Best Smoke Purifier – In this article we will see why smoke is so bad for our health, why children can be the worst affected, and what the best air purifiers for smoke are to help deal with this problem.
Then, we will look at True HEPA air purifiers and see why they are especially good at treating smoke-filled rooms. You may be wondering if all air purifiers are the same, or whether they work at all.
1.Blueair Classic 680i
When it comes to filtering smoke out of the air, the higher the CADR rating, the more effective the filtration, or efforts to remove particles from the air. If you’re looking for an air purifier with a high CADR rating, consider opting for the Blueair Classic 680i.
This model works in rooms up to 700 square feet and has a 450 CADR rating. You can even control the device on your phone via the Blueair Friend app.
The system weighs more than 43 pounds. But it’s also on wheels, so it’s easier to move between rooms. Some customers note a chemical odor during the first few uses.
Pros & Cons
- HEPASilent technology leverages electrostatic charge and mechanical filtration to deliver true HEPA performance capturing 99.97% of airborne pollutants including dust, mold, pet dander, and pollen for relief from allergies and asthma
- Dual protection filters with activated coconut carbon, naturally remove gaseous pollutants and smoke without the need for chemical additives
- Air quality sensors monitor air quality in real time and adjust fan speed accordingly when set to auto mode
- Wi-Fi enabled for control through the Blueair friend app and Alexa compatible
- For large rooms between 700 square feet and 800 square feet (AHAM rated at 698 square feet) such as large bedrooms living rooms and kitchens
- Most independent certifications; Blueair is the only major brand to verify 100% of models with AHAM for performance, Energy Star, and safe ozone
This unit is designed to be quiet, so ideal for constant use in well-used rooms (e.g. living rooms/ family rooms) where smoking adults may mix with other family members. It is slim and unobtrusive, so can be wall mounted. It has the following key features:
True-HEPA rated using advanced BioGS® HEPA filtration system which can trap particles less than 0.1 microns in size at higher than 99% efficiency
Pros & Cons
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- 5 Year Warranty
- Odor Remover customized filter: Traps and reduces odors from pets, cigarettes and cigars, cooking and mildew.
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 700 sq. ft.
3.LEVOIT Air Purifier
This is a cheaper unit which is designed for small rooms, so is a good choice if you want an air purifier for a small living room or bedroom. It also has a sleek design (good for small rooms) and a 2-year warranty. The relatively low CADR (clean air delivery rate) means it is best suited for low smoke levels and small rooms.
The key features of this unit:
3-stage True HEPA & activated carbon filtration unit which will remove 99.97% of particles, Sleep-mode which will quieten the unit during the night
Pros & Cons
- NEUTRALIZE SMOKE&ODORS: The rapid clean air delivery rate and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter work together to quickly neutralize airborne pollutants in your home, adsorbing pet smells, cigarette smoke, and VOCs
- IDEAL FOR ALLERGIES: The H13 True HEPA Filter is superior to H11, capturing at least 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, including dust, pollen, pet dander and smoke particles; This helps relieve allergy symptoms like sneezing, congestion, and difficulty breathing
- SLEEP ALL NIGHT: The air purifier filters the air with noise levels as low as 27dB, helping you sleep deeply with a restful and soothing indoor environment; The LED Display can be turned off so it won’t keep you awake at night
- MAXIMUM PURIFICATION: Recommended for large rooms; Completely filters air in large living rooms, family rooms & playrooms about every 30 minutes (2 times an hour at 720 square feet) on high
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
True HEPA Air Purifier: Our air purifier utilizes an authentic HEPA H13 to significantly improve indoor air quality by filtering out dust, pet dander, smoke, cooking odors and more. Perfect for kitchens, home offices, living rooms, kids’ play rooms and many other small to medium-sized spaces. It’s the real deal.
Powerful 3-Stage Filtration and Long Lasting Filter: Includes a pre-filter, HEPA and activated carbon filter to effectively remove 99.97% of the smallest particles in the air.
Pros & Cons
- True HEPA Air Purifier: Our air purifier utilizes an authentic HEPA H13 to significantly improve indoor air quality by filtering out pet dander, smoke, cooking odors and more. Perfect for kitchens, home offices, living rooms, kids’ play rooms and many other small to medium-sized spaces. It’s the real deal.
- Powerful 3-Stage Filtration and Long Lasting Filter: Includes a pre-filter, HEPA and activated carbon filter to effectively remove 99.97% of the smallest particles in the air. Each filter lasts up to 2100 hours on low to medium fan mode (that’s about 87 days, or 3 months - nice!) Important: The included filter, located inside the appliance, ships with a protective plastic sleeve. Please remove the plastic sleeve from the filter before use.
- Compactly Engineered and Looks Cool: At just 12.8 inches in height and 7.8 inches in diameter, our powerful purifier is portable enough to take anywhere, and move easily from room to room. And its modern design makes it an attractive addition to every home. Pro Tip: To purify air in larger spaces with this model, simply use the high speed fan mode (and get an extra filter or two 🙂
- A Quietly Awesome Sleeping Companion: The low speed fan setting operates at a reduced noise level to make this air purifier ideal for bedrooms, so you can breathe easy and sleep peacefully. Our purifier also includes a handy night light feature with adjustable brightness options, as well as a child lock function for baby nurseries and kids’ rooms.
With a 4.7-average star rating on Amazon, this air purifier contains both high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) and carbon filters to capture smoke, allergens, and odors. It also has a quiet motor, which may be ideal for bedrooms and workspaces.
While this air purifier can be used in rooms up to 266 square feet, it has a lower smoke CADR rating of 172. Some users complain of the noise and a temporary plastic-like smell after purchase.
Pros & Cons
- 3-Stage Filtration for Simply Clean Air. Includes a pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and an H13 HEPA filter to capture large and fine particles, home odors, odors from pet, and VOCs.
- Medical-grade HEPA Filter. Captures 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns and smaller when on lowest fan speed, helping to remove airborne allergens and irritants like dust, pet dander, pollen, and smoke like that from wildfires, cooking, and smoking.
- Honeycomb-Structured Carbon Filter. Filter contains thousands of activated carbon pellets engineered to capture gases, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and common household odors including odors from pets, cooking and smoke.
- Large Room Coverage and AHAM Certified. Filters 1252 sq. ft. with 1 air change/hour. Filters 626 sq. ft. with 2 air changes/hour. Filters 417 sq. ft. with 3 air changes/hour. Filters rooms 258 sq. ft. providing 4.8 air changes/hour.
- Low Energy and Library Quiet. Energy Star rated and equipped with 5 fan speeds the lowest of which is as quiet as a library.
- Automated CirQulate System. VOC sensor monitors and provides colored-coded, indoor air quality feedback and adjusts to the appropriate fan speed for continuous clean air.
- Whisper Quiet Sound Level. Equipped with 5 fan speeds the lowest of which is whisper quiet. Perfect for bedrooms and contributes to a peaceful sleeping environment.
- Optimized Airflow. Powerful XL fan draws air in through the front of the air purifier and through 3 filters, releasing clean air through the top of the machine.
- Easy Filter Maintenance. Filter change indicator will inform you when it’s time for new filters. Filters should be replaced approximately every 6 months. Only use genuine BISSELL Replacement Filters to ensure excellent performance. Search AMAZON ASIN: B09BP4FW9F.
6.HATHASPACE Air Purifier
HEPA and activated carbon filters work together to trap particles and gasses contained in smoke — this is also sometimes referred to as hybrid filtration. One highly rated example of this in action is the Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier 2.0.
This air purifier is made for large spaces up to 1,500 square feet. Note that while this air purifier has a higher price tag than some on the market, it comes with more features, such as a touchscreen and easy-to-read air quality scores. It’s also CARB and Energy Star certified.
Pros & Cons
- Purify your air – Our 5-in-1 filter system targets pollen, dust, pet dander, VOC’s, smoke, and odors. Our H11 HEPA filter captures 99.9% of particles down to 0.3 microns.
- What you get – Smart air purifier, True HEPA filter set, remote control, manual, 2-year warranty, award-winning customer support 7 days a week, and the peace of mind that comes from a trusted American brand.
- Remove odors, smoke, & VOC’s – Both an air cleaner and odor eliminator, our air purifier features a unique honeycomb activated-carbon filter that absorbs odors, smoke, and VOC’s. With a state-of-the-art fan and motor, enjoy clean air delivered quietly and efficiently in your home, bedroom, office, kitchen, basement, dorm, apartment, or living room.
- Breathe easier – Nothing feels better than breathing clean air. Read our 10,000+ reviews and see just how much our air purifier can assist and support the body’s natural response during allergy season.
- Smart air purifier – In AUTO mode, a smart air quality sensor detects pollutants in your air, adjusting the fan speed in real-time. A digital display on the unit reveals your air quality level, so you always know what you’re breathing.
7.Alen 75i Air Purifier
The Alen BreatheSmart Classic is designed to purify the air in a 1,300-square-foot space in 30 minutes. It’s also one of the pricier options on this list. However, it comes with additional features, such as longer-lasting filters, less noise, and color-coded sensors.
While highly rated by customers on Amazon, there are a few complaints about the manufacturer’s warranty. Also, since the device is made for large spaces, it weighs over 30 pounds and doesn’t have wheels, which could make it harder to move from room to room.
Pros & Cons
- B7 PURE FILTER: Alen's Pure HEPA filter eliminates airborne allergens, dust, pollen, dust mites, dander, pet air, mold, and more. The fine mesh of an air purifier filter catches potentially harmful airborne particles.
- VERSATILE & QUIET: The Alen BreatheSmart 75i's are perfect air purifiers for the bedroom and living room. Our cleaners are dust removers for lofts, flats, workplaces, kitchens, basements, and big open-concept spaces. It is our most versatile and powerful large room air purifier that can clean a 1300 SqFt every 30 minutes. It is powerful, tranquil, and perfectly tuned to generate soothing pink noise.
- SMART SENSOR FEATURE: Using our air purifier, you can see your air quality at a glance, thanks to the LED color display. The AUTO mode is designed to run constantly. It is controlled by Smart Sensors, which detect air, dust, or pollutants and automatically speed up or slow down the fan to filter the air and change the quality.
- MEDICAL GRADE PROTECTION: This air cleaner has a medical-grade 3-Stage H13 Pure HEPA filtration that captures 99.99% of particles as small as 0.1 microns. HEPA air filtration is the third of the five stages. With the Pure HEPA filter, you'll get up to 12 months of pure air production.
- PERFECT GIFT WITH A RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Alen air purifiers aim to maintain our community’s health and wellness with cleaner pure air. From back-to-school preparations for classrooms, doctor’s offices, hotels, casinos, bars, lounges, restaurants, and most importantly your home, our air purifiers offer air filtration to everyone. A great gift for smokers and pet owners who need to improve their indoor air quality caring for their loved ones.
Best Smoke Purifier – In many parts of the world people still cook with coal, wood, or dung which just like tobacco, releases dangerous smoke particles into the home which can trigger allergens and cause illness.
In the Western world, you are unlikely to cook with wood or dung, but you still have the risk from BBQ smoke, burnt food, and fires… hazards which are often overlooked.