Best Beach Chair for Plus Size – Nearly everyone loves to relax by the beach sipping a cocktail, enjoying their favorite book, and just listening to waves crashing on the shore. However, there is no way you could relax and enjoy the sun if you are constantly worrying about falling off a weak beach chair or trying to fit into a rather small and uncomfortable chair.
Plus-size people may have a hard time finding a high-quality beach chair that will not only support their weight but also be comfortable and stylish. As a plus-sized girl, I know what us heavy folks go through when shopping for plus-sized furniture
Just like a regular old towel doesn’t work for a plus size body, many beach chairs are not built for the width or the weight. But being fat doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy sitting on the beach, and these chairs prove that.
We’ve gathered a list of the best plus size beach chairs for heavy people so you can enjoy the waves and the rays with your friends and family. Having a bigger body shouldn’t mean staying off the beach!
When I think of beach chairs, I either think of a wooden Muskoka-style chair (which, let’s be honest, you won’t want to port it back and forth to the beach) or a low folding chair. The Ostrich On Your Back is of the second style with 5 adjustable positions it sits just a mere 9-inches from the ground.
This particular chair features a wider frame, so you don’t have to worry about squishing your fanny into way too small of a space. It can also hold up to 325 lbs, so you don’t have to worry about it collapsing underneath your weight. It has a backstrap that allows you to carry it hands-free and there’s a cupholder to keep your drink close. You can easily carry this and all of your other beach bag essentials in one place.
- Patented open/close face cavity and arm slots w/head pillow
- Backpack straps allow for hands free transport
- Extra wide and increased weight capacity
- 5 Adjustable positions sits 9-Inch off the ground. Weight on the chair is 10.56 lbs
- Cup holder attached to arm. Collections: Beach Chairs
If you’re looking for a beach chair similar to the Ostrich that’s a little more durable, then the Moon Lence is for you. This is a portable beach lounger is built for backpacking, camping and other heavy-duty situations, so you know it’ll do the trick. It’s incredibly comfortable and can hold up to around 400 lbs according to the manufacturer.
It features an ergonomic seat design that will allow you to relax, and the soft, breathable material will keep you comfortable and not too hot while you relax. It’s portable, weighing only 2 lbs and is compact enough to be thrown into your carry-on luggage.
- HIGH DURABILITY: Seat made of 600D Oxford cloth and high-strength 7075 aluminum alloy frames. Our heavy duty camping chair weighs 2lb which can hold up to near 400lb/180kg.
- SUPER STABLE & COMFORT: Our new designed square frame makes the chair stable than ever. Unique and ergonomic seat design gives you the best seat experience allowing you to relax. Breathable and soft seat net makes you feel comfortable while you sit.
- PORTABLE DESIGN: Both the mesh and the holders can be folded into small pieces.This portable chair is compact enough to put into your backpack or your carry-on luggage. Side pockets can store some little stuff.
- EASY SETUP and CLEAN: Foldable mesh and metal poles make it easy to set up and fold down. It is super easy to clean: just sweep off or clean by soap water.
3.RIO beach Chair
While the RIO Wave doesn’t have many bells and whistles, it’s perfect for carting down to the beach with you. It has a capacity of 180 kg (roughly 396 lbs), so it can definitely handle some plus size beach fun. Luckily, it only weighs 5 lbs itself, so it’s easy to transport.
It’s made of durable fabric seating that resists colour fading and is designed to keep you dry, even on the hottest of days. The polyester fabric is held up by a powder-coated steel frame, making it comfortable and perfect for a beach or poolside afternoon.
- TRAVEL HANDS-FREE: The RIO Big Boy backpack chair offers hands-free portability and it's lightweight aluminum frame makes it easy to carry
- EASY TO RECLINE: Features an easy 4-position Safe-Adjust recline design, allowing you to adjust the reclining position without the worry of getting your fingers or hands caught in the brackets
- EXTRA ROOM: Extra wide 22" seat width and sits 13" off the ground, making it higher than the standard 8" seat height
- UNIQUE AND FUNCTIONAL: Adjustable padded backpack shoulder straps with large storage pouch
- DURABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: Beach chair frame is constructed of durable rust-proof aluminum, making it lightweight and easy to carry at only 8 lbs.
The Pacific Breeze is a different kind of beach chair. It’s basically a pad with a back, which works wonderfully if your plan is to soak up the sun and get yourself a tan. You can fold the pad out and have a full-length lounger, or you can shorten it to a regular-sized seat.
These plus size loungers are lightweight and easy to cart to the beach with you, especially because of the backpack straps for carrying. It weighs just over 6 lbs, even with the durable steel frame. The best part is that it comes with two longers, so you have one and a spare, or something for your bestie to use!
- Durable Material: The lightweight beach chair has a strong powder-coated steel frame and supports up to 250lbs. 600D polyester fabric and steel structure to provide strong and durable support
- Lightweight & Room Saving: Ultralight, weighs 6.5lbs. So you can take the beach folding lightweight chair everywhere with you. Fold up to compact size when not in use. The foldable beach chair comes with a carrying bag for easy transport and storage
- Convenient Design: The low folding beach chair was equipped with a fabric cup holder with a black mesh bottom to provide storage room for beverages and personal items. Outdoor folding chair has a seatback pocket for convenient storage
- Great Size: 20.5W x 15.5D x 27H inches. Portable beach chair height from seat to the ground is 8 inches. Pacific Pass outdoor chair will supply you hours of comfort: Relaxed backrest with full seat support
- Versatile: Great camping chair for adults. You can use this sand chair for all your outdoor activities like a concert, hiking, travel, picnic, festivals, in the garden or any outdoor activity. Take low beach chair with you and enjoy your outdoor life
5.ALPS King Kong
The ALPS King Kong plus size beach chairs are the biggest I’ve found on the market. They have a weight capacity of up to 800 lbs, so chances are they cover most readers. This is a great chair for spending a day at the beach or heading to the campground.
This chair has a sturdy, powder-coated steel frame with strong polyester fabric that provides stability and comfort. Each arm is adjustable and comes with a cup holder and side pocket for maximum storage. Plus, it comes with a convenient storage back for easy portability.
- Sturdy powder-coated steel frame and 600D polyester fabric provides stability and comfort
- Each adjustable armrest comes with a cup holder and side pocket for maximum storage
- Includes convenient shoulder carry bag, allowing you to transport and store chair with ease
- The ALPS Mountaineering King Kong is on our best sellers list; you'll know why as soon as you take a seat
- Dimensions: 38" W x 20" D x 38" H, Weight: 13 lbs. ; Weight Capacity: 800 lbs.
6.Nice C Chair
The Nice C Low Beach Camping Chair is one of the best heavy duty beach chairs. The polyester mesh extra-wide seat is both comfortable and durable, and the sturdy pan shaped feet allow weight to be distributed evenly in this XL beach chair. The design of the Nice C Low Beach Camping Chair is compact, making it easy to store between uses and transport from place to place.
The mesh material and heavy-duty steel-framed material is easy to clean and will not wear out as quickly as some other materials used to make beach chairs for plus size beachgoers. The Nice C Low Beach Camping Chair is an excellent big man beach chair that is great to use for a wide variety of activities like camping, beach days, festivals, picnics, BBQ’s and other outdoor events.
- COMFORTABLE & PORTABLE: Nice C’s low beach chair is made with a breathable and cooling mesh fabric that allows air to flow while you sit. There are arm cushions on the metal arms so you can rest your arms comfortably. Also included is an easy to reach cup holder to hold your drinks or personal items. Take this chair with you anywhere: beach, park, camping, hiking, etc.
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE MATERIAL: Our chair is made with a heavy duty steel and industrial grade Oxford 1000D polyester mesh. It is sturdy and durable. The lightweight frame and the included carrying case allows you to transport the chair easily. The folding size is only 24.5”× 7”× 4.5” (L×W×H), so you can store it easily.
- WEIGHT SUSTAINABILITY: The chair’s heavy duty frame allows it to sustain weight up to 300 lbs. or 136 kgs. The low seat and anti-sink leg cap designs give the chair a stable structure to hold more weight. Use this chair without worry.
- SETUP & CLEAN UP: Setting up the chair is very easy: just pull the frame apart and enjoy your seat. To store away, simply push the frame back together and put it in its carrying case. Clean up is also easy: just wipe off with a towel or clean with soap and water.
Everyone loves to spend a day at the beach. Having a comfortable beach chair is very important if you want to ensure your beach day is as relaxing as possible. Beach chairs come in all shapes and sizes, and there are quite a few on the market that are oversized beach chairs for heavy people specifically. Beach chairs for people over 300 lbs are designed to be sturdy and comfortable with a few added features to make them stand out from the more traditional beach chairs on the market.
A top extra wide beach chair review should include key features that will make your beach day enjoyable. When looking to purchase heavy-duty folding beach chairs, there are a few items that should be on your list to look for.
The overall quality of plus size beach chairs depends mainly on the build design of the chair. A beach chair for people over 300 pounds must be sturdy enough to withstand prolonged use with the amount of weight it sustains during each use. An XL beach chair with a lightweight build design is ideal because that makes it easier to use. An ergonomic design is also a plus, especially if you have back or knee issues.
One of the essential parts of sturdy beach chairs is the frame. A beach chair with a frame made of aluminum or steel makes the chair more robust and harder to break or bend when weight is put into the chair. Steel frames tend to be the strongest, but aluminum frames make the chair a bit lighter and easier to carry.
The best heavy duty beach chairs feature frames with a rust or corrosion-resistant paint or powder coating. This will keep the metal materials from deteriorating when coming in contact with sand or saltwater after multiple uses at the beach.
The feet of wide beach chairs should be wider and shatterproof to increase the stability of the chair not only on sandy surfaces but also on grass, dirt, or pavement. Wider feet help distribute the weight evenly on all different types of surfaces.
Many zero-gravity beach chairs for plus size individuals use thick bungee cording to help the seat fabric stretch more freely.
Transporting beach chairs can become a tedious task and can be simplified by using a beach wagon. A portable beach chair for people over 300 pounds should be lightweight, foldable, and easy to transport from place to place. Many heavy-duty folding beach chairs come with either padded backpack style carrying straps or a convenient carrying bag with one or two straps. These are the best heavy duty beach chairs because they are the easiest to haul around.
Another important feature when it comes to portability is the weight of the actual chair. Most lightweight folding beach chairs are less than ten pounds making them a breeze to pack and carry. Others may weigh slightly more, but we recommend you find a portable beach chair that weighs no more than twenty-five pounds.
Storage and Add-ons
Being able to store your belongings, such as keys, water bottles, books, or phones, is also a key feature to look for when buying a beach chair. Many beach chairs have built-in cup holders, swing-out cup holders, side or back storage pockets with velcro or zippers, or insulated pockets that keep your drinks and snacks cool on a hot day. Because these chairs come in a variety of styles, you can even find a beach chair that matches your beach cooler.
For ultimate comfort, choosing an extra-large beach chair with a pillow is a top priority. Some beach chair pillows can also be removed and adjusted for both neck or lumbar support. Many beach chair models also come with fold-out towel racks so you can hang your beach towel to dry after a swim or drape a towel over the top of the chair to shade items underneath the back of your chair.
An optional accessory for your 500 lb capacity beach chair is an umbrella or canopy. These are usually not included with the chair but can be purchased separately to help protect you from too much sun exposure if you do not have a sun hat.
Some of the best beach chairs have a zero-gravity design or the ability to recline into up to five different positions. This is helpful when you want to take a break from sitting up and spend some time sunbathing or napping. Some chairs, like our pick for the best value, the Ostrich On Your Back Chair, even have arm openings and an open and close face cavity that makes it easy to read on your stomach while lying down in the chair.
Most reclining beach chairs use a locking mechanism on the arms of the chair that allow you to move from one position to the next. Others, like the Ezcheer Zero Gravity oversized chair, have a flexible locking mechanism that moves the entire surface of the chair by turning the knob.
The height of a chair may also be something to consider if you have back or knee issues. Choosing a chair with more considerable height above the ground may be easier to get in and out of, but lower chairs may be more comfortable and not irritate the back of your legs while sitting.
Choosing a beach chair with breathable, flexible, and durable fabric is very important, especially if you plan to get the chair wet or sit in it on the beach on a hot day. Industrial grade mesh fabric is a lightweight and breathable option that will not wear out as quickly as other mesh fabrics. Outdoor-grade polyester fabrics are also great for being durable and also offering the breathability that helps keep you from over sweating on a hot day at the beach.
Which beach chair will best hold a heavier person?
The best beach chair for a heavier person will have a few critical elements in the design. The first is a very stable frame, usually made of aluminum or steel. A heavy-duty frame will keep the weight distributed evenly and helping the beach chair last much longer. Extra-wide feet and a wider seat also help to keep the weight from staying in one place to damage the structure of the chair. Having a wider seat is also easier on the back and legs without causing too much pressure or pain while you are seated. The best heavy duty beach chairs for heavier people should also have thick and breathable fabric material. The breathable material will keep you cool, and the thickness will keep the chair from wearing out too quickly. The industrial mesh is always a good choice for a beach chair if you want to stay cool. A zero-gravity design or reclining beach chair that is not too low to the ground is also an excellent choice for a heavier person.
As a plus-sized person, what is unsafe, uncomfortable and unhealthy about ordinary beach chairs?
Ordinary beach chairs can sit very low to the ground, which can be an issue when trying to get in or out of a chair. On the other hand, if a beach chair is too high, the bars of the frame of the chair may press too tightly on your legs, causing discomfort. This is also the case for a smaller seat in ordinary beach chairs; having an extra-wide seat is much more comfortable. If the frame is not made of durable material, it may be unsafe to sit in because the chair could break, causing a plus-sized person to fall and injure themselves. Sitting in a chair that is too small can also limit circulation in your body, which can cause dizziness, injury, or other health concerns. Ordinary beach chairs may not have supportive lumbar or neck pillows, which also can cause discomfort in plus-sized people.
What should I look for in a beach chair as a plus-size person?
As a plus-size person, when looking for a beach chair that provides the ultimate amount of comfort, there are a few key factors to consider. A top priority is the build of the chair. Be sure to find a beach chair that has a wide seat and a durable, sturdy frame made of either steel or aluminum. Steel is usually stronger, but aluminum is lighter and easier to carry from place to place. You also want to consider the height of the chair and how far or close to the ground, it sits. If you have trouble sitting or standing, you may want to choose a taller chair, making it easier to get out of. A zero gravity chair is also a good option because the adjustable settings can help you move back and forth in the chair. A plus size beach chair with a storage and carrying case or backpack style handles is also a perk to make the chair more portable in between uses. If you like to store a drink, your phone, or your favorite book, many oversized beach chairs come with storage pouches or holders for your belongings. Another top priority is to choose a beach chair with breathable and flexible fabrics that will not tear easily or make you sweat more than necessary.
The best plus size beach chair will be strong enough to hold your weight comfortably. It will also be wide enough to hold your body. A good beach chair should be lightweight, easy to carry around, and it should come with a carrying bag for convenient transport. A quality oversized beach chair must have a cup holder and at least one large storage pocket for personal items when it comes to accessories.
< class="fusion-responsive-typography-calculated" data-fontsize="25" data-lineheight="30px">How to Choose the Best Plus Size Beach Chair?
When choosing a plus-sized beach chair, you have to consider many factors, such as the materials used, type of chair, comfort levels, and similar. Look for a beach chair that is suitable for your needs – a product with wider dimensions, strong and comfortable armrests, sturdy legs, and higher backrest. When it comes to comfort, you should also feel safe sitting in the chair, and not like that it won’t support your weight.
< class="fusion-responsive-typography-calculated" data-fontsize="25" data-lineheight="30px">What is the Weight Limit On a Big Jumbo Aluminum Heavy Duty Beach Chair?
The Big Jumbo heavy duty beach chair is so strong that it can hold up to 500 lbs. The weight capacity makes it suitable for heavier individuals. The chair weighs 16 lbs, making it convenient for carrying and transport.
Find out what materials your beach chairs are made of to avoid ruining them with chemicals or cleaning tools that are too harsh. Canvas and fabric chairs will have a protocol that’s different from wooden or plastic seats. No matter what your beach chairs are made out of, having proper detergents and solutions made for beach chairs or outdoor furniture and brushes or cloths are all ideal for removing everything from salt residue to sunscreen stains.
The best approach is to treat mold early. It’s often caused by exposure to excess moisture and the quicker you treat it the better. Start by brushing off the mold outside, then spot treat the area with hot water and a cleaning detergent or formula that’s suitable for the fabric. For wooden chairs, use a vacuum to clean the surface and follow it with a scrub brush and white vinegar solution or bleach for stubborn stains.
Are you planning to go to the beach or to any other relaxing outdoor environment? Every trip to the beach deserves an inclusion of a well-chosen beach chair or more. You need a good quality chair to add to your assortment of accessories that you are planning to use at the beach. It will keep you off sand, allow you to sit in the perfect relaxing position, and let you enjoy life outdoor. This guide presents to you a list of the best beach chairs for big guys. Check it out to see if you can find what best suits your needs and if you can afford it.
Best Beach Chair for Plus Size – Everyone loves a comfortable beach chair. But if you’re on the larger size you might have found it tricky to find one for you. Beach chairs for people over 300 pounds are wider and sturdier than standard chairs. They have more stable frames and strong materials.
We’ve done the hard work for you and rounded up eight of the best XL beach chairs around. Build quality, extra features, portability, and comfort are all important things to consider. We list the materials used, weight capacity, and features like drink holders and head rests. Our Buyer’s Guide will help you decide which features you want in a beach chair.