Best Voc Air Purifier – If you are feeling the effects of VOCs in your air, fear not, an air purifier can help. But to remove gases or odors from the air, you will need a specific type of purifier. While most air purifiers can catch larger particles such as dust and pollen, gases are far too small and will simply slip through their filters. VOC purifiers, on the other hand, utilize a bed of activated carbon which can absorb gases into its pores and eradicate them from the room.
Now you know which filtration your purifier needs, it’s important to take into consideration the size of the room, your budget, and which VOCs are polluting the air.
The IQAir HealthPro is built to not just remove small particles. Its powerful filtration system captures ultrafine particles that go down to 0.003 microns. Its HyperHEPA technology stops at least 99.5% of these particles and pathogens.
This essentially eliminates VOCs that come from the likes of tobacco smoke, soot, and more. If you want it to handle additional VOCs, odors, and gases, you can upgrade it with a V5-Cell activated carbon filter.
Everything is kept airtight with this unit too. The filter media are 100% sealed to prevent any air leakage. When it’s in use, it offers 320° air delivery with minimal noise output on the lowest fan setting.
Pros & Cons
- Excellent choice for asthma & allergies
- Proven exceptional air filtration: Filters particles 100x smaller than 0.3 microns
- IQAir exclusive HyperHEPA filters trap ultrafine particles (down to 0.003 microns) EPA Establishment # 97566-CHE-1
- Powerful filtration: covers a room size up to 1,238 sq ft (115 sq m)
- Direct purchases from the manufacturer will require a signature to acknowledge receipt upon delivery. CARB EO # G-10-059. Unable to ship to PO Boxes
The Winix 5500-2 is the best air purifier for VOCs and can eliminate particles in the air and all without disturbing your sleep at night. To start, it features a washable AOC carbon filter that’s made from activated carbon granules that work on removing household odors. Meanwhile, the PlasmaWave technology goes to work at breaking down those harmful chemical vapors and allergens. To make for a well-rounded machine, this product even has a True HEPA filter to capture 99.97% of airborne pollutants.
You don’t have to guess if your air needs correcting either thanks to the air quality indicator near the control panel on the unit. This product features LED lighting with three colors, and it works in real-time to show you when the air is good, fair, or poor. Additionally, the dual smart sensors adjust the fan speed accordingly.
Pros & Cons
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- Product has no extra filters
3.LEVOIT Air Purifier
The Core 350 is the latest upgrade from the Levoit Core 300. With this new and improved version, you get an innovative and versatile air purifier that is compact yet capable of cleaning the air in a room roughly 219sqft, making it ideal for offices, bedrooms, or even nurseries. For this update, Levoit has added a specialized filter to clear pet allergens, odors, and of course VOCs.
It may look very similar to the 300, but it’s what’s on the inside that makes this model superior especially when it comes to combating VOCs in the air. Its high-grade activated carbon filter absorbs those volatile compounds, breaks them down into harmless molecules, then locks them in.
Pros & Cons
- Neutralize Stinky Smells: Cute as they are, pets can smell sometimes. Now introducing Custom High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter - the effective odor eliminator for pet odors, litter box smells, and cooking smoke.
- Perfect for Pet Parents: Experiencing coughing, congestion, or breathing difficulties caused by pets. Levoit Core P350 provides H13 True HEPA Filtration to reduce sneezing, itchiness, and stuffy nose by purifying the air you breathe.
- Cleaner House: Did you know an air purifier can help you spend less time cleaning. It's possible with P350. The fine Non-Woven Fabric Pre-Filter traps large floating particles such as pet fur, hair, dust, and lint, helping to reduce the amount of debris on your floor and furniture.
- Sleep Safe & Sound: Don't ever worry about your furry friend being disturbed by the air purifier - Sleep Mode turns display indicators to half-brightness and keeps noise levels as low as 24dB, so you can sleep while cuddling with your cute little one.
- Safety First: Unlike other air purifiers, the Core P350 doesn't use ions to purify the air, keeping your pets safe from harmful exposure to certain particles.
- Pet Lock: Let your children and pets play freely while the Pet Lock prevents them from changing the settings—it’s worry-free family time.
- Powerful, In Many Ways: Large house with a lot of pets. No problem—the Core P350 can purify a 219 ft² room in just 12 minutes.
- We’ve Got Your Back: Levoit is full of people who love their pets, just like you do. Based in California and always innovating, we create products that care for our customers and their homes.
- How to Find Replacement Filters: Search for B087R7ZFPB or Core P350-RF to find the official Levoit True HEPA 3-Stage Pet Allergy Filter. Levoit replacement filters provide the best fit and filtration, while off-brand filters are unreliable and may damage the air purifier.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Coway Airmega 400
With the Coway Airmega 400, you can freshen up the air and make it safer to breathe all while using a modern-looking machine that won’t look out of place from your home décor. Not only does this product boast an attractive appearance, but it also features smart technology. Set it on smart mode, and it will adapt automatically depending on the air quality in your home so it adjusts the fan’s speed. This is both convenient and more energy-efficient.
There is also good air quality monitoring with its sensor. The stylish ring on the front will cycle through 4 different colors to indicate good, moderate, unhealthy, and very unhealthy air in real-time. There is even a separate filter indicator light so that you always know the right time to switch out the filters. Along with the pre-filter, this product uses a MAX2 filter that includes a True HEPA filter and a deodorizing carbon filter for harmful gases and VOCs.
Pros & Cons
- [Coverage] Designed to clean spaces up to 1,560 sq. ft. in 30 minutes
- [HyperCaptive Filtration System] Dynamic combination of a washable pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and Green True HEPA Filter effectively reduces 99.999% of 0.01-micron particles in the air, including pollen, pollutants, and other allergens; It also reduces 99% of volatile organic compounds and odor
- [Smart Mode] With its Smart Mode feature, the Airmega automatically adapts to its surroundings by adjusting fan speeds based on the room's air quality; That means your unit is energy efficient without compromising effectiveness
- [Eco Mdoe] When the air quality in the room remains purified for 30 minutes or more in Eco Mode, the fan will turn off to conserve energy, kicking on again when pollution is detected
- [Sleep Mode] When the Airmega's built-in light and pollution sensors detect that the room has been dark and the air is clean for 3 minutes, Sleep Mode reduces the purifier's noise and power consumption
- [Filter Alerts] The air filter indicator tells you when the filters need to be replaced and the prefilters need to be cleaned for maximum efficiency, based on how much air they have processed
- [Air Quality Indicator] 24/7 pollution monitor air quality throughout the day, adjusting purification to the necessary level and saving energy when it's not needed
- [Timer] Schedule the unit to purify for 1, 4, or 8 hours of use and conserve energy
- [Warranty] 5-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
The Hathaspace Smart Air Purifier 2.0 features medical-grade quality equipment. This 5-in-1 unit features the H13 HEPA filter that can filter out more than 99% of particles down to 0.1 microns. The pre-filter and the polypropylene pre-filter keep the surface area of the H13 preserved so that it functions as best as it can. Meanwhile, the activated carbon filter and the cold catalyst filter place their focus on targeting odors, gases, harmful chemicals, and VOCs.
No guesswork is required when using this quality unit either. There is air quality sensor technology that offers real-time monitoring and adjustments as it sees fit. You can check it by looking at the simple light panel on the front of the unit that changes colors based on the pollutants in the air. All that’s needed is to set the unit to auto mode so it can change the fan to adapt better to different qualities of air.
Pros & Cons
- Certified by Hathaspace – Manufactured under the strictest quality standards by Hathaspace for the HSP002 Home Large Room HEPA Air Purifier. For your safety, choose only certified Hathaspace replacement filters for your Hathaspace air purifiers.
- H13 True HEPA – Superior to standard true H11 HEPA filters, H13 HEPA filters 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns and 99.95% of particles between 0.3 – 0.1 microns. These smaller particles make up most harmful airborne pollutants like smoke and lead dust.
- Improved carbon filter – Our activated carbon filter features more carbon than other carbon filters on the market and microporous zeolite for improved performance. Designed for greater surface area absorption, our unique honey-comb carbon filter can target more odors, gases, and smoke while lasting much longer.
- 4 stages of filtration – Our 4-stage HEPA filter features a Polypropylene Pre-Filter, H13 True HEPA Filter, Activated Carbon Filter, and a Cold Catalyst Filter. Together, the filter targets all common air pollutants such as pollen, pet dander, VOC’s, smoke, and odors.
- Lifetime support – The Hathaspace team is always available to assist you and provide the best customer service experience. If you have any problems with your filters, just let us know and we will replace them free of charge. For the cleanest air year-round, we recommend replacing your filters at least every 4 months.
6.Blueair Classic 205
The Blueair Classic 205 can help you battle allergies, knockout airborne pollutants and chemicals, and neutralize odors such as smoke. With its HEPASilent technology, the filter has an electrostatic barrier to electrify and draw in particles and pollutants. At the same time, the DualProtection filters work on handling particles of various sizes from as large as pollen to as small as typical viruses. These filters are made with a durable steel body so that they can last a long time.
The design is even intuitive so it won’t be hard to use. There is a straightforward, yet modern, control panel. From here, you can do everything, such as switch through the three fan speed modes. On this sleek panel is also a filter change indicator so you won’t have to keep track of when you last replaced the filters.
Pros & Cons
- Battle allergies, asthma and hay fever with HEPASilent technology which leverages electrostatic charge and mechanical filtration to deliver true HEPA performance capturing 99.97% of air airborne pollutants including dust, mold, pet dander, pollen.
- Certified clean air delivery rate (CADR) of 180 cubic feet per minute with a superior, 4.8 air changes per hour
- 3 fan speeds including whisper quiet operation allow you to breathe and sleep easier without disruption. Wi-Fi connectivity-compatible with 802.11 b/g/n router on 2.4ghz Wi-Fi network band. Network security; open, WEP, WPA, & WPA2
- Wi-Fi enabled for control through your Blueair friend app and amazon Alexa compatible
- For small to medium rooms between 300 square feet and 400 square feet (AHAM rated at 279 square feet) such as small bedrooms, nurseries, and offices
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 has been certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America for its effectiveness in being asthma and allergy-friendly. With its BioGS HEPA filtration, it offers six stages of purification. Allergens and bacteria are trapped through the use of this filter. Not only does this address mold, fungi, pet dander, and dust mites, but it easily tackles common VOCs.
It is designed with an advanced motor that lets you operate the unit using five different fan speeds. The lowest speed doesn’t make much noise either. The motor doesn’t have any brushes so it naturally runs quieter as well as behaves more efficiently.
Pros & Cons
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- 5 Year Warranty
- Odor Remover customized filter: Traps and reduces odors from pets, cigarettes and cigars, cooking and mildew.
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 700 sq. ft.
Best Voc Air Purifier – As we all spend more and more time indoors, one thing we desperately miss is that fresh air feeling. Our homes and workplaces can often become stuffy, stale, and smelly, which is not an ideal environment to spend most of our time in.
Not only that, there are some lingering household products that can actually cause us harm. Everyday items such as certain paints, varnishes, disinfectants, air fresheners, printers and permanent markers contain something called VOCs.