Best Camping Chair for Heavy Person – If you are a plus-size person passionate about outdoor getaways, and you have never considered one of the top-rated camp chairs for heavy people, then you are missing out big.
Let us face it, finding the perfect camping chair for yourself is not an easy task. The simple truth is that most camping chairs are designed for people of average size, which is generally not the best fit for a heavy person.
Fortunately, there are a few exceptions to this, as a few manufacturers have recently started making camping chairs just for heavy people.
You see, camping chairs for fat people are designed specifically to help you enjoy a complete experience during your trips to the park, outdoor camping, the beach, or anywhere else you might need a seat.
Focused on your comfort, they are oversized and have a restful back with some even having cup holders and padded armrests.
And importantly, most feature a sturdy steel frame to ensure you will never again worry about your seat collapsing under your weight
So, rather than squeezing yourself into an inadequate, highly uncomfortable minimalist camp chair, grab a camping chair for a heavy person and push fun a notch higher.
1.EVER ADVANCED Chair
Built spacious and sturdy for your durability and comfort, this easy-folding quad chair is ideal for camping, picnic, or anywhere you need to have a seat. For your drink on a sunny day, there’s an adjustable cup holder built into the armrest, and the chair folds compactly into an included carry bag for easy storage and transport.
The frame is a strong steel, and in view of this, the weight of this chair is quite remarkable, more below. The tubes are 17 mm in diameter.
The fabric is not water-resistant so it is best to avoid rain in view of its inner padding. This is a durable 600D polyester, quite typical for the chairs of this type. The included carry bag is with a strap so you can carry it attached to a shoulder.
The feet are particularly wide so it will not sink easily in soft ground, and it can be used also in a floored family camping tent.
- Padded Seat & Back: thicker and wider paded seat and backrest are more comfortable and durable than ordinary mesh recliner, and improve load-bearing performance.It is friendly to heavy people.
- Zero Gravity Chair: the zero gravity recliner provides 160 ° adjustable posture, and the height adjustable headrest provides support for the neck or waist, which can reduce organ pressure and reduce discomfort during sedentary.
- Convenient Tray: the side table provide a temporary storage area and keep your cup, book, mobile phone or speaker within reach.
- No Assembly: easy to fold and compact, suitable for any indoor and outdoor occasions, such as pool, terrace, courtyard, office and study.
- Size: The lounge chair is 70"L and 22"W, and is suitable for people of various heights. Folding dimensions are 29.5"L x 6"W x 39.5 "H. The bearing capacity is 300 lbs.
Back to basics with this elegant camping chair. There are three colors to choose from, each representing a shade of nature, and the design brings comfort, stability, and ease-of-use.
Steel tubing has been used for the frame, and that steel is black powder coated for extra durability, and to also give a clean finish. The 600D polyester material is rated for up to 400 pounds, and will wick away moisture, drying quickly (something that is important when you are in the great outdoors). The fabric is double-layered in key areas, and there is a foam pad stitched into the back for extra comfort.
The seat is extra-wide, so you will not be pinched when you do sit. It folds and unfolds extremely quickly, perfect for camping, the beach, or your lawn at home. The Mossy Oak Camping Chair only weighs in at 8.5 pounds and comes with a black carry bag that will protect it while in storage and make it easy to take everywhere with you.
There is a built-in 4-can insulated cooler in the arm, zippered for easy access. On the opposite arm, there is a solid fabric cup holder, large enough for almost all drinks, and featuring a metal eyelet draining hole. A great chair to relax in comfort.
- DURABLE: Our camp chair is built from a steel tubing frame with black powder coating and 600D polyester material to support up to 400 lbs. The fabric is double layered in key areas and includes a foam upper back pad for comfort and support.
- COMFORTABLE: Over-sized camping chairs for heavy people provide a comfortable wide seat for enjoying your favorite outdoor activities. It also works great at home for replacing basic lawn chairs or for extra outdoor seating when entertaining guests.
- VERSATILE: Ideal camping chairs for adults to enjoy for football and baseball tailgating chair, soccer, or any other sports venue. This lightweight and collapsible chair is equally useful and convenient for hunting, fishing, or relaxing outdoors.
- PORTABLE: Weighing only 8.5 pounds, these oversized camping chairs are lightweight and packs away quickly in the included black carrying bag with draw cord opening and easy to carry shoulder strap.
- CONVENIENT: These camp chairs for adults feature a built-in 4-can insulated cooler with a dual zippered handle on the left arm, and a solid fabric, large cup holder with a metal eyelet drain hole on the right arm. The cooler can also make for storage.
3.CLIQ Camping Chair
This little chair holds the title of “the most funded folding chair in crowdfunding history”. Do you enjoy camping or barbeques? Days on the beach? Backpacking, or lively music festivals? Or maybe you best enjoy just sitting on your lawn, feeding the pigeons? For absolutely any or all of these activities, this is the perfect portable chair. Not only does it hold 300 lbs, but it weighs a minute 3.5 lbs itself, and folds down to the size of a large drinking bottle. The Cliq Camping Chair sets up in 5 seconds, with the push of a button, essentially, and is tip-proof, with 4 solid rubber feet tips, splayed out to ensure stability in sand, mud, or dirt.
This durable and versatile chair is not only the most compact portable chair on the market, but it is also built to last. With an aircraft-grade aluminum frame, which is rustproof and scratch-resistant, and a double stitched ripstop ballistic nylon seat, which is water and tearproof, this robust little lawn chair will last you a lifetime. Carry bags can be bought separately, allowing you to carry multiple chairs in one hand. So grab one or more of these lightweight and comfortable lawn chairs, and rest your tush in style and comfort, no matter where you want to be.
- The bottle sized camping chair for anywhere: Cliq Camping Chairs are almost the size of your drink bottle, making them the most compact portable chair on the market. With a robust construction and easy setup, see why we're the most backed camping chair in the history of crowdfunding.
- A camping chair ready in five seconds: Designed in Santa Barbara, the Cliq camp chair is not only compact, but sets up in five seconds with its patented design. Our tip-proof outdoor chair keeps you stable and secure in sand, mud and dirt. Go ahead and rock it, you won't fall off.
- Sturdy and stable fold up chair: Cliq outdoor folding chairs have been built with quality and durability in mind. Featuring aircraft grade aluminum, twice stitched ripstop ballistic nylon, double seams for durability and solid rubber feet tips, Cliq portable chairs are built for maximum strength. Our four legged, tip-proof camping chairs have been tested extensively and support up to 300 pounds while only weighing 3.5 pounds.
- A camping chair that is built for anywhere: The Cliq folding chair is super compact and versatile. Use it as a camping chair, folding chair, lawn chair, backpacking chair, beach chair and more. Suitable for barbecues, picnics, beach days, backpacking trips, camping trips , music festivals and concerts. The Cliq camping chair is an essential to add to your camping accessories.
- Why you want a cliq camping chair: The Cliq portable chair is almost the size of a drink bottle and sets up in five seconds. Cliq camping chairs are built with premium components that support 300 pounds and last a lifetime. With three carry bag options (sold separately), carry all your camping chairs in one hand. See why the Cliq camping chair is the most backed crowdfunding camping chair of all time.
What To Know Before Buying a Heavy-Duty Camping Chair
Type Of Chair
There are many different camping chairs out there, so it is good to know what you are getting into before purchasing one. The differences between the chairs can determine the weight they can carry and the features which can be included. Let’s take a closer look.
Traditional camping chairs are the most common and are the chair which you will see around most campfires and in most campgrounds. They have a sturdy build and are raised from the ground (usually at a similar height to regular chairs). They are comfortable, flexible, and can be folded for easy storage.
Portable camping chairs are similar to traditional chairs but more commonly sit closer to the ground. They are perfect for hunting and fishing, and anything else where you have to keep a low-profile. Being low to the ground, these chairs are sometimes hard to get out of, especially if you are a bigger guy.
Hybrid camping chairs are still collapsible camping chairs, but they often feature a lot of luxury features which make the chair more comfortable. This can make them bulkier and more expensive, so you will have to weigh up cost versus functionality.
Director’s Chairs look like the chairs that directors use on movie sets. They have a full seat, good sturdy back, and solid arms. The arms are usually rigid yet padded, so they can be comfortable, but offer more durability over time than comfort. The back keeps you in an upright position, protecting your back and posture, and the chair will fold flat for transport.
Construction And Materials
Regular camping chairs are strong and tough, but we are looking for extra-strong and extra-tough. We need chairs which are going to hold up under extreme conditions. You want the best chair out there. This often means a frame which is well put together and crafted from iron, steel, or aluminum.
For the best mix of weight and strength, we recommend powder-coated aluminum. This material is strong and light while being perfect for a folding chair.
Then we come to the part you sit in. You want to combine a strong frame with a supportive and comfortable seat material. Heavy-duty materials like polyester and nylon will cradle you while holding up to the elements too. You want a material which is waterproof and UV-resistant. Mesh fabrics will give breathability. Look for the stitching on the material; this is where the weak points are. Double-stitching is preferred. If you want more comfort than just the fabric, then you can look for extra padding too.
Comfort And Capacity
Most chairs are rated for capacity. Heavy-duty camping chairs are usually rated for 300 to 800 pounds. This capacity is usually below what the chair can actually hold, but we still do not recommend toeing the line. Choose a chair which can comfortably hold all of your weight to prevent the frame from becoming damaged over time. The more the chair can hold, the better it will be in the long run.
Choose a chair based on comfort, too. The chair should have the basic function of holding you, but that does not mean that it should not be as comfortable as possible. Back support is essential. You can also look for a chair which has a footrest so that you can put your feet up by the fire.
When you are relaxing, you want somewhere to store your belongings, such as phone, wallet, and keys. Look for a chair with pockets to store all of these items. A table is also handy and can be used to lay a book to read, a notepad to write, and snacks to eat. A cup holder is never an unwelcome addition for those hot or cold drinks by the fire.
Seat Height And Width
How often have you thought about the height of a seat?
Probably not very often. In fact, when we are buying chairs, we don’t often think about it, choosing by accessories and comfort instead, but seat height and width are all about your comfort. If you have ever sat in a chair for a long time, your comfort can suffer, especially if it is the wrong height or width.
If the seat is too high, your legs can hang down, and the backs of your thighs can press into the material. It can quickly become uncomfortable. This adds pressure to the backs of your knees and can cause damage over time.
A chair with a seat that is too low can also be uncomfortable. You may need to extend your legs instead of allowing them to sit in a natural position. This is especially true for larger people.
The width also adds to your comfort. Even an inch too narrow can cause the seat to pinch at you when you are sitting. If you are in doubt, always go for a chair that is too wide rather than a little too narrow.
If you are going on a long camping trip, then a chair which has a lot of portability is a welcome thing.
Does the chair fold up? How small and compact does it fold up? We find that the best chairs come with a bag which the chair can go into once it is folded. Camping chairs are generally not the smallest items in the world so a case with a handle or shoulder strap can set a chair apart from another.
If you are looking for a heavy-duty camping chair, then nothing says durability more than an extended warranty. If a product is built to last, then it will usually come with a warranty, some insurance that the company believes in their product.
A camping chair should not be something which you spend a whole lot of money on, but you always get what you pay for. The chairs on our list are not the cheapest chairs out there, but they are the most affordable. They are the chairs which will last you for a long time, saving you from repairs and replacements (and, let’s face it, you will likely be replacing a chair instead of repairing it).
Are camping chairs good for the beach?
The answer is yes. Camping chairs are excellent companions for the beach. They fold away so easily and are super lightweight so you can carry them with ease along with all your other beach-related equipment.
They make an excellent change from simply sitting on towels or on the sand and support you far more. They are also great for holding your beers (provided you have cup holders in the chair) whilst you play a game of beach volleyball or go for a dip in the ocean.
How can I make my camping chair more comfortable?
An uncomfortable camping chair is the worst! You may as well be sat on a rock! Luckily there are ways you can make it a much more comfortable experience for you. ‘
You could grab some pillows or cushions to position yourself a little higher on the chair as well as giving your back some padding.
You could also add some blankers to make the chair softer. This works especially well if it is the material that you are finding uncomfortable. You can also get seat pads, like those used for dining chairs that may fit the shape of the chair a little better.
How much weight can a camping chair hold?
For this question, the answer will wholly depend on the specific chair. Each chair has its own weight restrictions.
For example, camping chairs designed for children and teenagers will hold much less weight compared to adult camping chairs.
The weight restrictions on children’s camping chairs can vary a great deal but typically they can hold no more than 150 lbs to 200 lbs. Adult camping chairs can range from as little as 200 lbs to as much as 500 lbs.
For a definitive answer, you should check any instructions or manuals that came with your chair or get in touch with the manufacturer of the chair directly.
Can you use a camping chair at your desk?
Camping chairs are not suitable for use at your desk.
They are very low and it is unlikely that you would be able to reach a typical desk whilst sat on a campaign chair.
Desk chairs are specially designed to work ergonomically for you, providing your back, arms, and even your head with the correct posture when sat at your desk using the computer or writing.
Camping chairs are designed for a completely different use. They are purely for leisure, to be used every now and then on camping trips. They are not designed to be sat in for long periods of time.
As with any chair, it is important that you regularly adjust your sitting position, as well as standing up and walking regularly to avoid getting cramps and other health conditions associated with long term sitting.
Why are camping chairs so low to the ground?
The reason camping chairs are so low to the ground is that the lower to the ground something is, the more stability it has. Because of the lightweight materials used for a camping chair, it is important that you ensure they are secure and stable enough to sit on.
A higher up camping chair may be less sturdy once sat on, especially if holding a particularly heavy weight. As well as this, the lower to the ground, the more able you are to stretch out your legs in front of you to relax.
Best Camping Chair for Heavy Person – Who does not like camping? Is there anything better than pitching a tent in nature, cooking your supper over an open fire, and falling asleep under the stars? There is something about being out in nature which makes life worthwhile. Sometimes, you just need to get out there and get away from the lights and noise.
Now, being out in nature is about leaving the comforts of home behind, but if you are anything like we are, you appreciate a good spot to sit. Sitting on the ground is fine, but there is nothing better than pulling up a camping chair to the fire to warm yourself and find outdoor comfort.
For big and rugged guys, finding the perfect camping chair is not always easy. You need a durable and a heavy-duty chair which is strong and long-lasting, and that is exactly what we have found. The chairs on our list are as tough as you are.