Best Blu Ray Drive for Pc – We hope that you have a better idea than before of which Blu-ray drive to choose.
These are some of the top products in the market, and you do not need to be tech-savvy to use them. These are the ideal tools for anyone looking to enjoy an excellent visual experience. So, we have decided to help you out a bit more by sharing our top three favorites.
- Operating Requirements: Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, Windows 10 86x64, Windows 8 86x64, Windows 7 86x64, Windows, Vista 86x64, Windows XP 86x64
- CPU and RAM requirements: Intel Pentium D 945(3.4 GHz) or higher and 1 GB or more RAM is recommended
- Maximum burn speeds of 16x for BD-R, 16x for DVD-R/+R and 40x for CD-R. Maximum read speeds of 12x for BD-R, 16x for DVD-R/+R and 40x for CD-R
- Maximum burn speed of 12x for BD Dual Layer (DL) and 8x for DVD Dual Layer (DL), maximum read speeds for BD Dual Layer (DL) at 8x and for DVD Dual Layer (DL) at 12x
- Disc:AudioCD,CD-I,CD-Extra,PhotoCD,CD-Text,CD-ROM/XA,Multi-sessionCD,BD-R(SL/DL),BD-R(TL/QL),BD-RE(SL/DL),BD-RE(TL),BD-ROM(SL/DL),CD-R,CD-RW,CD-ROM,DVD±R(SL/DL),DVD±RW,DVD-ROM(SL/DL),DVD-RAM,DVD Video
To test the read capability of the BW-16D1X-U we used MakeMKV to rip a 50GB Blu-ray movie, which took just over 36 minutes. That’s a huge speed advantage over most slim Blu-ray designs, ripping a 50 GB Blu-ray movie faster than they can do a 37 GB one in our testing.
We tested the write speeds by making a copy of a 14 GB photo file, which took slightly over 33 minutes, comparable to what you’d get from a slim drive.
There were some problems with inserting and ejecting discs. After we ejected the Blu-ray we ripped, we put a blank BD-R in but the drive wouldn’t recognize it. Then, we couldn’t get the drive to eject the disc.
2.OWC Mercury Pro
- Aluminum housed desktop optical drive with USB 3.0 and M-DISC support for reliable long-term storage.
- Archive quality M-DISC compatibility
- Mac and PC compatible: OS X 10.6 and later; Windows XP and later
- Includes: 16X External Blu-ray Burner; 0.6 meter (24") USB 3.0 Cable; External power cable; User guide
- Sleek, durable aluminum chassis; 1 Year OWC Limited Warranty
The OWC Mercury Pro External USB 3.1 Gen 1 Optical Drive provides best in class read and write speeds, making this imposing drive the top choice if you’re looking for pure performance.
We purchased the OWC Mercury Pro External USB 3.1 Gen 1 Optical Drive so our expert reviewer could thoroughly test and assess it. Keep reading for our full product review.
The Blu-ray burner market has a lot of drives that look and feel the same, and simultaneously many people are moving away from physical media to go to cloud storage and streaming. Can the OWC Mercury Pro External USB 3.1 Gen 1 Optical Drive stand out in a crowd of clones or will it blend in like the rest? We tested it to find out.
- Clamshell design
- USB 3.0
- Slim and lightweight, Supports BDXL CyberLink Software Silver Retail
We purchased Pioneer BDR-XD05B Blu-ray Burner so our expert reviewer could thoroughly test and assess it. Keep reading for our full product review.
Rewritable storage has come a long way since the first CD-R drives came out years ago, and a crop of small, portable Blu-ray drives, like the Pioneer BDR-XD05B Blu-ray Burner, are making it easier to burn Blu-rays on the go. A small Blu-ray drive should be both light and portable as well as sturdy enough to take the kind of jostling you’d expect lugging it around. We tested the Pioneer BDR-XD05B to see whether this Blu-ray burner can deliver performance and portability at the right price.
4.LG Electronics 6X
- Drive Type: External Slim Portable Blu-ray Writer
- Interface: USB 2.0 (480 Mb/s)
- Buffer Memory: 4 MB
- Write: CD-R: 24X, CD-RW: 16X, DVDR SL/DL: 8X, DVDRW: 8X/6X, DVD-RAM: 5X, BD-R SL/DL: 6X, BD-RE SL/DL/TL: 2X
- Read: CD-R/RW/ROM: 24X, DVD-ROM: 8X, BD-ROM SL/DL: 6X.Sustained transfer rate BD-ROM 26.97 MB/s
There’s no carrier branding on the front or back of the G6, which helps it retain a clean, premium look. Rounded sides spread shock and give the phone some impact resistance. Like the V20, it’s rated MIL-STD-810G, meaning it can withstand drops onto hard surfaces.
It survived several five-foot drops onto the rubberized floor of our test lab with no visible damage, though keep in mind if you drop it on concrete, you’re still likely to crack the glass back.
This is also LG’s first phone to be IP68 waterproof. We dunked it and rinsed it off in the sink without any trouble.
5.ASUS ZenDrive Ultra Slim
- 8X DVD write speed, ASUS ZenDrive U7M provides a complete, easy-to-use backup solution.
- ASUS ZenDrive U7M has an ultra-slim, 13mm form factor, making it the perfect companion to thin and light laptops.
- M-disc is designed to protect your memories from degradation and data loss for 1, 000 years or more.
- Nero backup full back up solution for Android devices.Operating temperature : 5 ℃ to 40 ℃
- Windows and Mac compatible
Are you looking for a slim, lightweight external DVD writer, that you can easily carry around? Do you need a simple, but complete, backup solution, that works on a Mac as well as on a Windows 10 PC? Do you want a DVD writer with a cool, slick design?
The ASUS ZenDrive U7M (SDRW-08U7M-U) might be exactly what you are looking for. Read this review, see what it has to offer, and whether it is a great alternative to the more expensive Apple SuperDrive:
Fewer computers have built-in optical drives, so external disc drives have become the alternative for reading, writing, and playing back disc media. These Blu-ray drives are not the same as Blu-ray players—while they can play Blu-ray movies on your computer, they’re also designed to write and read other kinds of data stored on Blu-ray discs.
You can use this physical media to securely store backups of your computer or free up space on your hard drive by offloading photo libraries and old files. You can also save important data to the archival-quality disc formats that many of these drives support.