Best Whole Home Air Purifier – To find the best whole house air purifiers, you’ll need to examine a list of criteria to determine what is most important. We recommend the best whole house air purifier with a minimum 3-stage filtration process.
This consists of a pre-filter for larger particles, a true HEPA filter for dust, spores, and allergens, and an activated carbon filter that blasts smoke, odors, and gasses to smithereens. Don’t forget digital controls, such as real-time air quality reminders and Away Mode settings for energy efficiency. These are the features that also make the best air purifiers.
When it comes to whole-house purifiers, you first need to think about how large of an area you want to cover. If you are only looking to work with a smaller space, then you can get a smaller and less powerful model. If, on the other hand, you want to purify your whole house, then you will need a larger model, like this one. It has an absolutely enormous coverage area of 2,400 square feet, which should be more than enough for most homes.
It can accomplish this amazing feat thanks to its triple filtration system. While many other units only have one or two different filter stages, this unit comes with three. These include a pre-filter for larger particles, a HEPA filter for fine particles, and an activated carbon filter for bacteria.
Pros & Cons
- MAINTAIN YOUR UNIT: Use ONLY genuine MA-40 replacement filters (B07MTQFFNT) to ensure your MA-40 air purifier operates as it should, keeping the air inside your home, apartment, school, or office clean.
- EASY TO CHANGE: The lightweight design makes the process of replacing filters a breeze, so you and your family can maintain healthy and pure air in every room. A fresh filter will help remove irritants and neutralize odors.
- HEPA H13 FILTRATION: Trusted to remove 99.9% of harmful particles including allergens, odors, VOCs, smoke, pollen, pet dander, dust, smog, contaminants, and more down to 0.1 microns in size. Captures finer particles than HEPA H11 (0.3 microns).
- 3 STAGES: Multi-stage filtration; pre-filter traps large pollutants, HEPA H13 for fine particles, and active carbon to remove odors. Perfect for smokers, pet owners, allergies, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and cooking smells.
- LONGER LIFETIME: Each easy-to-replace filter set lasts 4-5 months or 3,000 hours, whichever comes first. Only 2-3 filter changes per year means lower maintenance and more cost savings.
This whole house air purifier is very impressive across the board, starting with a 4-layer filtration system that uses a pre-filter, silver filter, HEPA pure filter, and an activated carbon layer that work together to cut down on allergens, dust, pollen, and other airborne contaminants as small as 0.3 microns. It uses an inner which works to release negative ions into the environment to bind to allergens, killing it on contact.
We love this whole-house air purifier impressive display panel, which uses sensors to indicate filter life, air allergen sensing. An auto mode setting also allows different fan speed adjustments. Kudos for WhisperMax technology, which allows it to run very quietly without losing efficiency.
Pros & Cons
- RECOMMENDED FOR: Dust, dander, allergens, pet fur, and odors. Perfect for large rooms, offices, schools, and open spaces.
- PURE FILTER: Standard filter that helps relieve allergy and asthma symptoms including runny nose, congestion, shortness of breath, and sneezing.
- TRUE HEPA: Includes a Medical Grade H13 True HEPA layer that captures 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron. True HEPA filters last 3-5 months longer than standard filters.
- AIR QUALITY SENSOR LIGHT: Blue = Excellent, Orange = Fair, Red = Bad air quality (high levels of particles). On "auto mode" the sensor will adjust the speed of the fan to clean the air more efficiently.
- PERFECT GIFT WITH A RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: Alen air purifiers aim to maintain our community’s health and wellness with cleaner pure air. From back-to-school preparations for classrooms, doctor’s offices, hotels, casinos, bars, lounges, restaurants, and most importantly your home, our air purifiers offer air filtration to everyone. A great gift for smokers and pet owners who need to improve their indoor air quality caring for their loved ones.
3.HATHASPACE Air Purifier
This whole house air purifier leads with a 5-in-1 filtration system that consists of a cold catalyst filter, cellular activated filter, antibacterial layer, HEPA filter, and ionizer. All work to kill airborne contaminants such as dust, smoke, odors, pollen, and dust mites.
With 350 square feet of coverage, this whole house air purifier is good to replace air twice an hour. On the digital side, it is very formidable, coming with an air quality sensor for real-time updates, auto more for auto fan speed adjustment, and a handheld remote control to control it within range. And for more digital purifiers, check out the best smart air purifier with an air quality sensor for real-time updates
Pros & Cons
- Purify your air – Our 5-in-1 filter system targets pollen, dust, pet dander, VOC’s, smoke, and odors. Our H11 HEPA filter captures 99.9% of particles down to 0.3 microns.
- What you get – Smart air purifier, True HEPA filter set, remote control, manual, 2-year warranty, award-winning customer support 7 days a week, and the peace of mind that comes from a trusted American brand.
- Remove odors, smoke, & VOC’s – Both an air cleaner and odor eliminator, our air purifier features a unique honeycomb activated-carbon filter that absorbs odors, smoke, and VOC’s. With a state-of-the-art fan and motor, enjoy clean air delivered quietly and efficiently in your home, bedroom, office, kitchen, basement, dorm, apartment, or living room.
- Breathe easier – Nothing feels better than breathing clean air. Read our 10,000+ reviews and see just how much our air purifier can assist and support the body’s natural response during allergy season.
- Smart air purifier – In AUTO mode, a smart air quality sensor detects pollutants in your air, adjusting the fan speed in real-time. A digital display on the unit reveals your air quality level, so you always know what you’re breathing.
Most Honorable Mentions in the post
4.Oransi Max | HEPA
This whole house air purifier offers three stages of filtration, which consists of a pre-filter for larger particles, a HEPA filter for allergens, and an activated carbon filter to weave its magic with smoke and odors.
One of our favorite features with this whole house air purifier is its Intelligent Air Quality Monitor, which helps monitor air quality in real-time with automatic fan speed adjustment to help save energy if needed. A filter replacement indicator also lights up an electronic display for regularly scheduled maintenance with a color-coded guide when it’s time for a replacement. And another air quality indicator unit that offers real-time status updates is the best air purifier with a washable filter.
Pros & Cons
- Pure Air Purifier for Home - Max real HEPA air purifier is ideal for rooms like bedrooms, basements, offices, and large living areas; coverage up to 600 square feet with 3 air changes per hour.
- Quiet Large Air Purifier- All four fan speeds never go above a 53 dB noise level, making this a silent addition for home with large room
- Carbon and real HEPA Filters - Odor eliminating real HEPA filter (MERV16) tested to remove 99%+ of allergies, mold, pet hair, airborne particulates at 0.3, while the carbon filter is widely used for gas removal.
- Easy to Use Display - Electronic control on this plug in air purifier is simple to use and also displays an indoor air quality monitor, making it the best air purifier for home
- #1 Rated, 10-Year Warranty - Oransi filters were rated #1 in the only comprehensive university study of air cleaners. We are maximizing sustainability by using the highest efficiency EC motors in our new air purifiers and that allows you to achieve up to 90% energy savings. Operates at 120V/60 (North America).
5.Germ Guardian HEPA
This best whole house air purifier HVAC cleans 99.97% of airborne contaminants as small as 0.3 microns with a three-stage filter, which uses a pre-filter for large particles, HEPA filter for smaller particles (dust mites, pet dander), and an activated carbon filter for smoke, odors, and gases. A UV-C light also wreaks havoc on bacteria and viruses for complete protection.
With room coverage of up to 78 square feet, this best whole house UV air purifier is best reserved for smaller bedrooms and offices, with ideal placement on tabletops to maximize airflow and coverage space. All in all, this compact air filter offers an excellent combination of three-stage filtration, UV-C light for germ-fighting, and a compact size for smaller spaces.
Pros & Cons
- PERFECT FOR KID'S ROOMS - Bring your kid's ceiling to life with a 3 Color Night Light Projector and Air Purifier System (Twinkle Moon & Stars, Sleepy Safari, or Under the Sea)
- QUIET OPERATION - The lowest setting can be used as gentle white noise at night for a quiet, restful sleep
- COMPACT DESIGN - This 11-inch air purifier is perfect for smaller rooms or on your child’s bedside table
- TRUE HEPA AIR FILTER - This 3-in-1 air purifier reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
Best Whole Home Air Purifier – However, recognizing the need for a whole house air purifier is one thing, choosing the right model is another one. So, to help buyers choose the right model, we’ve collected some of the best air purifiers while considering essential factors such as the number and type of filters, maximum noise level, coverage area, and dimensions.