Best External Blu Ray Player for Pc – Modern laptops rarely include optical drives for CDs, DVDs, or Blu-rays, therefore you do require external DVD ROM to read or write data into a disc on your laptop or PC for any purpose. It is good to use external DVD drives because they come with readymade data burning software and can be easily plug and play into your PC and laptop via USB port.
1.External CD Drive z
- Plug & play. Easy to use,powered by USB port. No external driver and Power needed. Just plug it into your USB port and the DVD driver will be detected
- High speed. Compatible with USB3. 0 and backwards compatible with USB2. 0 , bringing faster data transmission speed (up to a maximum of 5Gbps) and stable performance with strong fault tolerance
- Intelligent tech. Designed with eject button so that you never have to worry about your disc getting stuck inside this external CD/DVD drive. The copper mesh technology of this external component, you can be rest assured of stable data transmission
- Trendy design. Brushed texture shell brings trendy sight and touch enjoyment. Embedded cable design, worry- off cable missing any when and where
- Wide compatibility. Ideal for various devices. It supports Windows XP/2003/Vista/7/8. 1/10, Linux, all version Mac OS system. For the desktops, Please connect the device to the back USB port of the motherboard for normal use
The CP210x USB to UART Bridge Virtual COM Port (VCP) drivers are required for device operation as a Virtual COM Port to facilitate host communication with CP210x products. These devices can also interface to a host using the direct access driver.
These drivers are static examples detailed in Application Note 197: The Serial Communications Guide for the CP210x.
The CP210x Manufacturing DLL and Runtime DLL have been updated and must be used with v 6.0 and later of the CP210x Windows VCP Driver. Application Note Software downloads affected are AN144SW.zip, AN205SW.zip and AN223SW.zip. If you are using a 5.x driver and need support you can download Legacy OS Software.
- Extreme 16X Blu Ray writing speed, backup 25GB data for only 8 minutes
- M disc Support, save your priceless memories or data for up to 1,000 years
- BDXL Support up to 128GB data storage in one disc
- CPU: Intel Pentium D 945(3.4GHz) or higher RAM: 1GB or more is recommended HDD: 10GB or more Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT or ATI X1600 series or above Use HDCP Compatible display and VGA card to High Definition digital output
- OS Support: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
The BW-16D1HT 16X Blu-ray Disc Writer from ASUS features an enhanced 16X Blu-ray disc writing speed. This ensures you can burn data to Blu-ray discs quickly and efficiently. Additionally, you can also take advantage of 16X DVD write speeds and 48X CD write speeds. Accompanying enhanced data write speeds, you can read data from BD-R discs at speeds of 12X, DVD-R discs at speeds of 16X, and CD-R discs at speeds of 48X.
This ASUS Blu-ray Disc Writer is also compatible with M-disc optical media allowing you to etch your data into these discs for long term storage. If you intend on storing a large amount of data you can utilize BDXL optical media to store up to 128GB of data on a single disc. Regardless of your method of storing data this disc writer comes with two forms of security including both password protection and encoded file name functionality.
3.OWC Mercury Helios 3S
- Lightning-fast 40Gbps transfer speeds: (2) Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Play your card: physical slot and enclosure support cards up to half-length, full-height, double-width
- See more: DisplayPort 1.4 for connecting up to an 8K display
- Easy card installs: No tools required
- Charge while working: 85W of notebook charging
Connect a half-length, full-height, single- or double-width PCIe card to systems with a Thunderbolt 3 port using the Mercury Helios 3S Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Expansion Solution from OWC / Other World Computing. Built with one PCIe 3.0 x16/x4 slot, the Mercury Helios 3S is useful for expanding the connectivity of systems like the iMac, Mac mini, or MacBook Pro, which do not have the PCIe slots needed for pros working in creative fields. Instead, this solution connects to Thunderbolt 3 hosts to leverage this connectivity via PCIe expansion that is outside of the computer.
It can be used for video capture, digital audio, an SSD, 40GbE or 10GbE network adapters, SAS controllers, Firewire, USB, or eSATA host adapters, and more.
4.OWC ThunderBay 8 RAID
- Eight universal 2.5 or 3.5-inch SSDs/HDDs drive bays w/ Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports (Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt backward compatible)
- Daisy-chain six units together for up to 768TB of storage capacity or five additional Thunderbolt devices with second Thunderbolt 3 port
- DisplayPort 1.2 for connecting up to a 4K display
- No drivers needed and includes Thunderbolt 3 cable
- Thunderbolt certified for Mac and Windows w/ Up to 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty
Then I remembered OWC. I had used OWC over 10 years ago back in the days of Firewire drives and needing enclosures with the Oxford 911 chip in them for a large UK broadcaster and OWC were one of not very many, that supplied 2.5” enclosures with Oxford 911 chips in them.
Even though they are the wrong side of the pond for me based in the UK, their expertise and track record, were again, more important to me than price or location. I knew that they understand Apple devices and even better they confirm the compatibility of each product and which Mac computer it will work with, giving me the confidence that if I bought it it would work, first time.
- PLAYS AND BURNS BLU-RAY, DVD, & CD - Portable External Blu-ray drive.
- COMPATABLE WITH PC, LAPTOP, WINDOWS, & MAC - Just plug and play with your device.
- ULTRA-SLIM AND COMPACT - Measures 6 x 5 x 0.5 in and 0.5 lbs.
- WRITES BLU-RAY DISCS UP TO 128 GB - High capacity burning.
- BDXL SUPPORT - Writes to high-capacity blu-ray discs up to 128 GB.
- US-BASED SUPPORT - 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- PLAYS DVDs AT NEAR BLU-RAY QUALITY - DVD upscaling.
- BLU-RAY SPEEDS - 6x read / 6x write.
- DVD SPEEDS - 8x read / 8x write.
- M-DISC SUPPORT - Make temperature, light, and humidity resistant recordings lasting up to 1000 years.
The BRXL-16U3 is an ideal drive for consumers wanting both playback and burning capabilities all the way up to BDXL 128GB discs. This solution supports writing CDR at 48x and CDRW at 24x, DVD minus and plus R offer s 16x write speed while DL discs reach 8x. With Blu-ray, we get 16x write on SL media and 12x on DL. For BD-RXL triple and quad layer disc, you are looking at 6x write speed.
This solution takes advantage of USB 3.0 connectivity with the Type-C connection with an external power source. Compatibility includes Windows XP through 10. MSRP comes in at $149.99 with a two-year warranty along with being TAA compliant.
Modern laptops rarely include optical drives for CDs, DVDs, or Blu-rays, and music and video streaming services make it so you never need to play a disc if you don’t want to. But if you have decades’ worth of CDs, DVDs, or Blu-rays to watch, or home movies to archive, the Asus ZenDrive U9M is the best USB DVD burner, and LG’s BP60NB10 is the best Blu-ray burner.