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) nanotechnology to destroy contaminants in the air. In short, instead of trapping things like dust, mold and viruses, this air purifier actually destroys them.
But don’t worry, you don’t have to be Bill Nye the Science Guy to use this; in fact, this air purifier’s settings are extremely customizable. Though there are five pre-set speeds available, and you can automate settings to be even quieter or more powerful to match to your unique preferences.
Pros & Cons
- Molekule Air Mini and Air Mini+ use Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) nanotechnology to destroy viruses, VOCs, allergens, bacteria & mold.
- Replacement PECO-Filter for use with Molekule Air Mini and Air Mini+. Not compatible with Molekule Air.
- Key to destroying viruses, VOCs, allergens, bacteria & mold at the molecular level
- Recommended replacement for average use: every 6 months.
- Automatic filter refills available. See manufacturer's website.
5.LEVOIT Air Purifiers
We recently featured this best-selling option on our list of the Best Air Purifiers for Smoke and Smog, but it’s just as adept at combatting everyday contaminants, such as allergens or viruses. For those looking for more power without a higher price tag, this is a perfect option.
With a powerful three-stage filtration process and several filter options available, this air purifier promises to always meet your needs and give you the peace of mind that your air is contaminant free, freeing you from excessive sneezing and debilitating congestion. The sleek design allows you to keep this pretty much anywhere without being a nuisance, perfect for a desk or side table.
Pros & Cons
- 100% OZONE-FREE: The Vital 100 is completely ozone free and never uses UV-C light, which the research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: With a CADR of 130 CFM/ 221 m3/h, the Vital 100 is perfect for living rooms, bedrooms, and kitchens. Covers 300 ft²/ 28 m² in only 18 minutes. (Only products over 6 pounds can be equipped with such powerful motors that optimize the air cleaning performance)
- 3-STAGE FILTRATION: Comes equipped with a washable pre-filter for large particles like lint and fur, a High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter for toxic fumes and unpleasant odors, and an H13 True HEPA Filter, which captures at least 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size.
- SLEEP COMFORTABLY: With noise levels as low as 23 decibels, the Vital 100 won’t keep you up at night. You can also turn off the display lights when it’s time for bed.
- USER-FRIENDLY: Set a timer for 2, 4, or 8 hours whenever you like. The Check Filter Indicator will let you know when it’s time for a fresh filter.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: It only costs dollar 1.66 a week to run the Vital 100 24/7 , allowing you to use it all day during times of high pollution, like wildfire season.
- EASY TO PLACE: The compact design and top-facing air vents let you place the Vital 100 near walls or in the corner of a room.
- FILTER REPLACEMENTS: Depending on usage, the filters should be replaced every 6–8 months. You can buy new filters by searching "B08BC5V6ZF" and "B085C22XWC". Remove the plastic wrap before installing a new filter.
If you have a small living space or need an air purifier for your travels, the GermGuardian Pluggable Air Purifier and Sanitizer is the most convenient and portable option.
It easily plugs into a standard wall outlet and immediately begins eliminating germs and mold with UV-C light. It also doubles as a deodorizer and small room refresher for odor from pets, diapers and more.
Pros & Cons
- PLUGGABLE AIR SANITIZER - Provides cleaner air and helps reduce airborne germs and reduce household odors caused by bacteria, pets, and cooking fumes
- COMPACT DESIGN - This 7-inch wall-pluggable sanitizer is perfect for the kitchen, litter box room, bathroom, or childrens' room
- REDUCES ODORS - Reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- NO FILTER REPLACEMENT - Only a single GermGuardian UV-C light bulb (model LB1000) needs to be replaced every 10-12 months depending on use
7.AeraMax 100 Air Purifier
As previously said, this is the highest performing air purifier you can acquire for your bedroom on a budget of less than $100. All of AeraMax’s air purifiers are certified asthma and allergy friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, proving to be the ideal treatment for any type of allergy or asthma problem. Additionally, AeraMax 100 is capable of capturing airborne influenza viruses.
One advantage of having this air purifier in your bedroom is that it features an accurate Smart Sensor that detects air quality and automatically changes the fan speed to maintain cleaned air. Moreover, you will benefit from the Aera Mode, which is a unique AeraMax 100 mode designed specifically for allergy and cold/flu season.
Pros & Cons
- 4-stage hospital-type filtration: effectively and quietly purifies air in small rooms 100 - 200 square feet
- AeraSmart sensor: monitors the air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air purified
- True HEPA filter with AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment: safely removes 99.97% of viruses, germs, allergens, mold and dust
- PlasmaTrue Technology: optional setting that utilizes ionization to help safely remove airborne pollutants
- Aera+ mode: increases air change by 35% for allergy and cold/flu seasons
Best Small Air Purifier – The best portable air purifiers help to remove dangerous particles from the air that could affect your breathing and health.
It works by using a fan that sucks in the air, where it passes through a filter that traps the pollutants before the air is expelled back into the room. The filter allows clean air to circulate freely throughout the room, as opposed to stale air.