Best Small Hepa Air Purifier – In fact, the air inside can be five-times more polluted than the air outside thanks to the lack of circulation in a lot of indoor spaces. If left unchecked, a lot of the pollutants hiding in the air can have damaging effects on our health, from agitating those who suffer from allergies or asthma to provoking respiratory infections.
As many of us continue working remotely, or return to their offices, settle into their dorm rooms, etc. it’s important to invest in a good portable air purifier.
1.Blueair Blue Pure 411
As the ideal choice for the bedroom, the Blue Pure 311 Auto features a Smart Sensor that automatically adjusts the fan speed according on the current environment. In comparison to the Coway AP-1512HH, this air purifier includes both a gas and dust sensor for a more precise reading.
The air purifier is remarkably quiet, operating at a decibel level of only 23. (db). While the air purifier cannot entirely shut down like last year’s champion, we feel that the lowest speed produces no sound.
Pros & Cons
- AUTO ADJUSTS SO YOU CAN REST EASY: One touch auto mode uses a particle sensor to monitor pollutant levels and adjusts fan to ensure optimal air quality; LED indicator displays air quality status as excellent (blue), moderate (orange) or polluted (red)
- CLEAN AIR IN MINUTES: Blueair’s HEPASilent dual filtration delivers more clean air using less noise and energy than HEPA filtration alone; Quickly cleans 190sqft small room in about 12.5 min or up to 912sqft XL space in 60min, on high
- CERTIFIED QUIETEST AIR PURIFIER: Quiet Mark approved - quieter (18 dB) than a whisper on low; ENERGY STAR rated - uses less energy (2W) than an LED lightbulb on low so it’s kind to your wallet and the planet
- ASTHMA plus ALLERGY: Removes 99.99% of pollen, helping reduce allergens and pollutants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms
- REMOVES ODOR & PARTICLES DOWN TO 0.1 MICRON: Ideal for smoke & smog during wildfire season; Removes 99.97% of airborne particles like smoke, dust, viruses and pet dander, while the carbon filter traps light household odors from smoking, pets and cooking
- MOST AWARDED AIR PURIFIER BRAND IN THE US: Blue Pure 411 Auto has won Good Housekeeping Lab Pick – 10 Best Air Purifiers of 2021, Best Value Air Purifier
- INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR PERFORMANCE & SAFETY, ZERO OZONE: AHAM Verifide for CADR; Ozone Safety Standards Certified by CARB; Zero Ozone Verified (
2.Germ Guardian True HEPA
While it may not have the feel or performance of a flagship air purifier, it is not attempting to be one. The GermGuardian AC4825 is equipped with a slew of useful features, most notably the combination of True HEPA and UV-C light air filters that effectively remove even the tiniest pollution particles.
For some years, GermGuardian has been a class leader in the budget air purifier market, and the GermGuardian AC4825 assures that you receive a great finest air purifier for your bedroom.
Pros & Cons
- 3-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME - True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS - Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- QUIET OPERATION - The lowest setting can be used as gentle white noise at night for a quiet, restful sleep
3.Coway Airmega AP-1512HH
We examined hundreds of air purifiers and found that the Coway AP-1512HH is unquestionably one of the finest in terms of performance and pricing. It’s safe to say that if you’re looking for a true bargain in the low-price market, the Coway AP-1512HH is your finest option for the bedroom.
Unlike other air purifiers that run 24/7 even when the air is clean, this gadget automatically turns off the fan when it detects no air pollution, which is ideal for energy conservation. Additionally, this feature reduces the noise level of the Coway AP-1512HH to 4.9 decibels (db), the lowest level ever recorded for an air purifier.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 361 sq. ft. in 12.5 minutes or up to 874 sq. ft. in 30 minutes.
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Combination of a pre-filter, deodorization filter, and True HEPA Filter reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles, including pollen and other allergens. It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor.
- [Auto Mode] Constantly monitoring the air quality, the fan automatically adjusts to most effectively purify your space as needed providing a new level of clean in real time.
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected.
- [3-Stage Manual Fan Speed] Control your AP-1512HH's fan manually with low, medium, and high settings.
- [Air Quality Indicator] Pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. Brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. You can turn off the light for sleeping.
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced, and the pre-filter needs to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed.
- [Ultra Quiet] Ultra quiet operation with noise levels ranging from 24 dB to 53 dB.
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy.
- [Warranty] 3-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
As one air purifier for bedroom, the Medify MA-25 has a Dimmer setting to make you sleep easier. If you want to schedule the time to shut down the device, this air purifier also has a convenient Timer setting.
The #1 reason this Medify MA-25 stays in our list of best air purifiers for bedroom is the Lifetime warranty policy of Medify Air. Provided that you change the air filter after 3-4 months, you can worry-free about this air purifier.
Pros & Cons
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Cleans up to 1,000 sq ft in one hr, 500 sq ft in 30 min, 250 sq ft in 15 min. [*Based on average CADR for pollen, smoke and dust when operating at fan setting 3. Assumes closed room with 8 ft ceiling.] Perfect for medium size rooms.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- ULTRA QUIET: Choose from 3 fan speeds, with the lowest setting operating virtually silent. Runs at 110 Volts at a min noise level of 35dB and max of 51dB. For the most discreet operation, enable sleep mode to completely dim the unit's panel lights.
- EASY TO USE FEATURES: Includes a sleek touch screen operation panel with 0-8 hour timer, fan speed, sleep mode, filter replacement indicator, and child lock, great for both kids and pets.
- QUALITY TESTED & BACKED: CARB, ETL, and Energy Star certified. Backed by a USA registered Lifetime Warranty when genuine Medify replacement filters are used. The replacement filter (B081NWVMCH) lasts 2,500 hours or about 3-4 months.
With a Swiss design, IQAir Atem only has two edition colors: black and white. Atem Air Purifier does not cover a large area like other popular air purifiers; rather, Atem creates a breathing zone around you, and ONLY you, owing to the PureJet diffuser’s precise Air Guidance Technology.
The technology developed by IQAir elevates the True HEPA filter to a new level, the HyperHEPA filter. With advanced filtration, IQAir air purifiers, such as this Compact Atem, can remove pollution particles as small as 0.3 microns. This is a near-complete air purifying system.
Pros & Cons
- #1 Rated personal air purifier (Winner of 2019 Global Innovations Award)
- Only IQAir’s exclusive HyperHEPA filters stop ultrafine particles (down to 0.003 microns)
- Stops the smallest particles that exist: 10x smaller than a virus
- HyperHEPA filtration delivers up to 99% purified air to your personal breathing zone for up to 150 sq ft room coverage
- Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery. CARB EO # G-18-064. EPA Establishment # 97566-CHE-1. Unable to ship to PO Boxes
The Winix 5500-2 is an exceptional performer on particulates, capturing 99.9% of the smoke in our test room in just 30 minutes on high and 97.2% on its medium-high setting, where it emits an easy-to-live-with 40 decibels. In both cases, that’s a bit better than the results we got from the Coway AP-1512HH Mighty, though in practice the differences are insignificant:
Both machines, when used continuously as they are in most homes, will drop particulates to near zero in under an hour—and keep them there. We still prefer the Mighty for its lower energy consumption, smaller visual footprint, display-shutoff feature, and more attractive look, but it’s a close race.
Pros & Cons
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- Product has no extra filters
Best Small Hepa Air Purifier – A great air purifier can really improve your life—reducing allergens such as pollen and mold spores, and protecting against wildfire smoke and other kinds of smoke.
But to qualify as great, an air purifier needs to be powerful enough to clean the air in a large living room or playroom, quiet and dark enough for you to sleep near it in a bedroom, and inexpensive enough that it’s reasonable to have several spread throughout your home.