Best Bean Bag Chair for Gaming – We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, DiscoverGeek may collect a share of sales from the links on this page. This helps us to keep the lights on at night .
Bean bag chairs are designed not only for relaxation but also for many other purposes. As such, the best bean bag chair offers more than just joy and comfort. It also provides versatility, making it available for use under any circumstances.
Many people opt for bean bag chairs for their bedrooms, living areas, and even man caves. This proves that you will never run out of options from bean bags. On top of this, did you know that bean bags make the best chair for gaming as well? Additionally, they cost only half the price of a usual gaming chair.
In this article, you will discover the best gaming bean bag chairs that are available in the market, along with a few tips on how you can find them.
1.Chill Sack Bean Bag Chair
This beanbag chair has over 8,800 five-star reviews, and nearly 700 reviewers specifically call it “comfortable.” One reviewer, who bought it for her “chick cave,” says, “The memory foam pieces make this the most comfortable seat I could have asked for.” The only downside is that her pets seem to agree. Based on how often they take it from her, she says it’s probably “the most comfy dog bed ever” and that she might have to get another so that they can each have their own.
Another reviewer recommends this beanbag chair to “any human or dog or cat or gerbil who enjoys soft, delicious relaxation in a blue puddle of joy.” She personally has never felt more comfortable and even thanks “capitalism” for “this glorious gift you have granted upon me and my roommates.” Reviewers note the beanbag takes about 24 hours after being removed from its packaging to fluff up completely. But once that’s happened, one reviewer says it’s “big enough for a cozy couple.” And, they add, “if it loses its shape, all you need to do is flip it around or use it as a punching bag. I’ve had this thing for a couple of years now, and it is still in great condition.”
Pros & Cons
- Fun for everyone: A great size for both kids and adults, this comfy Bean bag is the perfect furniture addition to any basement, family room, dorm, or bedroom whether as a gaming chair or a study spot
- Oversized sack: 60 x 60 x 34 inches - Collapse into a seat that loves you back and forms to fit your body; with space for two, you can cuddle close, share with a friend, or spread out to really relax
- Breathable and comfortable it is also very moisture resistant
- Shredded memory foam: Chill sack Bean bag chairs are stuffed with a shredded, soft, memory foam blend that is highly durable to maintain shape while increasing comfort levels for the ultimate chill moments
- Comfy Furniture Cover: the removable double stitched micro-suede fiber is soft to the touch, machine washable, and resistant to stains, and discoloration for easy maintenance
- Covers are soft, supple and sensuous to the touch, yet it's also resistant to stains and discoloration
- Machine-washable. Our premium micro fiber covers are the perfect blend of comfort, ease of care and durability
- Made in the USA with high quality, light and fluffy shredded foam, premium zippers, and hand selected fabrics that are double stitched for maximum strength and durability
2.Big Joe Fuf XXL
The Big Joe XXL is a unique kind of bean bag. It is filled with FUF foam, which makes this chair very earth-friendly. Big Joe features 7 foot of length, making it the perfect surface to manipulate into any position. Because this chair is so big, it gives gamer many possibilities to turn it into something that they can comfortably sit in or lay in if that’s what they really want to do.
This chair is beyond comfortable. To get into the bean bag and start playing your favorite game, you can flip, flop, pounce, or gently sit upon it. However, it is rather heavy to move around, to be honest. It weighs around 75 pounds and measures 84 x 60 x 40 inches.
This chair is made from a material called FUF. It is a mixture of memory foam and regular foam shredded into bits of pieces. The outside of the bag is a microfiber-type material that cannot be washed in the washing machine. It comes in a variety of colors to add the perfect touch to your gaming area.
Pros & Cons
- COMFORT MEETS STYLE: Big Joe Fufs are created for spaces that need absurdly awesome comfort. Measuring in at approximately seven feet, this is the mega of kicking back and relaxing in pure bliss.
- DURABLE MATERIAL: The removable, washable cover is made from soft and durable fabric. With lots of color choices, you're sure to find the perfect Fuf for you!
- NEVER GOES FLAT: This bean bag is filled with our patented shredded foam technology. Because it arrives compressed, it may take up to 48 hours to expand to its full Fuf potential.
- IT'S IN THE DETAILS: Fuf covers include sewn-in handles that make it easy to move, and its filling is so cozy, you won't want to get up!
- HOME GROWN: Big Joes are designed and filled in the USA.
First on our list is the Lumaland Luxury Bean Bag Chair that is considered among the best for its avant-garde design. This bean bag is designed with a washable outer cover called a microsuede, which is well-known for its durability. Since it is a washable bean bag, you can always keep it fresh and clean.
Moreover, the Lumaland Luxury Bean Bag Chair is offered in a wide range of sizes starting from 3-feet up to 7-feet. This allows you to sit back and relax for long hours. This bean bag is not just covered in a microsuede fabric, it is also made with a high-end memory foam filling. Memory foams have a longer life span compared to common bean bag types.
The Lumaland Luxury Bean Bag Chair is valued for its highest consumer ratings. You will find this comfy lounger in various colors. With its offered comfort and sturdiness, this bean bag is also considered one of the best bean bag chairs for adults.
- Transforms to full size in only a few days
- Washable outer cover and inner filling
- Adjusts and conforms with the user’s build and temperature
Pros & Cons
- Comfortable furniture solution: Luxury Bean Bag Chairs from Lumaland are available in a range of stylish colors and sizes (3ft, 4ft, 5ft, 6ft, 7ft), and are breathable, comfortable, and ultra-soft. Each product is carefully crafted and quality-checked under the highest American standards. Made in the USA.
- Expands on arrival: Your top-quality bean bag chair will be shipped in a box condensed to a fraction of its size. Please allow up to 2 weeks for the bean bag to expand to its full size. You can speed up the process by fluffing it up and crushing any foam clusters!
- Easy Care: The micro suede outer cover is machine-washable and, thanks to the beige, polyester inner cover, you can still use your foam filled bean bag on washing day!
- Superior Quality: The bean bag's inner cover is filled with high-quality foam with no plastic. The memory foam seat adapts to your body heat and shape, providing total relaxation. Our foam is 100% made in the USA in our family warehouse in Michigan and 100% virgin recycled.
- For the whole family: From small bean bags to long, jumbo bean bag chairs, these luxury loungers are the perfect addition to any basement, family room, dorm or bedroom, whether as a comfy study spot, a gaming chair or a spare bed for visitors.
4.Sofa Sack Chair
Another perfectly stylish and functional addition to your room is the Sofa Sack Plush bean bag chair. Compared to common bean bag chairs that are composed of beans, the Sofa Sack Plush is made up of memory foams, which makes it very comfortable to sit on.
The Sofa Sack Plush is designed with a soft covering that gives a gentle soft feeling on the skin. With its large profile, you can move around it freely and rest in it comfortably. And since it comes in a wide range of colors, it sure will find a spot inside your home.
With its medium size, suede-made exterior, and durable design, this ultra-soft bean bag chair is among the best bean bag chairs for teens. Its memory foam adjusts to your body, which makes it perfect for any activities such as reading and gaming.
- Large space feature is perfect for both adults and children
- Available in more than a dozen of different colors
- Made with memory foam filling, covered in suede
- Versatile design will perfectly match your home
- Medium in weight
Pros & Cons
- THE PERFECT BEDROOM ACCESSORY: Simple and soft, The Sofa Sack individual bean bag chair is the perfect addition to every nursery, playroom, child’s bedroom, or basement. Incredibly comfortable and highly functional, this sofa is a perfect compliment to any decor.
- A BEAN CHAIR WITHOUT BEANS: These colorful, personal beanless bags are comprised of memory foam, which is much more fluffy than bean filled chairs. Besides contouring to your body better, they also last longer by maintaining their structure over prolonged use.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCT: Our bean bag furniture for adults and kids is made with durable foam stuffing, encased in velvet, passion suede with double stitching for maximum strength. Designed to support small rowdy toddlers up to large men and women, these stuffed chairs are built to last.
- CONFORM TO COZY: Supersoft and velvety to the touch, these multicolor bean bags are great for sitting, napping, and lounging. 24" off the ground and 36” x 36” in size, babies, toddlers and kids will love how much room they offer while adults enjoy the single sized seating.
- ONE CHAIR, SO MANY USES: Lightweight and mobile, you can move them from room to room with ease. Great for gaming and studying in teen bedrooms and college student dorm rooms or even family movie night, game night, play dates, and reading, these simple seats are the perfect room addition.
5.Posh Creations Big Chair
Looking for a cozy bean bag chair that offers a big and comfortable space? Well, you might want to consider the Posh Creations Big Comfy Bean Bag. Whether it be for work, study, or gaming purposes, this bean bag is ideal for any kind of activity. For sure, both the boys and girls would want to have this kind of bean bag.
The Posh Creations Big Comfy Bean Bag fits all ages that are between kids and adults. It is available in a variety of 20 colors and patterns, hence you only have to pick which best suits your home decoration. If this bean bag gets smelly and dusty, all you have to do is remove its cover and wash it in a washing machine.
A washable cover is an important feature one must look for in a bean bag so that it is easy to change colors and patterns when necessary. The Posh Creations Big Comfy Bean Bag is filled with virgin polystyrene beans and is covered in a polyester fabric that is made with 100% PVC. Recognized for its durability, this sure will last for years.
- The outer cover is washable and removable
- Size is perfect for both the kids and adults
- Can fit various spaces
- Portable and easy to carry
Pros & Cons
- PREMIUM BEANBAGS Posh bean bags are made of 100% polyester stuffed with virgin polystyrene beans and come with a removable washable cover
- IDEAL SIZE Measuring 38 in x 38 in x 27 in our bean bags are great for all from an adult to child
- FUN FURNITURE From an office to a playroom or bedrooms our chairs are a great addition to any room
- KEEP IT CLEAN All our Posh Bean Bags come with removable/washable covers which most competitors do not offer
- REMOVABLE STYLISH COVERS Choose from over 20 different colors or patterns for a kid toddler teen or adult
6.Jaxx Pixel Chair
Stay comfy no matter how long your session with the Jaxx Pixel Gamer Bean Bag Chair for Gaming. Like a bean bag style chair, this piece of furniture offers total support and comfort. Coming in a traditional chair-like design, the Pixel Chair is complete with back support. Ideal for gamers, the chair looks great whether in the living room, home theater, or even a dorm room. The ultra-soft exterior features premium vinyl as well as cone denim so you can stay cozy. Thanks to the polystyrene bead filling, the Pixel Chair can actually conform to the shape of your body. No matter how you sit, you will receive total support and comfort.
Low to the ground and lightweight, with a handle for convenient transport, the Pixel Gamer Bean Bag can be placed in front of a television or monitor and quickly moved away when not needed. Because the Pixel is so good looking, you will want to show it off all the time. The top and back are soft vinyl, which is not only richly colored but durable enough to withstand daily use. The sides are black denim, and the chair features white contrast threading throughout. The EPS filling inside the Pixel arranges itself to conform to your body, while the seat is large enough to stay relaxed while taking on the big boss.
Pros & Cons
- Modern bean bag chair perfect for gaming or lounging in home theaters, living rooms, bedrooms, and dorms
- Includes removable cover with interior liner and polystyrene bead filling that conforms to your body in a variety of positions
- The two-tone cover is made from premium vinyl and cone denim and includes a reinforced handle for easy positioning
- Dimensions: 36”L x 30”W x 28”H
- No Assembly Required : Made with pride in the USA (Atlanta, GA). Foam is approved under the CertiPUR-US program, which assures that the foam is made without ozone depleters, flame retardants, heavy metals, or formaldehydes. Certification also guarantees low emissions for improved indoor air quality.
Beginner’s Guide to Bean Bag Chairs for Gaming
What is a Bean Bag Chair for Gaming
Unsurprisingly, a bean bag chair for gaming is a bean bag chair that can be used for gaming. If you’re familiar with the standard bean bag chair, just picture that — but as a seat to use while you’re playing video games.
While earlier versions of bean bag chairs from the 1960s and 1970s were quite basic, newer models offer better support. Whereas the original versions were filled with everything from plastic beads to actual beans, today’s bean bag chairs can contain polystyrene beads or even shredded foam.
Additionally, the cover can vary. While popular options include fabric — usually with a cotton composition — you can also opt for vinyl, suede, and other faux leather options. Although the most popular design that resonates in pop culture is a simple circular bag, you can find more chair-shaped versions or even square cushions. If you do live streams for your game, try the best streamers gaming chair that will make it easy and comfortable for you.
Bean Bag Chairs for Gaming vs Gaming Chairs
As compared to traditional gaming chairs, the biggest difference you’ll experience when using a bean bag chair for gaming is that you’re sitting low. Traditional gaming chairs are usually stationary on a base, designed like stadium seating, or are set on wheels. Instead, with a bean bag chair, you’ll be sitting just a few inches above the floor depending on how much support or cushioning is available through the seat of your chair.
Even though you can find overstuffed bean bag chairs, in general, this product subcategory tends to take up less space than a standard gaming chair. Because of the smaller footprint, it’s an excellent choice if you’re trying to add a chair to a bedroom or living room. Plus, since they don’t have that stereotypical gaming chair look, they can blend in better with your overall decor scheme.
And finally, one nice feature of a bean bag chair for gaming is that it’s going to be far more portable than a standard gaming chair. Whereas a theatre seating chair or a gaming chair set on wheels typically isn’t designed to be moved from room to room, you can do this with a bean bag chair. Along the same lines, a bean bag gaming chair is usually more lightweight than a standard chair.
How Bean Bag Chairs for Gaming Work
Probably of all the chair subcategories, bean bag chairs have the smallest learning curve. Unlike with standard gaming chairs, you won’t have to figure out how to manage seat height adjustments, tilt/rock, recline, or connectivity issues.
However, some bean bag chairs are designed to be convertible — meaning that they can be reconfigured from a traditional bean bag chair design to a twin or full-size mattress. This can be ideal if you’re using a bean bag chair as a portable seat for a sleepover.
These days, you can also find bean bag chairs that are designed to be ultra-supportive. Features such as body contouring mean that regardless of how you sit, the chair’s interior stuffing adjusts to provide proper support in any position. This can be essential for people using a bean bag chair for gaming.
Why You Should Buy a Bean Bag Chair for Gaming
While bean bag chairs might not be the solution for every gamer, they’re a great addition for a targeted demographic. Plus their smaller size and versatility can make them a great solution for people seeking an alternative to standard gaming chairs.
Are Bean Bag Chairs for Gaming Worth Buying
You’re a Casual Gamer: If you don’t play video games for extended periods but you still want a dedicated chair for the activity, this is a great solution. It won’t take up too much space and can still provide a comfortable seat.
You Want a More Comfortable Seat: Although sitting low to the ground isn’t for everyone, some people enjoy the plush, overstuffed design that’s typically seen with bean bag chairs. In some cases, you can even find models with responsive cushioning that provide proper support in any position.
You Want a Portable Chair: Hands down, bean bag chairs are far more portable than traditional gaming chairs. Whether you want to move your chair from room to room or you want to take it on the road, bean bag chairs can be a great solution.
Why Bean Bag Chairs for Gaming May Not Be for You
You Want a Chair with More Functionality: If you’re shopping for a chair that can be paired with devices, you’re usually not going to find this kind of tech-forward feature on a gaming chair. Instead, you’re better off shopping for a rocker gaming chair or a standard wheeled or stationary gaming chair.
You Don’t Enjoy Sitting Low to the Ground: While it is possible to find bean bag chairs for gaming that sit higher, they’re usually designed to sit low to the ground. For people that have difficulty standing from low positions, a bean bag chair isn’t a good idea.
You Want a Chair That Looks More Structured: Bean bag chairs do offer a variety of design options. But you’re going to be hard-pressed to find a bean bag chair that offers as much visible structure as you get with a standard gaming chair.
You Want Additional Support and Adjustments: As comfortable as bean bag chairs can be, you’re not going to have access to standard gaming chair features like seat height adjustment, tilt/rock, recline, or adjustable armrests. If those are deal-breakers, then you might want to avoid a bean bag gaming chair.
If you love fabric, the best fabric gaming chair will make you love your gaming experience more.
How Long Will Bean Bag Chairs for Gaming Last?
A lot goes into determining the longevity of your bean bag chair. However, the general guide is that a bean bag chair should be able to last for around five years. Keep in mind that the material quality, as well as user behavior, will also impact how frequently you need to replace your bean bag chair.
To get the most out of your investment, look for bean bag chairs made from durable materials with reinforced seams and sturdy zippers which will help to maintain the exterior cover. Additionally, avoid treating your bean bag chair roughly.
For example, don’t jump on your bean bag chair. Likewise, avoid dragging the chair over rough surfaces which can cause surface damage to the cover. Another important factor is to ensure that your bean bag chair is properly filled. Along with creating a more plush effect, this will guarantee that your chair is more comfortable and be an inviting place where you want to sit.
Just like with any other item you buy, there are going to be a few factors you need to prioritize so that you find the right bean bag chair that’s not only ideal for gaming but comfortable to use and that works for your home decor.
Bean Bag Chairs for Gaming Key Factors to Consider
1. What kind of filling do you prefer?
These days, the most common materials used to fill bean bags are either polystyrene or shredded foam. Polystyrene is essentially small pellets that are lightweight but are a dense type of styrofoam-like pellet. The drawback with polystyrene is that over time, the pellets can go flat. In contrast, shredded foam tends to hold up longer and can provide better support.
2. What material do you want for the cover?
This is an essential question as the cover material will directly impact how comfortable your chair is, how easy it is to keep clean, and how frequently the cover must be replaced. You can opt for leather, faux leather, and cloth fabric covers. There’s no right or wrong choice, but you’ll want to pick a cover that works for your lifestyle and maintenance preferences. Also, note that not all cover materials are compatible with being washed.
3. How much support do you want?
While bean bag chairs are generally considered supportive chairs, you’ll need to remember that for gaming there’s a good chance you could be sitting in that chair for hours. So, you’ll want true support. This is one factor where being cheap can backfire. You’ll want to prioritize options that feature shredded memory foam as they provide the most support. In many cases, you can find models that incorporate memory foam that can adjust to your body for the most comfort.
4. What size bean bag chair do you want?
Bean bag chairs come in a variety of sizes from small cushions to larger models that can seat two or more people or convert into mattresses. Whichever you prefer, make sure that it’s compatible with the room where you plan to keep it. The last thing you want is a chair that looks out of place with your room because it’s too large or too small.
5. What kind of design do you prefer?
Similar to size, bean bag chairs come in a range of styles. You can opt for models that have a more structured chair design while others have that traditional soft bean bag shape. The choice depends on which option you find most comfortable.
Are bean bag chairs bad for your back?
Bean bag chairs are known for being incredibly comfortable and supportive for your back — as long as you pick a chair with quality filling. However, the real question is how do you plan to use your bean bag chair, and do you already have any known issues with your back? If you need serious lumbar support, avoid the cheapest bean bag chairs as they most likely won’t have a supportive filling.
Do bean bag chairs go flat?
Not necessarily. It depends on the filling you choose. While memory foam-filled bean bag chairs tend to be more durable and less susceptible to going flat, simple polystyrene or EPS beads do tend to go flat over time and the filling will need to be replaced.
Which size bean bag is good?
This depends on your needs and how you plan on using your bean bag chair. The standard size is a six by six-inch model which can support one person. But you can also find bean bag chairs that are more like loveseats that accommodate two people. Likewise, some oversized models can convert into mattresses.
With the right bean bag chair for gaming, you can enjoy a superior experience and never complain about back pain. Whatever you are a hardcore or a part-time gamer, I bet you invest a lot of time and resources in the gaming experience. And the best bean bag chairs for gaming can impact your health in the long run. When you play games you need a durable, flexible, and comfortable place to sit that can handle long hours of wear and tear. It also needs to provide enough support to ensure that your posture is just right while playing. Even better, a bean bag chair for gaming can be used in different areas of your home, for different purposes. Not to mention, they’re also affordable as price and flexible for use.
The idea of playing into a beanbag chair has a great appeal among gaming enthusiasts, both kids, teenagers, and adults alike. They are comfortable and fun. There are many sizes, designs, and color patterns to choose from depending on your interests and style.
Best Bean Bag Chair for Gaming – Why would someone choose a bean bag chair for gaming over a traditional gaming chair? Bean bag chairs are one of the best gaming chairs and ideal for casual gamers who want a portable chair that can also be useful for watching television or lounging around the house. Bean bag chairs come in a variety of configurations, making them a great option for people with limited space where a traditional gaming chair would be impractical.
Grab your controller, kick back, and relax with the best bean bag chairs for gaming. These versatile seats provide exceptional comfort and can be used in any number of situations. Plop it down in the bedroom, den, or man cave, and you’ve got a supportive gaming chair at a fraction of the price!
This article takes you through the best bean bag gaming chairs for kids and adults. It also offers a general overview of this unique piece of furniture, as well as some creative ways you can use one to level up your game.
Additionally, the convertible nature of these types of chairs makes them ideal for people who like to make frequent adjustments. And the fact that most of these types of chairs sit low to the ground makes them perfect for younger gamers. Keep reading our bean bag chairs for gaming buying guide to learn more.